• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Again with this non-sense? The Ridley supporters are so conceited that they believe that everyone else fabricates their perspectives in favor of fiction? No. He is never going to be playable. His hit-boxes would be far too strange and it would be awkward to scale him down. I cannot comprehend what is so difficult to fathom about that.
Alright, joke or not, I feel like this has gone too far already.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Sarcasm or not, Ive seen diehard 'troid fans that do have this idea. Unsurprisingly, they are not too fond of the newer 3D games in the series either.
Well, it depends.
If we are talking Other M, let's not! Other M is a mistake on many different levels. Not all of them, but it's still unpleasant.
In case of the Prime series, I can kind of understand that. The transition of 2D to 3D means a lot of things change. Prime did it really well, but I can imagine diehards disliking the new direction they took Metroid in. You should watch Egoraptor's sequelitis on LoZ, he adresses the transition issue there.

Again with this non-sense? The Ridley supporters are so conceited that they believe that everyone else fabricates their perspectives in favor of fiction? No. He is never going to be playable. His hit-boxes would be far too strange and it would be awkward to scale him down. I cannot comprehend what is so difficult to fathom about that.
I love you.

Maybe ridley would be in if japan liked him but they only care about generic anime swords man and their waifu, I guess they just need to add tentacles to ridley.
H-how did you guess
I MEAN NOTHING nothing
Also, Little Mac was pretty much unheard of in Japan, yet he still got in.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Morbid, nobody thinks you are a detractor.

Morbi

Scavenger
i suppose so, but i think MorbidAltruism is dying inside from pretending to be a detractor
The only thing dying from the inside is Ridley's chance at a playable role. There is always Smash 5, I suppose! Good luck with that, you will need luck because logic does not favor you.

At least we're on topic again
I had almost forgotten about the Ridley thread posting off-topic to emulate their "hero" Ridley. Ridley needs the biggest thread. What are you guys going to do once he is confirmed to be too big? Cry and apologize to my lord and savior, Shokio?

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Occam's razor establishes that the perspective with the least assumptions is more likely than not, the most accurate.

However, you can have your fun. I cannot stop you for supporting a character... even if Ridley is the most illogical character to ever "grace" speculators minds.
The world is a mysterious place and lightining strikes people for no reason. I think its not impossible to assume that Sakurai could pull our legs because both of us know he has before. Also you have to assume alot that he is a boss character since he has never been revealed as anything but a nameless shadow on pyrosphere. But like I said before, we very well could all be wrong.

I think everyone on this board is having fun. Have you seen the outrageous amount of fanart and character appreciation around here? It's engrossing. Also I disagree, I think there are far more "illogical" choices. King K. Rool has not had much relavance lately yet the boards have many people fighting for his inclusion. There really hasn't been any press for mewtwo and yet people are vehemently sure that he will make a return. I would love to see them and other make it into the game (I myself would eat a shoe if Bayonetta made it into the game) but Ridley kind of just has alot going for him as being a playable character.

I hope you can at least understand why things are the way they are right now.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You'd be surprised at some of the people that have been labeled detractors before in this thread.
Holy ****, you changed your Ridley avatar?

Oh, and Ridley's too awkward to program guys. Go home.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
im dying, this guys ultimate question (i guess XD) to try and make me become a detractor is "well tell me will he feel the same to you will you be able to take him seriously at that size, in all the Metroid games Ridley is a force to be known due to sadly I have to bring this up size will you ever feel the same about him cause I sir as h*** won't."
i responded with "Yes, he'll feel the same to me. its a shame he wont for you"

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I wanted to take a visit and see what the hype in this thread was about. I personally have no bias for or against Ridley, but there are many factors that point to both ends of the spectrum.

Morbi

Scavenger
The world is a mysterious place and lightining strikes people for no reason. I think its not impossible to assume that Sakurai could pull our legs because both of us know he has before. Also you have to assume alot that he is a boss character since he has never been revealed as anything but a nameless shadow on pyrosphere. But like I said before, we very well could all be wrong.

I think everyone on this board is having fun. Have you seen the outrageous amount of fanart and character appreciation around here? It's engrossing. Also I disagree, I think there are far more "illogical" choices. King K. Rool has not had much relavance lately yet the boards have many people fighting for his inclusion. There really hasn't been any press for mewtwo and yet people are vehemently sure that he will make a return. I would love to see them and other make it into the game (I myself would eat a shoe if Bayonetta made it into the game) but Ridley kind of just has alot going for him as being a playable character.

I hope you can at least understand why things are the way they are right now.
Sakurai has proven time and time again that he is a troll. Remember Zero-Suit Samus? Another one of your precious Metroid characters?

