• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
holy ****, Brawl just delivered today. Im un UK and it came only one day after the release.....fackin impressive if u ask me.

I NEED THE ****ING FREELOADER NOW. Have to watch Brawl and cant play it :(

Wolfling

Smash Rookie
At least your customs doesn't hold your package and then send you a notice 2 weeks later informing that you have to pickup it up and ends up overcharging you even more.

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
Wicked as, I might trt BMC then. PM me your Wii code im allways looking for more NZers to play with
I would but can't go online with Wii (that's why I'm worried about Brawl not working, my currnet firmware is 3.0E and I can't update :().
I don't know why the wi-fi usb connector doesn't work....stupid slingshot

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I would but can't go online with Wii (that's why I'm worried about Brawl not working, my currnet firmware is 3.0E and I can't update :().
Wow, that really sucks. If you can't update the firmware at all to play your Brawl...

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Ok I Now emailed Codejumkies about how long they think it will take, Yeah because I hate waiting longer than I should.

William101

Smash Cadet
Whoops must have missed that bit in your post. I just have a wireless router and connect to that through my Wii ( I think I scanned for it and it picked it up when I was first getting online with it). You could by a USB LAN adapter and have a cable running from your router to the Wii (thats what my mate has done), also thats what ill be doing to reduce lagg when playing on wifi.

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
I think brawl comes with the 3.2U update, so I guess you might need the 3.2E update from the net for brawl to work properly. Of course, not sure

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Wouldn't Brawl come with 3.2(Different Letter if from America or Japan?) And it might not work with a PAL Wii?

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Apparently someone from code junkies said they had to do the update that came with brawl, but doing the dual boot method, then he could play it normally. By the time the US copies of Brawl were made the Freeloader wasnt release so I doubt Brawl will brick the freeloader/wii :)

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Apparently someone from code junkies said they had to do the update that came with brawl, but doing the dual boot method, then he could play it normally. By the time the US copies of Brawl were made the Freeloader wasnt release so I doubt Brawl will brick the freeloader/wii :)
Wouldnt adding the firmware from another region brick the system though

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
If it's a complete firmware update, then yes, but if it's a game specific firmware update, then all the updates might be the same in all regions

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Wouldnt adding the firmware from another region brick the system though
Good points...Either Brawl only has a game specific update, Codejunkies are lying pieces of ****, or a complete firmware update wont brick it

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I guess I should wait until somebody confirms this to work before I go ordering it.

But it should work for a Japanese Brawl on a PAL Wii at least, right?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Well I have mine ordered and they both (Brawl & Freeloader) should be shipping today...I just wanna know if it'll work or not :/

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Yea I've got my Brawl, and well my order of the freeloader has been on "shipped" since friday, so it should be here pretty soon....

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
So where is everyone buying their copies of Brawl for Australia from? Because Play-Asia has the NTSC one for around $60, but i'm not sure about postage. Is there any cheaper? Also with the Freeloader which is cheapest shipping to Australia.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I'm now truly fed up with Codejunkies so I've ordered somewhere else. Divineo has the Freeloader in stock and says they'll ship within 24 hours, so I gave that a try. As soon as it ships I'm canceling my Codejunkies order.

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
I think it's awful to have brawl before your freeloader, but you need both of them to play, so I won't care if one comes before the other... I hope my copy of brawl gets shipped today from play-asia, as it's now available and preparing...

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
1) I ordered my freeloader from bmc and brawl from someone on ebay, will i have any customs charges?

2) Yay, my order from 365 games has been dispatched. (i ordered a second copy of each for my mate)

3) hey serebii, i use your website a lot. It's great!

kereo

Smash Cadet
Hey Chrisking570, is that 365games site trustworthy? I live in the Netherlands if that matters. That offer is just what I am looking for, no chance to get brawl before the freeloader, cause then the game would just be taunting me :p

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
:O S*** i didnt know that, I'm gonna get killed for that. any idea how much?

EDIT: Kereo, i think they are trustworthy. I am waiting for the delivery but i will let you know when i get it.

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
Yea I've got my Brawl, and well my order of the freeloader has been on "shipped" since friday, so it should be here pretty soon....
Wicked. Let us know soon...I'm desperate to know if it works :D

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Ah, i wont get customs charges from the freeloader (bmc) or the brawl+freeloader package (365games) as they are in the UK. but i will for brawl by itself (as its from Ohio) i will have to tell my mate so he can pay me the money, lol.
But i might have my copy of brawl+freeloader tomorrow if im lucky, and the first thing i will do is pop the freeloader in, eject and put in brawl, see what happens, post here, BRAWL (hopefully)

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Hey, I think I remember someone said this before but I don't remember.

Why does Codejunkies UPS Tracking number won't work?

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Cant believe I have Brawl and not the freeloader even though I ordered the Freeloader 3 days before I did Brawl, and Brawl was imported from America, and i ordered the Freeloader from the UK...

My copy of Brawl is laughing at me...it sucks :(

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Cant believe I have Brawl and not the freeloader even though I ordered the Freeloader 3 days before I did Brawl, and Brawl was imported from America, and i ordered the Freeloader from the UK...

My copy of Brawl is laughing at me...it sucks :(
I know how it feels, I want to go to the Codejunkies HQ and Falcon Punch the owner in the face.

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
Cancelled my order from Codejunkies. The site is a joke.

I've ordered through Divineo which offers next day delivery. Hopefully it'll work.

Top Bottom