• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Your comics (if I'm using the right wording) are the best things in this thread =P
Just thought you should know that, if you didn't already.
Andrea's comics are great; however, I have to disagree. Ridley is the best (and biggest) thing in this thread. :troll:
t_7e64d34397134cd59dc4a62d2a4b69b7.jpg

Thank you-! ^.^ But my brain tells me that they aren't the BIG deal....

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
the css has killed my hopes, ridley just does not fit

also to the ppl comp that ppl may not have internet to get the free dlc, go to mcdonalds free wifi it's a 3ds so you can get it there easily, if your sd full delete something
"Smash Bros. 3DS brought to you by McDonalds."

SD cards aren't big enough for Ridley dlc.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
the css has killed my hopes, ridley just does not fit

also to the ppl comp that ppl may not have internet to get the free dlc, go to mcdonalds free wifi it's a 3ds so you can get it there easily, if your sd full delete something
This is not the sort of thing you say to the customers who are your company's biggest source of income.

In Soviet Russia, grammar checks you. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Toledo Jones

Smash Cadet
Very long time lurker of the thread here. Seeing everyone show their sentiments got me emotional. It's amazing to think that the finish line is near for those of us supporting our favorite purple draconian space pirate! This thread has shown the most humor & creativity I've seen on not just the boards, but the internet as a whole! Here's hoping for Ridley to get RID of the haters!

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Andrea's comics are great; however, I have to disagree. Ridley is the best (and biggest) thing in this thread. :troll:
But you forget, Andrea's comics have TWO Ridleys!
View attachment 24403
Thank you-! ^.^ But my brain tells me that they aren't the BIG deal....
And forgive me if you've done this before or at least mentioned it, but why haven't you given Ridley X a cameo? I'm mainly just wondering your stance on him. Not trying to overstep into your creative freedom :yeahboi:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I still want Ridleys trailer be like this: [insert character name here] fights something HUGE. Then you see its Ridley and all are like "oh man, he's just too big, told you guys..." when suddenly the sound plays that happens when you loose the mushroom effect and Ridley shrinks to playable size. Splashscreen. Sakurai : :troll:

Last edited:

Needsmorespin

Smash Cadet
well Gentlemen in a few days it'll be the Big moment (HueHue) and we'll see if the Dream will come true
first round of beers (or whatever beverage you want) is on me :)

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
The beverage that I am overly fond of: the blood, sweat, and tears of Ridley detractors.

Think you can manage it?
I think you should ask for something else, those things will come to you naturally the second he's confirmed :troll:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
But you forget, Andrea's comics have TWO Ridleys!

And forgive me if you've done this before or at least mentioned it, but why haven't you given Ridley X a cameo? I'm mainly just wondering your stance on him. Not trying to overstep into your creative freedom :yeahboi:
:3 Oh yeah, I have been asked a few times about Ridley-X on the Rids and Roids stuff...I mean, I could try to find an excuse for the cameo, like the excuse I have for Ridley to transform back into his Omega form... and the other problem I have is that R-X looks like Ridley instead of Roidley...so, it would feel kinda strange.....visually, specially knowing that Roid's corpse was supposedly the one that got infected by the X..... >.> but maybe I could come up with something! :D I think...I could take suggestions for it too....

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Menus, Menus everywhere, I just want Sakurai to end it with one last trailer, revealing our favorite purple space dragon

Or anyone not on that leak list, but preferably Ridley

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Menus, Menus everywhere, I just want Sakurai to end it with one last trailer, revealing our favorite purple space dragon

Or anyone not on that leak list, but preferably Ridley
"...And this is what the Ridley menu looks like. We went to a lot of trouble to get it just the right shade of purple."

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker here but have finally decided to make an account just to give my support (not like you guys needed it, you're all on your way to page 2000 without my help.) I remember seeing this thread after the April Direct had crushed my spirit for the Rid-man, but a lot of posts in this thread made me see that he wasn't confirmed as a hazard at all.

Let's just hope we make through this week with the Ridley bomb being dropped. Well, unless it's the playable Ridley bomb, 'cause I'm all for that.

Anyway, cheesey introduction post out of the way, you guys rock and I'm right there with you hoping for Ridley.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
:3 Oh yeah, I have been asked a few times about Ridley-X on the Rids and Roids stuff...I mean, I could try to find an excuse for the cameo, like the excuse I have for Ridley to transform back into his Omega form... and the other problem I have is that R-X looks like Ridley instead of Roidley...so, it would feel kinda strange.....visually, specially knowing that Roid's corpse was supposedly the one that got infected by the X..... >.> but maybe I could come up with something! :D I think...I could take suggestions for it too....
Another X parasite could have copied Ridley again? Or even infected a possible extra clone the federation had laying around? But clones are kind of an easy answer i just hope Sakurai doesn't make playable ridley a clone unless it's a Jigglypuff clone

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
What do we do if he's not on the roster?
If he's not in then I'll be disappointed, then have fun with that great characters that are in.

People here really do need to put this into perspective. The two different sides of this debate seem to think the people who are wrong will chuck themselves out of a window. The fact is that's simply ridiculous, the roster is great so far and nothing can take away from that. I do believe Ridley is playable but you have to remember that he is not set in stone, he hasn't been confirmed, and if he isn't playable we still have a great game here.

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
If he's not in then I'll be disappointed, then have fun with that great characters that are in.

People here really do need to put this into perspective. The two different sides of this debate seem to think the people who are wrong will chuck themselves out of a window. The fact is that's simply ridiculous, the roster is great so far and nothing can take away from that. I do believe Ridley is playable but you have to remember that he is not set in stone, he hasn't been confirmed, and if he isn't playable we still have a great game here.
I was under the impression that most people here are still happy with the game even without Ridley. I know I am. It would just be pretty cool if Ridley could join the party. And I'm confident he will be. But personally, I'm prepared for Brawl all over again

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I was under the impression that most people here are still happy with the game even without Ridley. I know I am. It would just be pretty cool if Ridley could join the party. And I'm confident he will be. But personally, I'm prepared for Brawl all over again
I think most people are, but when you see people come on here saying things like they'll be back in a week to "drink the tears" of the opposite side, something is really up.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
My Sig says what ill do if no Ridley
That's just silly, we have 51 different characters (Counting Mii's as three) and you'll completely bail out of the 3DS version just because Ridley isn't in the game? Are you genuinely saying you're that unhappy with the roster as it is?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
That's basically the mentality I've been keeping over the past few months. I set my expectations too high for Brawl, so this time around I'm at peace with the roster we have. If we get Ridley, awesome. If not, it just means they needed to save some big characters for the next Smash title, no pun intended...ok, maybe a little. :awesome:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
I think most people are, but when you see people come on here saying things like they'll be back in a week to "drink the tears" of the opposite side, something is really up.
To be fair, I would feel pretty good knowing everyone who insulted Ridley followers were wrong. Not that I think it's necessary to run around and post "I told you so" every where.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
That's basically the mentality I've been keeping over the past few months. I set my expectations too high for Brawl, so this time around I'm at peace with the roster we have. If we get Ridley, awesome. If not, it just means they needed to save some big characters for the next Smash title, no pun intended...ok, maybe a little. :awesome:
I'm all for getting high hopes, I enjoy the speculation. The trick is to be able to admit you're wrong and focus on what you do get.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I'll enjoy and probably love the game regardless of Ridley being in or not. I'll just enjoy and love it all the more if he is. I also think he very likely in. :happysheep:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
That's just silly, we have 51 different characters (Counting Mii's as three) and you'll completely bail out of the 3DS version just because Ridley isn't in the game? Are you genuinely saying you're that unhappy with the roster as it is?
I do. This roster, but dhd, is ****ty as ****. I'll still buy it regardless but Kid Icarus vs. Nintendo fighters would be awfull without Ridles or K. Rool.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I do. This roster, but dhd, is ****ty as ****. I'll still buy it regardless but Kid Icarus vs. Nintendo fighters would be awfull without Ridles or K. Rool.
If you genuinely believe that (Kid Icarus is 6.25% of the roster) then I honestly don't think Ridley or K. Rool would save that for you.

That's exactly my problem here, people are so desperate to get one or two characters in that they'll completely write off the other 96% of the roster if they don't get the few they want.

Last edited:

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet

Yeah, sorry its true, I like Villains. I also like DHD.

I like your want list, looks just like mine.. Ridley, K. Rool. Black Shadow and DHD!

These smash games are a rare chance to play as Antagonists.. and its being wasted.

RidleyWright

Smash Rookie
Well, after months of lurking on smash boards I finally made an account. It all started in that fatefull morning the day next to that dreadful direct on April when all hope for Ridley seemed lost. Alas, as many times as all hope was killed it came back, stronger, like our beloved space pirate. *stares at the horizon in a manly fashion*

*ahem*

Anyway, hi y'all. I come to formally join the hype train on these last days. May the odds be ever in our favor.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If DHD plays like Banjo-Kazooie, it'll be awesome and depressing at the same time.

Like I've said before, if Ridley wasn't playable, I think Sakurai would've pulled him out already. I think we're beyond the point of 'reveal X before said Date' to prevent massive backlash if he's not. If Ridley were shown to be a stage boss this week...man, that'd just be crushing. But I think that we're beyond the point of heartbreaking deconfirmations at this point. Or at least I hope so.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I see nothing wrong with not being happy with this roster. It's truly underwhelming and kind of a let down considering all of the teasing Sakurai has done. I'd hate to sound so entitled, but there is just no excuse for Ridley to NOT be playable this time around. If Sakurai's excuse this time is time constraints then that is just a stupid excuse. You would think a character as highly requested as Ridley would be priority. It's not even just the fact Ridley is missing that makes this roster a let down, it's the fact that Mewtwo isn't back, no new DK rep, and FOUR unique characters were cut.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I see nothing wrong with not being happy with this roster. It's truly underwhelming and kind of a let down considering all of the teasing Sakurai has done. I'd hate to sound so entitled, but there is just no excuse for Ridley to NOT be playable this time around. If Sakurai's excuse this time is time constraints then that is just a stupid excuse. You would think a character as highly requested as Ridley would be priority. It's not even just the fact Ridley is missing that makes this roster a let down, it's the fact that Mewtwo isn't back, no new DK rep, and FOUR unique characters were cut.
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, Lucas. 6.
However, Ridley's chances to be playable are pretty high by now,
considering all the teasing and the many hints we got leaning towards the CSS Leak being incomplete.

Last edited:
Top Bottom