• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I think I figured it out guys....I really think I hit the nail on Sakurai's master plan!!!

Pic of Pyrosphere.

http://mii-gamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-metroid-stage.jpg

Pic of Pyrosphere Final Destination.

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2014/April/smashonline3.jpg

Now I know its been brought up before that the Final Destination doesn't have the lava. Some people think that lava is the hazard.....I think not...I think its whats inside that lava. Pyrosphere is walled off so if lava is filling into it its absolutely gonna fill the stage. Now what boss comes out of lava in Other M? Yes the Vorash!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100617194325/metroid/images/b/b0/Mom_lavaboss.jpg

Now im sure people will say "But the Vorash doesn't show up in Pyrosphere" WELL tell that to these 2 ladies!!! They never show up in Gerudo Valley!

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Super-Smash-Bros..jpg

You could also bring up "But why haven't we seen the Vorash yet?" Cause it would clearly give Ridley away more then he already is!

Don't you see Sakurai is trying in a sense to frame Ridley.....Bookmark this cuz I want all the kudos when im right.

To add on to this post I'd love for you guys to watch the boss fight yourself. Here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DkOdHtBfvc

This would make for a pretty cool boss fight for Smash. Lava fills all the way to the top of Phyroshere then the Vorash would just be jumping over the Phyroshere back and forth shooting projectiles and when it gets weak like in Other M it would run across the Phyroshere. I could also see it swimming around the Pyroshere and man just so much it could do really. And when you defeat it the lava will drain just like in Oher M. (See in the video above) Here is a pic of the Phyroshere again and just try to picture it all while watching the boss fight.

http://i.imgur.com/vbILFdo.jpg

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well, whenever we see a playable Ridley in Smash, I just hope he has a moveset that makes sense with the character, and is balanced.

Mewtwo was the character I was planning to main more than anyone else in Melee. He played no-where near what I expected from him. Yeah the throws, Shadow ball (Why does it go all wiggly woogily though? Reference to G2's version? Why not the movie version?), and Teleport were nice, but everything else about Mewtwo was just terrible to me. Lots of short range stuff, hitting things his tail to hit things instead of having some sort of psychic equivalent is strange.

Meta Knight was the character I planned to main in Brawl. I couldn't stand how boring he plays. Tornado looks and behaves almost nothing like the games. His incredible power in his quick attacks was a little bizarre, I agree with the fast attacks but why so much power? He was also much more sluggish in the air than I thought he'd be. Not sure why they decided do make Meta Knight's cape part of his final smash and down+B (same reason for Luigi's Za Warudo?). I was really surprised to not see the charged up mini-tornado he makes by slamming his sword into the ground as his down b or side b. Down aerial doesn't do his classic Down-stab (too much referencing to link?). Meta Knight's attacks in general seemed very basic and boring compared to what he does in the Kirby games.
Of course, the idea of a character being so OP that people will complain if I play said character is a discouragement too.

Maybe it's because I was too hyped for them.

Of course we can't forget about Ganondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon twice. Really hoping he gets a new moveset this smash. I don't even care much for Ganondorf, but heck he doesn't deserve that treatment.

I just hope that when Ridley is playable, that he will be accurate to his appearances in Metroid. Considering his boss appearances in Brawl, it seems that they get the fact that he's fast (he even keeps up with the blue falcon). The worst thing you can do to a character is make them boring. Even if they are terrible, but enjoyable, many more people will play the character.

On a side note, blah Ridley thread moves so fast. And this post was longer than expected.... I just needed to get that stuff about Mewtwo and Meta Knight off my chest.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
Hello, first post for a long time lurker of this thread. I've been keeping up to date and I'm very pleased to see there is still a chance for a playable Ridley.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hello, first post for a long time lurker of this thread. I've been keeping up to date and I'm very pleased to see there is still a chance for a playable Ridley.
I love your pic.

Even in this hard time were getting so many new space pirates joining!

Warms my heart seriously does.

PS: If Ridley is revealed it is the only thing that will change my Cowboy shyguy you know its a BiG Deal.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
P2A571_0D6BD07FC5774_000.gif

"...z....Z...z....."

i was bored...i need to think of some ideas to draw....

AndreaAC

You could draw a hybrid Ridley, try to make Other M Ridley look good.
xD yeah...i could try! thanks for the idea! i just need to find a way to make it work....

