• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Do I need to remind you that there are still leaked characters that havent been announced yet? My guess is all of those will be announced before Ridley, or not at all.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, that may not be true, because it would probably make more sense to have a character like Duck Hunt Dog be a secret one and have a fan favorite like Ridley get an announcement to boost sales.
Because Dark Pit and Bowser Jr. is such a hype last hurrah. If there's a last minute character reveal it's probably Ridley. If not him then Mewtwo, if not them then Duck Hunt Dog

And then I saw your edit. Hello.

Last edited:

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
Hello there, I read this post since one month and I finally create an account !

I'm french and I hope I will be still welcome even it's an US forum, I really want to participate to this amazing topic.

About Ridley, what can i say....i think nothing because everything was already said.

But I really want to see Ridley for SSB4 and I still believe it ! And more with the ent video.

But I have a question : Do you believe if Ridley is playable, than means Nintendo will maybe think about to make a new Metroid ?

5 Days reamaining....

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice

I'm french and I hope I will be still welcome even it's an US forum, I really want to participate to this amazing topic.

About Ridley, what can i say....i think nothing because everything was already said.

But I really want to Ridley for SSB4 and I still believe it ! And more with the ent video.

But I have a question : Do you believe if Ridley is playable, than means Nintendo will maybe think about to make a new Metroid ?

5 Days reamaining....
Of course you wont be welcome here, this is an US only forum, strictly enforced.

Welcome.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

But I really want to see Ridley for SSB4 and I still believe it ! And more with the ent video.

5 Days reamaining....
Welcome of course. Glad you came to join us on the final stretch. Let's hope that our purple pirate leader makes his BIG debut (an oldy but a goody)

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Well guys ...
It is time for my "regards"
After something like 3 years, finally SSB4 is going to come out on Saturday (in Japan yes, but we're going to know the roster) ...
My first SSB game was Brawl so this was my first time speculating about a SSB game, and I have just one frase for you all:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
I loved the speculation and Smashboards was the best place, and this thread is the best part of Smashboards !
I remember clearly every moment.... those post I read before joining the website, my first post, all those detractors and all those funny moments like gifs, drawings and videos.
And don't forget all those moments speculating about the shadow and hoping for a trailer at E3 or in the Smash Direct.
You are probably the best people I have ever met about SSB, and I'm not saying this because you support Ridley.
I have done a special present for you all, something different from that Miiverse Collage or that Ridley's 2048 I did some big whiles ago.
I like change the lyrics of the songs to make a funny parody so I took Bitf's "A simple rquest" and created
"Ridley's fan's simple request"

I suggest you to listen to the real song first ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ZAVR_np3E ) so you can read the "new" lyric with the rhytm in your head.

Here you are
I don’t want a lot for Smash
All I need to get my fix is
You, the one I’ve been pursuing since that Melee opening.
My regard for you is real.
Just one trailer and then you will
Make my wish come true !
All I want for Smash is …
RIDLEY !

(musical part)

With you I could main the online,
Fill the houses with kids’ tears.
No one could escape from my combos,
Even jerks who play as Little Mac !
We could work together, my lord !
I’ll press “A” while you kick them.
Detractors will be shocked to discover
Their worst nightmare is now true !
I just want those who resist
To tremble ‘neath my plasma breath first !
Forget Mewtwo …
All I want for Smash is RIDLEY !

(musical part)

[detractors’ part]
Oh but Ridley is obviously big as s**t
And his monstrosity will raise the ESRB
And if you’re a real Metroid fan …
You’d prefer a guy from Prime Hunters !
[end of detractors’ part]
Masahiro, won’t you make him playable proving he’s the most deserving character for Smash !

Air game, true, is fine and dandy,
To make him very unique.
Wings would be very handy,
To escape from those Falcon Punches.
His tail is the final key,
For clenching my sweet victory.
He’s not OP !
All I want for Smaaaaaaash iiiiiis…… Ridley !
Ridley
Ridley !!!
RIDLEY !!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this and sorry if there are some grammar mistakes but I'm Italian.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
"Saturday, September 13 as the release just before live broadcast of
Nintendo 3DS software " Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS "
will be introduced in one fell swoop of the information. On the day, the people of the editors of the Nintendo game magazine with invited guest, while playing the game actually, of the attention the new fighter from, the portable game machine unique new mode up, has been recorded in this work the number of play will commentary as long as you allow the broadcast time."

It... May be happening.
Well obviously they are going to have some kind of big reveal before it's released.

All aboard the hype train!

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
This thread was considered TOO BIG for Smashboards!!!

Ridley has found a neat little trick to make discussion threads HUGE!!!!

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
There's not much time left.....Either Ridley would be announced at Friday or the Space Dragon would be hidden, just like these guys at Brawl::jigglypuff::toonlink::wolf:

I am confident we would see Ridley soon...until then, here's some Ridley comic

Wonder why Ridley is so scared? Look at the video below...at your own risk.
Pfft. That's gotta be the dumbest excuse of a creepypasta I've seen in a while.

For every post you mention the leak and the old all-star lock image, Ridley burns a village to the ground.
"Everytime you say that Ridley is too big, he'll leave another kid orphan. Please, think of the children (and their delicious parents)!"

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
A big thanks to all of you for this welcome !!

I hope I will see the cataclysm, not made by deathwing (warcraft), but by Ridley, because IS MORE BIGGER THAN DEATHWING

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Thank YOU Ridley FR for joining us on the last hill of this miles long roller coaster ride. Its only a matter of time before we ride into the station and see our Space Pirate leader awaiting! Weather or not he "fits" into the Smash train... only time will tell. But I don't doubt he will be there in one way or another.

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
Thank YOU Ridley FR for joining us on the last hill of this miles long roller coaster ride. Its only a matter of time before we ride into the station and see our Space Pirate leader awaiting! Weather or not he "fits" into the Smash train... only time will tell. But I don't doubt he will be there in one way or another.
Thank you Berry (and the others) :) !

I'm a patient person, but here, it's quite difficult to resist until the final day.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I get this mental image of all the confirmed Smash characters enjoying a roller coaster ride and then returning to the station where Ridley is standing with arms crossed and an impatient scowl.

"It's my turn."

Exegguter

Smash Lord
The last 5 are probably
Hades
Medusa
Baby Palutena
Dark Palutena
Pink Gold Pit

As of now. I think Ridley will be secret ig he's in.... Logical or not.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Let's refrain from ever mentioning Pit's name here ever again shall we?

That feathery chicken was nothing more than a punching bag when I used to boot up brawl.
And now I have TWO to chose from in smash 4!

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Well guys ...
It is time for my "regards"
After something like 3 years, finally SSB4 is going to come out on Saturday (in Japan yes, but we're going to know the roster) ...
My first SSB game was Brawl so this was my first time speculating about a SSB game, and I have just one frase for you all:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
I loved the speculation and Smashboards was the best place, and this thread is the best part of Smashboards !
I remember clearly every moment.... those post I read before joining the website, my first post, all those detractors and all those funny moments like gifs, drawings and videos.
And don't forget all those moments speculating about the shadow and hoping for a trailer at E3 or in the Smash Direct.
You are probably the best people I have ever met about SSB, and I'm not saying this because you support Ridley.
I have done a special present for you all, something different from that Miiverse Collage or that Ridley's 2048 I did some big whiles ago.
I like change the lyrics of the songs to make a funny parody so I took Bitf's "A simple rquest" and created
"Ridley's fan's simple request"

I suggest you to listen to the real song first ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ZAVR_np3E ) so you can read the "new" lyric with the rhytm in your head.

Here you are
I don’t want a lot for Smash
All I need to get my fix is
You, the one I’ve been pursuing since that Melee opening.
My regard for you is real.
Just one trailer and then you will
Make my wish come true !
All I want for Smash is …
RIDLEY !

(musical part)

With you I could main the online,
Fill the houses with kids’ tears.
No one could escape from my combos,
Even jerks who play as Little Mac !
We could work together, my lord !
I’ll press “A” while you kick them.
Detractors will be shocked to discover
Their worst nightmare is now true !
I just want those who resist
To tremble ‘neath my plasma breath first !
Forget Mewtwo …
All I want for Smash is RIDLEY !

(musical part)

[detractors’ part]
Oh but Ridley is obviously big as s**t
And his monstrosity will raise the ESRB
And if you’re a real Metroid fan …
You’d prefer a guy from Prime Hunters !
[end of detractors’ part]
Masahiro, won’t you make him playable proving he’s the most deserving character for Smash !

Air game, true, is fine and dandy,
To make him very unique.
Wings would be very handy,
To escape from those Falcon Punches.
His tail is the final key,
For clenching my sweet victory.
He’s not OP !
All I want for Smaaaaaaash iiiiiis…… Ridley !
Ridley
Ridley !!!
RIDLEY !!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this and sorry if there are some grammar mistakes but I'm Italian.
No rhymes
2/10 - Maybe next time.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I get this mental image of all the confirmed Smash characters enjoying a roller coaster ride and then returning to the station where Ridley is standing with arms crossed and an impatient scowl.

"It's my turn."
Since Bowser, Dedede, and DK fit, (probably with seatbelt extensions tho lol) im sure Ridley could fit in, long as he fold his wings in.

Now im imagining him next to Charizard on the train just having a blast down the first hill lol :3

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
The last 5 are probably
Hades
Medusa
Baby Palutena
Dark Palutena
Pink Gold Pit

As of now. I think Ridley will be secret ig he's in.... Logical or not.
I would be a happy man if Hades was in somehow, regardless of muh overrepping.
Imagine Hades alongside Ridley, cracking jokes at those puny mortals. Gods of death having a laugh.

Since Bowser, Dedede, and DK fit, (probably with seatbelt extensions tho lol) im sure Ridley could fit in, long as he fold his wings in.

Now im imagining him next to Charizard on the train just having a blast down the first hill lol :3
I thought Ridley was the train or something. I mean, that's how the joke works right?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Don't you mean having a Fire Blast? :awesome:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Let's refrain from ever mentioning Pit's name here ever again shall we?

That feathery chicken was nothing more than a punching bag when I used to boot up brawl.
And now I have TWO to chose from in smash 4!
Heyheyhey. Pit catches enough crap in his own series, he doesn't deserve yours. Direct it at Jigglypuff, it's the only thing that one deserves. :glare:

Also, reminders, Ridley is in no question, question is if Sakurai screws up how, yada yar. Memu days get me salty. :grrr:

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
I'm really speechless about how this topic is ALWAYS active

Everyone here played a Metroid game and really know the lore about Ridley ? If so, I'm impressed (in good way ofc). It's not the same case in France.

I guess you have 50-60 % french people who really wants Ridley

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I don't think this support thread has ever left page one, EVER, since it was made. It cant be the top topic all the time, but it basically is. I mean really, look at this. Almost 2000 pages, 2000! The fanbase deserves Ridley at this point just for the sake of the love, time, and effort they put in for Ridley.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Did I miss any Ridley Related news?
We should have had a weekly Ridley News video format, now that I think about it. I imagine it with Kraid in a suit as the newscaster. Well, maybe we still get our chance to have it before SSB5 comes out ( but I certainly hope we won't need it. )

Last edited:

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
I don't think this support thread has ever left page one, EVER, since it was made. It cant be the top topic all the time, but it basically is. I mean really, look at this. Almost 2000 pages, 2000! The fanbase deserves Ridley at this point just for the sake of the love, time, and effort they put in for Ridley.
I can only agree with you

When i saw the other topics of Mewtwo, It was 300 pages, arround like that

And i saw after the Ridley Topic : 1600 pages

I Said : WHAAAT ? XD

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I can recall a few times when it did dip below the first page, but such rare occurrences were very brief.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
We should have had a weekly Ridley News video format, now that I think about it. I imagine it with Kraid in a Suiz as the newscaster. Well, maybe we still get our chance to have it before SSB5 comed out ( but I certainly hope we won't need it.
I could probably do that... Granted with just editing, still pictures and very basic animation, but it could be doable...

Last edited:

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
We should have had a weekly Ridley News video format, now that I think about it. I imagine it with Kraid in a Suiz as the newscaster. Well, maybe we still get our chance to have it before SSB5 comed out ( but I certainly hope we won't need it.
Do you mean the video of EWNetwork ?

Damn i can't post link yet ! Need more messages

Message to can link videos, sorry for flood

Same here :D

We should have had a weekly Ridley News video format, now that I think about it. I imagine it with Kraid in a suit as the newscaster. Well, maybe we still get our chance to have it before SSB5 comes out ( but I certainly hope we won't need it. )

Did you mean THIS video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q6hesY3Yg

this video make my hype up to my maximum

Last edited by a moderator:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Did you mean THIS video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q6hesY3Yg

this video make my hype up to my maximum
No I meant a weekly Ridley News-round-Up
produced by members of the Ridley thread for members,
all animated, with Kraid as the anchorman.
Kraid reading out news, interviewing special guests like Crocomire etc etc.
I couldn't think of a good name for it though.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
@ Ridley FR Ridley FR Woah there, be sure to edit posts instead of making more in succession. Double (and triple/quadruple) posting is generally frowned upon around here.

Last edited:

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
No I meant a weekly Ridley News-round-Up for the Ridley produced by members of the Ridley thread for members, all animated, with Kraid as the anchorman. Kraid reading out news, interviewing special guests like Crocomire etc etc
Didn't watch this, do you have the link please ?

@ Snagrio Snagrio : Yeah I know about that, but you required 10 posts to link videos, that only for that. So again : Sorry about that !

I will not reproduce this, I promise

Last edited:

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
Didn't watch this, do you have the link please ?

@ Snagrio Snagrio : Yeah I know about that, but you required 10 posts to link videos, that only for that. So again : Sorry about that !

I will not reproduce this, I promise
If you wanted 10 posts, then go to other threads and post there. You can wait til you got the posts needed. Like he mentioned, double posting or more is frowned upon and can get you banned. But I welcome you to the board and Ridley's Space Pirate Crew. Only five to six more days to go.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

5 Days reamaining....
Hi there! And didn't you know? 2 Metroid games are being planned.

Needsmorespin

Smash Cadet
You know...when I found this thread it was a really magical experience, I thought for a long time I was the only one who wanted Ridley in Smash...but then I found my way here
I gotta say its really heart warming how much love and support Ridley has...I mean I have never seen a thread on the boards get THIS much traffic and get so damn big, I will stay with this ship whether we sink or swim and I'll be one of the first in the door to the party if the Dream comes true

So thank you guys for being so awesome and lets get ready to welcome our Space Pirate friend to his new home (should it happen of coarse)

I'm rooting for ya Big guy

Top Bottom