• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Well, the likelihood of that scenario seems really unlikely, but hey, we don't know what Sakurai is hiding. And as much as people claiming that would be a bs move to 3DS owners, they have to sell the Wii U version somehow. And prettier graphic isn't gonna be enough, at least for me at the moment.
The Wii U version will sale on it's own. It was the 3ds version they had to make sure had enough in it to hold it's own.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Not sure why people are worried.

I mean, if the ESRB leaker couldn't unlock Ridley, the unlock method must be rather difficult. I mean, has anyone even unlocked ROB yet?

Graizen

Smash Champion
People , if we have Koopalings Alts , its proved that Mewtwo and Ridley are in.
Remember the Leaks?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Not sure why people are worried.

I mean, if the ESRB leaker couldn't unlock Ridley, the unlock method must be rather difficult. I mean, has anyone even unlocked ROB yet?
The leaker didn't have the actual game. Just pictures from a demonstrational video for esrb to rate the game.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People , if we have Koopalings Alts , its proved that Mewtwo and Ridley are in.
Remember the Leaks?
No its not, because those were entirely separate "leaks."

Plus, based on this lineup, we'd basically either need one of two things to happen:

1.) The roster expands to 10 columns and the clones move up next to their franchises, or:

2.) We get both King K. Rool AND Dixie Kong, pushing the Metroid franchise down a row.

Those are the only ways for Ridley to be playable. The roster isn't shifting around at this point in time.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I think it's been confirmed that was added separately from the initial leak, so it isn't 100% confirmed.
The Koopalings were part of a text leak which noted Ridley directly, Shulk's moveset, Bowser Jrs moveset etc. all before the ESRB leak. The ESRB leak didn't actually include the Koopalings (it did have a Koopaling in the clown car as a trophy though, much later though).

I would say at the very least that this is promising.

R0Y

Smash Master
Sorry guys and gals, it's been an honour, but Sakurai doesn't really care about logical choices. Not salty, just stating facts. Maybe next time, especially if someone else is directing Smash.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The Koopalings were part of a text leak which noted Ridley directly, Shulk's moveset, Bowser Jrs moveset etc. all before the ESRB leak. The ESRB leak didn't actually include the Koopalings (it did have a Koopaling in the clown car as a trophy though, much later though).

Yes! Thats the leak im talking about!

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Sorry guys and gals, it's been an honour, but Sakurai doesn't really care about logical choices. Not salty, just stating facts. Maybe next time, especially if someone else is directing Smash.
Uh... what is with people changing opinions back and forth so much?

Also, Sakurai is the heart of the damn series, I fear the day it isn't him directing.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
However there was a 4chan leak that came out before the Ninka leak that had Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr along with Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie.
Right. I understand that. Im saying that the 4chan leak is seperate from the ESRB leak. The Koopalings was part of the esrb leak. So the koopalings being in does not confirm the 4 chan leak which means it does not confirm Any of those 4.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

No, again, they were separate leaks. The Ninka leak was unrelated to the 4chan leak which mentioned Ridley, it just happened to coincide with the Ninka leak.

Shame to see some people give up when we don't even have the full roster yet. :(

Again with the Sakurai blaming? Smash would not be the same without him.

See ya around I guess.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Looking at the roster, the final five thing is pretty much confirmed. Looking forward to who the other 4 are, besides Ridley, ofc.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Gemma can prova Ridley people.
Bowser is a placeholder on the Metroid series team.
Its heppening!
Bowser got knocked down the to Metroid Row?

Link?

Edit: Oh you mean in like Classic Events. True, and Pikachu is a palceholder in some Metroid events too. Considering Samus herself is a replacement for Lucina in Classic Mode events based on Fire Emblem...yeah.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Right. I understand that. Im saying that the 4chan leak is seperate from the ESRB leak. The Koopalings was part of the esrb leak. So the koopalings being in does not confirm the 4 chan leak which means it does not confirm Any of those 4.
No, the Koopalings were part of the leak that included Ridley, not the ESRB leak.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
Bowser got knocked down the to Metroid Row?

Link?

Edit: Oh you mean in like Classic Events. True, and Pikachu is a palceholder in some Metroid events too. Considering Samus herself is a replacement for Lucina in Classic Mode events based on Fire Emblem...yeah.
So wait, Samus was on the steam a replacement for Lucina and is now replaced by her?

That would indeed pretty much confirm RODLOY!

Yeah that's really odd, he's supposed to mimic other characters but be bigger right? That's a wingless Ridley if I ever saw it. Ridley may not be available right now but if that thing is some Ridleyish monster I expect him to be revealed once the Wii U version hits.
The head is completely different and none of the other Master Core forms represent other bosses.

R0Y

Smash Master
Shame to see some people give up when we don't even have the full roster yet. :(

Again with the Sakurai blaming? Smash would not be the same without him.

