• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm getting Brawl in 2 days, I don't give a **** about the PAL release date now. I've accepted that it's gonna be 2009 and done something about it.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Bahaha, PAL release?
I'd forget about that for now. NOE aint getting off their ***** for a while. May as well import.

DVD Smith: Could you not leave a note on the door on Monday telling them to leave it somewhere like in a garage or something? Or do you live in a flat?

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
DVD Smith: Could you not leave a note on the door on Monday telling them to leave it somewhere like in a garage or something? Or do you live in a flat?
I still live at home with my parents, but they're at work all day so the house is lying empty between 9 and 4 most days. I can't think of any way where I can leave a note that says anything other than 'just put it through the letterbox'. Which hopefully they might. I just hope there isn't a customs fee to pay on delivery.

William101

Smash Cadet
Mine already says it's ready to be shipped to my house. Expected delivery is tomorrow. Nice.

Got an email from BMC. They say they've received their shipment of Freeloaders, but are going through back-orders. They failed to answer my question about when they will be shipping the Freeloaders though. I've ordered another one on Divineo, and I'm going to sell the one from BMC on Ebay as BMC sounds like they're gonna take a while to ship them now.
Whats this Divineo website that you ordered from, im most deffinately going to order today and want to order from the place that will be the fastest. As you mentioned BMC are filling back orders so ill try Divineo. Link Please? :)

craiigg

Smash Lord
All you UK members you do realised theres Uk threads under Regionals section, including a Brawl tournament =)

pineconerotten

Smash Rookie
Hello, australian smasher here getting brawl imported from gamestop and freeloader from ozmodchips, brawl arrived today (monday), freeloader isnt here yet however i can confirm on page 03 of the manual there is a screen shot and it says that there is a system menu update, just confirming in case it wasn't already certain

"Please note that when first loading the game disc into the wii console the wii will check if you have the latest system menu and if necessary a wii system update screen will appear press ok to proceed"

William101

Smash Cadet
I just ordered Brawl off Play Asia, as they have now filled all back orders I think. I still have to get a freeloader which I might get of that ozmodchips,com website like Pineconerotten mentioned since its AUS it will be more easier for me.

Edit: Dam they dont ship to NZ I dont think, will have to try find another website that does. :) Ill update if I find a good one.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Hello, australian smasher here getting brawl imported from gamestop and freeloader from ozmodchips, brawl arrived today (monday), freeloader isnt here yet however i can confirm on page 03 of the manual there is a screen shot and it says that there is a system menu update, just confirming in case it wasn't already certain

"Please note that when first loading the game disc into the wii console the wii will check if you have the latest system menu and if necessary a wii system update screen will appear press ok to proceed"
Brawl already there?! Shouldn't be too long until Freeloader if it's from OzModChips. You may be the first to tell.

EDIT: Unless of course someone else has it already. o_O

Okay, I'm just going ahead to say it. Should I get the darn thing now, or should I wait? This is killing me.

EDIT2: How long has it been since your Brawl discs and Freeloaders have been shipped?

I think it has been 4 days, which means I would get Brawl and the freeloader about...Monday, if I ordered 2 days from now (I'm awaiting DVD Smith's trial) OR Friday...possibly? If I do it now...*sigh* Another week without Brawl guaranteed.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Get it :D I doubt they would mass produce a product which doesnt work...its been tested im sure :)

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
I just ordered Brawl off Play Asia, as they have now filled all back orders I think. I still have to get a freeloader which I might get of that ozmodchips,com website like Pineconerotten mentioned since its AUS it will be more easier for me.

Edit: Dam they dont ship to NZ I dont think, will have to try find another website that does. :) Ill update if I find a good one.
I live in NZ I got mine from ebay (bmc digital). I emailed them on friday and they said they're getting the freeloaders today.

ozmodchips do ship to NZ but costs like $14 :(

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/wii-dfr.html - they have them available now and cheaper.

Also, I got a question. My firmware is 3.0E. I can't access internet with my Wii (bought a wi-fi USB connector but it didn't work) so can't update. Do you think it's safe to try Brawl on 3.0E??

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Shame to hear about bmc. If I don't get it by Friday I won't be worried. Will bmc's be here by at least then? I don't think I'll be ordering another one.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Well, my Brawl is now officially 'Out For Delivery', it's just been scanned in Scotland. So it should be here in a couple hours. And STILL NO BLOODY FREELOADER!!!

But still, all props to GameStop - I expected to be waiting a week after the US release!!

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
I live in NZ I got mine from ebay (bmc digital). I emailed them on friday and they said they're getting the freeloaders today.

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/wii-dfr.html - they have them available now and cheaper.

Also, I got a question. My firmware is 3.0E. I can't access internet with my Wii (bought a wi-fi USB connector but it didn't work) so can't update. Do you think it's safe to try Brawl on 3.0E??
i doubt it mate, i think you need 3.2E.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
YAY! the status of my order is now 'being picked'
freeloader + brawl on wednesday! If it's a real site, they have bonused a new customer and i have bonused brawl!

Urser

Smash Apprentice
YAY! the status of my order is now 'being picked'
freeloader + brawl on wednesday! If it's a real site, they have bonused a new customer and i have bonused brawl!
Would you mind telling me what site you're using to buy the free loader and Brawl from? :)

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
I've recently ordered brawl from play-asia and a freeloader from codejunkies. Now my brawl is being prepared on play-asia, payment is already made and my order page say they are preparing shipment. My freeloader is shipped and paid, but it doesn't have a tracking number (yet). I'm hoping to have both before next monday.:bee:

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I've recently ordered brawl from play-asia and a freeloader from codejunkies. Now my brawl is being prepared on play-asia, payment is already made and my order page say they are preparing shipment. My freeloader is shipped and paid, but it doesn't have a tracking number (yet). I'm hoping to have both before next monday.:bee:
Hang on, how recently did you order the Freeloader? Because I'm gonna SCREAM if they're shipping out new orders while ignoring the old ones.

William101

Smash Cadet

Wicked as, I might trt BMC then. PM me your Wii code im allways looking for more NZers to play with

ZeldaDestiny

Smash Rookie
Just ordered one, along with a US copy of Brawl. I can hold off updating until the UK version comes out - I just hope they don't sneak a Freeloader-breaking update into the Mario Kart Wii disc.
warning to all, the US version of brawl includes a MASSIVE wii update. hope it deosn't screw anyone.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Well, my Brawl is now officially 'Out For Delivery', it's just been scanned in Scotland. So it should be here in a couple hours. And STILL NO BLOODY FREELOADER!!!

But still, all props to GameStop - I expected to be waiting a week after the US release!!
Good to see I'm not the only in this prediciment. My Brawl could could be here today as well, and no word on the Freeloader :mad: Codejunkies will be getting a very angry email from me later.

William101

Smash Cadet
I just ordered my Freeloader from Divineo, Says it ships within 24 hours of payment cleared on an open day. So it should get shipped within a day hopefully and should arrive just after my Brawl copy.

William101

Smash Cadet
Holy dam thats heaps, Im most likely going to get charged up the *** aswell with customs. So DVD Smith your just waiting on the Freeloader from Codejunkies?

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, my Brawl came this morning. 24 Euro customs charge, greeding ****ers. My Freeloader still hasn't even shipped though, so I'm pretty pissed of with Codejunkies now. Sent them an e-mail and I'm also calling around to see if any nearby game stores already have a Freeloader. If I find a store I'll simply cancel my Codejunkies order and buy it there.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Hm, has codejunkies announced a releasedate for their Freeloader yet? If they haven't, you really can't expect them to ship it immediately, unless there are other sites that sells Freeloaders that they've already shipped.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Hm, has codejunkies announced a releasedate for their Freeloader yet? If they haven't, you really can't expect them to ship it immediately, unless there are other sites that sells Freeloaders that they've already shipped.
Mine has said shipped for quite a wile now but not yet delivered.

Also anyone else find it quite even more anoyying the wait when you have Brawl right beside you and you can't play it? lol I even tried to make it work without the freeloader. :chuckle:

Top Bottom