• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

•Col•

Smash Champion
What do you mean "if" Ridley got in??
Don't get me wrong, I believe it's more likely that he is in at this point rather than not. But it's still not impossible for him to just end up as a hazzard/boss or whatever. Just kinda unlikely with the evidence pointing the other way.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey, how would yall feel if Ridley ends up being in the game as a clone of Charizard? I know it may be somewhat unlikely but ... look what happened to Gannondorf.
Basically said like a million times but; despite if Ridley was a clone or not (which he is due to Other M but back to the point) at this point, everyone here just wants him in, clone or not. He needs to be the Metroid rep that isn't freaking Sammy/Zammy (as much as I like me some Zammy) cuz that makes no sense that she is all we get from Metroid. Although being a clone really would be just Sakurai's fault for being lazy, Ridley just needs to be in. Period.

Just curious:
If Ridley is actually confirmed, and this thread overloads and is closed, will there be another made, or is that it? XD
Most likely, we will get a Ridley Social Thread when the time comes.

That is indeed from SchAlternate's Riveting, Classy And Superb Masterpieces brand.
Thanks for clarifying. :)

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Yet most likely true.
"I think that would probably be impossible. [laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right? [laughs]"- Sakurai well considering how slow he moved as a boss in the direct, his size according to the shadow, and the fact that he hasn't been deconfirmed not putting him in would be the middle finger to his fans.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Your Reaction If tonights POTD is a picture of Ridley with ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENT TO IT, and the website is put into a "under construction" page.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
"I think that would probably be impossible. [laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right? [laughs]"- Sakurai well considering how slow he moved as a boss in the direct, his size according to the shadow, and the fact that he hasn't been deconfirmed not putting him in would be the middle finger to his fans.
More like Falcon Punch to the face.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Your Reaction If tonights POTD is a picture of Ridley with ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENT TO IT, and the website is put into a "under construction" page.
I would go on a murderous rampage. But seriously, that would pretty much confirm him so I would freak out and wouldn't stop smiling until October.

D

Deleted member

I would start speculating whether he's a boss or a playable character based on the image of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@Arcanir

J2A571_0D861F850137C_000.gif

"I see you decided to go back to the fancy lifestyle."

"..."

^u^ Glad to see your fancy Salamence avi again.

CJReynz1492

Smash Rookie
You know....I'm so grateful to this thread and all the people in it. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't have come up with my best concepts with Ridley that are:

The most adorable/funny/abusive brotherly love/hate relationship ( the Ridley and Roidley interactions.)

The fanciest Ridley alive (Catrin Ridley.)

The BEST Ridley ship (Ridley and Rosalina -Ridsalina.)

And the others like my Ridley coasters, Assassin Ridley (that helped me to develop a bit more my concept with Rayman and the Assassins) and the costumes for Rids and stuff....I wish I could remember what else I have done with him....
Don't forget tanooki ridley :D

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Guys guys, tomorrow's pic is going to show Ridley as a boss! It's all over now :c
I hope you guys take it well.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm assuming you guys already discussed and debunked this? I went several pages back and saw no talk about it but I know how fast this thread moves, so...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm assuming you guys already discussed and debunked this? I went several pages back and saw no talk about it but I know how fast this thread moves, so...

It was confirmed by a mod to have been posted by someone else on the thread's alternate account, who then disappeared forever. also, we found several possible source images. So no true deconfirm, but we're assuming it's a fake.

pretty much,plus if you think about the other m stages is not on the 3ds, so that might lead to some hope
Oh, I have all of the hope. I am the hope monger. I am the hope colossus. I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, yet I fear no evil, CAUSE IM THE BADDEST MUTHA****A IN THE WHOLE VALLEY

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don't forget tanooki ridley :D
xD Oh yeah, that was a really funny one, I drew that tanooki Ridley on a presentation card because I was lazy to do it on a bigger format like white sheet.....heh....then the other Mario costumes for Ridley came: Penguin Ridley, Bee Ridley, Hammer bro Ridley, Tanooki Roidley and the like...I have so much fun doing these. :3

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It was confirmed by a mod to have been posted by someone else on the thread's alternate account, who then disappeared forever. also, we found several possible source images. So no true deconfirm, but we're assuming it's a fake.

Oh, I have all of the hope. I am the hope monger. I am the hope colossus. I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, yet I fear no evil, CAUSE IM THE BADDEST MUTHA****A IN THE WHOLE VALLEY
Makes sense to me. It looked a little too detailed I thought

Retrogaminglord

Smash Cadet
Also guys I have to say, if look at the new comers in smash 4 , we haven't really gotten a villain yet, yeah bowser jr counts, but there is usually more. Wolf Dedede(though not a full villain) Wario,(has moments) 4 has so far no villain new comers shown yet

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
May the Ridley be with all of us this week. Let's see what Sakurai will have for us in the next batch of PotDs
xD Oh yeah, that was a really funny one, I drew that tanooki Ridley on a presentation card because I was lazy to do it on a bigger format like white sheet.....heh....then the other Mario costumes for Ridley came: Penguin Ridley, Bee Ridley, Hammer bro Ridley, Tanooki Roidley and the like...I have so much fun doing these. :3
Tanooki Roidley is best Roidley

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If Ridley isn't deconfirmed in PotD's by the end of the week, then he's playable

100%

lets go team
There's practically no chance he'll be disconfirmed by the PotD's this week.

So, by your logic, he is practically confirmed.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also guys I have to say, if look at the new comers in smash 4 , we haven't really gotten a villain yet, yeah bowser jr counts, but there is usually more. Wolf Dedede(though not a full villain) Wario,(has moments) 4 has so far no villain new comers shown yet
I'd consider Duck Hunt Dog a Villain... all the pain he gave me as a child... curse that dog.

Back on topic though, if Ridley was to be revealed as a playable character (or confirmed as a boss), I'd assume he'd be revealed in a big way (no pun intended) so I assume we'll probably get a direct a few days before Japan's release.

Top Bottom