• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How many of us are cyber pirates.

Incidentally, robbers/burglars/bandits/whatever should really think about calling themselves TERRA PIRATES.

Sounds like terror. Much cooler.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I used to but not anymore... the main thing was that pirating led to greater convenience, but with things becoming more accessible it seems even sillier to break the law for something I could rent for $1.

I think of the Space Pirates less as "Pirates" but more as raiders... they're making planned heists and missions to acquire goods and technologies, not just hijacking random freighters they come across. They're more like...

SPACE VIKINGS.

D

Deleted member

I'd say this size works well.
BTW, Samus and Ridley are now BFFs and hang out on Norfair.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I'd say this size works well.
BTW, Samus and Ridley are now BFFs and hang out on Norfair.
Yes, that size works VERY well if you ask me.

I STILL think that that picture is just one of the lesbian owners taking their pet purple dragon out for a walk in the fiery depths of Norfair. Hopefully they brought a bag to clean up after him if he takes a dump during the walk. :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We got another three weeks to wait until a possible Ridley confirmation. As can be seen by my new avatar, my hype for the Space Pirate leader showing up is increasing.

I wonder if this thread is going to be flooded with idiots during these final three weeks prior to E3? One of the pluses about Ridley being confirmed so early on will not having to deal with the idiot horde.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oasis.

As a Suprise gift for Chrono, you should draw Roydley!

In a maid outfit of course.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
He looks about right in that picture to me.

Now, the fun thing to do is imagining the new event match with Super Giant DK and Super Giant Ridley duking it out on a skyscraper.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
so.. we want ridley about as big as he is in this video?
I actually imagine him a little bigger than in the video but with a different posture. He looks pretty tall when they just put his model onto a larger charizard because his neck sticks out so much, but I imagine it double-hinged like in this picture:

So, he could actually be pretty big but just have his head be closer to his body (his body being his actual hitbox) most of the time. I'd also be fine if he was the size depicted in the video, though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And Kid Icarus is Pit.
Sadly the people behind Captain N made the same mistake, thus reinforcing it.

In fact in KI: Uprising there was a conversation where Pit wondered who this Icarus guy was and why he was given the title. Palutena tells him to worry about other things.

FYI I think a lot of those Super Metroid posts are troll posts. See how they're all early and all at the same spot.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
And a lot of people see Link and go "Oh! Look, it's, um, Zelda!"

I definitely see how children new to video games or non-video game players would assume that the main character is the title, especially when the title contains something that could be a name. Metroid... could be a sci-fi name or title for someone.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
You could easily have a fun "Dragon Slayer" event where you play as Marth and you have to fight Bowser followed by a Giant Charizard and then finally a Giant-Giant Ridley. Epic.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The growing excitement in each countdown post from Chrono in this thread is really boosting my excitement for (the alleged reveal on) June 11.

Top Bottom