• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
:troll:

This is far as I'm going with SamusXRidley images.
There's some pretty nasty crap out there....let's just say, it gives new definition of Ridley being "too big". :awesome:
I'm sure it does. Likewise, this be as far as I'm daring to look (couldn't find the larger version of it, oh well).

And since I came across this in the process and is relevant..

D

Deleted member

It's obvious that Ridley was performing some mating ritual with Samus by killing her parents at a young age, then repeatedly testing her strength in combat as only the strongest can bear his next of kin. :smirk:

Samus ended up being TOO strong.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Oh hi guys, I was ju-

Seriously, how did we reach this strange, strange, strange train of thought?
I am not entirely sure, but he has died and been reborn like a hundred times, and since the cloning data from Other M was lost when the ship was destroyed, who knows if the Ridley lineage will still exist. If there is ever going to be a Baby Ridley running around causing trouble for Baby Samus, stealing her toys, and such, it is an important question.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't think the cloning data was lost when the ship in Other M was destroyed, considering that the remains of the Ridley clone was transported to the B.S.L. Station in Fusion, and even though that station was devoured by the X then later destroyed, whose to say the now-corrupt Federation doesn't have some of that data elsewhere?

Regardless of how you look at it, it's just grasping at straws at this point when trying to think of a way Ridley (in any shape or form) could come back after Super/Fusion. Same with the rest of the Space Pirates, probably.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I don't think the cloning data was lost when the ship in Other M was destroyed, considering that the remains of the Ridley clone was transported to the B.S.L. Station in Fusion, and even though that station was devoured by the X then later destroyed, whose to say the now-corrupt Federation doesn't have some of that data elsewhere?

Regardless of how you look at it, it's just grasping at straws at this point when trying to think of a way Ridley (in any shape or form) could come back after Super/Fusion. Same with the rest of the Space Pirates, probably.
Well he is too much of an enemy not to bring him back, unless he was like a robot that they modeled after him, or even if the Galactic Federation stored the data and made a clone to try and use him for good.
But like i was saying he is too much a part of metroid not to be alive.
When people hear metroid they either think, metroiid of course, samus, or ridley.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
A robot modeled after him? Already done in Zero Mission.

A clone Ridley that the GF tries to use for good? That would be an interesting plot twist, but given Ridley's general nature, I don't think that would work out too well, especially if it's true that the clone in Other M didn't even retain the original Ridley's memories of Samus and was just attacking her and the others out of instinct.

But aside from that I agree.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
well the clone grew up in like a couple days from birdie to ridley, but if they took they time to slowly grow it, it might work, because nothing starts out as downright evil, so maybe it had memories implanted.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
A robot modeled after him? Already done in Zero Mission.

A clone Ridley that the GF tries to use for good? That would be an interesting plot twist, but given Ridley's general nature, I don't think that would work out too well, especially if it's true that the clone in Other M didn't even retain the original Ridley's memories of Samus and was just attacking her and the others out of instinct.

But aside from that I agree.
They tried to make a submissive Ridley clone but FAILED! Now there are two Ridleys working together to wreck havoc on everyone! Overkill.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

But in order to have two Ridleys teaming up...
There would need to be another Ridley still around when they make the submissive clone.

Ridley and Ridley 2 (Other M) are both dead. So if they make the clone, that's only Ridley 3. No other Ridley to team up with.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
But in order to have two Ridleys teaming up...
There would need to be another Ridley still around when they make the submissive clone.

Ridley and Ridley 2 (Other M) are both dead. So if they make the clone, that's only Ridley 3. No other Ridley to team up with.
Assuming Ridley 1 is, indeed, dead.

D

Deleted member

Assuming Ridley 1 is, indeed, dead.
True.
For all we know, he could've survived the explosion and be healing.
But at least it's safe to say that Ridley 2 is long dead. I mean, even his carcass was in Fusion (and then an X Parasite fused with it to become Neo Ridley...and then died as well, with no remains that I know of)

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Okay, say they make one Ridley, and he gets smart and kills all the people at the cloning place, and he clones himself a army of other space dragons to march on the galactic federation

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
Okay, say they make one Ridley, and he gets smart and kills all the people at the cloning place, and he clones himself a army of other space dragons to march on the galactic federation

You mean an army of other furbies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I remember reading somewhere that Ridley was the last of his species. Thought it would be cool if Ridley decided that he would become so notorious that even the Galactic Federation would notice him and eventually clone him as some kind of bio-weapon. So like, everything he did was in part a way to keep his species alive? I dunno, it would be an interesting take on him.

EITHER WAY, the Galactic Federation cloning an army of Ridleys to hunt down Samus would be amazing.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
lol, this thread goes weird places. I didn't think something like ridleyxsamus would exist, but then I remembered the rule.

D

Deleted member

I remember reading somewhere that Ridley was the last of his species. Thought it would be cool if Ridley decided that he would become so notorious that even the Galactic Federation would notice him and eventually clone him as some kind of bio-weapon. So like, everything he did was in part a way to keep his species alive? I dunno, it would be an interesting take on him.

EITHER WAY, the Galactic Federation cloning an army of Ridleys to hunt down Samus would be amazing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Galactic Federation and Samus on the same side?

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Galactic Federation and Samus on the same side?
Remember, i'm pretty sure that in fusion the Federation gets mad because Samus is going to kill the X and they want to study it to use it for like medicine or as bioweapons, so when she destroys their probably trillion dollar research station full of equipment, they could put a bounty on her head and use a ridley clone to go after her, so when she defeats it they start using lots of them to chase her. While the space station collided with the planet, so the Federation is trying to salvage X and you have to go finish them off. The entire planet could be infected similar to the levitathan seeds.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
I think of Ridley's concept as a playable character is terrible. Here are some reasons.

Who would think of converting a boss into a playable character. Plus, Ridley is WAY too big to be one. Also, It would ruin the game as well. That's all.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think of Ridley's concept as a playable character is terrible. Here are some reasons.

Who would think of converting a boss into a playable character. Plus, Ridley is WAY too big to be one. Also, It would ruin the game as well. That's all.
I can't wait to hear the responses on this one!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Why not take a look at Bowser's history. He's constantly been seen as a gargantuan in the mainstream games, but in the spin-offs, his size is greatly reduced.

If Bowser can be resized, the same thing can be done for Ridley too.

For further proof that Ridley can work as a playable, refer to my size comparison posts for him...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14678337&postcount=163
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14681497&postcount=178
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14681564&postcount=180
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14681634&postcount=182

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Just as I did when I heard something like that a long time ago, if that happened I think they would just fight/kill amongst themselves to determine which one leads. I mean can you really imagine that many Ridleys getting along?

It was indirectly stated in the manual for the original Metroid (and the manga too, I think) that he was the last of his species, yeah. How his species met genocide is anyone's guess though.

I guess that would be interesting.

Theory: After the original Ridley's last defeat in Super Metroid's Norfair, he heals himself the same way he did in the manga after his ship exploded on him by eating the flesh of corpses Samus killed on her way to him, then gets off of Zebes while she was busy having the fight of her life against Mother Brain. Ironically, wouldn't be too different from the tactical retreat he made at the end of the Super Metroid comics from Nintendo Power.

Prove he would ruin the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to mention Olimar in Pikmin is the size of a quarter...your argument is so invalid...

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
Bowser wasn't THAT big in his introduction in 1985. You could say he was Titanic in some games e.g Super Mario Galaxy 2, but that was because he was using the power of the stars. Ridley would be terrible because he's too big & that turning a boss into a character would be extremely stupid & lame.

Reducing Ridley's wing size would be cheesy. Charizard might be good, but his size is 5 times smaller than he should be.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Except Ridley in his original appearance was only half a head taller than Samus?

Not to mention the "stupid and lame" thing is both redundant and subjective...

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
Can't you see i'm new to the forum.

Alright, you win. I'll forget the idea. But the major reason why I don't Ridley to be a character was that it would be awkward seeing a badass boss turn into a playable character. We'll find this out in the future. If he's a boss, I win. A character, you guys win. This is right now, just a speculation. I don't know what is going to happen. Only the team developers & Sakurai know.

Feel free & enjoy the tread. Thank You.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can't you see i'm new to the forum.

Alright, you win. I'll forget the idea. But the major reason why I don't Ridley to be a character was that it would be awkward seeing a badass boss turn into a playable character. We'll find this out in the future. If he's a boss, I win. A character, you guys win. This is right now, just a speculation. I don't know what is going to happen. Only the team developers & Sakurai know.

Feel free & enjoy the tread. Thank You.
Boss in Subspace or boss in Metroid? Ridley is a Metroid character through and through and shouldn't been identified as "one of the Subspace bosses".

Basically, Ridley should be referenced, in Smash, as a Metroid character, not a sub-space boss. Of course, assuming you meant that Ridley would be too awkward since he was sub-space boss.

D

Deleted member

Size arguments are negated by Bowser and Olimar.
Boss arguments are negated by Ganondorf.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I was liking the direction this thread's discussion was going before it got tainted by that change of subject. :(

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Tonight I read some of the Metroid manga. Never been enthusiastic about Ridley, but after reading that, I definitely want him in now. I seriously want to kick his reptilian hide.

Weird seeing him talk though.

D

Deleted member

Tonight I read some of the Metroid manga. Never been enthusiastic about Ridley, but after reading that, I definitely want him in now. I seriously want to kick his reptilian hide.
Saw some of his sadistic side, did ya?
"At least pay your respects!"

Top Bottom