• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roster Guessing Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Okay, here is how this works. We will have 12 contestants, who submit dream rosters to someone who signs up as a "librarian". Then, on each round one of the contestants becomes a judge, and has everyone else guess their dream rosters. Each newcomer will have a rank. Important characters have a yellow border on the roster maker, semi-important characters have a green border, and non-important ones have a red border, while all Brawl veterans are blue. After the round is over, the librarian shows the judge's dream roster, and uses a points system that works like this:

• Guessing an important newcomer is worth 4 points.
  • Guessing a semi-important newcomer is worth 2 points.
  • Guessing a non-important newcomer is worth 1 point.
  • Missing a semi-important newcomer deducts 1 point.
  • Missing an important newcomer deducts 2 points.
  • The person with the least points gets eliminated.
  • If there are any characters or cuts you hate, you can take away up to 4 points for every character you hate. And if there are any characters you like but didn't think of, you can add up to 4 points for every character you like.
The maximum number of characters on any given roster is 50.

People involved:

Librarian:
josh bones

Contestants:
  1. Fortanono
  2. TCT~Phantom
  3. lonekonwolf
  4. SuperBrawler
  5. Mega Bidoof
  6. Tepig2000
  7. PixelPasta
  8. OPEN!
  9. OPEN!
  10. OPEN!
  11. OPEN!
  12. OPEN!
Oh, and the last person to sign up doesn't have a round, so sign up quickly!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is there a limit to how big the roster can be? If there isn't, then add one.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sure, If someone could help with making a roster! Can't find the right program...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
so basically we sent in our dream rosters to a specific person, then we have everyone try to guess his/her's rosters, and the people who are the least correct gets eliminated? well I like it,
you can count me in I guess,

Fortanono

Smash Ace
so basically we sent in our dream rosters to a specific person, then we have everyone try to guess his/her's rosters, and the people who are the least correct gets eliminated? well I like it,
you can count me in I guess,
Yep.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Will join on Saturday when I make my dream roster.
Can I put you on the list anyway?

Oh, and new feature: Bonus Points!

Basically, if there are any characters or cuts you hate, you can take away up to 4 points for every character you hate. And if there are any characters you like but didn't think of, you can add up to 4 points for every character you like.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I wanna play!

Is this for predicting, or what we want in the roster.
Also, can you make an exception for my roster size?
It has 51 characters exact XD!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I knew the PM would work!

What we want, and yes.
Ok.

But I noticed that it is a dream roster contest, but it is being based on realism. That would be like telling someone to get an ice cream cone they really like, and then judging it on healthiness.
That or I am not reading the OP right.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Ok.

But I noticed that it is a dream roster contest, but it is being based on realism. That would be like telling someone to get an ice cream cone they really like, and then judging it on healthiness.
That or I am not reading the OP right.
No, other people try to guess your dream roster. The points system is for that. And sorry for my delayed response, I was putting together one for you. :p

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No, other people try to guess your dream roster. The points system is for that. And sorry for my delayed response, I was putting together one for you. :p
Aahhh.
In that case, I need to change my roster.
My prediction roster is the one with 51.

Since it is a dream roster and a lot of characters in them are unrealistic, I'd suggest boosting up the maximum limit.
Maybe to 60.
My dream roster is 55, but I'll make changes if nescasary.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Aahhh.
In that case, I need to change my roster.
My prediction roster is the one with 51.

Since it is a dream roster and a lot of characters in them are unrealistic, I'd suggest boosting up the maximum limit.
Maybe to 60.
My dream roster is 55, but I'll make changes if nescasary.
For now, I think it's fine. Sorry. I already made one with 51, gotta do it again...

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I'm going to participate. The newcomers are the only ones that need red, green and yellow borders right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom