• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
STILL no word on Codejunkies, even after my extremely ranty email (see at it pownce.com/psyniac_123) I'll cancel my order Thursday morning and get the Freeloader from 365games instead if I don't hear anything. What kind of price can I expect there? And they're in the UK, roght?

Wolfling

Smash Rookie
Has anyone that ordered from play-asia with fedex delivery been able to track their package, I've been trying but the fedex tracking system doesn't seem to recognize my tracking number.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
****, got to be at school at 11. hope post comes soon! Im waiting in my brothers edroom coz it's downstairs next to the front door. C'MON POSTMAN!!! i really hope it gets delivered today.

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
My order from Codejunkies says "In Transit" and it's location is Swansea, which is a city not that far from my town. The time of it's last location is 8.16 so hopefully the Freeloader will be here 2day.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I ordered my freeloader and Brawl from the same place as a package. It said 3 days delivery so I'm expecting them both either tomorrow or thursday.

I can't wait to join in with the complainers:laugh:

auroreon

Smash Ace
I recieved the Freeloader about an hour ago, i bought it off ebay, which is probably your best bet if you want it quickly.

Unfortuanatly my copy of brawl won't be here untill tommororw so I can't test foriegn games and confirm brawl is working, i know, kinda useless huh. sorry.

When you putthe disc into your Wii you wait around 8 seconds and then the colours on your Wii menu go all screwy for a couple of seconds, it does that twice. Don't worry, thats what the booklet says it should do. After that you take out the freeloader and insert a Wii game then go to the disc channel and bingo!... imported gaming goodness.

I have tried this with my European: Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports and Super Paper Mario. They all worked fine, but they are EU so not really a great indication.

If you go to the disc channel while the freeloader is in, it will display unable to read game disc.

dabookerman

Smash Rookie
I recieved the Freeloader about an hour ago, i bought it off ebay, which is probably your best bet if you want it quickly.

Unfortuanatly my copy of brawl won't be here untill tommororw so I can't test foriegn games and confirm brawl is working, i know, kinda useless huh. sorry.

When you putthe disc into your Wii you wait around 8 seconds and then the colours on your Wii menu go all screwy for a couple of seconds, it does that twice. Don't worry, thats what the booklet says it should do. After that you take out the freeloader and insert a Wii game then go to the disc channel and bingo!... imported gaming goodness.

I have tried this with my European: Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports and Super Paper Mario. They all worked fine, but they are EU so not really a great indication.

If you go to the disc channel while the freeloader is in, it will display unable to read game disc.
Excellent news. Could you please if possible provide us with pics, you would kinda be the first person to do so.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
thanks so much for that auroreon, at least we now know the instructions. I will try the second i get back, if i have them by then. should be here today, i got an email saying that it was sent yesturday and therefore should be arriving very soon. It was first class, so it takes 1-2 days but i bought it Sunday so wednesday at the latest... I cant wait to finish school today. hopefully m drama teacher doesnt ask me to stay behind, but when halo 3 came out she did and here was our convo;
'Chris, stay behind you need to do your health and safety'
'miss... i have to go'
'where? why?'
'gamestation... to finish the fight'
'What? Chris, seriously, ou aren't going to a games shop when you have work to do... Chris?' at that point I was gone.
I'm looking forward to SSBB more than halo 3 so i could imagine it going like this this time;
'Chris you.... Chris???'

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
right, got to set off to school now, still no post. I will hurry back and if i have brawl+freeloader when i return, i will video me taking the freeloader, popping it in the wii, ejecting it and popping in brawl, and checking wifi.
Although i suppose i could stay off and say I was at the doctors... what should i do?

EDIT: Right, the latest i can set off is 10:45, so if i have it by then, i will stay off. if i dont, i will go to school and hurry home at 12.

auroreon

Smash Ace
lol, acctually I'm not in school, but its cos I really am ill.

by the way, I am using firmware version 3.2E

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
I bet you are Auroreon ;-)
the good thing about my school is that if i fanc waiting for something like brawl, i tell my mam that my lesson got cancelled, and i tell my teacher that i was at the doctors or hospital or dentist or just say i was ill. it always works too! anywa... i think i will stay off... im not sure though, i wanna go do some drama, but im not even sure if we are performing or just writing. I hope brawl gets here, then im not going... 7 mins left before i have to go...

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
same with my brawl+freeloader deal, although it MUST come today... it must come today but tomorrow isnt as bad as it seems.... only 24 hours, which is like... 1440 minutes i think... and thats like... 86400... i used calculator for that second one lol.

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
OMG the postman just drove into the street but didn't drop anything off! I'm so gutted. It's only in Swansea tho! It's not even tha far :(

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I'm at school right now. D= Going to to check to see if it got delivered at 3 15 at home. My mum got it probably if it was.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Ok, I made a quick video of me putting the freeloader in the Wii, just to show you what it does. I would make it more detailed but it was recorded on a crappy digital camera that only allows 30 seconds of video. Uploading it in a minute.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
According to some people on various forums who have contacted CodeJunkies...all orders that were placed before Sunday will be shipped out by the end of the working day today

Hopefully its true as my Brawl is enroute but my Freeloader isnt

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Ok, I made a quick video of me putting the freeloader in the Wii, just to show you what it does. I would make it more detailed but it was recorded on a crappy digital camera that only allows 30 seconds of video. Uploading it in a minute.
Thank you.

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
LOL How annoying 2 think I took the day of college so I wudent miss the post..... In the words of Hikaru Utada "A.S.A.P"!

dabookerman

Smash Rookie
We need vid links ASAP, it's amazing how no one has done one yet. One guy on a different forum says he tested out NMH US but doesnt wanna post a video.

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
The Freeloader worked! Im playing Brawl! I don't have a digital cam so I can't film nowt sorry guys.

Oh yeah Ill be offline 4 a bit 2 c if Brawl fully works ok? Bye!

Top Bottom