• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
sakurai will laugh as he is swallowed by the flames?

wow, he really is self-destructive.

but, yeah... if we dont get ridley... hell will be raised.

this world will be scorched and there will be naught but ash.

also, i think it sounds weird because in a place that knows nothing of metroid or mario, they probably wouldnt have electricity... let alone TVs and hot tea...
Didn`t you know that he actually is a demon of all-star games? That is why he drinks our tears, laughs and counts his money. And that is why we have such cruel character called "Kirby"...now do you believe me?

Well, i live in such country for at least 11 years (3 years i lived in another country called Russia, but it is better and no, there is no bears on unicycles wearing ushankas and playing on balalaika while drinking/eating borscht or big bulky guys wrestling with bears and dancing cossack dance while heavily drinking with a very gloomy face in Russia), there is electricy, HD TVs, PS2, chocolate, etc. But no one knows what is "Metroid" and nearly no one knows who is "Mario".
Ridley and King K Rool, then its perfect :denzel:
Ridley, King K.Rool and Metwo. Then it is so perfect my eyes will bleed even through i support only Ridley.

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
And a new Ganon/Ganondorf.
Mewtwo can go or stay.
I thought updated Ganandorf was a given :denzel: I will be pissed if he doesn't get more changes to his moveset.

I feel the same way about Mewtwo, but since he is sooo heavily requested Sakurai should probably add him/it I just hope they change his moves a little.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm going to say something dangerous...I haven't played NES Metroid, Metroid 2 OR Super Metroid. I've played Zero Mission, Fusion, and all Prime games. Also happy Metroid Month from WV! This has to be the month. I would be shocked if it isn't.
In honor of the month, go play some Super Metroid nao!... And then get it on VC if possible.. You're welcome.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It took me 2 tries in Super Metroid to get the perfect ending

One game I took a long time but 100%

and the next game, since I knew where most things were after 100% the first game, I was able to speed through it

First 2 times I ever played the game

Super Metroid is one of the few games I own the cart for.

I don't remember where I got it though. Might of been from a flea market

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
New mini game announced in the 3DS version, something called "Target Blast"

I am now waiting for the first Miiverse comment saying that Ridley is big enough to destroy everything in sight.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Let's hope so, but for some reason some people like to pretend that the Prime games don't exist. I don't get it because they're all amazing games.
I call them origin loyalists, they believe games should never innovate and should stay the same forever and to only do something different with a different series, and then have that series never change as well.

I hate them all.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I call them origin loyalists, they believe games should never innovate and should stay the same forever and to only do something different with a different series, and then have that series never change as well.

I hate them all.
I thought we called them "Melee fans".

Sorry, that was horrible and mean, but such a perfect opportunity.

Metroid Prime was the best example of massively redesigning mechanics without changing genre in any video game ever. It also had an awesome Meta Ridley.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

I am now waiting for the first Miiverse comment saying that Ridley is big enough to destroy everything in sight.
abeley.png

Eh, close enough...

Also, I was actually kinda expecting Ness to be confirmed.

You know, with Mother anniversary last week and so.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Where did you get this info? I don't get Pics of the day for about another hour and a half.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

I hate them all.
Like GEEWUN peoples? I mean those guys who think that changes like Sonic`s eye color, Sonic Boom designs, Optimus Prime having flames decos and not being a flat-nosed truck, Megatron not turning into a gun even if it doesn`t makes any sense in something like that Transformers movie, Wavedashing getting removed, Brawl getting more accessible for casual players, addition of shinies, etc, makes something RUINED FOREVER. Oh, and Fire Emblem. The classes and characters in every subsequent game are an insult to the ones in the past. Not to mention that when Nintendo finally decided to start releasing them outside of Japan, they immediately started to suck because now people besides importers were playing them. The completely optional Casual Mode that has no effect on the games at all if you don't select it? Ruined FE forever*. Things like no Mega Man in Marvel VS Capcom 3, no Crash Bandicoot in Playstation All-Star royale, etc. are very bad things, but that?!
More examples of that nonsense can be found there:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/RuinedFOREVER/VideoGames-Specific
*Credits to TVTropes for that.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Guys, it doesn't say pic of the day in the Japanese or English version. I know this is wishful think, but what if there is another picture today?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
well its been steadily going for a freaking year, almost... if we dont get to our destination soon, im about to leap off this train.
Don't! It would be suicide to jump out of the train while it moves at high speeds like this!