See ya around I guess.
Sakurai blaming? Palutena and Shulk are not only in, but starters. But no Ridley or Dixie of course. Sakurai doesn't care about certain franchises and cares too much about his babies, the Kirby franchise and KI:U. Luckily, the series can continue when he's done. He directs amazing games but his roster and item choices are painful. Also people give him too much credit for the final product, this game has been made by a huge team, Sakurai just plans and approves everything.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This kind of post going to be seen here each page, huh? Why does anyone blames Sakurai? Without him, i don't think SSB will be same. Maybe even paid DLC (or just any DLC or cheap ways of getting more money) will be added...really, i can't imagine SSB without him just like i can't imagine Megatron not voiced by Frank Welker, Mario and other "plumbers" not voiced by...that guy, Ridley not being a dragon, etc. I know that not including Ridley 2nd time (he didn't deserved to be playable before Brawl) he deserves would be a bad choice, but everything else is fine - you can even have Mario VS Sonic VS Mega Man VS Pac Man fight!
Master Core in a weird alt form...I really want to know more about it. Looks nothing like Ridley.

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
No, the Koopalings were part of the leak that included Ridley, not the ESRB leak.
Will u stop making stuff up.

1. Shun_One first gets his information

Shun_One, a Brawl modder, had a friend who worked as a playtester for Nintendo of America. A few weeks before E3, Shun's friend, who, for ease of communication, we'll call Johnson, leaves his job as a playtester, but not before spending some time with the new Super Smash Bros game.

Johnson elects to share some details about the game with Shun. Knowing that Shun enjoyed Brawl texture modding, Johnson recreates some of the new palette swaps Mario and Bowser would have in the new Smash Bros game. While some of the details on these recreations proved to be incorrect, they were still very close to the final palette swaps and obviously based on legitimate information.

A few days later, Johnson decides to share some information pertaining to brand new playable characters and their movesets. He shares the following information with Shun:

- Shulk, Doctor Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr, and Duck Hunt Dog were playable characters
- Shulk had 5 modes that he could swap between
- Bowser Jr fought in his clown car, and had all seven Koopalings as alt costumes instead of color palettes- Olimar had an Alph alt costume
- Every character had 8 different costumes

Shun_One then shared this info with his friend and fellow Brawl modder Ninka-Kiwi.

The 4CHAN leak was later.

3. Ninka_Kiwi steps forward, followed by vaanrose

Ninka_Kiwi, against Shun_One's wishes, posts the information he received to a thread on Smashboards collecting and discussing various leaks. Because of his lack of proof, his claims are quickly ignored. Shun_One comes forward as the source of Ninka_Kiwi's information. User Neo Zero stands up for Shun_One when he is harassed by other users.

Shun_One contacts Neo Zero and another user, Con0rrr, via private message, and as thanks for standing up for them, he shares the Brawl mods with them.

Neo Zero and Con0rrr begin looking for ways to verify this information, and eventually discover a 4chan post, posted shortly after Ninka_Kiwi came forward, that listed:

- Duck Hunt Dog
- Bowser Jr
- Shulk
- Chorus Kids
- Ridley
- Dixie Kong
- Mewtwo

Neo Zero and Con0rrr become suspicious, as this list lines up with Ninka's information, and with their own speculation on who might be in the game.

They decide Ninka's leak merits its own thread.

Neo Zero compiles Ninka_Kiwi's information, including the not yet made public images of the confirmed Brawl mod palette swaps, the 4chan leak, and his and Con0rrr's own speculation, and puts them all together in a new post on Smashboards. The post generates a great deal of discussion, and eventually begins leaking out to other websites.

Vaanrose hears of the leak, and begins to question the information he was told again. He decides to share his information, and contacts Neo Zero, who adds his information to the post, and renames the thread "The Ninka/vaanrose leak" thread.

The thread now lists three separate sources of information:

- Ninka_Kiwi, who claims Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario are in.
- Vaanrose, who claims Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog are in.
- Anonymous 4Chan post, which claims Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Chorus Men, Ridley, Mewtwo and Dixie Kong are in.

Confusion quickly begins to spread, as this information is posted and re-posted to several other websites, lumping all the info into one single leak.

Ninka_Kiwi and vaanrose both have their names incorrectly attached to characters they never spoke about.

Nothing was said about the koopalings in the 4CHAN leak.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
This kind of post going to be seen here each page, huh? Why does anyone blames Sakurai? Without him, i don't think SSB will be same. Maybe paid DLC (or just any DLC or cheap ways of getting more money) will be added without him...really, i can't imagine SSB without him just like i can't imagine Megatron not voiced by Frank Welker, Mario and other "plumbers" not voiced by...that guy, Ridley not being a dragon, etc.
But :drohmy: Ridley is not a dragon...

He's a Pterodactyl ! :drflip:

Top Bottom