• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
You can relate Ridley to both Samus (Obvious reasons) and Pikachu due Brawl issues, I wouldnt be suprised they do something like that in the direct, like they are both fighting him, he is winning then Falco and Mewtwo (Who can both go through space, arwing and its *** Mewtwo, he does in the movie) follow/blast Ridley and the battle begins

The fun part about Jiggly being fairy therefore fighting dragons is also possible xD

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Provided that "Jigglypuff/Ridley" means "Jigglypuff is viciously beaten and eliminated by Ridley with prejudice," yes.
...Do I need to get a mod in here? :glare: I'm not gonna let any prejudice slip into this thread, let alone a beloved veteran that's been part of the Smash family since the dawn of time.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
...Do I need to get a mod in here? :glare: I'm not gonna let any prejudice slip into this thread, let alone a beloved veteran that's been part of the Smash family since the dawn of time.
Already moved on, and no mod's going to sway me from hating the creampuff's existence. Your precious "O12" can, politely, stuff themselves in a locker. :glare:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, when we do get a direct this month, It'd probably either be:
1. A 'Mini' Smash Direct
2. A General Direct
AND EITHER WAY, THEY MUST REVEAL RIDLEY AND ANOTHER CHARACTER(S).
Seeing how we haven't gotten a general direct announcement yet, I'm guessing it's gonna be a 'mini' Smash direct.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I find it really biased that people actually think Ridley was the cause for the hype in that Melee reaction.
Metroid hadn't seen a game since Super Metroid, and back then no one was even sure if they would do another Smah Bros. game, let alone think Ridley had a chance of being in it.
Another Smash was inevitable after the success of the first one, despite how late it was released in the 64 era. Anyone who was unsure about that was just clueless.

Metroid's drought in the N64 era didn't stop Samus from being in Smash 64 though, so why would it have prevented her from being in Melee? Her returning in SSBM was kind of a no-brainer.

While it's debatable as to just how much hype Ridley caused in the Melee trailer reaction, fact remains that people cheered once when they saw Samus, and then cheered even louder the next second when they saw him... It's indisputable that that started the desire for Ridley in Smash for a certain number of fans, but even then I still didn't expect him to be a character in Melee due to Metroid still being dead at the time.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Another Smash was inevitable after the success of the first one, despite how late it was released in the 64 era. Anyone who was unsure about that was just clueless.
Especially since Nintendo makes sequels for literally everything.

Seriously, Steel Diver got a sequel. That game just screams "meh", while the original Metroid definitely did not (Kid Icarus did though).
Metroid's drought in the N64 era didn't stop Samus from being in Smash 64 though, so why would it have prevented her from being in Melee? Her returning in SSBM was kind of a no-brainer.
Especially since they developed prototypes of Metroid games then, and developments that became Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime were being worked on then.
I do have a good feeling for the upcoming week (in relationship to Ridley)... i don't know why.. that feeling suddenly came across me

...excuse me while I kiss the entire sky (because Ridley's so big)
Sorry guys, Jimi Hendrix made me do it!!! :laugh:

It doesn't help that Ridley is getting Purple Hazed by anti-Ridley folks either.

#RidleyPuns

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Someone on 4Chan posted this:

I'm sure it's fake.

Ridley's neck look really strange and awkward.
Call me out on this, because I could very well be 100% wrong, but isn't that this stage:

Better Picture

But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's fake, too.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Eh, it's been forever since I've written these words:
a08.png
Like this post if you're a strong, independent supporter who don't need no leak!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
A lush, grassy field, with a small lake and a few trees. It's night. The camera floats lazily over the landscape, giving a bird's eye view of the surroundings. It eventually stops over a group of figures, sitting in a semicircle around a campfire. Camera changes view once again, this time behind the group. Everyone is sitting, relaxed and laid-back. Samus and Kirby are star-gazing. Kirby spots a falling star and gets excited. Samus gives a muffled laugh through her transparent visor. Donkey Kong and Link are both roasting marshmallows, except Donkey Kong uses a banana instead. He pulls the banana off the stick and gives a satisfied grin, and then starts peeling it. Link shakes his head in amusement. Pikachu is shown curled up, sleeping soundly. Camera cuts back to Samus and Kirby, still staring up in the heavens. Suddenly, a shadow speeds across the firmament, accompanied with a high pitched whistle, to emphasize on how fast it is traveling. Samus' face displays shock as she renders her visor opaque, and readies her arm cannon. DK, Link and Kirby look at her quizzically. Samus nods, and the atmosphere suddenly becomes more intense. Link draws his sword. Pikachu wakes up, still groggy. His ears twitch, and he suddenly becomes more alert.

An obscured figure with large, blue-glowing eyes stands in the shadows. The three fingers on his hand spread out, and between them a ball of dark, purple energy gains shape.

Everyone's attention is drawn to Pikachu, who is now fully awake, staring angrily in the distance, cheeks jolting with power, and possibly also anger. Eyes in the shadows glint. A shadowball is thrown, but Pikachu expertly dodges it and it creates a crater in the ground. Two more are fired as the figure strafes, his eyes fixed upon the yellow rodent, but all of them are dodged. Pikachu makes his counterattack, and fires a bolt of lightning in the direction of the figure. A great explosion and a wisp of smoke are all that is left, but a faint noise catches everyone's attention. The humanoid figure is visible, illuminated by the moonlight.

Mewtwo strikes back!

The camera shows everyone in the distance, alerted by Mewtwo's presence, as a crowned head emerges from the water. Two unevenly sized yellow glowing eyes stare at the party while a maniac grin treks across his face.

Everyone is still staring at Mewtwo, ready to strike. Mewtwo, however, grins, and snaps with his fingers. DK hears a noise and quickly jumps to push Link and Samus out of the way, making them all fall over. A gigantic cannonball rushes past. Kirby, who was in it's path, ducked and was unharmed. They stare at the owner of the cannonball, who gives a mad chuckle as he swings his trusty blunderbuss over his shoulder.

K. Rool brings the blunder!

He readies his blunderbuss, and aims once again. Everyone springs into action. Pikachu, Samus and Link both attack Mewtwo with projectiles, who effortlessly teleports to avoid them, and fights back with his own. K. Rool fires multiple times. DK punches several cannonballs back, while Kirby swallows them and spits them. K. Rool punches them away from him. Several fly off as Mewtwo uses his psychic powers to levitate them towards him and makes them spin around above his outstretched arm. Both of the villains close in as the heroes are driven togehter.

The skies scream in terror as the shadow soars past once again. A barrage of fireballs bombards the landscape. The heroes dodge out of the way, and DK's tuft of hair catches fire as he panics to put it out. K. Rool struggles to dodge them, to his annoyance. Mewtwo uses a psychic barrier to protect himself. The camera switches to the point of view of the creature, as it divebombs straight for the ground.

The ground explodes as the shadow violently lands and a cloud of dust covers everyone. Samus, her visor still opaque, searches around.

She is greeted by a pair of green glowing eyes. The ground shakes slightly, possibly out of the sheer strength of the creature, possibly out of fear, as he strides, using both arms and legs to move. A pair of mighty wings opens and blows the dust away with a single movement as everyone covers their eyes. Samus stares, bewildered, at Ridley.

Ridley.

Ridley stares at her, then nods. She gasps, but a second later she nods back. Ridley jumps into the air and flies to the other side of the field. Mewtwo teleports to his right side, while K. Rool waddles to his left. The camera shows both parties, battle ready. For some reason, everyone is grinning. They lunge. The screen goes black.

Two more pairs of eyes and a pair of headlights watch from the distance. One figure is humanoid, horned, and extremely muscular. One figure hulks over the others, his trident in hand. One figure has many legs. Light shines from its canopy as it is lit from within, revealing a rather grubby-looking boy. The large figure sniffs the air, and spots a pillar of smoke billowing in the distance. The sounds of explosions can be heard. He turns his head to the many-legged figure, and raises one eyebrow quizzically. The boy taps the screen inside the robot, and nods rapidly. The muscular figure shakes his head and smiles. The trio heads for the pillar of smoke, one striding, one stomping, and one skittering.

