• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
On a scale 1/10 what do you think the chances are of ridley getting in as a playable character in SSB4?
11/10

i am staking everything on it, the very last speck of sanity i cling to will be utterly annihilated if ridley is not playable.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
oh man I hope you're gonna do what I think you're gonna do, though unfortunately I don't know if there is one, but if there is.... bring the video up here
I had a lot of ideas, some that depend if ridley is playble or not.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Okay, let's clear up this "Shokio ignited the Ridley hate" junk.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928518-super-smash-bros-brawl?page=48&search=Ridley

This is from the Brawl boards. 2008. Over six years ago. Keep in mind GameFAQs only started archiving topics around the end of January 2008, so there easily could have been more Ridley topics. Take a gander through some of the topics and the reactions to Ridley being a boss.

The anti-Ridley sentiments have been a thing LOOOOONG before Shokio appeared.

All Shokio succeeded in doing is being loud and amassing a large group of people who can't think for themselves. They're just like "I think Ridley wouldn't work well, I just don't know why.... OH, this loud guy seems really really sure about what he's talking about, and he really thinks Ridley won't work. I'm so adapting his opinion!"

It urks me to put it this way, but blame it on charisma. Charisma doesn't need to emphasize any facts.
I'd figured the later Shoks had actually contributed to since he is rather big as ****. :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you Ridley supporters want a good laugh that involves a certain too bigot, then take a gander at this.

Shokio: "Ridley is a dragon. Dragon, dragon anatomy dictates that they are all supposed to be freaking huge!"

Ridley: "Who the hell are you calling a big dragon?"

Shokio: "Listen up *****, you're not a gamer!"

Ridley: "You are beginning to piss me off, you insignificant lifeform!"

Shokio: "In all honesty, does that even look right to you? No, it looks ******** as **** at that size!"

Ridley: "That's it, I'll show you who's too big! Especially when you couldn't shut that big mouth of yours!"

Ridley devours Shokio as he screams like a scared girl and flies off after swallowing his flesh chunks

The end.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If you Ridley supporters want a good laugh that involves a certain too bigot, then take a gander at this.

Shokio: "Ridley is a dragon. Dragon, dragon anatomy dictates that they are all supposed to be freaking huge!"

Ridley: "Who the hell are you calling a big dragon?"

Shokio: "Listen up *****, you're not a gamer!"

Ridley: "You are beginning to piss me off, you insignificant lifeform!"

Shokio: "In all honesty, does that even look right to you? No, it looks ******** as **** at that size!"

Ridley: "That's it, I'll show you who's too big! Especially when you couldn't shut that big mouth of yours!"

Ridley devours Shokio as he screams like a scared girl and flies off after swallowing his flesh chunks

The end.
DAN OUTTA DAN.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Our San-Diego Comic-Con "Surprise" was revealed.
People who go to Comic-Con, manage to bring their phone, take a picture of themselves and post it to Nintendo on Twitter/Facebook/Whatever with #BringMeSmash will get a CHANCE to get a Demo of SSB4 on their 3DS.
Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....
I doubt that's the surprise as it was revealed before the event even started. Plus they said "surprises"
which is plural. I don't see nintendo passing up the opportunity to reveal
Something at one of the biggest events ever.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I doubt that's the surprise as it was revealed before the event even started. Plus they said "surprises"
which is plural. I don't see nintendo passing up the opportunity to reveal
Something at one of the biggest events ever.
They've passed up plenty of opportunities already. A massive Smash tournament with a live audience numbering in the thousands? No, let's show someone afterwords behind closed doors and give the news out via tweet.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
They've passed up plenty of opportunities already. A massive Smash tournament with a live audience numbering in the thousands? No, let's show someone afterwords behind closed doors and give the news out via tweet.
Besides, best-case scenario, its a MOTHER newcomer. July isn't exactly a Metroid month, ya know?

Hong

The Strongest
Whelp, that's that. Better luck next time, Ridley supporters!

D

Deleted member

Whelp, that's that. Better luck next time, Ridley supporters!
Someone give this work of art an Academy Award please.

I was so blind thinking that Ridley could actually be a playable character, I mean, what fool would think that would ever be possible? He's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay TOO BIG Am I right?

Kraid-senpai is clearly the only option for a Metroid Newcomer for Smash 4.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think that the scales are tiped into Ridley favor say, 8.543/10 it's not absolute, but is certainly promising

Edit: oh, and regarding teh fan art... nice lighting!

