• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
last time i went to toywiz and won they ***** the pot without telling me til the end. wasnt even posted in the thread. dont trust them a bit and thats why i havent considered going. i just know the owners are pricks
coming beats not coming for worry of not getting money.

wtf ISAI IS GOING?

better bring my N64 controller.
Thats not the real Isai :(

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Pfft my friends property is a List, not a hashtable.

Pakman.OhSnap();
Jerks.Add(new Jerk("Mogwai");
You must not have many friends then or your lookups would be mad slow. That's right, I went there!

My friends are in a hashtable so that I can have O(1) lookups rather than your O(n) or possibly O(log(N)) (if they're sorted) lookups.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Wow this tourny looks big. I think i can come, theres no reason why i wouldn't.
Scar, you better be there, for some reason I know I'm going to pull off a kick *** combo.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Scar, you better be there, for some reason I know I'm going to pull off a kick *** combo.
All of Lite's matches must be recorded, for both the match and crowd reactions.

PB&J

Smash Hero
omg lite is going to be there..now this is a tourny he is going to **** people and im going to be laughing and rubbing it in peoples faces..lite whats good

oh and im staying with milos, along with chaddd,cornel,marsfool, soft, and shiz

best smash fest ever

LLDL

Smash Hero
make sure you go on the first page and pre-register

JFox

Smash Hero
Let's consider paying top 3,4, and 5 real quick.

Right now we have 122 signed up for singles. Alukard has said that he doesn't want to change the singles entrance fee because people are already concerned about how much they are spending on this tournament. So $10 per person. Lets assume 100 of them enter, cuz we know there are def people that aren't gonna show up come saturday.

Singles............................................................................................................................ Doubles

Top 5.............................................................................................................................. Top 5
50/25/15/5/2.5/2.5...................................................................................................... 50/25/15/5/2.5/2.5

1st. $500.................................................................................................................... 1st. $250 Each
2nd. $250.................................................................................................................... 2nd. $125 Each
3rd. $150.................................................................................................................... 3rd. $75 Each
4th. $50.................................................................................................................... 4th. $25 Each
5th. $25.................................................................................................................... 5th. $12.50 Each
5th. $25.................................................................................................................... 5th. $12.50 Each

Top 4............................................................................................................................... Top 4
50/30/15/5.................................................................................................................... 50/30/15/5

1st. $500.................................................................................................................... 1st. $250 Each
2nd. $300.................................................................................................................... 2nd. $150 Each
3rd. $150.................................................................................................................... 3rd. $75 Each
4th. $50...................................................................................................................... 4th. $25 Each

Top 3................................................................................................................................ Top 3
A. 60/30/10...................................................................................................................... 60/30/10

1st. $600.................................................................................................................... 1st. $300 Each
2nd. $300.................................................................................................................... 2nd. $150 Each
3rd. $100..................................................................................................................... 3rd. $50 Each

OR

Top 3................................................................................................................................ Top 3
B. 55/30/15........................................................................................................................ 55/30/15

1st. $550 ....................................................................................................................1st. $275 Each
2nd. $300 .................................................................................................................... 2nd. $150 Each
3rd. $150 ....................................................................................................................3rd. $75 Each

Remember that these numbers are all hypothetical. Entrance size being more or less than 100 people would totally alter payouts.

Personally I like paying out top 4, for doubles and singles. Top 5 seems silly, whats the point of having two people getting a $25 prize? (in doubles it is even more ridiculous) All it does is deflate the money that 2nd place makes. At least with top 4 everyone is making more then they spent to enter.

What does everyone think is best?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
man when i hold my next huge tourney im gonna make sure i walk out with at least 2k for myself, as that seems to be the new trend.

Milos

Smash Lord
I'd say top 5 man

it just seems like more people will be pleased to come out of this with a little bling

Anybody who wants to smash friday night can come over, but the only people who can sleep here are those who i'm housing so keep that in mind

plus we're not gonna go to late

probably just have 2 or 3 setups

and run mad friendlies and then do an 8 man singles bracket

or 12 if we have enough

express interest if there is any

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hey, who wants to pay my venue fee for me?

Better yet, Venue fee Money match? Loser pays the winners venue fee
I'll take you up on this lol Fox Falco

lol, that sucks. :) Haha, remember that comeback vs chillin @ vLS crews? :)
link?

last time i went to toywiz and won they ***** the pot without telling me til the end. wasnt even posted in the thread. dont trust them a bit and thats why i havent considered going. i just know the owners are pricks
Good thing this doesn't affect me going because there is a 0% chance of me placing in the money :laugh:

unless you can "work" from home, then it's ****ing sweet!