D2A571_0D6A88FB16562_000.gif

Since the Original Ridley and the clone does not get along xD

D

Deleted member

Then Clone Ridley comes back as Neo Ridley and scares the crap out of OG Ridley because of being much bigger. :awesome:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Tip: DO NOT PET OSTRICHES, they can send you to a hospital or a morgue.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Then Clone Ridley comes back as Neo Ridley and scares the crap out of OG Ridley because of being much bigger. :awesome:
But Ridley then notices his wings and no longer takes him seriously! :chuckle:

Tip: DO NOT PET OSTRICHES, they can send you to a hospital or a morgue.
Or just anything from Australia.

xD yeah...i could try! thanks for the idea! i just need to find a way to make it work....
Ridley`s arms, legs, tip of the tail, head, body and tongue, Roidley`s hands, wings, tail, neck, eyes, claws and something else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Ridley then notices his wings and no longer takes him seriously! :chuckle:

Or just anything from Australia.
Until Neo Ridley blows out his eardrums with his screech. While pointing at a picture of Ridley as he looked in-game in Super Metroid and Zero Mission.

Eh, in artwork, the wings aren't too small, but they're smaller than other Ridley designs.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Until Neo Ridley blows out his eardrums with his screech. While pointing at a picture of Ridley as he looked in-game in Super Metroid and Zero Mission. Eh, in artwork, the wings aren't too small, but they're smaller than other Ridley designs.
Yeah...but the screech sounds so weird he laughs even harder...until he notices the picture. Then he gets a bottle and thinks about it harder while heavely drinking...oh, right...er...soda...yes! Soda! Then he gets a bottle and thinks about it harder while heavely drinking soda!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And then Godzilla shows up to show there are things much bigger than Ridley.

AndreaAC

And then Godzilla shows up to show there are things much bigger than Ridley.
Ok, Godzilla may be bigger than Ridley but he's not fast, and what if Ridley turned into Omega and with one touch of Phazon makes Godzilla disintegrate...

oh well....whatever, back to the drawing board...

D

Deleted member

Ok, Godzilla may be bigger than Ridley but he's not fast, and what if Ridley turned into Omega and with one touch of Phazon makes Godzilla disintegrate...

oh well....whatever, back to the drawing board...
Doubt Ridley can withstand insane levels of atomic radiation to where he can touch Godzilla and live.

Aside from that, Godzilla's taken on monsters that were smaller and faster than him. Their speed only delayed the inevitable. :awesome:

AndreaAC

Doubt Ridley can withstand insane levels of atomic radiation to where he can touch Godzilla and live.

Aside from that, Godzilla's taken on monsters that were smaller and faster than him. Their speed only delayed the inevitable. :awesome:
Lur0uyE (2) - Copy.png

"OK, OK, I GET IT! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

NOW...like i said....BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.....

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Good to see everyone here is still optimistic after the Direct

D

Deleted member

I...highly doubt it. We already had a Pyrosphere pic after the Direct and it didn't have anything to do with hazards.
I mean after I made the post...

Don't anyone find weird that Yellow Devil was shown so many times in the Mega Man stage but Ridley didn't?
"shaddup, i Saw His Shadow"<-- this is what I get from answer

Anyway, just putting this here as a reminder when the time for E3 comes.
ridley.png

Morbi

Scavenger
Good to see everyone here is still optimistic after the Direct
The funniest thing; I never expected Ridley's inclusion to be so thoroughly unexpected. I literally thought that Ridley's reveal was going to be unanimously expected by everyone but the "toobigots." In fact; my hipster pride activated and I didn't even really support Ridley because everyone else did. Now I can safely support Ridley!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The funniest thing; I never expected Ridley's inclusion to be so thoroughly unexpected. I literally thought that Ridley's reveal was going to be unanimously expected by everyone but the "toobigots." In fact; my hipster pride activated and I didn't even really support Ridley because everyone else did. Now I can safely support Ridley!
....wut

Morbi

Scavenger
Now that most people doubt his inclusion, I feel much more comfortable supporting him as a character (because I am a hipster). Prior to the Direct; everyone would make fun of people that didn't believe that Ridley was playable; however, that has obviously stopped. As most feel as though he is de-confirmed, I now support the character (because I am a hipster).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Now that most people doubt his inclusion, I feel much more comfortable supporting him as a character (because I am a hipster). Prior to the Direct; everyone would make fun of people that didn't believe that Ridley was playable; however, that has obviously stopped. As most feel as though he is de-confirmed, I now support the character (because I am a hipster).
Thank you for clarifying. I had literally no idea what your last post meant XD

AndreaAC

SCAN0151.JPG

"Now, time to enjoy my f***ing vacations....."

A random drawing....sketchy as always

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
well, I have to admit I believe that even if as of now ridley would be an hazard, I'm sure that it's not the end we may have been trolled pretty hard or we are too hopeful. There's so much fishy thing going on that it's practically impossible to make a clear verdict but what makes me think he's trolling is this: literally, he didn't said that ridley is a stage hazard but he did for yellow devil. Indeed he even could have got that far to hint him being not an hazard "Other boss characters makes appearance on other stages." literally means "Other boss characters (which might not be ridley) makes appearance on other stages (which might not be pyrosphere)."