Not only could you very well be wrong... but you are, as proven by Sakurai's own words. King K. Rool has the Kremlings in Smash Run... what does Ridley have? An ambiguous allusion that insinuates that he is a boss character; like always, just as precedence dictates?

Metroid has not had a game in about four years. The series is dead and Smash is not going to save it with a dragon that is too big. Just play as Charizard. If Ridley is in the game... it will be as a Charizard alternative costume and I will eat crow.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Since I'm bored, I'll play along with Morbid.

We already have :4charizard: for our token dragon. We don't need another.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm bored, I'll play along with Morbid.

guess we dont need any more human tokens. :mariomelee: all the way, so long :falconmelee: and :nessmelee: and :lucas: and :snake: and :luigi2: and :peach:
edit: zomg tokens

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No ****, at the time where the Kanto Mega Evolutions were revealed there was a thread on Gamefaqs that legitimately tried to convince people that Mega Charizard Y would be a better character than Ridley in every way and he'd sate all our dragon needs. Of course I couldn't do anything but agree with him, and Mega Charizard Y still has a much bigger chance than Ridley anyways.

Morbi

Scavenger
im dying, this guys ultimate question (i guess XD) to try and make me become a detractor is "well tell me will he feel the same to you will you be able to take him seriously at that size, in all the Metroid games Ridley is a force to be known due to sadly I have to bring this up size will you ever feel the same about him cause I sir as h*** won't."
i responded with "Yes, he'll feel the same to me. its a shame he wont for you"
I am glad that you can go to fairy-land and pretend that tiny Ridley is reminiscent to the Ridley that the real fans know and love. However, some of us are far too intelligent to fall for those cheap parlor tricks. Ridley was shrunk down BECAUSE he is a boss and he had to fit on the stage. Sakurai wants him to be beatable. But if he was playable, I would not be able to take Ridley seriously... especially if he was beaten by a Jigglypuff.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Sakurai has proven time and time again that he is a troll. Remember Zero-Suit Samus? Another one of your precious Metroid characters?

Not only could you very well be wrong... but you are, as proven by Sakurai's own words. King K. Rool has the Kremlings in Smash Run... what does Ridley have? An ambiguous allusion that insinuates that he is a boss character; like always, just as precedence dictates?

Metroid has not had a game in about four years. The series is dead and Smash is not going to save it with a dragon that is too big. Just play as Charizard. If Ridley is in the game... it will be as a Charizard alternative costume and I will eat crow.
2/10 too obvious. Ridley is obviously only a trophy in this game dummy.

Morbi

Scavenger
2/10 too obvious. Ridley is obviously only a trophy in this game dummy.
No. You. Are. Wrong. Sakurai. Confirmed. Ridley. As. A. Boss. Character.

If Boss characters deserve trophies, Ridley will get one; however, he will not get a trophy for classic/adventure/all-star modes because he is not playable.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice

Well yeah, I remember that. Remember how he said she wasn't playable at all and how that was a fat faced lie? I mean we can already assume that Sakurai lies to generate excitement and controversy. What else could he be lying about?

What words were they? I'm having a hard time remembering them. I honestly agree on the K Rool not being playable but that is straying from the point.

See the problem is I don't give a **** about Charizard. People are asking for Ridley because they want Ridley. It'd be like if Link were taken off the cast and then you said "Just go play as Marth" just because he is a man with a sword (which I disagree with, I think Ivysaur or samus are the closest character to link)

Also it dosn't matter that Metroid has not had a game in four years. Samus and Zero suit are in the game. Mother Brain and Dark Samus and the Metroid were brought in as assist trophies. Metroid is one of Nintendos flagship titles.

I hope you don't eat a crow if he is confirmed :(

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

This woman speaks the truth.

You say that Sakurai messes with our heads? When has he ever done that?

Morbi

Scavenger
Well yeah, I remember that. Remember how he said she wasn't playable at all and how that was a fat faced lie? I mean we can already assume that Sakurai lies to generate excitement and controversy. What else could he be lying about?

What words were they? I'm having a hard time remembering them. I honestly agree on the K Rool not being playable but that is straying from the point.

See the problem is I don't give a **** about Charizard. People are asking for Ridley because they want Ridley. It'd be like if Link were taken off the cast and then you said "Just go play as Marth" just because he is a man with a sword (which I disagree with, I think Ivysaur or samus are the closest character to link)

Also it dosn't matter that Metroid has not had a game in four years. Samus and Zero suit are in the game. Mother Brain and Dark Samus and the Metroid were brought in as assist trophies. Metroid is one of Nintendos flagship titles.

I hope you don't eat a crow if he is confirmed :(
Sakurai might be a troll, but he is not a liar. There is a difference between a blatant joke that is addressed during the Direct and a "lie" that goes on for a year. He would not do that do you guys.

"Other Boss character may appear." *Cue model of Ridley shown on screen.*

Ridley would just be a clone of Charizard though, if you want a unique and original character, you should support someone else.

Are you insinuating that Ridley would be an assist trophy? No. You are incorrect, yet again. Ridley was confirmed as a boss back in April. Sometimes I wish Sakurai would be more specific so that people do not misconstrue his words that should only be interpreted in one precise way. :facepalm:

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Morbid Stahp lol

Also is it change avatar day? Because I think 4 people did it on this thread :laugh:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Sakurai is just indifferent about Metroid. Do remember how he made both Mother Brain and Dark Samus, iconic villains within their franchise into lousy assist characters? Or what about the time he took a stage from another fighting game and implemented it in the exact same manner?

Trust me, it's a lot better to move on and go to another promising franchise, like Animal Crossing or Xenoblade.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai might be a troll, but he is not a liar. There is a difference between a blatant joke that is addressed during the Direct and a "lie" that goes on for a year. He would not do that do you guys.

"Other Boss character may appear." *Cue model of Ridley shown on screen.*

Ridley would just be a clone of Charizard though, if you want a unique and original character, you should support someone else.

Are you insinuating that Ridley would be an assist trophy? No. You are incorrect, yet again. Ridley was confirmed as a boss back in April. Sometimes I wish Sakurai would be more specific so that people do not misconstrue his words that should only be interpreted in one precise way. :facepalm:
I agree. I wish he would be more specific so that people wouldn't have to interpret such silly evidence as one thing or the other. I'm sure every poster here would want to know that he was indeed a boss character so they could move on and not worry about it any longer.

What if that video failed to show kraid coming out of the lava and attacking the level? I just ask because you make it sound like you have played on Pyrosphere before and know the boss character of that stage. Also he said "may". By that logic Sakurai could just have had that there as a place holder to keep fans holding there breath while he tries working on Ridley so that when the release date is near, he can then make the decision of whether he wants to reveal him as a boss or a character on the roster. He could also be saying that there isn't even a boss character for that stage and Ridley is in fact playable. Like you said, It's hard to tell when he isn't specific.

I'm sorry, what is the definition of a lie? When you do not tell the truth? Why can't it be both a lie and a joke?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Ridley is too big... just try and counter that; oh wait, I forgot, you can't. You are in denial. Ridley will NEVER be in Smash. He is big as ****. Sakurai even confirmed that he was impossible. Why do I even bother? Ridley was confirmed as a boss. I have all the proof and you cling to your hopes and dreams without looking at the evidence. Seriously, why am I even in this thread full of people who support a boss character. Geno is more likely. GTFO.

...Please don't scare me like that. I happen to easily lose self-esteem. ;_;

Morbi

Scavenger
The very first comment was enough for me to get annoyed and close the page. :smash:
Why? Because you do not have concrete proof?

I agree. I wish he would be more specific so that people wouldn't have to interpret such silly evidence as one thing or the other. I'm sure every poster here would want to know that he was indeed a boss character so they could move on and not worry about it any longer.

What if that video failed to show kraid coming out of the lava and attacking the level? I just ask because you make it sound like you have played on Pyrosphere before and know the boss character of that stage. Also he said "may". By that logic Sakurai could just have had that there as a place holder to keep fans holding there breath while he tries working on Ridley so that when the release date is near, he can then make the decision of whether he wants to reveal him as a boss or a character on the roster. He could also be saying that there isn't even a boss character for that stage and Ridley is in fact playable. Like you said, It's hard to tell when he isn't specific.

I'm sorry, what is the definition of a lie? When you do not tell the truth? Why can't it be both a lie and a joke?
Kraid is more likely to be playable as you just insisted. I believe that is the first thing that we agree on.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Are you a game designer? Do you design games, bro? A model does take a lot of time and effort. Time and effort not spent on Ridley because everyone already knows that he is not going to be in the game.

Utterly pretentious. Are you insinuating that anyone that does not support Ridley is a joke? I cannot believe how delusional you guys are. You just ignore my arguments. I suppose that means that I won.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ok, so the Ridley support threat has turned into a fake anti-Ridley thread. Wasting my time here.
I am not being fake. I have just seen the light. Oasis_S was wise to have abandoned this thread long ago.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ok, so the Ridley support threat has turned into a fake anti-Ridley thread. Wasting my time here.
It is not a "fake" anti-Ridley sentiment. There is a thing that we like to call opinions, I happen to have a different opinion. I apologize that I find it difficult to support a character with no evidence in their favor.

Top Bottom