What a frikking waste of time.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
A lush, grassy field, with a small lake and a few trees. It's night. The camera floats lazily over the landscape, giving a bird's eye view of the surroundings. It eventually stops over a group of figures, sitting in a semicircle around a campfire. Camera changes view once again, this time behind the group. Everyone is sitting, relaxed and laid-back. Samus and Kirby are star-gazing. Kirby spots a falling star and gets excited. Samus gives a muffled laugh through her transparent visor. Donkey Kong and Link are both roasting marshmallows, except Donkey Kong uses a banana instead. He pulls the banana off the stick and gives a satisfied grin, and then starts peeling it. Link shakes his head in amusement. Pikachu is shown curled up, sleeping soundly. Camera cuts back to Samus and Kirby, still staring up in the heavens. Suddenly, a shadow speeds across the firmament, accompanied with a high pitched whistle, to emphasize on how fast it is traveling. Samus' face displays shock as she renders her visor opaque, and readies her arm cannon. DK, Link and Kirby look at her quizzically. Samus nods, and the atmosphere suddenly becomes more intense. Link draws his sword. Pikachu wakes up, still groggy. His ears twitch, and he suddenly becomes more alert.

An obscured figure with large, blue-glowing eyes stands in the shadows. The three fingers on his hand spread out, and between them a ball of dark, purple energy gains shape.

Everyone's attention is drawn to Pikachu, who is now fully awake, staring angrily in the distance, cheeks jolting with power, and possibly also anger. Eyes in the shadows glint. A shadowball is thrown, but Pikachu expertly dodges it and it creates a crater in the ground. Two more are fired as the figure strafes, his eyes fixed upon the yellow rodent, but all of them are dodged. Pikachu makes his counterattack, and fires a bolt of lightning in the direction of the figure. A great explosion and a wisp of smoke are all that is left, but a faint noise catches everyone's attention. The humanoid figure is visible, illuminated by the moonlight.

Mewtwo strikes back!

The camera shows everyone in the distance, alerted by Mewtwo's presence, as a crowned head emerges from the water. Two unevenly sized yellow glowing eyes stare at the party while a maniac grin treks across his face.

Everyone is still staring at Mewtwo, ready to strike. Mewtwo, however, grins, and snaps with his fingers. DK hears a noise and quickly jumps to push Link and Samus out of the way, making them all fall over. A gigantic cannonball rushes past. Kirby, who was in it's path, ducked and was unharmed. They stare at the owner of the cannonball, who gives a mad chuckle as he swings his trusty blunderbuss over his shoulder.

K. Rool brings the blunder!

He readies his blunderbuss, and aims once again. Everyone springs into action. Pikachu, Samus and Link both attack Mewtwo with projectiles, who effortlessly teleports to avoid them, and fights back with his own. K. Rool fires multiple times. DK punches several cannonballs back, while Kirby swallows them and spits them. K. Rool punches them away from him. Several fly off as Mewtwo uses his psychic powers to levitate them towards him and makes them spin around above his outstretched arm. Both of the villains close in as the heroes are driven togehter.

The skies scream in terror as the shadow soars past once again. A barrage of fireballs bombards the landscape. The heroes dodge out of the way, and DK's tuft of hair catches fire as he panics to put it out. K. Rool struggles to dodge them, to his annoyance. Mewtwo uses a psychic barrier to protect himself. The camera switches to the point of view of the creature, as it divebombs straight for the ground.

The ground explodes as the shadow violently lands and a cloud of dust covers everyone. Samus, her visor still opaque, searches around.

She is greeted by a pair of green glowing eyes. The ground shakes slightly, possibly out of the sheer strength of the creature, possibly out of fear, as he strides, using both arms and legs to move. A pair of mighty wings opens and blows the dust away with a single movement as everyone covers their eyes. Samus stares, bewildered, at Ridley.

