• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There's no guarantee anything would succeed. It's just a way to ease the pain/play the waiting game.

I will say such things should be avoided until we officially know more/everything. Would look silly making a "Ridley for DLC" campaign only for him to turn out being playable/unlockable in the final game.

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
Translating that back to English in Google Translate resulted in "The wanna Ridley, please understand as a playable characters we"
If you translate that in japanese you get : たくリドリーは、再生可能な文字たちとしてご理解ください
Translate that back to english and you get : The Taku Ridley, please be understood as a playable characters who
Repeat multiple times and you get : 再生可能な文字拓リドリーとしてご理解ください
Which translate to : Please understand as a playable characters Taku Ridley,

Close enough.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I've been thinking about making a blog as well, but so far I'm hesitating over the fact that it might either not get any attention, or it would be invaded by trolls.

If the K. Rool supporters are able to possibly succeed in getting K. Rool as a DLC character, why not Ridley?
For the trailer, make Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, and whatever other villains are announced, battling the stage hazards K.Rool and Ridley. However, they're losing, and on the verge of defeat. However, Bowser then calls out for Kamek, who flies in cackling. Bowser points and yells at both K.Rool and Ridley, Kamek then flying over them and shrinking them with his magic. Angered by being shrunk, two titles pop up saying "Ridley Soars into Battle" and "King K.Rool Krushes the Kompetition!"

Show some gameplay, show a release date, then it's over.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
For the trailer, make Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, and whatever other villains are announced, battling the stage hazards K.Rool and Ridley. However, they're losing, and on the verge of defeat. However, Bowser then calls out for Kamek, who flies in cackling. Bowser points and yells at both K.Rool and Ridley, Kamek then flying over them and shrinking them with his magic. Angered by being shrunk, two titles pop up saying "Ridley Soars into Battle" and "King K.Rool Krushes the Kompetition!"

Holy **** that's genius.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
If you translate that in japanese you get : たくリドリーは、再生可能な文字たちとしてご理解ください
Translate that back to english and you get : The Taku Ridley, please be understood as a playable characters who
Repeat multiple times and you get : 再生可能な文字拓リドリーとしてご理解ください
Which translate to : Please understand as a playable characters Taku Ridley,

Close enough.

It's Google translate. Just take a sentence written by someone who's fluent in the language and it will still give you something that wouldn't make sense in English.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

I will say such things should be avoided until we officially know more/everything. Would look silly making a "Ridley for DLC" campaign only for him to turn out being playable/unlockable in the final game.
While having a "Ridley for DLC" campaign could still end badly, I don't see why people shouldn't do it based on it being silly. It would surely be more affective to let Sakurai know sooner rather then later that Ridley is popular.

Even if he does end up playable in the final game, well, those people may be silly, but at least they still have Ridley playable and didn't risk any chances.

Now, I'm not entirely saying people should immediately start making a campaign, but I don't see why being silly would be the problem. :/

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I've been thinking about making a blog as well, but so far I'm hesitating over the fact that it might either not get any attention, or it would be invaded by trolls.

If the K. Rool supporters are able to possibly succeed in getting K. Rool as a DLC character, why not Ridley?
I guess we'll have to see what's in store for K. Rool. If he gets a nonplayable role though and an Alfonzo could happen for him, no reason the same couldn't hold true for Ridley.

While having a "Ridley for DLC" campaign could still end badly, I don't see why people shouldn't do it based on it being silly. It would surely be more affective to let Sakurai know sooner rather then later that Ridley is popular.

Even if he does end up playable in the final game, well, those people may be silly, but at least they still have Ridley playable and didn't risk any chances.

Now, I'm not entirely saying people should immediately start making a campaign, but I don't see why being silly would be the problem. :/
Exactly. Looking silly for a few minutes is a risk I'm willing to take anyway, just as Scoliosis would for Snake, etc. There's nothing to really lose here.

Am just doing it mainly to continue fighting the good fight though, not to ease some pain/butthurt or because Ridley as DLC is something I think will happen.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

*points to my signature*

Ridley approves

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Your Pitou avatar gave me higher hopes for you.
Pitou is supposed to defend the king, anything that poses a threat to the king must be eliminated. Given ridely's too bigness, he would be a threat.

I need to destroy him and his army of supporters, which itself is too big.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because we are in denial and are delusional.
If you want to put it that way. Most people think Sakurai was trolling and believe that, based on the way Ridley moved and the fact that Ridley himself was never once named that it actually points to Ridley being playable. Plus the shadow of Ridley looks really small compared to his normal size. Even if you argue his shadow is distorted, he's extremely small compared to normal (and even then, Bowser's shadow in the air is quite big; the shadows only look heavily distorted when the character is standing on the ground).

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If you want to put it that way. Most people think Sakurai was trolling and believe that, based on the way Ridley moved and the fact that Ridley himself was never once named that it actually points to Ridley being playable. Plus the shadow of Ridley looks really small compared to his normal size. Even if you argue his shadow is distorted, he's extremely small compared to normal (and even then, Bowser's shadow in the air is quite big; the shadows only look heavily distorted when the character is standing on the ground).
I'm joking, I'm joking. Have you not seen me post on this thread before?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Pitou is supposed to defend the king, anything that poses a threat to the king must be eliminated. Given ridely's too bigness, he would be a threat.

