• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Guys, relax. Ridley wasn't show, but they also didn't show more veterans. Palutena was essentially the only new thing for Smash in terms of characters.

No, I am not counting Mii.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Now that reveal....

Was really f**king disappointing, Mii's and some cringeworthy Palutena dialog!

Best of luck for the next reveal, hopefully some better character come along...

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thinking that Ridley would be announced at E3 (if in the game at all) is delusion.
If he was in, we would only find out once the game is released. Unlockable material for sure.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Where is that picture that shows Palutena rejoicing while Ridley is sulking in a corner? I think it best sums up how we're feeling today.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
:cFingers crossed for Sal's tipper to mention Ridley as a playable character...

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Sheesh guys, since when did the Sal leak state that the list of characters were the REMAINING newcomers??

Frankly I'm not all that surprised. Mii Fighter was definitely a big deal and was sure to be shown. Palutena not as much of a big deal but still pretty big. Just means Sakurai chose to show her next.

Let's take from this that at least Ridley was NOT shown on the Pyrosphere as a stage hazard. Yet. His chances remain the same, and that's good enough for me.

Now this E3 is NOT done. We have the 4 PM EST Smash Bros. discussion coming up. That may be the time Ridley's fate decided. My guess? That's when Pac-Man will be revealed. Maybe Chrom as well (ugh... 3 blue-haired swordsmen... =/ Oh, and Mii Fighter Swordsman. Geez we already have SIX sword users, and Meta Knight hasn't been revealed yet.)

Personally? I'm starting to think this ISN'T Ridley's day. All I can hope then that, if this isn't the heaven we're hoping for, we at least won't be cast into the hell of excluded Ridley and inevitable aggravation from detractors calling every supporter "delusional".

THE WAIT CONTINUES...

D

Deleted member

As others have said, I really hope that the Mii doesn't end up being considered 3 or 9 characters (don't remember which) due to their special movepool. I would be disappointed if they decided this Mii idea would suffice as a replacement for additional characters like Ridley. I would hope that instead of having multiple colors for the Miis (alternate costumes, pallet swaps, etc.) they decide to group all 3 classes together so that what would normally cycle you through the colors of a character would just cycle you through the Mii classes. I feel if it is done in this way it will help other character's (like Ridley's) chances since the Miis would then only take up one spot on the roster screen.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Seriously if they still gonna teas this F%#@ just to be a hazard then im done wit this game. Not worth the october release its already bad that dumba** leak with the chorus babys is legit

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
They're avoiding Ridley, making us think that we won't see him, and right before they go... BAM RIDLEY!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You guys are deluded for thinking that Ridley would be announced at E3 (if in the game).
If he was in, we would only find out once the game is released. Unlockable material for sure.
You are deluded for thinking they wouldn't announce RIDLEY of all characters before the release of the game.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I''ve been looking at the official SSB4 website and refreshing the page, it hasn't updated with Palutena and the Mii yet. Perhaps Sakurai might be waiting to reveal a third one before updating it?

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Just be thankful Ridley wasn't outright shown as a boss/hazard. I do expect another character reveal later, but I don't expect Ridley.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I''ve been looking at the official SSB4 website and refreshing the page, it hasn't updated with Palutena and the Mii yet. Perhaps Sakurai might be waiting to reveal a third one before updating it?
That makes sense.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I keep thinking that the next character is going to be Pac-Man.

I mean, if the leak is real, which at this point it most likely is, then this will literally be Pac-Man's last opportunity to be revealed as a playable character. No way are they going keep him a secret character.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I think were fine they'll save him for last and im expecting to see at least a new smash trailer too which would fit ridley better. Also i'm expecting some veterans to be announced as well.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
The rest of the animation from palutenas reveal is gonna play at the end of tournament revealing another newcomer,i''m calling it.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Saying that, he's in the US, and it's likely that someone updates the site for him, so it's unknown what's going to happen for the site at this point.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
They would announce him to build up hype and increase sales.
You are deluded for thinking they wouldn't announce RIDLEY of all characters before the release of the game.
They would announce him to build up hype and increase sales.
No way.
Ridley is only wanted by a small sect of people on internet forums. He's not as widely known or thought about as characters like Palutena.

Ridley is way bigger a deal to you guys than he is to Nitnendo or the general target market. You're way overestimating him.

I think he has a reasonable chance still, but as an unlockable. Just to exemplify in terms of villains, Ganondorf is waaay more popular than Ridley, but never got a mention before release.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Seriously if they still gonna teas this F%#@ just to be a hazard then im done wit this game. Not worth the october release its already bad that dumba** leak with the chorus babys is legit
I actually want Chorus Kids in the game. Also don't lose hope guys, its not over till the fat lady sings!!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sheesh guys, since when did the Sal leak state that the list of characters were the REMAINING newcomers??

Frankly I'm not all that surprised. Mii Fighter was definitely a big deal and was sure to be shown. Palutena not as much of a big deal but still pretty big. Just means Sakurai chose to show her next.

Let's take from this that at least Ridley was NOT shown on the Pyrosphere as a stage hazard. Yet. His chances remain the same, and that's good enough for me.

Now this E3 is NOT done. We have the 4 PM EST Smash Bros. discussion coming up. That may be the time Ridley's fate decided. My guess? That's when Pac-Man will be revealed. Maybe Chrom as well (ugh... 3 blue-haired swordsmen... =/ Oh, and Mii Fighter Swordsman. Geez we already have SIX sword users, and Meta Knight hasn't been revealed yet.)

Personally? I'm starting to think this ISN'T Ridley's day. All I can hope then that, if this isn't the heaven we're hoping for, we at least won't be cast into the hell of excluded Ridley and inevitable aggravation from detractors calling every supporter "delusional".

THE WAIT CONTINUES...
pretty much my thoughts exactly

I'm a bit more hopeful though

Sakurai teases Palutena as trophy

Palutena playable

Sakurai teases Ridley as boss

???

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No way.
Ridley is only wanted by a small sect of people on internet forums. He's not as widely known or thought about as characters like Palutena.

Ridley is way bigger a deal to you guys than he is to Nitnendo or the general target market. You're way overestimating him.

I think he has a reasonable chance still, but as an unlockable. Just to exemplify in terms of villains, Ganondorf is waaay more popular than Ridley, but never got a mention before release.
Using Palutena as an example is rather dull since she wasn't talked about very much until the leak happened, other than that it was mostly a small group of people that wanted her.

Ridley is one of the most popular Smash suggestions, I have no idea how you've managed to avoid talk about him on Youtube, Reddit, 4chan, Facebook, w/e, but he's talked about a ton by everyone. Saying he's only wanted by a small sect of people on internet forums is flat out wrong.

Anyways, guess we have to wait for the Invitational to see anything that could suggest Ridley, and if Pyrosphere's no playable my prediction that he's not alluded to or shown at all might have been right. After the show when they talked about figures there was a random fire explosion all the way to the right on Pyrosphere when both Mario and Mii where on the very left of the stage, but even then Ridley wasn't visible at all, so that seemed a bit odd to me.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Palutena ans Miis are cool ... but we were all expecting them so much = NO SURPRISE !!
Anyway, still didn't see any stage hazard on the new Pyrosphere gameplay sequences so let's hope !

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Fingers crossed for Mii being 1 slot, but being able to select them on the image such as when you select the pokemon trainer's pokemon to start with.
Still, it's unlikely the gematsu leak has all the characters. Smash bros brawl had 18 new characters, though it did have some layoffs. In fact, melee introduced 11/12 (can't remember the exact amount) with no layoffs! We only have 8 so far (12 assuming rest of Gematsu leak, 10 if 3 miis, 14 if both) so I honestly think we'll get more.
Assuming the mii is 1 character slot .-.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Cease and desist with the general E3/other character discussion. The day is not over, and other newcomers do not affect Ridley in any way.

Furthermore, @ WayfaringElf WayfaringElf - If you double/triple post (posting multiple times in a row) OR post anything else off topic (this includes general E3 questions), you will get infracted.

Anyhow, called it that he wouldn't be shown. However I'm not ruling out another WFT-esque reveal later during the Developer Direct. Nor him showing up, to our dismay, during a match in the Invitational, assuming Pyrosphere is playable. Regardless, there is no need to jump on people who have differing opinions on the matter.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Is it bad that E3 has me LESS Hyped for the game now that I've seen it? I mean, Palutena's cool and all, but- WAIT. The end of her trailer cut off... Why?

It COULD have something to do with another Newcomer.....but if they keep it in Anime Style....? It better not be Dark Pit.....

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
nnn

GAAH....

No.. No this is good, this is alright, No news is good news, this is alright, this is good....
I am... going to go Lye down... for a bit

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Using Palutena as an example is rather dull since she wasn't talked about very much until the leak happened, other than that it was mostly a small group of people that wanted her.

Ridley is one of the most popular Smash suggestions, I have no idea how you've managed to avoid talk about him on Youtube, Reddit, 4chan, Facebook, w/e, but he's talked about a ton by everyone. Saying he's only wanted by a small sect of people on internet forums is flat out wrong.

Anyways, guess we have to wait for the Invitational to see anything that could suggest Ridley, and if Pyrosphere's no playable my prediction that he's not alluded to or shown at all might have been right. After the show when they talked about figures there was a random fire explosion all the way to the right on Pyrosphere when both Mario and Mii where on the very left of the stage, but even then Ridley wasn't visible at all, so that seemed a bit odd to me.
He's just not the sort of character who would be announced at E3.
You only need to look at the revealed list to see that just about every character announced pre-release so far is a much more mainstream representation of their series.
Ridley is a very obscure rep. Definitely not starter material.

Top Bottom