• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
WHAT!? FOR REAL!? OH MAN, IT TOTALLY HAD US FOOOOOOOOOOOLED!!

Geez man, we're not that naive. :p
Well, discussion of the leak is still ongoing. Some people seem to believe it, claiming it's the next Palutena.

Make of that what you will.

(By the way, I think I'm going to name this particular version of Ridley "Kilmee.")

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, discussion of the leak is still ongoing. Some people seem to believe it, claiming it's the next Palutena.

Make of that what you will.

(By the way, I think I'm going to name this particular version of Ridley "Kilmee.")
Whaaaaaa--

This is probably the only leak of Ridley that I don't want to be real.

Just seeing that...abomination reminded me of this scene from Aliens.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm just wondering how that model was made. Photoshop? Scrapped Ridley modeling project?
Someone probably pulled the model out of their ass. That is the only explanation for it looking THAT bad.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Just got done listening to someone go on about how Ridley can't be in the game because they can't imagine Ridley clapping. Because of his personality.

Sure is a good thing we don't have a playable character who is literally a demon king from the depths of the earth whose life goal to subjugate the earth caused him to manifest in the form of his own sheer hatred in order to kill the families of the people who defeated him. And even if we DID have such a character, he definitely wouldn't clap, right? .......Right?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Just got done listening to someone go on about how Ridley can't be in the game because they can't imagine Ridley clapping. Because of his personality.

Sure is a good thing we don't have a playable character who is literally a demon king from the depths of the earth whose life goal to subjugate the earth caused him to manifest in the form of his own sheer hatred in order to kill the families of the people who defeated him. And even if we DID have such a character, he definitely wouldn't clap, right? .......Right?
Also, Diddy Kong and Mewtwo don't clap.

I would imagine Ridley slouching menacingly as his defeat animation.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Mewtwo didn't clap in Melee.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Also, Diddy Kong and Mewtwo don't clap.

That's not the problem. The problem is, their logic was literally "Ridley can't be playable because he wouldn't clap due to his personality". But by their EXACT logic, Ganondorf claps. Ganondorf deconfirmed??? ...No, not quite.

But aside from that we do also have lose poses where characters don't clap, so it really just doesn't make sense there either.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That's not the problem. The problem is, their logic was literally "Ridley can't be playable because he wouldn't clap due to his personality". But by their EXACT logic, Ganondorf claps. Ganondorf deconfirmed??? ...No, not quite.
I'm now imagining Ridley doing a ton of silly Smash Bros. related stuff, included, but not limited to:

Superspicy curry, sleeping, flower-on-head, broken-shield stunning, tripping...

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hey guys! Apparently that leak was real! Ridley will be shown with that design at E3!

The leaker also showed me the other characters that'll appear as well, and he even showed their in-game designs! Take a look!

what am I doing anymore.png

(Oh god, why do I keep running this gag)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I could see a group of Space Pirates trying desperately to hold Ridley back from trying to take revenge on the winner. Bonus points if everyone else that lost looks nervously over at Ridley.

Or even better, the other losers in a three/four player match holding Ridley back.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't even know why people think Ridley is too serious. Ganondorf is an extremely serious business antagonist up to some really nasty business. We have Ganondorf doing wacky stuff, that's fine. He eats spicy food, runs around with bunny ears, makes a high squeaky laugh, is shrunken down a lot to be closer to Link's height, slips on a banana peel and lands on his butt, nobody bats an eye.

But RIDLEY? Oh no, not RIDLEY. Out of the question. Def.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know why people think Ridley is too serious. Ganondorf is an extremely serious business antagonist up to some really nasty business. We have Ganondorf doing wacky stuff, that's fine. He eats spicy food, runs around with bunny ears, makes a high squeaky laugh, is shrunken down a lot to be closer to Link's height, slips on a banana peel and lands on his butt, nobody bats an eye.

But RIDLEY? Oh no, not RIDLEY. Out of the question. Def.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I'm now imagining Ridley doing a ton of silly Smash Bros. related stuff, included, but not limited to:

Superspicy curry, sleeping, flower-on-head, broken-shield stunning, tripping...
Tanooki Tail Ridley with a Poison Mushroom and a Lipstick, about to duel a Pikachu with an Ore Club and a Super Mushroom.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I might need to get a closer look but I don't think that Ridley is that bad. He obviously had to get a redesign so he couls fit fine with out looking weird.

Has anyone got a picture of the whole Ridley? It comes across to me like a mixture of his Other M design and his 8-Bit appearence.
Its still Ridley though and if it means he is playable, I'll take it and simply hope they improve his model in the next game.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I might need to get a closer look but I don't think that Ridley is that bad. He obviously had to get a redesign so he couls fit fine with out looking weird.

Has anyone got a picture of the whole Ridley? It comes across to me like a mixture of his Other M design and his 8-Bit appearence.
Its still Ridley though and if it means he is playable, I'll take it and simply hope they improve his model in the next game.
Are you legitimately saying that this render doesn't look atrociously off? Seriously, he looks like a cross between Roidley and a shark, and the artstyle doesn't even match that of the rest of the characters. It just looks outright DEPLORABLE.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

I can see this possibility happening : Ridley will join the fight as a playable character AND a stage boss.
(Look at the video @ 18:10)
Compare Bowser's Size as a fighter and a boss in the Final Destination Stage in SSB Melee....The boss Bowser gets a size and attack boost....Something similar could happen to Ridley.

Sakurai also did something similar in Kirby's Air Ride with King Dedede:
King Dedede was a HUGE BOSS and a pain in Kirby Air Ride

But once defeated, King Dedede is unlocked as a playable character and the King DDD model is shrunk down

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Are you legitimately saying that this render doesn't look atrociously off? Seriously, he looks like a cross between Roidley and a shark, and the artstyle doesn't even match that of the rest of the characters. It just looks outright DEPLORABLE.
As I said, I need to take a better look at it and while it is almost definelty fake for numerous reasons, I think the design could be worst. I need to see the entire thing before I can say how bad it is.

I think its fake for the most part, but I still would like the see the whole thing.

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice

I can see this possibility happening : Ridley will join the fight as a playable character AND a stage boss.
(Look at the video @ 18:10)
Compare Bowser's Size as a fighter and a boss in the Final Destination Stage in SSB Melee....The boss Bowser gets a size and attack boost....Something similar could happen to Ridley.

Sakurai also did something similar in Kirby's Air Ride with King Dedede:
King Dedede was a HUGE BOSS and a pain in Kirby Air Ride

But once defeated, King Dedede is unlocked as a playable character and the King DDD model is shrunk down
That drawing at the top made me think of Sakurai riding Ridley.
That must be the reason Ridley wasn't shown! Sakurai rides him into battle!

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Someone on GameFaqs sketched what the rest of the "leaked" Ridley may look like, assuming it is based on Fusion Ridley.

I mean it looks ok but it's still a potatoe.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That drawing at the top made me think of Sakurai riding Ridley.
That must be the reason Ridley wasn't shown! Sakurai rides him into battle!
Reminds me of a drawing I did in response to the "Waluigi/Ridley could still be playable!" posts on Miiverse.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Someone on GameFaqs sketched what the rest of the "leaked" Ridley may look like, assuming it is based on Fusion Ridley.

I mean it looks ok but it's still a potatoe.
001.gif

I nearly puke...

I think I got a moral from this:

"Never let Ridley use the internet, it is bad for his health..."

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Fellow Ridley fans, I have a question for you.

If you could only choose between a New Metroid Game for 3DS (your choice of 2D or 3D) or playable Ridley in SSB4, which one would you choose?

You cannot have both.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

If you could only choose between a New Metroid Game for 3DS (your choice of 2D or 3D) or playable Ridley in SSB4, which one would you choose?

You cannot have both.
ouh... that;s a tough one but I'll say ridley for ssb4 (which would increase his chance to get a game anyway). For the history and the internet reaction (ooh delicious:p )

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well the way you worded the scenario kinda skews my choice.

I'd be okay without a 3DS Metroid (for the time being) provided the chance for a Wii U Metroid title still existed.

Furthermore, Smash 4 is technically 2 games. If it was a choice for Ridley in Smash for Wii U or 3DS is a different than if he were in both.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

You cannot have both.
Simple, the metroid game, unfreezes the franchise, shuts people saying that metroid is dead, we get a really cool new game overall, at the cost of playable ridley wich would still have good representation as a boss and wouldn't make this game less exciting overall.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

You cannot have both.
Ridley. I can wait a few more years for a new Metroid, but Smash only comes out circa every 6 years. Plus, it'd practically make him a stable in the franchise. It'd also fulfill my dream of finally playing as Ridley himself, as that's the only opportunity I'll ever have of doing so.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

You cannot have both.
Easy. I would choose playable Ridley. A new Metroid game will be developed eventually, but a playable Ridley in Smash could possibly never happen. It would also increase awareness of the franchise and bring new fans into the fold.

Besides, we already have a lot of great games in the franchise to replay.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
No wonder it looks so ugly, it looks like Fusion-ley. It's terrifying. I might not sleep tonight.

Also honestly, I would rather see Ridley in SSB4 than a new 3DS Metroid at E3. We can get a new 3DS Metroid any time, but this is Ridley's last chance to be in Smash Bros. for another 5-7 years.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hey, don't diss Joey!

Joey was a better Robin than friggin Robin!
From what I've seen of Joey's character before, can't say I agree with that. Samus's sidekicks from the canonized Zero Mission manga were more enjoyable even.

You cannot have both.
Much as I want a Metroid on 3DS, I guess I'd go with the latter since I find it more unlikely to ever happen now (not impossible, just you know). That would leave a new Metroid on Wii U as still a possibility which would motivate me to get the system even more, Smash aside.

edit: Toobigots talking about Ridley in the Cut Veterans thread. What da ****. lol

Last edited:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
It was just a few hours, and here comes a really bad Fusion Ridley. @.@

I'm glad I woke up thinking happier Ridley thoughts.

I'd rather see Ridley playable than any Metroid game - there are so many good indie games out there (and really close to Super Metroid ones at that) that more wait for a true Metroid sequel can simply wait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom