• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Guys...

What if there was not any boss on Pyrosphere ? Since having Ridley's shadow on pyrosphere is not enough to prove us he is a boss, well, Pyrosphere may not even have a big monster on it. We see no monsters, no stage hazards, nothing on it even though we have plenty of pics. What if there was nothing to show and Sakurai trolled us ? :yeahboi:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Game Director
Maybe He'll just be the entire roster. Mario will be Ridley with a mario hat, pikachu will be yellow Ridley with a lightning bolt tail, Link will be Ridley with a sword etc. Also the only stage will be "Ridley's back", and the boss of classic mode is Ridley.

Super Smash Ridley!

D

Deleted member

Every time I leave, this thread goes insane...
Also, I found someone who said the reason Bowser is playable is because Sakurai wanted his classic look(from SMB, if it's what classic means) and the same happened to Mega Man and Pac-Man, however, Ridley's classic look is way too big and uless he has a classic playable size look he can't be playable

I'm done
EDIT: Found this, I have hope on IGN users now

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
The sad thing is if worst comes to shove, I can see detractors reasoning "Even with a reasonable size, he still isn't fitting as playable" for future games.
If Ridley had been playable in Melee, they would be supportive for his inclusion 100%. A lot of people really don't know if something "works" until they see it, even if facts state it can work. That's just human stupidity.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Welp, looks like I found the best Ridley "hat" for Kirby on Pixiv...

a-kirby-hat.jpg

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Nintendo, bring your SSB4 demos to the UK and Europe *shakes fist*

After he's playable in smash 4 I wonder how he'll be more important next time. What's more important than a playable character?
The thing that's more important than a playable character (newcomer) is a playable character (veteran), that's what Ridley needs to be =P

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I like how this thread got locked before because it was too big.

As Shokio would say, this thread is big as ****.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If Ridley will become Game Director of Sm5sh after becoming a playable character in Sm4sh, then that game will get an M/16+/18+ rating for extreme violence...

Cameo>Cameo & Trophy>Boss>Playable Character>Veteran>Game Director>President>God>Omnipotent being (?)>..?!
Am i right? Is there anything beyond that?

Now there is a serious question to everyone - how high are Ridley`s chances right now (in %)?

...Oh, someone used my Ridley Approves/Thumbs up image!

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME WHAT THIS "LOCKED THREAD" THING IS ?!
please ...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME WHAT THIS "LOCKED THREAD" THING IS ?!
please ...
1 post before page 1000th, one of the mods (IsmaR i guess) locked this thread to prevent it from...um...overloading...bugging...i don`t know what. Then they unlocked it after realizing that it actually happens after page 2000th.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
1 post before page 1000th, one of the mods (IsmaR i guess) locked this thread to prevent it from...um...overloading...bugging...i don`t know what. Then they unlocked it after realizing that it actually happens after page 2000th.
ok ... for a second I thought someone was going to lock this thread soon ...

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

See the ?????? box? Could that be Ridley, or more likely Shulk? Probably the latter, but it's nice to hope.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
It could be Random box. And if it isn`t, then i hope it is Ridley and not someone else.
I hope so too but ... it is a JAPANESE event ... if we are really going to get a character then it will be a Japanese favourite like Shulk (or a veteran)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Considering it's a Japanese magazine I doubt it's Ridley. Probably one of the final 3 from Gematsu, they all appeal to the Japanese audience.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
There is an event involving SSB4 this week end in Japan. A rumor stated that Shulk would be revealed in an event that would be announced soon...
Not Ridley 100% sure.

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I got a feeling that it's probably a veteran or one of the last three from the gematsu leak, maybe even Shulk. Ridley wouldn't fit for this, but believe me, I'd love to be wrong :p

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
There is an event involving SSB4 this week end in Japan. A rumor stated that Shulk would be revealed in an event that would be announced soon...
Not Ridley 100% sure.
You are never 100% sure of anything, especially with Sakurai.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Ridley's shadow has been a long-standing Metroid tradition.

That's something to throw on the hindsight pile when he's confirmed.

You are never 100% sure of anything, especially with Sakurai.
You know what? I honestly consider it a legitimate possibility for Sakurai to announce the West's most wanted Newcomer at a Japan-only non-streamed event. To make it "fair" after Pac-Man was quietly announced at E3.

But I'm 98% sure it's Shulk if there IS a newcomer.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I thought that even will be like one we had in June (Sm4sh WiiU demo) and not something like Nintendo Direct/E3/whatever other even like that...and i really hope it IS just a demo test for japan.

Why does anyone believes in those leaks or even trusts them?!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It could be Random box. And if it isn`t, then i hope it is Ridley and not someone else.
I doubt they'd make a big deal out of the Random box in a magazine, it seems to be a big deal considering it has that white exclamation text under it. Plus, I'm fairly certain the Random box isn't just called "??????" in Japan.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Sakurai's character announcement times make little to no sense, so this likely could be Ridley.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I doubt they'd make a big deal out of the Random box in a magazine, it seems to be a big deal considering it has that white exclamation text under it. Plus, I'm fairly certain the Random box isn't just called "??????" in Japan.
What exactly is going on? When might we get a new character?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still seriously don't think they're getting character reveal at their demo. It's not like we got a special newcomer reveal at Smash-Fest.

Top Bottom