• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
ITS FAKE. The guy only had the game so HOW WOULD HE EVEN KNOW ABOUT DLC?? HE EVEN ORIGINALLY CROSSED OUT THOSE CHARACTERS IN THE ORIGINAL LEAK PLUS HE HAD NO IDEA ABOUT MEWTWO. There's also something going around that say that Ness's stripe design has been consistent until the design in this leak. It's very easy to tell that the guy faked it. Ridley lives on!!! I WAS WRONG YESSSSS.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
Well I come here wondering if the space pirates have seen the leak and of course everyone's going nutz this is gonna be a weird night since we just hours away from pyroshere's anniversary!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I refuse to think ridley is done for This leak is feak no ice climbers,Wolf,Nothing but clones left.Trust me were fine

Chase

Smash Ace
I refuse to think ridley is done for This leak is feak no ice climbers,Wolf,Nothing but clones left.Trust me were fine
"This leak is feak" is my new favorite phrase of all time.

In all seriousness, Ridley lives another day...surviving a year. Impressive.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This leak is the real deal folks.

This kind of attitude is the same exact thing I saw with both Melee's leak and Brawl's leak.

We need to start fighting right now for Ridley in Project M. Its going to be an uphill battle, since unlike every other P:M newcomer nothing has been done for Ridley, and he also would be a challenging character to implement.

We need a high quality playable Ridley in order to prove to the Too Bigots (Sakurai included) that a high quality playable version of Ridley is possible.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And your proof of that is...?

While I do believe that we shouldn't simply dismiss the leak because we find it to be unsatisfactory, it is equally foolish to assert that it is real without proof.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
c01.png
I have no doubts on the leak making the slightest impression on Ridley's chances...
a21.png
But just in case Sakurai turns out to be the clone-loving, Metroid-fan-hating b*stard we often make him out to be, I have the perfect gif.

Eh, what the hell, spread the gif to the leak thread and the other excluded character threads too.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

This kind of attitude is the same exact thing I saw with both Melee's leak and Brawl's leak.

We need to start fighting right now for Ridley in Project M. Its going to be an uphill battle, since unlike every other P:M newcomer nothing has been done for Ridley, and he also would be a challenging character to implement.

We need a high quality playable Ridley in order to prove to the Too Bigots (Sakurai included) that a high quality playable version of Ridley is possible.
I'm sorry, not buying it. Believe it yourself, until Sakurai says it first, I'm not believing it. And don't bring that "Seniority" logic in here, not trying to be rude, just don't.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't think we're actually going to get anything Ridley related tomorrow, guys. No direct was announced. Maybe we'll get a new character next week :/

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Guys? There is NOTHING to worry about. The leak is fake. Not just because of reasons people more observant than I have noted, but because it did not come from Sakurai himself. And also because it claims Jigglypuff is in.

Ridley is in. Full stop, end of story. Be unwavering in this, and you shall be vindicated. :demon:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Ridley is in. Full stop, end of story. Be unwavering in this, and you shall be vindicated. :demon:
I think this kind of attitude is dangerous and just invites detractors to kick sand in your face if you end up wrong. And I see that a lot in this thread.

I believe the leak to be a fake, but I don't think that means Ridley is in "end of story."

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I don't think we're actually going to get anything Ridley related tomorrow, guys. No direct was announced. Maybe we'll get a new character next week :/
A direct could possibly be on Friday or next week, I read up an the official character discussion forum that some people on game faqs found if you google Nintendo Direct, then use the search tool and click last 24 hours its the fourth option down. Maybe they might show Ridley then.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
if I may say the only reason why this leak is so believable is because we are so close to launch
the reason why previous leaks were clearly fake is because they were guessing on so many things not just newcomers, but how the selection screen looks how the artwork will be displayed even simple things like if mario would have a fireball in the selection we have artwork for so many characters and so many little features have been confirmed that there's not much left to fake the guy just needed to draw up a few different characters and boom one hour in photo shop and he's done
also the xenoblade stage looks like straight up concept art from xenoblade itself

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You people are still talking about the leak? I thought it was proven to be fake long ago.

Let's try to talk about something more substantial, shall we? Like which stages will Ridley do best on? I think the stages he will do best on are Pilot Wings, Pyrosphere, Town & City, Mushroom Kingdom U, and Skyloft, because they are primarily platform stages that offer a decent amount of airgame for players.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
You people are still talking about the leak? I thought it was proven to be fake long ago.

Let's try to talk about something more substantial, shall we? Like which stages will Ridley do best on? I think the stages he will do best on are Pilot Wings, Pyrosphere, Town & City, Mushroom Kingdom U, and Skyloft, because they are primarily platform stages that offer a decent amount of airgame for players.
Don't forget Battlefield. If Ridley has good reach he'll be a monster on a small stage with platforms. (hopefully)

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
As bad as this supposed leak looks...if only Ridley were to show up playable alongside all these guys...I'd be totally satisfied. I'm the furthest thing from a dog person and I despise Bowser's total brat of a child...but the thought of Ridley eating them both alive...that'd all make up for it. :awesome:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

i think one of the stages he'll probably have trouble on is the tomadachi stage on the 3ds. it looks cramped for every fighter though

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I refuse to belive any stupid roster leak until a battle is recorded full on 2:00 match using new characters. If that can not be supplied the leak is, in my eyes, fake.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The stages that Ridley will probably do terrible on are the Boxing Ring, the Coliseum, Mario Galaxy (because of its stage gimmick), and the Living Room, because they're walk-off stages that heavily favor a ground-game instead of an air-game. Assuming that Ridley will do well in the air but mediocre on the ground, the player using him will have to be careful whenever they're forced to play on that stage.

I can imagine that the light fixtures above the Boxing Ring would be quite dangerous to them should they fall, moreso than other characters.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
The stages that Ridley will probably do terrible on are the Boxing Ring, the Coliseum, Mario Galaxy (because of its stage gimmick), and the Living Room, because they're walk-off stages that heavily favor a ground-game instead of an air-game. Assuming that Ridley will do well in the air but mediocre on the ground, the player using him will have to be careful whenever they're forced to play on that stage.
i believe a clever counter is for the player to get their opponent caught in the air to deal good damage. like grab them and throw them in the air then quickly deal ariel damage. or use a smash attack to launch them in the air and procceed with the ariel damage. that was one of my Ness stradegys in brawl and that helped me win tournaments at school

Zynux

Smash Lord
I agree. Regardless of the shenanigans that are going on now, I hold firm to the belief that Sakurai has no reason to show Ridley in a PoTD tomorrow. Whether boss or playable, that would completely ruin the Ridley teasing and have it come to an anti-climatic halt.

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
A direct could possibly be on Friday or next week, I read up an the official character discussion forum that some people on game faqs found if you google Nintendo Direct, then use the search tool and click last 24 hours its the fourth option down. Maybe they might show Ridley then.
i can see that being true since its about time we should be getting another direct

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Between Ness's shirt, Wario's Eye, and the Nintendo 4DS confirmed by the "leak," I think it's safe to say Ridley's not been budged by this.

Ya'll flip-flop harder than a pancake.

Morbi

Scavenger
Between Ness's shirt, Wario's Eye, and the Nintendo 4DS confirmed by the "leak," I think it's safe to say Ridley's not been budged by this.

Ya'll flip-flop harder than a pancake.
Not all of us.

I can imagine that the light fixtures above the Boxing Ring would be quite dangerous to them should they fall, moreso than other characters.
Ridley will also do terrible on Dr. Wily's Castle... against a REAL boss!

Top Bottom