Pakman.Friends["Mogwai"].Hate++;
You lucky ******* lol coming into work today suuuuuuuucked

man when i hold my next huge tourney im gonna make sure i walk out with at least 2k for myself, as that seems to be the new trend.
You're not Manacloud.

JFox

Smash Hero
No one is takin money here, we just don't have the best venue for this thing. New york blows when it comes to venues, lol. Had we known from the start that this **** would have blown up to be this big, we would have changed things from the start.

This could have been a 2 day tourney, with both days being used for singles and doubles, but now people have plane tix so that can't happen. We could have upped singles price to make a better pot, but now people are sayin they can't afford this as is, so we are reluctant to lose people so that pros can make more money.**** just went crazy and snowballed fast, and we are makin the best of it.

But all money issues aside, we have still managed to make things so that we are having a kick *** time playing the best game ever. There's going to be 100+ people here, 25 of which are like super pro at this game, lol. We are having a whole day devoted to just having fun doing stuff like crews, low tiers, money matches, and friendlies. We currently have 45 full setups pre-registered! Thats like a setup for every 2 people practically. Thats amazing!

Like I said earlier, this tournament isn't going to boost your bankroll. This isn't the optimal price or payout for a 100 man tournament, granted. But this **** will be three times as epic, I guarantee it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
is the store taking a set cut (i.e., say, "$1000" or whatever) or are they just taking $$? per person?

if it's the second (which it seems like it is), then it doesn't really make sense not to collect once each day, and only charge the people for when they show up... what about people who only show up day 2? they wouldn't pay at all, right? not like this would actually happen, but the store doesn't know that, so why are they charging as if it won't?

JFox

Smash Hero
Toywiz is not taking a cut of the pot, it is simply charging $20 per person, which includes 2 days of play. ($10 per day- if you skip out day 2, you don't get your money's worth)

Anyone who comes just day 2 (sunday), as unlikely as that is, will have to pay $10 to play for the day.

Yea I know, "why do people that come just day 1 pay less than people that come just day 2?!" Well folks, thats the magic of business. Toy wiz is a business, and they wanna make sure that if they are closing down their store for day 2, that they don't get screwed for it. So come days 1 and 2 and get your money's worth.

Alukard

Smash Hero
also i initially asked about payouts earlier b4 chu brought it back up and no one cared ... it was probably around a time where another beast pro was confirmed and everyone was going ape **** for him lol

i can change payouts its no problem .... changing entrance might hurt the pot more then anything ... also the pot ****** was done by the previous TO bailey or so i've herd ... so no plank there will be no pot **** because i have ran a big tourney b4. Why would i do sumthing stupid ... then i would lose my job and my rep as a TO on smashboards and i'll be the one making a fake name to come to this tournament.

plank ... i f*cking wish i was making 2G's. We have to pay for tables,chairs, help extra hours in the store... wat u think employees are just going to work 14 hrs and expect normal pay ... plus the store has to make money for both days we are completely shutting down there income for tcg tournaments because they use the back room ... but thanks for coming in here and tryin to create drama again ... ur an amazing jerk

Thanatos*~

Smash Apprentice
Why is it when MD/VA post its always negative or a complaint?

just don't show, I am pretty sure you won't be missed.

not talkin about boss8 tho
:colorful:

Alukard

Smash Hero
I think the top 5 payout is a good idea without altering the entrance fee.

Seems to be the best compromise.
yea thats wat i was thinking ... and it does make sense since practically everyone is coming and its a pretty dam good turnout expected ..

so i mean i'll change it on the first page to top 5 payouts and if too many people dislike it i'll put it back ... =]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Why is it when MD/VA post its always negative or a complaint?

just don't show, I am pretty sure you won't be missed.

not talkin about boss8 tho
:colorful:
Because they're all about Brawl so they suck. That game has made them all complainers. I try to change this, but believe me, it's hard to get people to play Melee in this region :(

LLDL

Smash Hero
Drakula, lol, with those name tags, are we gonna be able to pin them on our shirt, or like a wrist band kind of thing?

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Oh snap. My father "miraculously" put money in the bank. I can enter singles now! Maybe even teams! And maybe get some lunch! (maybe even fight a n***a or two! mmm, mmm b****!)

JFox

Smash Hero
Drakula, lol, with those name tags, are we gonna be able to pin them on our shirt, or like a wrist band kind of thing?
They are gonna be sticky. You know, like the ones that say "hello my name is" and than u right ur name in the box and stick it to ur shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom