• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
So yeah. You know that Ridley drawing I mentioned a couple days ago? No? That's ok. Decided to come back to it after all! Hopefully I can get it done before next Friday or whenever the big news starts coming, but just in case...here's what I got so far.

Hope the proportions look alright despite being so HUGE! What can I say, I was having fun with it. :chuckle:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Look at dem sexy abs! Maybe that's why people say too big...
TOO BIG

TOO BIG EVERYWHERE!

OR
BOSSES

BOSSES EVERYWHERE!
Yeah, same image twice, but whatever.
This really comes down to one thing right now, is the leak roster the /full/ roster, or is it just most characters unlocked.

Are games usually 100% beaten when reviewed by HSBR/whoever reviews these games?
It is not full roster - All-Star mode wasn't fully unlocked in it, so, there was few missing characters. Unless lock icon is somehow offensive or something, so, they decided to show it.
There's no way Sakurai would let Ridley just be casually leaked by people who have the Japanese version next weekend.
Do you guys expect a reveal trailer this week?
I expect it, but i still don't think it is very likely. Kinda 40/60.
No Proof?
EDIT: I cant show the link because it would give you the link to the developers site.
Obviously fake - it is wings from Angelglory's image while everything else is edited Brawl Ridley render. Duh.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Most, the padlock is our savior!

The reply mentioned both versions of smash before Ridley, and Ridley was the main reason for a boosted rating. Ridley is believed to be a stage boss for a Wii U exclusive stage
@ Xenorange Xenorange Who's the smart guy now?
Wait so what's going on? Ridley's a confirmed boss now? When did I ever say you weren't smart?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
No Proof?
EDIT: I cant show the link because it would give you the link to the developers site.
1. Brawley
2. Roidley wings on Brawley.
3. Brawley tail even though the tail in the Direct was evidently Roidley's.
4. Wings in Direct and picture don't match up.
5. Ridley isn't blue.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
No Proof?
Lmfao.......well at least I got a good laugh out of this post.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's pretty apparent that we're going to get the roster leaked before we get more trailers. That last minute August Direct was the ideal time for a Ridley reveal and it didn't happen, most likely because he is a hidden character.

We're all but guaranteed to know the full roster by the end of the week. There just isn't time or a point to a formal reveal of anything.

Also that picture literally looks like a poorly edited Brawl Ridley render. That's not the best thought out fake out there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lmfao.......well at least I got a good laugh out of this post.
Put that pic in spoilers, it has bad words!
I'm sorry tell me one more time,someone replied that Ridley was in the 3ds version and didn't correct someone that said he was playable?
The guy who wrote to nintendo said that Ridley was playable and feared Ridley's nature would boost the rating, the e-mail sent back said Smash bros. 3DS and Wii U, and Ridley hasn't been confirmed to have a role in the 3ds version yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
If a character like Ridley is to be playable, I have a feeling that he will either

A: Going to be the final trailer, probably released either this coming Friday, or the day Smash 3DS released in Japan.
B: Completely secret.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
If a character like Ridley is to be playable, I have a feeling that he will either

A: Going to be the final trailer, probably released either this coming Friday, or the day Smash 3DS released in Japan.
I feel like he's gonna get a trailer. Out of all the remaining possible characters, he would be the best choice for a trailer reveal.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Put that pic in spoilers, it has bad words!

The guy who wrote to nintendo said that Ridley was playable and feared Ridley's nature would boost the rating, the e-mail sent back said Smash bros. 3DS and Wii U, and Ridley hasn't been confirmed to have a role in the 3ds version yet.
Does this help or hinder?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

I just hope he's revealed alongside Mewtwo. <3 That would be perfection!

majora_787

Smash Hero
We have almost no time whatsoever for a reveal trailer before the game is out. I would bet a gratuitous amount of money that everyone will be revealed together in the big roster leak.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I don't see why a character like Ridley would be a secret without his own trailer.

I mean, the argument that he's in basically says that they're just stringing us along making everyone think he's a boss but being ambiguous about it to create speculation and hype. It doesn't make much sense for him to be quietly discovered as a secret character after the Japanese release. Surely they would want to 'cash in' on that hype right?

Basically pre-release trailer or bust.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Once upon a time, there was an adorable little blonde girl. Her mom passed away due to a giant dragon killing her in space. That little blonde girl grew up to be a wonderful bounty hunter who made it into Smash Bros. Now she waits to fight the dragon again. Soon. Very soon.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
If someone posts a fake image trying to pass it off as real just report it and move on, all replying about it does is waste the limited space we have left before the thread caps.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Oh the "leak" is obviously fake, the tail bone doesn't match up with what we saw in the direct.
Also Mr. Leaker
if this is so important that you cans how off a screenshot but can't validate it, why should we believe you?

Top Bottom