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
That fanart + the final hours from Majora's Mask = hype out of my mind.

I finally read some of the important ridley essays. Gotta say, you guys have swayed me to the foolish side of the debate. I've always wanted him, but ruled it out early on as "never happening." But now ya'll got me dreamin'. If the last trailer before launch is Ridley, I could just die.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That fanart + the final hours from Majora's Mask = hype out of my mind.

I finally read some of the important ridley essays. Gotta say, you guys have swayed me to the foolish side of the debate. I've always wanted him, but ruled it out early on as "never happening." But now ya'll got me dreamin'. If the last trailer before launch is Ridley, I could just die.
Welcome to the Splounge! Don't drink the water.

Now, me personally, I believe that Ridley should be the second-to-last newcomer shown, to better reflect his role in Metroid as the penultimate boss, but it's most logical that they'd release a Ridley trailer as close to launch as possible to build the most hype.

Maybe the final trailer could be Mewtwo or something, I dunno.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I know it's hard to believe, but my essay is no longer my longest post on this forum if you compare text only (had to put spoilers on the other one).

Ridley was interesting, but when I said once that I could write 10 pages on TTYD, I meant it.

Anyway, still hoping for Ridley (also, please think about linking the second post since my essay is on top of it anyway).

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So, I know it's hard to believe, but my essay is no longer my longest post on this forum if you compare text only (had to put spoilers on the other one).

Ridley was interesting, but when I said once that I could write 10 pages on TTYD, I meant it.

Anyway, still hoping for Ridley (also, please think about linking the second post since my essay is on top of it anyway).
I just noticed that your characters of choice are Mr. Game & Watch. I wonder if there's a connection...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just noticed that your characters of choice are Mr. Game & Watch. I wonder if there's a connection...
Not because of 2D, but there's an indirect one.

I just like when a character seems to be so silly to have moves that are "out of there" but in a good way. I found G&W original so that explains maining him.

Though, it will stop if we get Paper Mario that I guarantee you, but it's not just because of 2D. Though, it gives an effects to his color that I prefer to normal Mario.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
All I can say about a potential Ridley reveal in August is that we shouldn't give up hope if he still isn't revealed around that time. A lot of people thought Chrom or some other Fire Emblem newcomer would be revealed in April, and yet that didn't happen.

He could still be an unrevealed unlockable character, as anticlimactic as that sounds.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I dunno man, having been to Comic Con in the past I can tell you personally, that it's HUGE. If nintendo has any kind of panel at all I can see an announcement. It's just a feeling I have, I've seen studios announce Movies there. I can see a newcomer happening.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
all these big animated signatures and videos are really making the topic lag for me, and take forever to load. :ohwell:

anyway, i am just curious... i have seen people mention nintendo has a "big" surprise for comic-con... but their exact words were "a few surprises", wasnt it?

people misquoting it as "a big surprise" is kinda misleading, isnt it?

a few surprises, i imagine it just being some reveals for modes or veterans, maybe... if they said big surprise, then i could imagine it being more teasing about ridley.

cheetored20

Smash Rookie
I dunno man, having been to Comic Con in the past I can tell you personally, that it's HUGE. If nintendo has any kind of panel at all I can see an announcement. It's just a feeling I have, I've seen studios announce Movies there. I can see a newcomer happening.
newcomer (if you can call it that) is probably mewtwo not ridley becouse 1 its a big event 2 pokemon is an anime as well... and comicon isnt just about comics anymore.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So Dr. Wily's Castle is on the 3DS version of the game as well...

How pissed would you be if we got Pyrosphere as the 3DS Metroid stage (assuming that Ridley is a boss hazard)? I'd be preeeetty salty if that happened.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

How pissed would you be if we got Pyrosphere as the 3DS Metroid stage (assuming that Ridley is a boss hazard)? I'd be preeeetty salty if that happened.
It'd annoy me if they went with that route, not just because of Ridley, but because Metroid has four different games on the handhelds to choose from when picking out areas, they can do a lot more then just rehashing the same stage from the Wii U version.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Just when I thought we wouldn't have any worries about that kind of things....DAMN IT, I would be utterly enraged....Months have passed getting our hopes up and down to lastly stab us in the back? I would call Sakurai an incompetent with professionalism....

I just hope that doesn't happen....

Top Bottom