• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I seriously love how Ridley is basically Megaman, or a comic book character, and has like a bunch of different incarnations and designs. (GUYS I NEED A RIDLEY COMIC BOOK NOW).
Doing a comic about Ridley has been one of my many dream projects with Ridley...I hope someday be able to do it.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
Screw it, while I'm at it I may as well make my own Ridley dream move-set.

Neutral B: Fireballs

They can either be shot in quick succession (with very little effect) such as Fox's laser gun. Or can be charged up to deal a heap of devistating damage, such as Samus' arm cannon.

Side B: Tail Slide

This thing:

Down B: Wing Shield

Pretty self explanatory. He surrounds himself in his wings, creating a kind of shield that deflects enemy projectiles. If he successfully deflects a projectile, his wings fly open to launch the projectile back at whoever shot it, hurdling at them at twice the speed it was shot.
This attack also deals minor damage (even if it doesn't successfully block an attack/projectile), as the spikes protruding from the tip of his wings will slash any opponents that get too close when he unwraps them from around his body.

Up B: Flying

Do I really need to say more than that? Well, perhaps I could...
Ya see, it could work in one of three ways:
1 - Fly in an upwards-spiral movement (Charizard's Up B in Brawl)
2 - Slashing upwards in an arc-shape, then gliding forward (Meta Knight's Up B)
3 - Giving one massive flap of his wings to thrust himself upward (Kinda like Pit's new Up B for Smash 4, but with less god magic)

(In addition to all this, he can also flap his wings about 4-5 times while in midair, such as Meta Knight and Pit did in Brawl.)

Final Smash: Space Pirate Squadron

As I said before, he could have about 2 Melee Space Pirates, who run around the ground slashing up the other fighters with their wrist-swords. And 2 Jet Pack Pirates that fly around firing a variety of different shots at the fighters down below.

Overall, Ridley has some real potential to have an awesome moveset for Smash, (as this thread has already proven :b:). I'll be pretty gutted if he doesn't make it into this one, but hey, there's always next Smash... Right guys? RIGHT?!?! :(

Last edited:

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Guys I made Ridley moveset too!

Neutral B: Molten Fireball. Ridley can spit out a molten Fireball in one of eight directions. Molten FIreball moves relatively slowly but is very large and damaging.

Side B: Crash Spiker. Ridley launches his tail spike at the enemy, and if it latches it deals initial damage and later explodes. The spike can be transferred to an enemy player by contact, including Ridley.

Down B: Phazon Shield. Four globs of Phazon rotate around Ridley as a protective shield. Enemies who come in contact with the shield take damage. Ridley can either launch the shield as a projectile to damage a far away enemy, or let the Phazon absorb projectiles for him. Each attack on the shield removes one glob, regardless of strength.

Up B: Space Pirate. Ridley footstools on the head of one of his Space Pirate lackies for a massive increase in verticality, and can glide after it. The falling Space Pirate can damage enemies, or can be used as a spring by the enemy if Space Pirate is used on the ground

Final Smash: Ridley Legends. Ridley uses Phazon to power up one of his Fireballs, which moves slowly before becoming a large black hole that sucks in any enemy nearby. Once inside, Ridley summons 4 different incarnations of him (NES, Other M, Meta, and a completed Ridley-Bot) and they all stand in a line. They each charge massive lava streams in their mouths then fire, dealing massive damage and knockback to those originally caught in the Blackhole.

Isn't it just perfect for the fridge!
Perfect.
It's more unique than Ganon's moveset!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman

Confirmed.
YES......After Ridley Gets in, I'd Want Anthony. He needs to be in more Games. It's a crime that he's only in Other M!

disclaimer: I loved Other M. there, I said it. my first Metroid was Zero Mission, by the way. sure, the story for Other M is a little choppy, but in my opinion, Other M has some really awesome gameplay. It also has my favorite Ridley Battle in the entire series (I haven't Played MP3, mind you, so my opinion may be skewed)

majora_787

Smash Hero
YES......After Ridley Gets in, I'd Want Anthony. He needs to be in more Games. It's a crime that he's only in Other M!

disclaimer: I loved Other M. there, I said it. my first Metroid was Zero Mission, by the way. sure, the story for Other M is a little choppy, but in my opinion, Other M has some really awesome gameplay. It also has my favorite Ridley Battle in the entire series (I haven't Played MP3, mind you, so my opinion may be skewed)
Here's a helmet. Duck behind something and don't come out until I tell you it's safe.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So how would you all feel if Ridley was revealed to be an adventure mode boss in the 3DS version, but then after you defeat him he's unlocked as a playable character?

(This is assuming that there's no adventure mode in the Wii U version).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So how would you all feel if Ridley was revealed to be an adventure mode boss in the 3DS version, but then after you defeat him he's unlocked as a playable character?

(This is assuming that there's no adventure mode in the Wii U version).
What Ridley are we talking here
super metroid

roidley

robotly

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Lets think of some "original" final smashes.
-Ridley's Army
-Giga Ridley
-Super Ridley
-Ridleymaster
-Ridley Finale
-Cook Ridley
-Tri-Ridley Slash
-Ridley Legends
-Rii Fit
And my favorite...
-Purple Hole and Too Big Lazer

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
After all of those movelists, i want to make my own and, being a MUGEN characters creator, i doubt i will fail.

