• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So, uh, how many of you aren't going to get the game if Ridley isn't playable?

Just curious. :chuckle:
I think not buying the game because of a single character not getting in is dumb. However, if you don't like any of the new characters (or very few of them) it would be fully justified.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Well I, myself, am

1. Smash Bros. fan
2. Ridley fan

So I will buy the game no matter what is Ridley's role.
I agree, Ridley's rolling animation will play no part in whether or not I purchase the game, although I would prefer it looks okay.

wow, ok calm down about the twitter pic because he`s not leaking, but he just played it.

I`m a native French speaker and when he said "testé", it literally means that he tested the game BUT not in the sense of being a tester for debug.

He's saying that he tested in the sense of just playing the game. It's like the expression you use when you're testing the quality of the game. What tells me is that he said "Ce matin" which means this morning and that he will talk more about it on a French site called "Puissance Nintendo" and said that he we talk about it later on said site.

He just got a chance to play the game and it has nothing to do with leaking.

Tough, it doesn't change that he indeed took a new picture.

But please, calm down.
Who needs calming down exactly?

The reason I thought it was a leak is because NeoGaf was getting hyped over it and were calling it a leak. I'm aware it's just someone who got to play a newer build now. So let's get back to Ridley.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I think not buying the game because of a single character not getting in is dumb. However, if you don't like any of the new characters (or very few of them) it would be fully justified.
It's never really about "How many people will NOT buy the game if Ridley isn't in?". It's about how many people will. Putting Ridley in Smash would probably at least get SOME Metroid dudes interested.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725

If Ridley is not playable, I will still buy and play the game
If Ridley and Mewtwo are not playable, I will still buy the game.
If Ridley and Mewtwo are not playable, but Snake is, I will set the seas ablaze.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If Ridley is not playable, I will still buy and play the game
If Ridley and Mewtwo are not playable, I will still buy the game.
If Ridley and Mewtwo are not playable, but Snake is, I will set the seas ablaze.
I'm pretty sure in that case, the seas will already be ablaze. The earth will be splitting asunder, and the air itself will be tearing the world apart with a violent fury.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
I will never buy the Wii U version if Ridley isnt in. However, I might still get the 3Ds version at some point. The thing just is, if Ridley isnt in Wii U, Smash 4 really has not much to offer me that I dont have in Project M already.

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I think I speak for everyone when I say we will buy the game regardless of Ridley's role
@Sagittarius @Dark Falcon @ Capt. Butt Stallion Capt. Butt Stallion @ PokéMurio PokéMurio @ Thermithral Thermithral
That's good news! I remember speaking with someone somewhere on this forum a few months ago who said he wasn't getting the game if Ridley and K. Rool weren't in, and I just don't understand that. There're going to be ~50 characters regardless of their inclusion!

Anyway, I respect everyone's commitment to Ridley even if I'm not a supporter. I'm the same way with Isaac. :p
Whether he's in or not, I can't wait to face you all. ;}

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
@Sagittarius @Dark Falcon @ Capt. Butt Stallion Capt. Butt Stallion @ PokéMurio PokéMurio @ Thermithral Thermithral
That's good news! I remember speaking with someone somewhere on this forum a few months ago who said he wasn't getting the game if Ridley and K. Rool weren't in, and I just don't understand that. There're going to be ~50 characters regardless of their inclusion!

Anyway, I respect everyone's commitment to Ridley even if I'm not a supporter. I'm the same way with Isaac. :p
I shall warn you, Anger is converted to smash power, so if Ridley doesn't make the cut, we shall be at our strongest!Anywho, To battle!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TheDarkMetaKnights Words Were Absorbed By The Darkness...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Been over this before. IF clone, THEN Donkey Kong. Never Charizard. Do we need to be reminded of Ganonchu?
What if it's a mixture, like a Donkey Kong and Charizard clone? (Where he shares a lot of Donkey Kongs ground motions/proportions, but shares some attacks, flying motions from Charizard)

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527

COME AT ME BRO AND OR SIS AS I DON'T KNOW YOUR GENDER.

(Because assumptions are for... Chumptions? Is that a word? Nah it's totally a word)

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Omg Ridley and Mewtwo in the game are worth more to me than all the newcomers combined
To be fair, I should hope anyone actually espousing this opinion is doing it because not including Ridley would be a HUGE screw-up on Sakurai's part at this point, rather than petulant spite. :facepalm:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I already know I'm planning to get this game, even if Ridley isn't playable. Nothing is changing my mind on that. There's too many character I already like.

