• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The reason why Toon link/Wind waker link is better than adult link(kinda long)

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
People tend to underestimate Wind Waker link's greatness, but i'm here to set the record straight with a short comparison of the various link aparitions. We'll begin with Orcarina Link.

Yes no one can deny him being a cool cat, however he never wanted the Job of being an adventurer he's an un schooled orphan kid who grew up with forest creatures, had a whole bunch of crap put on his plate. In the process he managed to destroy the world and save it in the space of 7 yrs. However he never wanted this hero job to begin with.(Not Very HARDCORE)

Twilight Princess link is a Young adult farm boy/adventurer whose only dream was none other than that of a life of adventure (including saving the world). He got his wish. Hence the reason why the game was about 60 hours long, he loves this stuff.(Kinda HardCore) Meh....

WW Link on the other hand is a 10 yr old kid who just stayed home from school to play on his Birthday and generally do kid Sh**. BOOM!!!! CRAWWWW!!!! all of a sudden his sister got kidnapped. WTF!!!! A ten yr old kid isn't lookin forward to this kinda stuff, he wants to fly his kyte....... Alas the agenda changed. This wasn't a mission to save the world. WW link was out for Vengance...... He was out for Blllllooooooodddd!!!!*Grim expression here* Why do you think he killed Ganon so brutally in that game..... Think about it!!!! (HARDCORE Level- Level 9 Melee Fox)

Hence the reason why toon link is the better of the two links in brawl. Thank me later....

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
Reason why Toon Link is better than any other Link:

HE HAD A PERSONALITY AND TOTALLY ****ING STABBED GANON IN THE FOREHEAD JESUS CHRIST I DID NOT SEE THAT LEVEL OF EPIC COMING.

spindash

Smash Ace
Reason why Toon Link is better than any other Link:

HE HAD A PERSONALITY AND TOTALLY ****ING STABBED GANON IN THE FOREHEAD JESUS CHRIST I DID NOT SEE THAT LEVEL OF EPIC COMING.
I dunno, Twilight Princess' Link had a lot of personality to him as well. I mean, sure, the expressions can really be flexed in the more cartoony style that Toon Link is established in (in a very good way), but Link just felt so...well, I just really found myself connecting to that Link in Twilight Princess.

Stabbing through the forehead is one thing, but I also love the sick irony of Link impaling Ganondorf with the Master Sword, in the SAME wound that was inflicted by the very sword that Ganondorf wields. Not to mention that Ganondorf just cried out in agony afterwards. Pwned man. Pwned.

Twilight Princess!Link and Toon Link for the epic win.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Now that you mention it TP link was kinda popular with the ladies....

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Toon Link had no personality in TWW/PH. He just had facial expressions.

Link in TP has those too, and his aren't painted on.

Toon Link's are just far more exaggerated.

However, did he do far more in TWW than Link did in TP? Yes. TP Link was Midna's ***** and really was only a part of the story as a deus ex machina for her to justify it being a Zelda game and not "The Legend of Twili".

Toon Link also had a better set of options for what moves he COULD'VE used. Ranging from items in TWW to The Minish Cap.

spindash

Smash Ace

However, did he do far more in TWW than Link did in TP? Yes. TP Link was Midna's ***** and really was only a part of the story as a deus ex machina for her to justify it being a Zelda game and not "The Legend of Twili".

Toon Link also had a better set of options for what moves he COULD'VE used. Ranging from items in TWW to The Minish Cap.
Hmmm... By the logic of TP Link being Midna's *****, wouldn't that mean that every single Link was the world's *****? XD Because he's being told to go here, go there, get a sword and shield. Go hit stuff. Save the world.

Coooool.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Why your wrong

OoT Link was 10 too... And he killed Ganon by stabbing his sword down his throat. I'd say that's pretty hardcore.

And your argument was written in a very biased way.

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
Why your wrong

OoT Link was 10 too... And he killed Ganon by stabbing his sword down his throat. I'd say that's pretty hardcore.

And your argument was written in a very biased way.
I thought he only did that as an Adult though.

Only thing he did as a kid that was cool was totally spy on some lesbos at Gerudo's Fortress.

Igneous42

Smash Ace

Only thing he did as a kid that was cool was totally spy on some lesbos at Gerudo's Fortress.
Yeah he did do that part as an adult (well more correctly a 17 year old) but he still did much of the adventure as a kid.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface

heh heh... he spied on Ganondorf too in Hyrule castle..... GASP!!!! Young LInk is a PEEPING TOM!

Hukuzo

Smash Rookie

The Link in Wind Waker is a different Link from that of Minish Cap.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Can i say that Toon Link is right to not have any wind waker items for this simple reason.

Toon Link is young Link. Most links throughout the franchise have been children and most consider young Link to be the "true" Link.

So lets say that before the next smash game a 3D Zelda game is created with young Link in the lead role. A new brawl game would takes on Links appearance Like it's done for TP and WW. But if toon(AKA young) Link had been given the deku leaf in brawl but didn't use it in his next Zelda game, that would be a huge continuity error.

Both Links in brawl use the bow and arrow, bombs, the boomerang and the hookshot because these moves have always been around and will carry on through all the LoZ franchise.

*Semi-on topic rant over*

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Stabbing someone in the forehead really can't be beaten in the way of epicness and most humiliating death ever.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Stabbing someone in the forehead really can't be beaten in the way of epicness and most humiliating death ever.
Gotta say original unedited OoT still wins in my book. Slash, blood flies, slash again, more blood flies then down the throat.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Toon Link is the best kind of Link, because he supports WW, PH and most recent 2D Zeldas. With no other Link can you make Four Swords based battles.

I actually prefer Young Link (Majora's Mask Link is the best) but the Four Swords thing is undeniably cool.

MrEmperor

Smash Cadet
Toon Link is the best kind of Link, because he supports WW, PH and most recent 2D Zeldas. With no other Link can you make Four Swords based battles.

I actually prefer Young Link (Majora's Mask Link is the best) but the Four Swords thing is undeniably cool.
Four Swords battle! Yay!

"You are the weakest link..." "Get the Force Gems!" :p

mood4food77

Smash Hero
at least toon link is not link or young link

toon link is a link hundreds of years after link saved hyrule like a trillion times, it says so in WW i think

but yea, toon link is far cooler than link, even if he is cartoonish

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
at least toon link is not link or young link

toon link is a link hundreds of years after link saved hyrule like a trillion times, it says so in WW i think

but yea, toon link is far cooler than link, even if he is cartoonish
Toon Link is not exclusive to WW/PH, he's also based on Minish Cap and Four Swords Link (and arguably some of the older Links because of his classic colour scheme), so like Young Link, he's various different Links.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
People tend to underestimate Wind Waker link's greatness, but i'm here to set the record straight with a short comparison of the various link aparitions. We'll begin with Orcarina Link.

Yes no one can deny him being a cool cat, however he never wanted the Job of being an adventurer he's an un schooled orphan kid who grew up with forest creatures, had a whole bunch of crap put on his plate. In the process he managed to destroy the world and save it in the space of 7 yrs. However he never wanted this hero job to begin with.(Not Very HARDCORE)

Twilight Princess link is a Young adult farm boy/adventurer whose only dream was none other than that of a life of adventure (including saving the world). He got his wish. Hence the reason why the game was about 60 hours long, he loves this stuff.(Kinda HardCore) Meh....

WW Link on the other hand is a 10 yr old kid who just stayed home from school to play on his Birthday and generally do kid Sh**. BOOM!!!! CRAWWWW!!!! all of a sudden his sister got kidnapped. WTF!!!! A ten yr old kid isn't lookin forward to this kinda stuff, he wants to fly his kyte....... Alas the agenda changed. This wasn't a mission to save the world. WW link was out for Vengance...... He was out for Blllllooooooodddd!!!!*Grim expression here* Why do you think he killed Ganon so brutally in that game..... Think about it!!!! (HARDCORE Level- Level 9 Melee Fox)

Hence the reason why toon link is the better of the two links in brawl. Thank me later....
Did you SEE the ending to twilight princess?, and everone knows that OOT (also MM) link is the greatest, he had to go through 7 years to save the world, kill ganondorf, then kill ganon (all of which he did for zelda) and he showed no mercy. This dude was hardcore and try and find someone who disagrees with me. He had 3 girlfriends (one of which he actually liked) and he rescued the 7 sages.

What did WW link do? He mindlessly tried to rescue his sister, and the only reason he survived is because of tetra, her crew, and his boat. I mean seriosly he got taken out easy by ganondorf the first time he tried, that kid aint hardcore.

Edit: anyone who disagrees with me must not have been old enough to appreciate the GOOD zeldas (OOT mostly) because real hardcore zelda fans will never leave Ocarina of time.
And if nobody noticed, Twilight Princess was a try at remaking the greatest zelda game ever (and yet to come)

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i like how toon links bombs make the cartoony smoke when they blow up in brawl like they do in wind waker..nice detail there

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Real hardcore Zelda fans know that MM is the greatest Zelda ever :D And therefore MM Link is the greatest Link ever.

Also, I disagree with your unappreciation of WW Link. He was TEN. You gotta give it to him. He was a pretty **** ninja 10 year old.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
At least OOT link was able to fight Ganondorf/Ganon without Zeldas help (exept for after the battle) and you tell me who would win in this pairing:

OOT link vs WW link, OOT link has: Years of eexperiience, actual fighting skills, a height of over 3 feet, Longer weopon range, annoying killer fairy.
WW link has: Childish rage, Gradmas soup, short range

Winner: OOT link (it doesnt need votes, we already know the answer.