Could also be used for Miiverse as a whole.
Now find same poster, but with Ridley, Samus and "Ridley, Ridley Everywhere".

-Ridley's Army
-Giga Ridley
-Super Ridley
-Ridleymaster
-Ridley Finale
-Cook Ridley
-Tri-Ridley Slash
-Ridley Legends
-Rii Fit
And my favorite...
How about "IMMA FININ' MAH LAZER!!!"?

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What Ridley are we talking here
super metroid

roidley

robotly
Good question. I'm guessing "Roidley" because Metroid representation in this series seems to be leaning primarily towards Other M.

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
I didn't realise how quickly this thread was going until I posted in it.
*drink water*
Welcome, welcome! I really like your avatar, Sentry's pretty cool.

Oh, and don't drink the water. Apparently it's bad.
Oops. Too LatE... I hOpE nOtHiNg BAd hAPpeNS TO ME.
And thank you. Sentry, Clunk and Gnabot best Nauts.

Ridley's final smash has to be Ridley-Man. Can you imagine it ?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Good question. I'm guessing "Roidley" because Metroid representation in this series seems to be leaning primarily towards Other M.
I'd be pretty happy. I think the best possible outcome for me at the moment is Roidley being a boss on pyrosphere, with brawl/melee Ridley being playable, but I certainly wouldn't be mad at playable Roidley. Or at Pyrosphere being a neutral stage, xD.

D

Deleted member

After all of those movelists, i want to make my own and, being a MUGEN characters creator, i doubt i will fail.

Now find same poster, but with Ridley, Samus and "Ridley, Ridley Everywhere".

How about "IMMA FININ' MAH LAZER!!!"?
Go right ahead, but I warn you now, come prepared to be assailed and respond to part of my Text-Wall Army.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Jeez I feel like Morbid liking a whole bunch of stuff, I know this is a few pages back but my reaction to Ridley being playable would be this

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So think we can all agree that if we got a BIG Villains Trailer, then we'd want it to be this:

Genexican

Smash Cadet
-Ridley's Army
-Giga Ridley
-Super Ridley
-Ridleymaster
-Ridley Finale
-Cook Ridley
-Tri-Ridley Slash
-Ridley Legends
-Rii Fit
And my favorite...
Is it bad that I actually believe Sakurai would consider "Ridleymaster" as a potential final smash? Because it wouldn't surprise me.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's time for another Palutena helping Ridley post!

So previously I've pointed out the notion that both Palutena and Ridley have gotten the most teasing from Sakurai, but then I realized a couple of things. Metroid and Kid Icarus are sister series, plus Ridley and Palutena are the secondary characters of their respective franchises. Couple that with my following reveal theory, and the resemblances between the goddess and dragon in terms of how they're being handled in Smash are staggering.
What makes Metroid and KI "sister series" now? It was my understanding that they were only considered 'siblings' during the NES days because of the gameplay similarities they had at the time or something... I dunno, it's been quite awhile since I've heard the two series be referred to each other as such now.

Maybe they could become sister series again by Sakurai doing an Uprising-style Metroid, which would probably be cool. lol

D

Deleted member

What makes Metroid and KI "sister series" now? It was my understanding that they were only considered 'siblings' during the NES days because of the gameplay similarities they had at the time or something... I dunno, it's been quite awhile since I've heard the two series be referred to each other as such now.

Maybe they could become sister series again by Sakurai doing an Uprising-style Metroid, which would probably be cool. lol
You would have to play as Ridley for the Air-Battles

Morbi

Scavenger

If they were sibling series prior, during the NES era; that is something that will never change. You cannot change your family. :)

I just interpret the two as siblings regarding Smash because Palutena was teased just about as much as Ridley. #ArbitraryLogic

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
His Final Smash HAS to have at least a small nudge to the whole "Too Big" things even if it is in the trophy description.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Well, Sakamoto made many decisions that helped influenced the design for Kid Icarus when he and the Metroid team joined in after that game was finished. They're both Metroidvania games that have Metroids as an enemy (which are called Komaytos in Kid Icarus), and have experienced a revival at some point.

And no thank you to Sakurai doing a Metroid game. He would probably make Zero Suit Samus into some pivotal game mechanic while relegating Ridley to being a run-of-the-mill boss.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
View attachment 16999
Those are the sketches on paper....the first one being just in B/W and the other with brighter colors...his "normal" form and the other his "soul stealer/grim reaper" form...his is based from a character from a mexican tradition (day of the dead)...called "el catrin" which is a well dressed person and elegant (it literally means "dandy").

IF SOMEONE DARES TO USE MY SKETCHES/DRAWINGS AGAIN, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN...or at least tell you that you can't use it, IT IS MY WORK.
Well, if someone needs me I'll be going away for a while, no specific reason to it, just YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!!!

*gets on a spaceship and flies to the nearest galaxy*

Top Bottom