• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Holy **** he grabbed pikachu with his feet. Like in super metroid. I never saw that. Holy **** I'm in shock atm lol.

I'm so hyped for playable Ridley.
He didn't. Take a good look at Roidley's design. Those feet are made for walkin'.
EDIT: Well, unless Sakurai decided to go the re-design route.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I didn't get a bunch of responses from the Gamefaqs topic, but I have a question for you guys:
If Ridley is just a boss, how do you guys think Sakurai will deconfirm him without immediately breaking the fans' hearts?
Could he have to put him in a newcomer trailer of the characters fighting Ridley for one second?
Or could he announce a playable boss battle mode to ease off the fans?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I didn't get a bunch of responses from the Gamefaqs topic, but I have a question for you guys:
If Ridley is just a boss, how do you guys think Sakurai will deconfirm him without immediately breaking the fans' hearts?
Could he have to put him in a newcomer trailer of the characters fighting Ridley for one second?
He would have said so a long time ago.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that is seeing it? He grabs pikachu in midair with his feet. You can see pikachu struggling to get away. After he's free, Ridley is chasing him. I clearly see it for real. Just like in super metroid

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
By traveling back in time in order to not contradict his own policy on creating hype and stuff.

NatP

Smash Ace
If Ridley is just a boss, Sakurai will just make a PotD stating it very clearly "Ridley is back! And he terrorizes everyone that fights on the Pyrosphere stage! By the way, Ridley is just a boss, you cannot play as him."

Thing is, it's been almost a year since he first teased Ridley. Why would he deliberately ignore Ridley for that long, if he's just a boss?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that is seeing it? He grabs pikachu in midair with his feet. You can see pikachu struggling to get away. After he's free, Ridley is chasing him. I clearly see it for real. Just like in super metroid
But you can't! Roidley lacks suitable feet to grab anything with, not to mention that Pikachu has no shadow!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This is literally exactly what I see

But you can't! Roidley lacks suitable feet to grab anything with, not to mention that Pikachu has no shadow!
Pikachu is a vampire?

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
GameFAQs going back to pretending Ridley flew in from the background of Pyrosphere.

Blood pressure is back to dangerous levels.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
If Ridley is just a boss, Sakurai will just make a PotD stating it very clearly "Ridley is back! And he terrorizes everyone that fights on the Pyrosphere stage! By the way, Ridley is just a boss, you cannot play as him."

Thing is, it's been almost a year since he first teased Ridley. Why would he deliberately ignore Ridley for that long, if he's just a boss?
Also, even he is a boss and the model was unfinished at the time, wouldn't it have been completed by now and show us?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@Dalek_Kolt Um....could you tell me all the "worst" effects that the water has on someone?

I mean...I'm not saying that my assassination attemps against @The Soulless One are part of it (are they?)....it was his fault and only his fault...and my cousins'....

OuO JUST TELL ME!....

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
@Dalek_Kolt Um....could you tell me all the "worst" effects that the water has on someone?

I mean...I'm not saying that my assassination attemps against @The Soulless One are part of it (are they?)....it was his fault and only his fault...and my cousins'....

OuO JUST TELL ME!....
The water's worst affects is that it eats your brain and makes you become toobig(ot)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Honestly, at this point if Ridley was a boss, Sakurai should just make a POTD that specifically says "Ridley is a boss on Pryosphere" and put us out of our misery quickly, not to say he is a boss, just if he was.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
-__- still....it is hard to think on some antics and silly stuff from Roidley now.....
hmm... ideas...
Ridley's girlfreind meeting Roidley
Roidley accidently eating Ridley's pet human
Roidley wants a puppy but mean old Ridley won't let him get one
Roidley spoils the ending of LOST for Ridley. BIG mistake (pun intended)
Roidley thinks he's the originol and Ridley's the clone.
Ridley vs. Roidley in smash bros, and Roidley is a pikachu down b spammer, but still manages to beat Ridley who is a melee elitist
Ridley's reaction when Roidley is confirmed for smash bros.
Roidley becomes obscessed with shipping Ridley with people (sorry. I had to.)
Roidley cosplaying
Ridley being forced by mother brain to take Roidley out for "family time"
Roidley trying to scare Ridley and adorably failing

Hope there was something mildly interesting there.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Thing is, I even have a better question:

Thing is, it's been almost a year since he first teased Ridley. Why would he deliberately ignore Ridley for that long, if he's just a boss WHILE not ignoring the stage he's supposed to be a boss?

This is high suspicion because if it was stage related, teasing him as boss would mean ignoring both the stage AND Ridley.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice

Gotta play the devils advocate here, but has he talked about any form of Boss Fight since then?

Yellow Devil or otherwise

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

OuO JUST TELL ME!....
I have NO idea!

I mean, I got the recipe off the Plounge, though I watered it down a bit. The original recipe caused people to go into a frenzy concerning bees, butts, orgies, and fillies, or any combination thereof.

I considered swapping out the bees for Kihunters, but I ultimately decided I wasn't THAT cruel. From what I've seen, side effects include death, a loss of concept of scale (Ranging from "Kraid-sized Ridley to Playable-sized") high emotions, and rampant shipping)

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
hmm... ideas...
Ridley vs. Roidley in smash bros, and Roidley is a pikachu down b spammer, but still manages to beat Ridley who is a melee elitist
Roidley cosplaying

Who's Ridleys girlfriend? SAX?
On topic: if sakurai has to deconfirmed, just get to the point, don't yank our chains any more than he already has.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
By traveling back in time in order to not contradict his own policy on creating hype and stuff.
this...

that is the ONLY way he could do so without enraging everyone.

he has INTENTIONALLY let the hype build up for months, without even saying so much as ridley's name...

if he delivers a falcon punch to our hopes at this point... all of that hype is going to turn sour, form together into a ball of pure rage... and blow up in his face.

sakurai can not undo what he has done, if ridley is unplayable, he is gonna have to deal with the consequences of leading us on for so long.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Gotta play the devils advocate here, but has he talked about any form of Boss Fight since then?

Yellow Devil or otherwise
Sakurai himself has been silent regarding bosses since the Direct, but we did finally get to play on Wily Castle and by extention see Yellow Devil at E3

Edit: kinda :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Again, its not about Ridley, its about Pyrosphere. Pyrosphere is the issue; they'll have to talk about that, but if they aren't told any information about it, what will they say? "We weren't told what happens in Pyrosphere?!" Honestly, if that happens Ridley is basically guaranteed, but regardless, I think Ridley will be announced before that point.
Nintendo has the right to tell CoroCoro to hold off on information if they so need to. CoroCoro could just say nothing about it at all aside from "hey, this is Pyrosphere".

AndreaAC

hmm... ideas...
Roidley cosplaying

Thank you for the ideas!...even some of them sounded oddly familiar..... -u-

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Thank you for the ideas!...even some of them sounded oddly familiar..... -u-
No problem! I do this stuff for a living, so it's the only thing I can really contribute to the thread. But some of them are familiar? Have some of them already been done?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
What consequences? I want Ridley in, but if he ends up not getting in, there isn't a whole lot we can do about it.
the consequence of enraging quite a few people... consequences are not always going to lead to someone being hunted down and beaten... he has stated he does not like to create false hype and upset his fans, but he is doing EXACTLY that, over the course of, what, a year now?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
To continue the grabbing discussion, I really don't see how an air grab is all that fantasical. DK already has a unique grab mechanic where he can carry opponents around, so for Ridley to grab midair doesn't sound crazy.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I am seeing it though. I can clearly see pikachu's trying to get away.

It's makes sense in my opinion. What if it's his down b? If he's playable he will have a command grab like he has in each game. Either hands (super metroid/fusion/mp3) or feet (super metroid).

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

It's makes sense in my opinion. What if it's his down b? If he's playable he will have a command grab like he has in each game. Either hands (super metroid/fusion/mp3) or feet (super metroid).
I thought what looked like pikachu was actually Ridley's tail and foot overlapping.

AndreaAC

No problem! I do this stuff for a living, so it's the only thing I can really contribute to the thread. But some of them are familiar? Have some of them already been done?
-u- well, not that I have drawn them, but I got them from a friend of mine....

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

I have no doubts that Ridley will be able to have aerial grabs in SSB4 one way or another, but he didn't grab Pikachu. Pikachu doesn't have a shadow and Roidley does not have grabby feet. I think I know what you might be seeing, a lump with a tail, but the "tail" only looks crooked because the shadow is warped by the terrain.

Top Bottom