(also another fact, OOT link as been in multiple games ( like MM)

I have nothing against WW link, I own wind waker, and I beat it, but I have played OOT (unlike some of the other people here, who only heard of it and critisized it blindly) and thhough OOT link might not have that much emotion, (but if you paid attention to the game there was actually a lot) he (unlike WW link) did his amazing quest to help people, (not to act like a 3 year old and go on a wild frenzy looking for his sister)
And OOT link was decently hardcore, that is to be noted. OOT was just a great game, and hands down the best zelda game yet. And it ows some of its success to it main character (who is at least one of the best links)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
At least OOT link was able to fight Ganondorf/Ganon without Zeldas help (exept for after the battle) and you tell me who would win in this pairing:

OOT link vs WW link, OOT link has: Years of eexperiience, actual fighting skills, a height of over 3 feet, Longer weopon range, annoying killer fairy.
WW link has: Childish rage, Gradmas soup, short range

Winner: OOT link (it doesnt need votes, we already know the answer.
I disagree a lot. Grandma's Soup was the stuff of Legends. Also, WW Link didn't just search for his sister, because even after he had saved his sister, he went on to do much more dangerous things.

Adult Link doesn't mean better either, because many Zelda fans would argue that Young Link is better.

(also another fact, OOT link as been in multiple games ( like MM)
(also another fact, WW Link has been in multiple games (like PH)

he (unlike WW link) did his amazing quest to help people, (not to act like a 3 year old and go on a wild frenzy looking for his sister)
And OOT link was decently hardcore, that is to be noted. OOT was just a great game, and hands down the best zelda game yet. And it ows some of its success to it main character (who is at least one of the best links)
WW Link also saved the world, and nearly saved an entire other world, Hyrule, and did a pretty good job exploring the Great Sea by himself. Also, OoT isn't the best Zelda hands down, because many (me included) would argue MM was better :p

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The Link in Wind Waker is a different Link from that of Minish Cap.
Um...

Toon Link isn't just The Wind Waker Link.

That's why I said "Toon Link".

Toon Link represents all of the Links that are designed like that (Four Swords/FSA/TMC/TWW/PH).

Just like Link represents any Link other than those ones.

Link in Melee/SSB64 had the Boomerang, yet you can't use that as an adult.
Link in Soul Calibur 2 can use weapons from Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Zelda 1, and Ocarina of Time. I'm pretty sure those aren't the same Links.

And Zelda never turned into Sheik in Twilight Princess. Never used the magic spells she has (which are from Ocarina of Time) ever.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Adult Link doesn't mean better either, because many Zelda fans would argue that Young Link is better.
Lol, I Dont mean ONLY adult link, I mean OOT (and MM) link in all, both young and adult. (both have equal experience because young link still has the memories of being adult link)

SuperLink9:3973912 said:
OoT isn't the best Zelda hands down, because many (me included) would argue MM was better :p
MM was good, better then TP, but i've checked many polls on the subject and OOT gets roughply 70% of voters for all the zelda games.

Moldy Clay said:
Um...

Toon Link isn't just The Wind Waker Link.

That's why I said "Toon Link".

Toon Link represents all of the Links that are designed like that (Four Swords/FSA/TMC/TWW/PH).

Just like Link represents any Link other than those ones.

Link in Melee/SSB64 had the Boomerang, yet you can't use that as an adult.
Link in Soul Calibur 2 can use weapons from Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Zelda 1, and Ocarina of Time. I'm pretty sure those aren't the same Links.

And Zelda never turned into Sheik in Twilight Princess. Never used the magic spells she has (which are from Ocarina of Time) ever.
OOT link if supposedly not form any other games then OOT, MM and (still speculatoin) LoZ original.

And I will say it again, TP is highly thought to be the spriitual remake of OOT

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Why is it that "real" zelda fans will always choose OoT over WW? I liked WW way more because of the huge interactive environment(ie: Auction house, the little kids on Windfall Island) Also, The WW Link was much more likeable, IMO. He had funny facial expressions that always made me chuckle a bit. I'm a real Zelda fan, and OoT was one of my least favorite LoZ games. And WW isn't the only one I've played besides it.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The Wind Waker Link is 12 (confirmed by either Aonuma or Miyamoto; In old interviews they kept referencing getting the Hero's Clothes on their 12th birthday).

Twilight Princess Link is 16 (confirmed by Aonuma).

OoT Link had no age, but NOA's Zelda site (as of the release of the Oracles) referred to Young Link as 10 (making Link 17 at the end)

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Why is it that "real" zelda fans will always choose OoT over WW? I liked WW way more because of the huge interactive environment(ie: Auction house, the little kids on Windfall Island) Also, The WW Link was much more likeable, IMO. He had funny facial expressions that always made me chuckle a bit. I'm a real Zelda fan, and OoT was one of my least favorite LoZ games. And WW isn't the only one I've played besides it.
WE like OOT because it bringgs out everything that makes a zelda game a zelda game,it gives mature players a fun experience inn the zelda universe. nuff said.

EDIT: I can give you a detailed answer in about an hour when i get back.

courte

Smash Lord
dude they're all the same person, i came here thinking it was some speed pwns power thread but heck... i gotta admit yea i do like him out of all of the rest... but i don't think he went to school

Top Bottom