• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I just had a thought. You know what I hate? When people say Ridley will just be a Charizard clone. I mean, they're dragons, that's it. (Hell, Charizard being a dragon is debatable at best anyway)
I should probably make a drawing once of Ridley with Charizard proportions.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I feel Ridley still does have a very good chance but the css image we saw just bugs me. Like, Mii fighters not needing to take up the random slot with how much space is there, Smash rosters being perfect rectangles filled with characters except Melee whic hwas still mostly filled, All Star mode locked, characters being organized well all times before this, it just doesn't make sense for what we saw to be final.

If it really isn't final, why didn't we see as such? Final version not sent to esrb? Sakurai planning for a possible leak? Maybe the original leaker just didn't take an image of the roster when it was fully unlocked for whatever reason? It's just kinda fishy and I'm hoping there's good reason as to why it wasn't finished. DLC characters when Wii U comes out seems unlikely to me because Sakurai stated he's not worrying/thinking about DLC until both versions are done and released, meaning such a thing isn't in the works.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I feel Ridley still does have a very good chance but the css image we saw just bugs me. Like, Mii fighters not needing to take up the random slot with how much space is there, Smash rosters being perfect rectangles filled with characters except Melee whic hwas still mostly filled, All Star mode locked, characters being organized well all times before this, it just doesn't make sense for what we saw to be final.

If it really isn't final, why didn't we see as such? Final version not sent to esrb? Sakurai planning for a possible leak? Maybe the original leaker just didn't take an image of the roster when it was fully unlocked for whatever reason? It's just kinda fishy and I'm hoping there's good reason as to why it wasn't finished. DLC characters when Wii U comes out seems unlikely to me because Sakurai stated he's not worrying/thinking about DLC until both versions are done and released, meaning such a thing isn't in the works.
Esrb doesn't need the enitire game
Only things that could boost the rating.
Ridley is not one of those things.
Move along people.

Blissfuldissona

Smash Rookie
NNID
blissfuldissona
So I saw a thread on gamefaqs where they were debating Ridley s inclusion on the basis of the character select screen leak with dhd, dp, ganondorf etc. The argument was in regard to the ordering of characters in the screen basically saying no new characters from franchises on the top 3 rows could be added without screwing up the ordering since each series (minus the clones) are grouped together With solo rep. characters on the ends. Does this argument have any validity is it just more gamefaqs bs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I saw a thread on gamefaqs where they were debating Ridley s inclusion on the basis of the character select screen leak with dhd, dp, ganondorf etc. The argument was in regard to the ordering of characters in the screen basically saying no new characters from franchises on the top 3 rows could be added without screwing up the ordering since each series (minus the clones) are grouped together With solo rep. characters on the ends. Does this argument have any validity is it just more gamefaqs bs
BS, as if Metroid has enough reps! the roster re-organized itself in Brawl

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Someday...

... That'll be Ridley in the center...
Someone should really make one of these things for Robin...

It's exactly that kind of behavior that I despise seeing in speculation communities. All these people speaking in absolutes about how something can "never" happen, and then insulting those that believe otherwise... It's disgusting, really. This, of course, is part of the reason I want to see Ridley be playable; it would be the ultimate proof that almost nothing is impossible in Smash.

By the way, why on Earth were those people so convinced that Shulk was impossible? I can understand thinking he's unlikely, but I don't think there was any (logical) reason for why he absolutely could never be in Smash.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I guess just see them as identical situations. I don't find Ridley's showing to be ambiguous and I doubt they planned it thinking it would be.

It's also weird how size scaling logic is only applied to Ridley but Metal Face? Oh no, too big.
That's the thing I'd like to bring up. It's hypocritical to say Ridley can be downscaled, but not Metal Face. People are gonna think you've got warped logic when you say that

Even if there's a tiny man inside him.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Someone should really make one of these things for Robin...

It's exactly that kind of behavior that I despise seeing in speculation communities. All these people speaking in absolutes about how something can "never" happen, and then insulting those that believe otherwise... It's disgusting, really. This, of course, is part of the reason I want to see Ridley be playable; it would be the ultimate proof that almost nothing is impossible in Smash.

By the way, why on Earth were those people so convinced that Shulk was impossible? I can understand thinking he's unlikely, but I don't think there was any (logical) reason for why he absolutely could never be in Smash.
Because those people just either didn't want Shulk or thought he was 3rd party. :p
Also, back to Ridley, playable or boss, I just can't wait to see the HD design of him.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Because Xenoblade is a pretty niche game. That doesn't make anything impossible, and nothing excuses being that rude. Then again a lot of image board communities are just toxic to begin with.

Kori

Smash Cadet
Been following this thread religiously for a couple days now, you have all brought a sliver of hope to my heart that perhaps one day I'll be able to play as my favorite Nintendo villain...that being said, I finally decided to create an account.

Seriously though this series needs more villains...
It'd be like having a Disney based Smash game with Aladin, but no Jafar, or Hercules but no Hades...

If Ridley doesn't make it, and I really hope he does, I would like to see the next installment of Smash be something along the lines of "Smash Vs."
with a heroes vs villains theme. He could finally include all those villains we've desperately needed...after all, it's more fun to play a villain :p

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's the thing I'd like to bring up. It's hypocritical to say Ridley can be downscaled, but not Metal Face. People are gonna think you've got warped logic when you say that

Yeah, I do see your point. By the end of the day, it's a spin-off game. It's NOT canon. So a shrunken, playable Metal Face could happen, and personally, I wouldn't care less if he was. I guess if it wasn't for the case that Metal Face wasn't shown to actually be huge, then I think people wouldn't spout claims against his inclusion. But your right about that, we should be more careful when we use arguments like that when that same thing could be used (and has been) against us.

Edit: There's that spoiler bug again. :glare:

Been following this thread religiously for a couple days now, you have all brought a sliver of hope to my heart that perhaps one day I'll be able to play as my favorite Nintendo villain...that being said, I finally decided to create an account.
Welcome to the thread! *Insert generic "enjoy your stay" and "don't drink the water" message coming your way*

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I don't think the issue is that "Ridley isn't too big but Metal Face is". It's just that, from what we've seen thus far, Ridley's shadow is not too big and Metal Face's does appear to be. It's nothing to do with possibility or likelihood of being playable, it's just that Sakurai seems to want Metal Face to retain his original size in this game. If Metal Face was going to be playable, I'm pretty sure he'd have no problem scaling down.

It's not a question of bias or playing favourites, it's just a simple process of decision-making on Sakurai's part.

Because Xenoblade is a pretty niche game. That doesn't make anything impossible, and nothing excuses being that rude. Then again a lot of image board communities are just toxic to begin with.
It's worth remembering that 99.9% of those comments are ironic or taking advantage of the anonymity. If they were talking to each-other with actual usernames and identities, they'd probably be a lot more civil for fear of being caught out and ridiculed.

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237

Seriously though this series needs more villains...
It'd be like having a Disney based Smash game with Aladin, but no Jafar, or Hercules but no Hades...

If Ridley doesn't make it, and I really hope he does, I would like to see the next installment of Smash be something along the lines of "Smash Vs."
with a heroes vs villains theme. He could finally include all those villains we've desperately needed...after all, it's more fun to play a villain :p
generic welcome message and dont drink the water coming your way

Top Bottom