It's really stretched but it's so similsr to "ridley may appear at any second" (according to the jp post, it's ridley) like it could literally means that ridley CAN appear in a certain time on pyrosphere but that doesn't even include the fact that he needs to be an hazard.

Lastly, Sakurai loves to troll (and I actually enjoy it) but I'm going to say it here even if paper rmario is my most wanted, if he reveals ridley than he would deserves the same amounts of credit from me as if he would have revealed paper mario like seriously this may be the best troll of ssb.

Take this as you will but I think it's impossible to be certain here.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
If...and that a BIG IF...Ridley makes it into SSB4 as a playable character...
I would probably react like this when facing all Ridley haters (especially Shokio)
Look at the video @ 2:38

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
well, I have to admit I believe that even if as of now ridley would be an hazard, I'm sure that it's not the end we may have been trolled pretty hard or we are too hopeful. There's so much fishy thing going on that it's practically impossible to make a clear verdict but what makes me think he's trolling is this: literally, he didn't said that ridley is a stage hazard but he did for yellow devil. Indeed he even could have got that far to hint him being not an hazard "Other boss characters makes appearance on other stages." literally means "Other boss characters (which might not be ridley) makes appearance on other stages (which might not be pyrosphere)."

It's really stretched but it's so similsr to "ridley may appear at any second" (according to the jp post, it's ridley) like it could literally means that ridley CAN appear in a certain time on pyrosphere but that doesn't even include the fact that he needs to be an hazard.

Lastly, Sakurai loves to troll (and I actually enjoy it) but I'm going to say it here even if paper rmario is my most wanted, if he reveals ridley than he would deserves the same amounts of credit from me as if he would have revealed paper mario like seriously this may be the best troll of ssb.

Take this as you will but I think it's impossible to be certain here.
Precisely; this is the second "Ridley may appear at any second." No one can definitely state what Sakurai means by it, there are multiple meanings. Nothing would indicate a deconfirmation just like nothing would indicate a confirmation.

CCD23

Smash Cadet
View attachment 12304
Since the Original Ridley and the clone does not get along xD
You know, I've been thinking that if Ridley is playable, he will probably be given an entirely new design for Smash 4. The reason I think this is because Zero Suit Samus was given a new design not based on any previous games she was in. When Sakurai mentioned that suited Samus was mostly based on her Other M design (right here in this video) I assumed Zero Suit Samus would also be mostly based off her Other M design. (I was 100% positive ZSS was returning.) This assumption disappointed me because I did not like her character model in that game. ( Other M < Brawl ) But now that we've seen her design for the upcoming game, it's much better than both Other M and Brawl IMO.

My point about Ridley is that if he is playable, he might be given the same treatment. His character design might not be anything like what's in Other M, Super Metroid or any other Metroid game. Other M Ridley would be ugly as hell when contrasted with other characters in such a bright and colorful game as Smash. Super Metroid Ridley, while being the most preferred design among supporters it seems (and I would concur if he was strictly based on an original design), seems to be kind of lanky. So I'd be willing to bet that Ridley will get a makeover. If confirmed to be playable (which I very much believe there is a significant chance of), it will be interesting to see how he is designed.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Hmmm something else I wanted to mention is that the Yellow Devil is huge but the stage is pretty small.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Mega-Man-Yellow-Devil-Super-Smash-Bros.jpg

And Pyroshere is really large stage with a baby sized Ridley on it....Man if he is a hazard like you all seem to think Ridley wont even touch me.

Oh and I know someone in this thread made/posted this pic before so credit to whoever that was. Its Pikachu's shadow colored in just so people can get the better idea of Ridley's size. Just for people that missed it.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2..._2014_04_10_um_23_35_45_by_lilt92-d7dxcjy.png

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmmm something else I wanted to mention is that the Yellow Devil is huge but the stage is pretty small.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Mega-Man-Yellow-Devil-Super-Smash-Bros.jpg

And Pyroshere is really large stage with a baby sized Ridley on it....Man if he is a hazard like you all seem to think Ridley wont even touch me.

Oh and I know someone in this thread made/posted this pic before so credit to whoever that was. Its Pikachu's shadow colored in just so people can get the better idea of Ridley's size. Just for people that missed it.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2..._2014_04_10_um_23_35_45_by_lilt92-d7dxcjy.png
Those are great for comparison; I didn't notice such a discrepancy that should have been overt.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
It just seems odd that Sakurai would troll and only show a shadow. If he was really going to reveal Ridley as a boss he would have shown his entire figure.

Top Bottom