• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
By the end of the night, someone is going to be pissed off at me. It'll either be you guys for building up so much hype and being let down, or it'll be my family for me screaming so loudly that Ridley is in so late at night. I'm hoping for the latter, though the embargo may ruin us.

anyone ask gamexplain or someone. i can't stand this anymore!
They're going to be under the embargo, too. Meaning they can't talk about what happened back there. Sadly, we seemingly won't get anything out of them yet. There's always hope, though.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I wonder how bloody and violent the coming revolt will be if it turns out that Ridley isn't playable after all.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I have no god damn clue why we're treating this Ridley hype like it's an almost certainty SO **** YEAH, RIDLEY *POTENTIALLY* GETTING RELEASED =D

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This thread is bound to get major disapointment, because you guys get overly excited for nothing, stop it before everyone starts ranting and mumbling.

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Well, it looks like we may be nearing the end of our journey. Once Ridley is confirmed, the world will explode and we will have Crashboards until launch. So, I just wanted to put this out there.

Ridley was originally not my most wanted character (that title belonged to Paper Mario), but after I joined Smashboards, and this thread in return, the purple space dragon has a place in my heart no other Nintendo character does. It's because of you guys. I've seen this thread go through thick and thin, detractors and supporters, and we've always stayed persistent. It's going to be bittersweet when Ridley is confirmed, because I won't get to see and partake in all of your crazy antics. I woke up to a Shulk confirmation, hopefully I will go to sleep with a Ridley confirmation. Godspeed, my fellow Space Pirates, and may the Ridley be with you.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
You guys always seem to find a way to pull me away from the Splounge water. Kudos to you all! LONG LOVE THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH!!!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys, why are you so hyped right now? We don't know if anything is going to happen. I mean, they probably just revealed the entire game to the press but aren't going to announce any of it due to the embargo. Stop hyping yourselves. I still believe Ridley is playable, but this is crazy. Jeez.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
This thread is bound to get major disapointment, becuase you guys get overly excited for nothing, stop it before everyone starts ranting and mumbling.
I know that may happen, and I'll have no one but myself to blame for that.

BUT IN THE POTENTIAL CASE OF IT HAPPENING, THEN IT'LL BE SO WORTHY.

So yeah. It can go either way.

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
This thread is bound to get major disapointment, becuase you guys get overly excited for nothing, stop it before everyone starts ranting and mumbling.
Oh we're waaaaay past that now. No going back. It's all or nothing. There will be meltdowns either way! Time to embrace it! :bluejump:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That's it! THAT'S IT! THIS IS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK! While I love that Shulk's now playable, the tease at the end just destroyed everything! I'M DONE BEING TEASED ABOUT RIDLEY! I'm done waiting a whole year for his confirmation, I'm done speculating about the shadow, AND I'M DONE TRYING TO DEFEND A FANBASE WHOM I'M STARTING TO BELIEVE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE IT!!!

It's over!

Sakurai dislikes the Ridley fans!

You guys dared to speculate in the gloomiest of situations, and you end up getting punished for it!

Sakurai hates this fanbase! You've all been supporting a lost cause for fifteen years!

RIDLEY IS TOO BIG, AFTER ALL!!!!!!! :mad:

My spirit is too worn out to wait any longer...I've officially lost all hope. I can't keep believing any longer. I blame Alax and @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 for luring me into ever helping you guys! I should've stopped believing him when he believed Paper Mario had a chance because of a stage.

All you can do now is pray that you're right, and that I'm wrong. As for me...I'm done supporting Ridley. You had your chance, and judging from your aggressive behavior, I don't think you've earned it yet. I wish you good luck that the bully detractors don't storm here with "I told you so" when the full roster is revealed.

*shuts my eyes tightly. I hesitate for a second, but I then jump head-first into the river of splounge water*

And thus, history repeats itself...so much for justice. :crying:
If you "WTH???" when you read this, I got what he's talking about and it's even more baseless than my tease theory on Paper Mario which I can provide why it could happen (having the name confirmed is the most solid evidence so far).

If you watch the end of shulk's trailer, you see a big shadow, but also a voice (never played xenoblade).

If you honestly just told me that this is Ridley talking...

Then I'll happily see you leave. Seriously, do you really think it was a tease for him or even related in any way?

Gosh, not only it's not, but if it would, dark pit -> would help a lot actually.

Just think about it, you're denying a very well made video (btw, I liked the jokes in it) and a 5 hours essay that you literally copy pasted in your devianart page JUST because of something that is all BUT RIDLEY????

:confused:

Just think about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING???? WHY ARE WE HYPING SO MUCH???????

I've been away for the last few hours so someone TELL ME PLEASE.

PLZ.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
We're all used to it by now. If it doesn't happen yet, so be it. However, our hype thrusters cannot be stopped.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The embargo is there for a reason: Simply so that Ridley get's built up throughout a trailer and has splash art instead of being revealed through a twitter feed.
It can take a little while to upload even a short youtube video or anything really.
We're getting Ridley, I don't care what hour. I'm staying up till 1 if we don;t get him soon.

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
How do you think we've achieved these 1700+ pages? It matters not if our hype proves true, but rather that our hype revives once more. We are the hype-phoenix of Smashboards.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING???? WHY ARE WE HYPING SO MUCH???????

I've been away for the last few hours so someone TELL ME PLEASE.

PLZ.

We're hyping because the clsoed door pax thingie was under an embargo, the news people couldn't twitter feed it like they did pac man.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
When you're on a rollercoaster, do you want it to just stay level and flat for the whole thing? Believe it or not, some people do. But we are Ridley fans. We like coasting slowly to the top... to zooooom back down, then launch back up again!

So why are we hyping over literally nothing? Iunno, it's fun ride. And it has no line. And you don't need tickets or stamps!

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
Bet that the embargo will stay on til game release. So no information for us until game release. I think Ridley will be revealed by the release of the Japanese game version of it. I hate it too, but that's what I think.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
No one knows when the embargo will be lifted, but this hype train going so fast we can't stop now!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm keeping an eye on this one. Impartial outsider here. Let's see how it turns out. Should be an interesting night.

Top Bottom