• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't know about you guys, but I am kind of disappointed that Gema_Yue has not touched ZSS or Samus in Classic Mode (that I know of) to see if those two unlock Ridley.

Sakurai blaming? Palutena and Shulk are not only in, but starters. But no Ridley or Dixie of course. Sakurai doesn't care about certain franchises and cares too much about his babies, the Kirby franchise and KI:U. Luckily, the series can continue when he's done. He directs amazing games but his roster and item choices are painful. Also people give him too much credit for the final product, this game has been made by a huge team, Sakurai just plans and approves everything.
So tell me, what's it like living in the future? Cause you seem very sure that you know who's in the final roster to make such claims.

Sakurai said he revived Kid Icarus so that he could put more Kid Icarus stuff in for the next Smash since the series was limited to one major game before Uprising.

He is not biased. If he was, explain why Kirby was on his own for two games before Brawl even though he's wanted King Dedede in since Smash 64?

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Will u stop making stuff up.

1. Shun_One first gets his information

Shun_One, a Brawl modder, had a friend who worked as a playtester for Nintendo of America. A few weeks before E3, Shun's friend, who, for ease of communication, we'll call Johnson, leaves his job as a playtester, but not before spending some time with the new Super Smash Bros game.

Johnson elects to share some details about the game with Shun. Knowing that Shun enjoyed Brawl texture modding, Johnson recreates some of the new palette swaps Mario and Bowser would have in the new Smash Bros game. While some of the details on these recreations proved to be incorrect, they were still very close to the final palette swaps and obviously based on legitimate information.

A few days later, Johnson decides to share some information pertaining to brand new playable characters and their movesets. He shares the following information with Shun:

- Shulk, Doctor Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr, and Duck Hunt Dog were playable characters
- Shulk had 5 modes that he could swap between
- Bowser Jr fought in his clown car, and had all seven Koopalings as alt costumes instead of color palettes- Olimar had an Alph alt costume
- Every character had 8 different costumes

Shun_One then shared this info with his friend and fellow Brawl modder Ninka-Kiwi.

The 4CHAN leak was later.

3. Ninka_Kiwi steps forward, followed by vaanrose

Ninka_Kiwi, against Shun_One's wishes, posts the information he received to a thread on Smashboards collecting and discussing various leaks. Because of his lack of proof, his claims are quickly ignored. Shun_One comes forward as the source of Ninka_Kiwi's information. User Neo Zero stands up for Shun_One when he is harassed by other users.

Shun_One contacts Neo Zero and another user, Con0rrr, via private message, and as thanks for standing up for them, he shares the Brawl mods with them.

Neo Zero and Con0rrr begin looking for ways to verify this information, and eventually discover a 4chan post, posted shortly after Ninka_Kiwi came forward, that listed:

- Duck Hunt Dog
- Bowser Jr
- Shulk
- Chorus Kids
- Ridley
- Dixie Kong
- Mewtwo

Neo Zero and Con0rrr become suspicious, as this list lines up with Ninka's information, and with their own speculation on who might be in the game.

They decide Ninka's leak merits its own thread.

Neo Zero compiles Ninka_Kiwi's information, including the not yet made public images of the confirmed Brawl mod palette swaps, the 4chan leak, and his and Con0rrr's own speculation, and puts them all together in a new post on Smashboards. The post generates a great deal of discussion, and eventually begins leaking out to other websites.

Vaanrose hears of the leak, and begins to question the information he was told again. He decides to share his information, and contacts Neo Zero, who adds his information to the post, and renames the thread "The Ninka/vaanrose leak" thread.

The thread now lists three separate sources of information:

- Ninka_Kiwi, who claims Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario are in.
- Vaanrose, who claims Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog are in.
- Anonymous 4Chan post, which claims Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Chorus Men, Ridley, Mewtwo and Dixie Kong are in.

Confusion quickly begins to spread, as this information is posted and re-posted to several other websites, lumping all the info into one single leak.

Ninka_Kiwi and vaanrose both have their names incorrectly attached to characters they never spoke about.

Nothing was said about the koopalings in the 4CHAN leak.
This leak:

Not the strongest, but certainly positive at this point.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ok people calm down. That leak talk needs to go to pm and stay out of the RIdley thread. And we all should slow down around here, at the rate the streams are going, Ridley and other secret characters aren't gonna get revealed any time soon. So lets wait a bit on the comments here, ok?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm hearing Master Core imitates characters. What is it doing here? And chances are Ridley isn't a boss in this game.
But he actually turns into said characters. That other thing isn't really like Ridley. So I wouldn't worry about that myself.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I kind of don't want to know who the other 5 are save for Ridley. It'd be cool to find out when playing the game. But, I could't wait that long to learn of Ridley's fate, and it's also fun to hang in this thread as we wait. Damn cake I can't both eat and have. :glare:

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Lolz what if Sakurai purposely locked away the last few characters (non esrb leaked ones) just so that he can have a special reveal for them and patch the unlock into the game when he announces them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Still waiting, unfortunately. I just hope there's more to the roster than what was previously leaked - most of the veterans have already been ruled out (I think the Ice Climbers and Mewtwo are the only ones who are possible at this point - Squirtle, Wolf, and Ivysaur are trophies, all assist trophies have been unlocked (so no Gray Fox or Raiden), and Ness has PK Freeze as one of his custom moves), and we haven't even seen a trophy of characters like Ridley, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, etc.

Last edited:

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman
Lolz what if Sakurai purposely locked away the last few characters (non esrb leaked ones) just so that he can have a special reveal for them and patch the unlock into the game when he announces them.
I'd love, yet hate that at the same time. It's smart because it keeps the mystery of the game, but mean because it keeps us waiting. I'd be okay with that though to be honest.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
one last character to unlock.... 80 more pages to go... we are reaching critical mass!!!!!

in all seriousness, nce is locked this thread should hang in a museum...

Exegguter

Smash Lord
There is 4 left, the leak also said 4 characters that weren't on the css leak:
Dixie, chorus, Ridley and mewtwo. This was before the final 5 thing!

I believe in this leak. Lets go ridsss

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Ha, this is silly.
I'm not sure I will use that account that much but I feel like I should at least pay my respects here, and stay with the ship before it either reaches the destination safely or explode.
Either way, the speculation for this game has been fun.
Let's hope everyone gets a happy ending.

Top Bottom