Also, once again a non-Bossley PotD. God bless.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Like GEEWUN peoples? I mean those guys who think that changes like Sonic`s eye color, Sonic Boom designs, Optimus Prime having flames decos and not being a flat-nosed truck, Megatron not turning into a gun even if it doesn`t makes any sense in something like that Transformers movie, Wavedashing getting removed, Brawl getting more accessible for casual players, addition of shinies, etc, makes something RUINED FOREVER. Things like no Mega Man in Marvel VS Capcom 3, no Crash Bandicoot in Playstation All-Star royale, etc. are very bad things, but that?!
They come in all forums, I had the most toxic argument with someone who hated metroid prime and said they should scrap prime all together and go back and side side scrolling and stay there.

Also lets not forget prime came out around or the same time as fusion.

Had the same arguments with sonic the hedgehog fans.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
They come in all forums, I had the most toxic argument with someone who hated metroid prime and said they should scrap prime all together and go back and side side scrolling and stay there.

Also lets not forget prime came out around or the same time as fusion.

Had the same arguments with sonic the hedgehog fans.
Well, i like side scrolling games more (most likely because i didn`t personally played Prime games, at least not fully, but that is because i don`t like first-person games, not just FPS), but quality of Prime games (except for Prime 2 for few reasons) is just great. From what i have heard and saw, they feel a lot like Metroid games and shooting is not the main focus of those games (it is important, but not THE most important part of it).

Was they saying something about how Sonic Boom ruined the franchise forever without it even being finished or what? Kinda like what happened with Metroid Prime, but we don`t know will it be good or bad, like Sonic '06 was. Or what some peoples think about Zela || and how it is going against LoZ formula and everything even if it was only 2nd game.

I know one game that once had pretty negative reviews that now are instead positive and its sequel right now has negative reviews too, but i liked it nearly as much as its prequel and don`t see why there is so much hate for it. And it doesn`t really matters...

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the day is angry birds, not Ridley so we live another day.
i wish people would stop acknowledging angry birds... its a complete rip-off of a game on newgrounds called "crush the castle"... which is way better than the rip-off, angry birds.

the pic of the day looks interesting... does this mean the homerun contest is gone, or what?

the mini-game still looks fun, though.

also, another day we go without any information on ridley is hardly a day worth experiencing... too many days have gone by without any info on him...

i know its probably not likely, but i hope the direct coming up has a surprise for smash fans... anything... just a little hint...

ok, everyone... when the direct comes on monday, search for any tiny little thing that can be taken out of context, AND BLOW IT WAY OUT OF PROPORTION!

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Guys, it doesn't say pic of the day in the Japanese or English version. I know this is wishful think, but what if there is another picture today?
I was going to write this off as wishful thinking. But I've scrolled down past June and can't find another Pic of the Day without the "Pic of the Day" tag before it.

So.... Maybe?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All that build up for nothing. 0/10 great game
Like what may happen (f**k no) to Ridley...or K.Rool. Or Mewtwo (he had no build up, but whatever)...
If that will happen, i will commit a very terrible crime - i will NOT FEED MY CAT TODAY...and that is so terrible...

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
i wish people would stop acknowledging angry birds... its a complete rip-off of a game on newgrounds called "crush the castle"... which is way better than the rip-off, angry birds.

the pic of the day looks interesting... does this mean the homerun contest is gone, or what?

the mini-game still looks fun, though.

also, another day we go without any information on ridley is hardly a day worth experiencing... too many days have gone by without any info on him...

i know its probably not likely, but i hope the direct coming up has a surprise for smash fans... anything... just a little hint...

ok, everyone... when the direct comes on monday, search for any tiny little thing that can be taken out of context, AND BLOW IT WAY OUT OF PROPORTION!
Homerun is confirmed for 3DS at least

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlX_3cGeA

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Welp, entering Metroid month. Full speed ahead. Can't be long until we know the truth now.

Also, check the week in review when it goes up for my Ridley analysis article. Used a few things from here, if ya'll see something I didn't properly credit, lemme know so it can be edited in!

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
When Anthony gets announced instead of Ridley:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
No one even remembers Anthony.

Anyways, Metroid month, Metroid avatar then~

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Your last avatar kinda scared me, lol. Something about the art style.
Yeah... Kubo Tite's art style is kinda eerie in a certain way, but I love it.

It is such a shame he is a terrible writer, so the manga I took my previous avatar from is hot garbage.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah... Kubo Tite's art style is kinda eerie in a certain way, but I love it.

It is such a shame he is a terrible writer, so the manga I took my previous avatar from is hot garbage.
It did have a certain charm to it. I just found I couldn't look at it too long xD

Anyways, if anything Pyrosphere related is gonna be revealed this month, I'd bet on it being the 20'th. It's either gonna be that or some random new character reveal.

Top Bottom