But it would be cool if he's in. I guess he's the last major character I really wanted in.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
To be fair, I should hope anyone actually espousing this opinion is doing it because not including Ridley would be a HUGE screw-up on Sakurai's part at this point, rather than petulant spite. :facepalm:
Yep, I agree

you got problem with French?

normal lol since we are near of released that normal some people will leak some stuff
I'm canadian so I had to take it in school a lot and it sucked so I have bad memories

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I already know I'm planning to get this game, even if Ridley isn't playable. Nothing is changing my mind on that. There's too many character I already like.

But it would be cool if he's in. I guess he's the last major character I really wanted in.
Sunk cost on my part; I preordered back when ORAS was announced (yes, ORAS too), so I'm already in. If Ridley (and Mewtwo) isn't in, there will merely be a STRONGLY worded letter introduced to the composition desk.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
You know, why are Ridley haters so set on not wanting Ridley in smash? What did Ridley do to them?
Did Ridley borrow some money and never pay it back? Did Ridley make them co-sign on a loan they couldn't pay back?
:laugh:
(No, but honestly, what's their problem? :p )

Dracandros

Smash Cadet

If Ridley isn't in, that would be awful but I would still get both versions. Since Wolf is already gone outside of DLC and Mewtwo is not safe yet either, I would probably let my 3DS preorder collect dust for a while if all three didn't make it.

Losing my favorite newcomer in Melee was bad enough, and I'm already down a main now (possibly).

I wait for my dragon patiently.

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
if I didn't had bowser and meta knight In brawl , I would have bought the game.so yes even fi there 50 character there no character you like in those then I don't see the point. so if someone only like 1 character and is not in then is understandable if he don't buy the game

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
You know, why are Ridley haters so set on not wanting Ridley in smash? What did Ridley do to them?
Did Ridley borrow some money and never pay it back? Did Ridley make them co-sign on a loan they couldn't pay back?
Resentment, mostly. Pretty sure most of them have zero knowledge of Metroid and think he is, in fact, a guy, too.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597

I already bought the game... So although I want Ridley to be in the game, I won't die if he isn't.

...But it would be close. I might be hospitalized.

Also, just felt like sayin' I think it would be amusing if after all this fuss, Sakurai did something like this (Not this exactly, but something similar would make my day.)

"Hello, Sakurai here."

"This is Mewtwo, I'm sorry he was cut from Brawl. We ran out of time and we didn't expect it to cause such a fuss."
"He works quite differently from his melee counterpart, we made him a lot faster and stronger."

"His shadow ball is very different from Lucario's aura sphere as well."

"...Oh? Him? Yes, he's playable. I forget his name though."

"But back to Mewtwo..."

...But yeah, something like that.

......Or you know, he could do the other thing. Which is give Ridley the most amazingly epic trailer ever. But what's the fun in that?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
He ate their parents.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Despite Ridley being a must in terms of needing Metroid reps, that's the main reason he's needed. But personally, since I have little to no knowledge of Metroid, I really (as much as I support him), really won't cry if he doesn't make it. I'll be disappointed (especially for you guys), but I'll just hope for next time (even if that becomes even more unlikely at that point). Characters such as Sceptile, Roy, Snake, and Rayman (who are all pretty much doomed at this point :p) would be the ones that sold me Smash, period. But despite that, I still enjoyed who made it (excluding one, *cough DHD cough*). I'll get the game at some point, maybe sooner than later, but Ridley or no Ridley, I'll still get the game. After all, it's Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
My main problem with the current roster is this though, there's no real newcomers that really grab me.
Mega Man: Don't Care
Villager: Don't Care
Wii Fit Trainer: Don't Care
Rosalina and Luma: Don't Care
Little Mac: Don't Care
Greninja: My starting Pokemon in X, so that's cool
Mii Fighters: Don't Care
Palutena: Looks intersting
Pac-Man: I liked Pac-Man as a kid, but his play style in this doesn't seem to match my own
Robin: Don't Care
Lucina: Will probably use her instead of Marth
Shulk: Don't care
DHD: Don't care
Dark Pit: Don't care
Bowser Jr.: His fighting style looks interesting but again, can't really see myself using him, and don't care for his character

So really at most you can say I barley care about five of the new comers, and with Wolf being cut that's another strike against the roster. Most of the characters I am really interested in were added in previous games, and the only ones that I've really wanted in this one are Mewtwo and Ridley as I feel they're a real necessity. Those two alone justify the purchase for me, but even if they aren't in I'll still buy the games because they're Smash Bros.

Last edited:

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
Most of them are probably like : "Ridley is highly requested so I will hate him to be cool."
Some prefer him as a boss because making him playable would take from his strengths ( being big, powerful and fast)
And there are those who know nothing of him and think he is just a random, mindless monster from Metroid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom