• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
And the later once he's confirmed:

The ash blows black on battlefeild tonight

only claw marks can be seen

A kingdom of smash fighters

and it looks like he's the king

Ice Mountain's Melting breaking off to the sea

They said he was too big, but now they see.

Please let him in please let them see, be the dragon he always has to be, please let him in, please don't say no! Well now they know.

(Couldn't come up with anything past that...)
I don't care what shokio going to say. let the storm rage on. size never bothered me anyway.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Lovely animations as always! ans...you made his eyes smaller?
Yes. I didn`t liked his original eyes because they don`t fit Ridley. So, i made them more...um...narrow.
I watched the Direct footage again, and paid attention to Ridley's movement. Or, to be specific, the beginning of his movement.

He flies in, shifts naturally into idle state in the air... and then as he goes from idle to flying, his tail doesn't go up or anything, it "warps" from being underneath him to being directly behind him as he flies. Food for thought.
"Jiggle" physics or whatever they are called? Or it is based off his Other M flying animation. In Other M, his tail wasn`t really moving and just hanged there while he was flying.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I watched the Direct footage again, and paid attention to Ridley's movement. Or, to be specific, the beginning of his movement.

He flies in, shifts naturally into idle state in the air... and then as he goes from idle to flying, his tail doesn't go up or anything, it "warps" from being underneath him to being directly behind him as he flies. Food for thought.
If I recall, bosses in Smash are usually designed to transition smoothly from one movement to another.

Characters tend to be a little more jerky in how they move.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Sometimes I can do neat drawings
Smile.PNG

Sometimes

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

That sounds like a player character. Characters often have their weapons/held items teleport around or disappear outright depending on the action. I believe depending on some of Robin's moves, when using magic, Robin's sword is suddenly sheathed... without Robin doing the "sheath" animation. Link does the same with his shield if I recall correctly.

Even more evidence towards Playabley.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
2. SSBB Mods of Ridley.
Of Course he looks terrible. that model was INTENDED TO BE USED AS A BOSS, NOT A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. To See how Ridley would work as a playable character, an entirely different Model would need to have been designed for that purpose.
Sorry, but that is incorrect. Ridley model import hack and Charizard vertex hack that makes him look like Ridley are bad because of something else (vertex hack isn`t that bad, but his eyes and few parts have minor, but pretty distracting flaws). That model import hack uses CHARIZARD`s rig, so, its Ridley`s model stretched and warped to fit that rig.
Compare this:

To this:

So, it is not Ridley`s original model`s fault. Anyway, using MODS as an argument is like saying that i am a guy who destroyed this planet because someone said that i did - it is something only an idiot could do.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but that is incorrect. Ridley model import hack and Charizard vertex hack that makes him look like Ridley are bad because of something else (vertex hack isn`t that bad, but his eyes and few parts have minor, but pretty distracting flaws). That model import hack uses CHARIZARD`s rig, so, its Ridley`s model stretched and warped to fit that rig.
Compare this:

To this:

So, it is not Ridley`s original model`s fault. Anyway, using MODS as an argument is like saying that i am a guy who commited a mass genocide that whiped all of humans out because someone said that i did.
He was referring to a different Model, not that one

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He was referring to a different Model, not that one
This one?

If yes...it is Charizard that was edited to look like Ridley...so...he is an idiot that you should not even try to argue with because he will ignore everything...what is f***ing wrong with this world?! Why do we have peoples like that one?! Those that use such arguments and then try to tell us that this is true and we can`t argue with it while ignoring everything.

Edit: i read my previous post again and realized that it is kinda confusing...i wanted to say that Ridley`s brawl model can easily be used for a playable character.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
What Sakurai would say after deconfirming the hype three.

Along with some obligatory *laughs* of course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree with that. Those eyes in Brawl are something that Ridley never had in any of the previous games. Even in NES Metroid.
Not in the games, but in promotional artwork (also where his design came from aside from color).

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, the fat Mac trophy! C.Rainbow is something I know almost nothing about, but could easily by a better Falcon clone than Ganondork
I would be happy if we got Cpt. Rainbow as a skin or a clone (if he get in as a skin the particules have to be modified, he can't be using fire.. he have to use rainbows with all his attacks! a lot of colorfull attacks!)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Not in the games, but in promotional artwork (also where his design came from aside from color).
They still look fine in this artwork and are not that wide. Or it is just me, i dunno.

Looks like LarsINTJ visited this thread while i wasn`t here...

Found that:

That is basicly what happens in every forum. But why? Even russian guys i know don`t think Ridley is too big for that and they don`t even know what exactly SSB is (but they know Nintendo).
And that:

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Now this is the Ridley thread I know and love, and three more Ridley supporters!? That's awesome, welcome my space pirate comrades!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
There is new Ridley supporters? Then welcome to our lovely thread where we eat unicorns and tear apart rainbows while burning flowers and grass when we are bored. Don`t drink the "wateh" because...i don`t remember why...something about losing common sense and eating your own brains while saying something and ignoring everything else...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There is new Ridley supporters? Then welcome to our lovely thread where we eat unicorns and tear apart rainbows while burning flowers and grass when we are bored. Don`t drink the "wateh" because...i don`t remember why...something about losing common sense and eating your own brains while saying something and ignoring everything else...
Don't forget "getting promptly shot"
M2A571_0D9CBC41C61B4_001.gif

"....Heh...."

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
"Jiggle" physics or whatever they are called? Or it is based off his Other M flying animation. In Other M, his tail wasn`t really moving and just hanged there while he was flying.
Id pay with gold and diamonds for a Smash with Jiggle Physics :4zss:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Id pay with gold and diamonds for a Smash with Jiggle Physics :4zss:
Then you will get Kind Dedede with jiggling belly and...other parts in a pink recolor. With Big Gay Dance included. Enjoy your Brain and Eye Bleach :troll:.
Don't forget "getting promptly shot"
View attachment 19264
"....Heh...."
Oh...right...we also promptly shoot victims of that "wateh", Pichus and idiots that were poisoned by "wateh"`s gamma radiation. Thanks for...um...reminding me of that...

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Then you will get Kind Dedede with jiggling belly and...other parts in a pink recolor. With Big Gay Dance included. Enjoy your Brain and Eye Bleach :troll:.
Hmmm, that could be an inconvenience indeed. I think Im keeping my diamonds.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh...right...we also promptly shoot victims of that "wateh", Pichus and idiots that were poisoned by "wateh"`s gamma radiation. Thanks for...um...reminding me of that...
But I haven't been shot yet...

Someone in the Punishment and Torture Department needs to get their life together apparently, letting all us Splounge Water Drinkers run rampant.

GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
But I haven't been shot yet...
Look out of the window. See anything? No? Exactly. Next time, when you will see a small red dot on your face, don`t ignore it - we are always watching...but we ran out of ammo...D'OH!

Oh, and i forgot to say that jiggle-physiced, BGD-ing Kind Dedede will be voiced by Sakurai himself. And he will laugh while doing that. And count his food. While jiggling his...jiggly parts.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
As I thought, none of these screenshots confirm anything.

However, I did not realize lava actually pours through the holes in the wall.
Further emphasizing a connection to lava on this stage.

I'm guessing that either

A) The stage boss isn't Ridley, but instead a Metroid boss associated with lava, like, say, Kraid, or Vorash.
B) There is no stage boss because there's already a lot of lava hazards and it would be too hectic to have a boss
inb4 it's Crocomire.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Samus don't need no jiggle physics
no kidding... she's already practically NAKED, people.

if there was anything from other M that WAS likable... it was that one look she sported, modest clothing and short hair... that looked much more respectable on her.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
if there was anything from other M that WAS likable... it was that one look she sported, modest clothing and short hair... that looked much more respectable on her.
Ridley was likable too...for some of us...and Mother Brain...at least compared to "her" in SM...and Phantoon...Ridley he looks better than Samus...not just in Other M...at least i think so...anyone agrees? No? Then i will make my own Ridley support thread. With Ridley`s theme and Ridley plushies*.
* - That is one of the only references many peoples understand/know...

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I do not want SSB4 Ridley to be as small as many state. But I suppose analyzing the shadows is absolute proof of Ridley's stature.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He'd still make a rather unique fight, in which you have to push him of the edge instead of attacking him enough times.
Like any other playable characters in this game? Crocomire confirm- oh, wait, they actually bounce off the lava...so...he won`t die like that...or he isn`t a playable character.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
no kidding... she's already practically NAKED, people.

Which I always wanted as an alt, the adult one that is.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
He'd still make a rather unique fight, in which you have to push him of the edge instead of attacking him enough times.
Indeed, and a complete remake of his...death scene in HD. Flesh burning away and huge bones sinking into a liquid inferno. You know, for kids. :D

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Can anyone post the actual latest pictures featured on Pyrosphere here (not the links to them but the actual pictures)?

I don't think I've had a proper look at them yet.

Oh, and Ridley etc.

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
This one?

If yes...it is Charizard that was edited to look like Ridley...so...he is an idiot that you should not even try to argue with because he will ignore everything...what is f***ing wrong with this world?! Why do we have peoples like that one?! Those that use such arguments and then try to tell us that this is true and we can`t argue with it while ignoring everything.

Edit: i read my previous post again and realized that it is kinda confusing...i wanted to say that Ridley`s brawl model can easily be used for a playable character.
Haha I remember when Star Waffle made that, everyone in the brawl hacks community was so excited for it

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Can anyone post the actual latest pictures featured on Pyrosphere here (not the links to them but the actual pictures)?

I don't think I've had a proper look at them yet.

Oh, and Ridley etc.
Here...

@TitanTeaTime I know. That's why I said kind enough. because no hazardly.

also, new pyrosphere pics

Still haven't found the one where Ridley's tail/body part apparently appears, but GameXplain did a video slideshow of the new screens

Last edited:
Top Bottom