• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
That's the point.
I said the colors were what's important, not the design.
The blue design could either have the dark blue of Neo Ridley, or the lighter blue of Omega Ridley.
But the designs could be used as separate outfits but that would take a lot of work.

Also, i am curious to see how they bring back ridley if there is a game after Fusion. Because after Prime 3, he had to survive the Phazon leaving his body, and then he escaped and comes back as his organic form for Super Metroid.
So if that can happen, despite the planet exploding, he should be able to come back for another game.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
Colors are easy. Note, I mean these in color, not design.

Green Team:
Ridley isn't really green in Zero Mission aside from that artwork.

It would be more like this.

So he could have a different green color. And if there are alternate costumes, he could have Meta Ridley.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Don't even care about this game one bit unless Ridley is in it. (What a crime that he wasn't in before...)

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Don't even care about this game one bit unless Ridley is in it. (What a crime that he wasn't in before...)
Ridley and Dark Samus are the only two i really care if they get in, i support other characters getting in, but i would be fine without them.
And you are right it is long overdue.
When i saw him in the Melee opening i thought he would be in. And then when he wasn't and i got Brawl i thought that he had to be in this time. But he was just a boss. And not exactly a difficult one either.
I like the moveset Oasis has at the beginning, except i think the Reflector and Fly/Unfly would be different. Maybe something like King DeDeDe's Up Special, he goes up and then slams down. And then for the down special he could have his tail grind. Otherwise it was good.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oasis, this may piss you off, but we have a non-believer in our hands. I've told him about the whole size comparisions and he is not fully convinced. I guess he wasn't Strong enough. :smirk:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...16793132.45413.146093455484282&type=1&theater
Is "he was a boss" really being treated as a valid reason for him to not be playable? I swear, there are some people who go to really insane lengths to "prove" that there will not be ANY new characters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do you dare question the Ridley cult, Tri? Master Ridley won't be pleased...

But in all seriousness, there are many choices on there that Ridley should be in over...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The guy has Mr. Peepers and Toon Zelda on his roster. Nuff said.

Also, "non-believer?" Since when did this thread become a cult?
You must be new.

I'd prefer to think of it as a Space pirate crew anyway.

D

Deleted member

The roster does have Ridley on the roster.

And the 60 slot roster isn't too bad. Some weak choices here and there (like Toon Zelda), but when you have a roster that exceed anything Sakurai is realistically going to do (and this is an extended roster, not an exact prediction), there's bound to be some weak choices.

He could have done much worse with it. Much, much worse.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The roster does have Ridley on the roster.

And the 60 slot roster isn't too bad. Some weak choices here and there (like Toon Zelda), but when you have a roster that exceed anything Sakurai is realistically going to do (and this is an extended roster, not an exact prediction), there's bound to be some weak choices.

He could have done much worse with it. Much, much worse.
I was actually taking about the guy who said that Ridley was "too big" and "think he'd be a Cahrizard clone" in the roster's comments.

I've edited the original post to resolve the confusion and show our fellow Space Pirates where the "non-believer" was.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oasis, this may piss you off, but we have a non-believer in our hands. I've told him about the whole size comparisions and he is not fully convinced. I guess he wasn't Strong enough. :smirk: (Look at the comments)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...16793132.45413.146093455484282&type=1&theater
lol, Facebook is one of the last places I'd argue with someone on a subject like that.

Is "he was a boss" really being treated as a valid reason for him to not be playable? I swear, there are some people who go to really insane lengths to "prove" that there will not be ANY new characters.
That's a pretty common thing Ridley naysayers have said after his placement in Brawl actually, not that it's unheard of for someone who was a boss in one fighter to become playable in the next sequel or so down the line.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's a pretty common thing Ridley naysayers have said after his placement in Brawl actually, not that it's unheard of for someone who was a boss in one fighter to become playable in the next sequel or so down the line.
Thisx100. Just like how Charizard became playable after being a Pokeball Pokemon for 2 games.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace

It was a cult before Brawl was released. Just look at the "War of the Clubs", circa. 2007-2008.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104368

read the last few pages. they are hilarious. (note, I made this loooong before PT was announced. fanboy to the core)
Wow. i wasn't on the site pre-Brawl, so I don't know much about common debates about potential characters. It's a really interesting read for me. Nice to know that there were stupid character-haters even back then.

Seems like so long ago...

D

Deleted member

It's really surprising how much drama there was during pre-Brawl.

People say that the SSB4 Smashboards is terrible, but this was far worse. Fortunately, thanks to much better modding (though single-handedly Mario_and_Sonic_Guy), we shouldn't reach the dark days of pre-Brawl on Smashboards again.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

People say that the SSB4 Smashboards is terrible, but this was far worse. Fortunately, thanks to much better modding (though single-handedly Mario_and_Sonic_Guy), we shouldn't reach the dark days of pre-Brawl on Smashboards again.
And I think the grammar and spelling is slightly better. Only a little bit though.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace

I read some of the Brawl threads, and it was like falling off the evolutionary ladder back to caveman times. The moderators are playing a large role now, joke a duplicate threads are locked down pretty quick, there aren't as many flame wars. All in all, its a better place.
You would think that it would be worse though, with SSB4 being the largest and possibly best yet. I don't see how they could make a fifth without bringing in so many third parties it is unbalanced. so this might be the last smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104368

read the last few pages. they are hilarious. (note, I made this loooong before PT was announced. fanboy to the core)
Reading through these comments is pretty funny, but honestly before Brawl I also would've said that Charizard would be very unlikely to be playable. I would've been wrong, of course, but I would've maintained that characters like Lucario and Deoxys were much more likely, and would've been very surprised (though not upset -- I love Charizard) when PKMN Trainer was announced, as most people were.

Also, this is my favorite comment:
kaid said:
Charizard's greatest chance is as a last-minute addition, as a Ridley Clone.
Oh the irony. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

I read some of the Brawl threads, and it was like falling off the evolutionary ladder back to caveman times. The moderators are playing a large role now, joke a duplicate threads are locked down pretty quick, there aren't as many flame wars. All in all, its a better place.
You would think that it would be worse though, with SSB4 being the largest and possibly best yet. I don't see how they could make a fifth without bringing in so many third parties it is unbalanced. so this might be the last smash.
Which is why GameFAQs's Smash 4 community is a disaster zone (lack of modding). It's terrible and is going to get much worse from here on out. That is where the real drama will occur. Smashboards will probably be somewhat of a Oasis_S for Smash 4 discussion due to much better modding.

As for Smash 4 being the last game? I'm not sure, but I have a gut feeling this will be the last one for a very long time, unless of course Sakurai states he had many ideas he wanted to implement but couldn't (again). But I certainly hope this is the best yet. Imagine a game that surpass Melee in quality. Such a wonderful dream...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Heh, I actually did post in that thread denouncing Charizards chances. I definitely remember eating my words when Pokemon Trainer got revealed, and funnily enough he ended up being my favourite to use of the three. It's amusing to see how foolish my past self was, hopefully I have at least changed for the better since then.

But yeah, the Pre Brawl boards were horrendous with all the character wars and it only got worse closer to release and when the "Leak" lists started showing up (including the actual leak list). I hope these boards never get as bad as they did, though I imagine things will change once the first trailer is shown.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, right now it's just the calm before the storm.

And I remember seeing that thread before, though never bothered to post in it at the time. I think I remember on some different site(s), once Charizard's playability and stuff became revealed, people wanted the same to happen to Mew (I guess since we had Mewtwo before) and some other Pokeball Pokemon. Would've been interesting in theory, but I'm glad it came down to just Charizard's role being changed as far as that.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Reading through these comments is pretty funny, but honestly before Brawl I also would've said that Charizard would be very unlikely to be playable. I would've been wrong, of course, but I would've maintained that characters like Lucario and Deoxys were much more likely, and would've been very surprised (though not upset -- I love Charizard) when PKMN Trainer was announced, as most people were.

Also, this is my favorite comment:

Oh the irony. :awesome:
Yeah, I honestly didn't think Charizard had a chance in hell either, he was just my favorite pokemon by far, I was a freshman in high school, and some of the people who posted were really mean :c but yeah I lol'd when I saw that comment too xD

It was like a mini dream come true when charizard was actually playable. Then a mini dream crusher when I found out I had to rotate pokemon. Then dream again when project M (which my friends all use, so I end up using it a lot) had Charizard as a single.

Heh, I actually did post in that thread denouncing Charizards chances. I definitely remember eating my words when Pokemon Trainer got revealed, and funnily enough he ended up being my favourite to use of the three. It's amusing to see how foolish my past self was, hopefully I have at least changed for the better since then.
lol, yeah, I've been going back to a lot of my old posts and thinking what kind of idiot would post tha- oh that was me. It's been more than half a decade, which is 1/4 as long as I've lived, time makes a big difference.

Wow. i wasn't on the site pre-Brawl, so I don't know much about common debates about potential characters. It's a really interesting read for me. Nice to know that there were stupid character-haters even back then.

Seems like so long ago...
Yes, pre brawl was a dark place. The thread wars were... lets just say there were many losses on the front lines. Some of the best laughs ever were from the troll Ridley for brawl threads, much to the hatred of the then mods. Some odd characters garnered a ridiculous amount of support, like Ashley. And some deserving characters didn't make the cut (:glare:) but we survived, and are in a new era.

Yes, the boards are being handled so well now. I think I even remember seeing Mario and Sonic Guy back in the pre brawl days, but my memory is a little hazy. The Sonic for brawl threads was one of the scarier ones, not all because of the fans, either. While as pre Sm4sh fans may try to adopt the flames (gamefaqs), us pre brawl fans were born in them. It wasn't until after Brawl that we saw them quenched. A prebrawl forum goer as moderator is a good decision IMO

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Which is why GameFAQs's Smash 4 community is a disaster zone (lack of modding). It's terrible and is going to get much worse from here on out. That is where the real drama will occur. Smashboards will probably be somewhat of a Oasis_S for Smash 4 discussion due to much better modding.

As for Smash 4 being the last game? I'm not sure, but I have a gut feeling this will be the last one for a very long time, unless of course Sakurai states he had many ideas he wanted to implement but couldn't (again). But I certainly hope this is the best yet. Imagine a game that surpass Melee in quality. Such a wonderful dream...
The next game all depends on the new franchises or characters that emerge in the next, say 4-8 years. Because if he loaded up obscure, barely popular characters, not one would care about them. But he also has to keep a balance on third party reps. So unless he goes way back into nintendo history to find characters, Sakurai is going to be way past scraping the bottom of the barrel, he will be using a high powered vacuum to get any suitable characters. But then again, if they are going to keep all star mode then the characters at most will be sixty-ish. Smash 4 might have maybe 40-50 is the general idea, and i will still have like 3 characters that i only use.

Yeah, right now it's just the calm before the storm
Once some trailers and gameplay is released confirming some new characters, there is going to be a flood of people celebrating, or arguing, depending on the character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
There is nothing better than saying, "Suck it, B*tch, I was right"
Especially when the character deserves to be in, like Ridley, and people have some dumb argument that is proven wrong multiple times, like size.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
When ever someone says he is too big, i am just going to show them the melee opening.

Look how small he is there.
Besides, i can't wait for a classic showdown between the two.
You could do teams or like Samus and some other person, against ridley and the other team mates villain.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When ever someone says he is too big, i am just going to show them the melee opening.

Look how small he is there.
Besides, i can't wait for a classic showdown between the two.
You could do teams or like Samus and some other person, against ridley and the other team mates villain.
And top of the arguement to these to naysayers, his size varies and it actually doesn't matter if he's made too small in Smash. He would always be the cold blooded, intelligent, killer pterodragon he is.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
And to add to that, just look at Kirby, 8 inches tall, and olimar, an inch tall.
But i see him as maybe the biggest. It all depends on which model of him they use, i liked the Brawl boss model.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Man, I laughed at the top of my voice! I really LOOOOOOVEEE when these things happen! You are on my whitelist now!
lol we have the same avatar but I made the thread

One word: Lucky. I'd act the same way if Ridley gets confirmed. The look on all those fools' faces would be priceless. :awesome:
Lucky is exactly correct. I did not myself think Charizard had a chance.

Top Bottom