Well, so much for having an opinion.

ALTERNATE RESPONSE: Away with you! Us Space Pirates don't tolerate your kind here! Begone before you're promptly shot!

Morbi

Scavenger
109 times by the 5:33 mark, then I got bored.

Ridley is basically deconfirmed anyway. Why is this thread still going?
That is the inherent problem, if he is only "basically" deconfirmed, the thread will still thrive as he was not deconfirmed. Once an objective deconfirmation happens, the thread will cease to "go."

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Who can they reveal for the final direct (assuming its only 1 more character and theirs no other reveals at events like the one tomorrow)

The 3 left from the leak whom all seem like prime secret characters, a final 3rd party character (snake or Simon Belmont?) A hype character like mew two (who im positive will be a secret character) Or ridley or someone else?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
109 times by the 5:33 mark, then I got bored.

Ridley is basically deconfirmed anyway. Why is this thread still going?
I think you might need to learn the difference between "de-confirmation (of playable status)" / "confirmation (of non-playable status)" and "teasing". "De-confirmation" implies that Sakurai has already named and shown the character, as well as confirming their non-playable role. Between August 2013 and present day, I have not seen this with Ridley, all I have seen is some teasing via PotDs and footage of a close up of a shadow with him just floating, and then moving forward very, VERY slowly on a stage (and not attacking like a boss should, Ridley is always constantly attacking in Metroid games, why isn't he doing that here?). He has not been named or actually shown, and it was implied that he was a boss character for a stage. Therefore, Ridley has not quite been "de-confirmed" like you and other detractors think. Honestly, detractors really need to stop taking everything that Sakurai said in the Direct (and at any time) with face value, especially given his record in the past of teasing and trolling...

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Who can they reveal for the final direct (assuming its only 1 more character and theirs no other reveals at events like the one tomorrow)

The 3 left from the leak whom all seem like prime secret characters, a final 3rd party character (snake or Simon Belmont?) A hype character like mew two (who im positive will be a secret character) Or ridley or someone else?
Villains. Just so they can juice out the last bit of hype from the hype-fruit that grows on the villain tree.

Morbi

Scavenger

I am sure that Ridley is going to be the character in the "final direct," assuming there is only one more reveal.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Shulk, along Mewtwo and Roy. :awesome:

And more Ridley teasing.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think you might need to learn the difference between "de-confirmation (of playable status)" / "confirmation (of non-playable status)" and "teasing". "De-confirmation" implies that Sakurai has already named and shown the character, as well as confirming their non-playable role. Between August 2013 and present day, I have not seen this with Ridley, all I have seen is some teasing via PotDs and footage of a close up of a shadow with him just floating, and then moving forward very, VERY slowly on a stage (and not attacking like a boss should, Ridley is always constantly attacking in Metroid games, why isn't he doing that here?). He has not been named or actually shown, and it was implied that he was a boss character for a stage. Therefore, Ridley has not quite been "de-confirmed" like you and other detractors think. Honestly, detractors really need to stop taking everything that Sakurai said in the Direct (and at any time) with face value, especially given his record in the past of teasing and trolling...
That is incorrect, a deconfirmation does not imply that the character was named and shown, it merely implies the latter aspect of your statement (a confirmation of their non-playable role).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
-u- Glad that I can hear the phrase "Get promptly shot" knowing that @ BaganSmashBros is here to help with it!
Help? How?...explain it please...im kinda confused...and i already wasted ammo on youtube...
And it is taken from one of the Metroid Prime logs...just if someone doesn`t knows...sounds pretty funny.

If only 1 more, then either Ridley, Mewto or K.Rool. Maybe someone else. I hope it is Ridley and that we won`t get 4th 3rd party character because we already have iconic 3rd party characters (Mega Man, Sonic, Pac Man) and other will feel unnecesary.
and f**ck those leaks, unnoficial information gives nothing

What just happened to this thread few pages ago?!

ppbto

Smash Journeyman

Given that both Pitou and the King are dead.
I don't think they stand a chance against a superior species "the Space Pirates".

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, sometimes I wish I had a dollar for every time a single person somewhere whines about Ridley or people who like Ridley. I'd never have to work a single day of my life.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You know, sometimes I wish I had a dollar for every time a single person somewhere whines about Ridley or people who like Ridley. I'd never have to work a single day of my life.
And i wish i had a dollar for EVERY character request from EVERY single person.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Help? How?...explain it please...im kinda confused...and i already wasted ammo on youtube...
And it is taken from one of the Metroid Prime logs...just if someone doesn`t knows...sounds pretty funny.
xD Don't worry! I just said it because you are the one who made it a thing on this thread!

M2A571_0D9CBC41C61B4_001.gif

"And yes....it does!"

Top Bottom