• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The revitalizing power of Pokemon Change

SouthpawHare

Smash Cadet
It's somewhat useful to note that Pokemon Change is one of the few ways to end various status effects, whether generally negative (poison mushroom), positive (starman), or potentially both (metal).

The Following effects or items are canceled when using Pokemon Change:
~Miniature size
~Super size
~Starman Invincibility
~Lip's Flower
~Metal
~Superspicy Curry effect
~Gooey Bomb Attachment
~Smokeball Attachment
~Franklin Badge equip
~Screw Attack equip
~Bunny Hood equip
~Ownership of thrown Pokeball before activating

The Following effects or items are NOT canceled when using Pokemon Change:
~Smash Ball Power
~Healing in progress
~Slowed
~Ownership of a Pokeball Pokemon once released
~Ownership of an Assist Trophy character
~Ownership of a Hothead
~Ownership of a Unira

SouthpawHare

Smash Cadet
It was on the ProjectMK forum I was previously on. But alas, they all switched to Mario Kart Wii when it came out, and Brawl was forgotten ='(

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
You forgot that your summons (pokeballs, assist trophies), don't belong to you after you switch, in fact you can be hurt by them. Ex: Squirtle gets a Chikorita(the little fire bird), and switches to Ivysaur, if Ivysaur walks into the flames he get damaged.

I haven't played with items in a while, but I am fairly certain about this, but confirmation from someone else would be nice.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
You forgot that your summons (pokeballs, assist trophies), don't belong to you after you switch, in fact you can be hurt by them. Ex: Squirtle gets a Chikorita(the little fire bird), and switches to Ivysaur, if Ivysaur walks into the flames he get damaged.

I haven't played with items in a while, but I am fairly certain about this, but confirmation from someone else would be nice.
chikorita uses razor leaf you're talking about torchic

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
I was unaware of this. 0_0 Does this apply to things like the Hotheads and Uniras?

Zamuel

Smash Cadet
I just thought of something--does this stop/slow the effects of Luigi's Negative Zone (if caught in the beginning/airborne, I know you'd be out of luck at the end).

SouthpawHare

Smash Cadet
I didn't think that this topic would actually attract much interest or many questions. I'll be happy to investigate or confirm everything that's been mentioned, and update the list.

SouthpawHare

Smash Cadet
Alright.... it seems that the Pokemon is confirmed, but only if the Change completes before the ball hits the ground and activates, as it is not the same character that threw it. Once the pokemon is released, however, they will not turn against you after you switch.

Hotheads and Uniras do not change ownership, even if you switch out before they touch the ground and activate. I had to make a custom stage to stage this sufficiently, but it seems true. Additionally, assist trophies don't give you any opportunity to Change before they activate, due to the unique way you break them open.

Top Bottom