Ridley.

Ridley stares at her, then nods. She gasps, but a second later she nods back. Ridley jumps into the air and flies to the other side of the field. Mewtwo teleports to his right side, while K. Rool waddles to his left. The camera shows both parties, battle ready. For some reason, everyone is grinning. They lunge. The screen goes black.

Two more pairs of eyes and a pair of headlights watch from the distance. One figure is humanoid, horned, and extremely muscular. One figure hulks over the others, his trident in hand. One figure has many legs. Light shines from its canopy as it is lit from within, revealing a rather grubby-looking boy. The large figure sniffs the air, and spots a pillar of smoke billowing in the distance. The sounds of explosions can be heard. He turns his head to the many-legged figure, and raises his one eyebrow quizzically. The boy taps the screen inside the robot, and nods rapidly. The muscular figure shakes his head and smiles. The trio heads for the pillar of smoke, one striding, one stomping, and one skittering.

What a frikking waste of time.
c09.png
All my money for Porky, Ganon, and Black Shadow!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Two more pairs of eyes and a pair of headlights watch from the distance. One figure is humanoid, horned, and extremely muscular. One figure hulks over the others, his trident in hand. One figure has many legs. Light shines from its canopy as it is lit from within, revealing a rather grubby-looking boy. The large figure sniffs the air, and spots a pillar of smoke billowing in the distance. The sounds of explosions can be heard. He turns his head to the many-legged figure, and raises his one eyebrow quizzically. The boy taps the screen inside the robot, and nods rapidly. The muscular figure shakes his head and smiles. The trio heads for the pillar of smoke, one striding, one stomping, and one skittering.
Ganon, Porky, and... who?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I'm sure it's fake.

This picture looks like a picture someone took with camera from 1977 of Brawl.

Then, during the film development, they flipped the picture on accident.

Oh wait, that's exactly what this is.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey guys good news (if the leak is real anyway.)

Well remember the agruement of dlcs being the fillers

Well the rumor thread looked a little deeper on those pictures and we found this.

We found an all-star mode but guess what we found its a lock symbol so this might proove once and for all not every character is shown on that leak .

Edit heres the picture

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

I'm sure it's fake.

oh that picture, thats actually from a video. i cant find the original video unfortunately but that ridley model is basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AJ62ufAQ_E
Not so Fun Fact: shokio used that model to claim that ridley would look ********. i believe he only used THAT model (in terms of hacking him into the game, not cutscenes with ridley in it)
Edit: found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVkSaVgm1A
Strangely this uses the Captain Falcon base instead of charizard which i admire

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey John, how do you feel about the leaked CSS? Final?
LOL Wario's left eye. Ever since Kuma pointed it out to me I can't stop looking at it and I can't stop laughing.

Also, Ness' shirt has the wrong stripes (2 less than what he has had in EarthBound, Mother, Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl).

Ganondorf's shadow and model is just lol.

And no Metroid or DK stage.

Oh, and everything is taken in like 40p x 40p pictures, and we got no CLEAN 720p pictures of GAMEPLAY with unconfirmed characters on an unconfirmed stage.

Heck, we haven't even really gotten video.

So, in other words, I feel it is... FAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
LOL Wario's left eye. Ever since Kuma pointed it out to me I can't stop looking at it and I can't stop laughing.

Also, Ness' shirt has the wrong stripes (2 less than what he has had in EarthBound, Mother, Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl).

Ganondorf's shadow and model is just lol.

And no Metroid or DK stage.

Oh, and everything is taken in like 40p x 40p pictures, and we got no CLEAN 720p pictures of GAMEPLAY with unconfirmed characters on an unconfirmed stage.

Heck, we haven't even really gotten video.

So, in other words, I feel it is... FAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
What about the Tomodachi thing?

classix410

Smash Cadet
So we can get penalized for talking negatively towards a fictional character?
geez I haven't met such sensitive people....
#TeamLeak #sept13th
get hyped for smash 3ds

Last edited:
Top Bottom