• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zynux

Smash Lord
The PoTDs aren't even a threat anymore (I'm confident he won't show in a PoTD).

I'm more worried about randomly unlocking his trophy. :c

Darkraid

Smash Champion
"Worst Business Decision of the Year" Award is available whenever Nintendo wants to claim it.

You do NOT alienate customers of one product to promote another product. That is STUPID. Hiding characters or making them be downloaded would piss off EVERYONE who bought the 3DS game. To the point that it might actually backfire and HURT the Wii U's sales.
Not when it is free.

D

Deleted member

xD Oh yeah, that was a really funny one, I drew that tanooki Ridley on a presentation card because I was lazy to do it on a bigger format like white sheet.....heh....then the other Mario costumes for Ridley came: Penguin Ridley, Bee Ridley, Hammer bro Ridley, Tanooki Roidley and the like...I have so much fun doing these. :3
Docter Ridley please or Docter Roidley clone of a clone

Last edited by a moderator:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
If he was revealed in a PoTD, his fate would more likely than not be that of a boss character as newcomers are not revealed through the PoTD. :troll:
Well then... maybe its a trailer for PotD.
Revealing Dark Pit and Dr. Mario fighting Boss Ridley:troll:

As for the other discussion on 3DS DLC for starting Wii U characters... it seems to me that most people who think this will happen are either fans of :wolf::lucas::popo: :roymelee::younglinkmelee::mewtwomelee:, or fans of newcomers that don't think their character will make it, and so use it as a chance to delay having to accept that X isn't playable until the Wii U version launches.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Not when it is free.
Actually, yes, even when it's free. Plenty of people don't have internet freely available to download it. They might not have space on their SD card. They might just be EXTREMELY PISSED at the fact that they were given an incomplete product to promote another system, which is exactly what it would be, and OBVIOUSLY what it would be.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well then... maybe its a trailer for PotD.
Revealing Dark Pit and Dr. Mario fighting Boss Ridley:troll:

As for the other discussion on 3DS DLC for starting Wii U characters... it seems to me that most people who think this will happen are either fans of :wolf::lucas::popo: :roymelee::younglinkmelee::mewtwomelee:, or fans of newcomers that don't think their character will make it, and so use it as a chance to delay having to accept that X isn't playable until the Wii U version launches.
Does this or does this not include Ridley fans? :troll:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Baby Ridley
Mecha Ridley
Meta Ridley
Phazon Ridley
Doctor Ridley
Mother Ridley
Paper Ridley

Everyone gets a Ridley

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Actually, yes, even when it's free. Plenty of people don't have internet freely available to download it. They might not have space on their SD card. They might just be EXTREMELY PISSED at the fact that they were given an incomplete product to promote another system, which is exactly what it would be, and OBVIOUSLY what it would be.
Well, those people could just go screw themselves lol why would people be pissed off over free content?

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, those people could just go screw themselves lol why would people be pissed off over free content?
I have a feeling that this is the answer that you are looking for.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
View attachment 24400

Roidley: "BIG BRO!"

Ridley: "What do you want NOW?!"

Roidley: "I got you a present!"

Ridley: "...A present? Why in hell would you even do that?"

Roidley: "Because today is your birthday!"

Ridley: "My birthday was WEEKS AGO, you idiot!. And it wasn't a pleasant one if you ask me...specially beucase you were around...but WHATEVER. What is this present of yours?"

Roidley: "I can't tell you that, silly! just open it!"

*box shakes violently*

Ridley: "...What the...?! it moved on its own! WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS PRESENT?!"

Roidley: "Um...I find it rolling around, it was so pretty! it can talk and it even knows your name!"

Samus (inside the box): "RIDLEY! YOU MOTHERF@#%ING PIECE OF S@#$! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL THIS TIME! I SWEAR!"

Ridley: "...You know what....on a second thought...I'm not going to opent it now...you should save it for christmas."

Roidley: Aw...why?"

Ridley: "To make it starve to dea- um...TO MAKE IT MORE SPECIAL! YES!"

Roidley: "Oooooh....OK! Anything for Big Bro! Time to hide it somewhere!"

Ridley(thinking): "Well, it seems that his stupidity was useful for ONCE..."
Your comics (if I'm using the right wording) are the best things in this thread =P
Just thought you should know that, if you didn't already.

Morbi

Scavenger
Your comics (if I'm using the right wording) are the best things in this thread =P
Just thought you should know that, if you didn't already.
Andrea's comics are great; however, I have to disagree. Ridley is the best (and biggest) thing in this thread. :troll:

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Does this or does this not include Ridley fans? :troll:
It does if they think 3DS exclusive DLC will keep Ridley a chance as a Wii U launch character. Unless Sakurai confirms this tactic this week, which I rather doubt. Post launch DLC is another matter entirely.

(This part not specifically a reply, more to everyone)
Sure no one explicitly said this tactic wouldn't happen.
But no one has ever explicitly said (to my knowledge) that you don't need both versions to unlock the hidden characters and stages. Bam. Wii U selling point (doubles as 3DS selling point to Wii U owners who didn't want both).

(No I don't think this will happen either)

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
Hey everyone!
I've been lurking this thread for a while now and finally decided to get an account.
I really hope Ridley will be revealed soon!!

I know this may sound crazy, but what if we actually had five trailers this week every day revealing all the newcomers? (I know that's far fetched, but a guy can dream :p)

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey everyone!
I've been lurking this thread for a while now and finally decided to get an account.

I know this may sound crazy, but what if we actually had five trailers this week every day revealing all the newcomers? (I know that's far fetched, but a guy can dream :p)
If Ridley was in all five trailers, I would be content with that! :troll:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'll be supprised if there isn't one last trailer reveal left. Gotta save one for just before launch to rip off the hype train's brakes. Am I right?

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone!

welcome I assume you wont drink the water since you are a robot

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'd make a joke of him being too big to fit into one trailer, but I can't really think of anything clever tbh
The trailers are for five different newcomers. Each contains fragments of Ridley. A leg in one trailer, a head in another, etcetera. Only by playing them all simultaneously, lining them up edge-to-edge, do we get the full Ridley trailer.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
The trailers are for five different newcomers. Each contains fragments of Ridley. A leg in one trailer, a head in another, etcetera. Only by playing them all simultaneously, lining them up edge-to-edge, do we get the full Ridley trailer.
Ridley, the Forbidden One

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
If you have all 5 pieces of Ridley you automatically win any Smash match :troll:

Dangit Hinata you beat me to it, ah well :laugh:

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'd like it if the Final Trailer had a 3-4 minute buildup showcasing all of the hints in each trailer that actually revealed who the final character it is.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is so big that he takes up all five of the remaining slots. Please understand.

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Sigh...as long as I can have a Dixie vs Ridley match I will be happy at the end of all of this. SAMURAI PLS

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Sigh...as long as I can have a Dixie vs Ridley match I will be happy at the end of all of this. SAMURAI PLS
You sir or ma'am have the best taste ever. If I could get Ridley and Dixie in the game I would never ask for a new character again. They are all I wanted since Melee.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I would hate to praise Ridely even further without just cause; however, as long as I could have a Ridley vs. anyone match... I would be happy at the end of all of this. :teeth:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the css has killed my hopes, ridley just does not fit

also to the ppl comp that ppl may not have internet to get the free dlc, go to mcdonalds free wifi it's a 3ds so you can get it there easily, if your sd full delete something

Top Bottom