• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PSI Powered Guide

The PSI Powered Guide

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Sir_Zedd submitted a new guide:

A PSI Powered Guide - Ness according to Zedd

I've been enjoying my main man Ness for the last few weeks and while writing out some pointers to improve my game I basically wrote a whole guide, so I tweaked it and decided to post here.

This is early days, Still needs some updates and some things added but it could be helpful to some people.

Grabs:
Basic throw guide:0%-10%: D-throw into short hop F-air
10%-25%: D-throw into 2 fairs and then N-air
30%-50%: D-throw into U-air (Sometimes 2, depends on character/ %)
50%-80%: U-throw...
Read more about this guide...

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Feedback would be appreciated, if you spot anything I've totally overlooked feel free to tell me
Another tip/trick could be that Ness' PK Fire can be used to stop and protect you from non flying projectile spam. I use this a lot when I have an arrow spamming link I do this and it allows me to keep safe for a little while.
Also add that PK Thunder can end up to be a frame trap (inescapable) if the opponent air dodges and you redirect the thunder ball back to the ground and hit them the landing lag after the air dodge will not allow them to pull out their shield or dodge. They will be hit no matter what.

Also I like to do a trick called rising Nair. This is how it's done:
1. Short hop
2. Immediately jump again and hit A(or whatever button is your neutral attack)
3. If done properly Ness should be doing his Nair and rising to second jump height at the same time. It really throws your opponent for a loop.

Another thing I do is rising air dodge. It's very similar to rising Nair.
1. Jump/Shorthop
2.Jump and immediately airdodge.
3. If done correctly Ness should rise up but with a slight curve and airdodge I use this to head on aerial attacks.
I hope this helps

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i think you can probably combo any of Ness' aerials in the right situation.
Nair -> Ftilt works at higher % because they're knocked to the ground.
Dtilt, if it trips, goes into anything bar PKT2, charged smashes and Flash.
PKT1 can go into Uair well past 100% if they're drawn towards you.
Fthrow doesn't have set knockback. its scaling is just slow.
also, you should use our frame data thread to retrieve damage numbers. whatever you got from smash wiki is very very wrong.
actually, you should use our frame data thread for assessing Ness' moves, it's one of the few instances of hard evidence.

and you should give the grammar and general english quality of the guide a touch up.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Appreciate all the feedback, I've been doing the majority of editing on my phone so I think that may be why the grammar is bad, I'll definately fix this when I have some time on a computer.

As for the tips, thanks again, I know these things when playing but it's hard to remember everything when writing so I appreciate them being pointed out.

Last and not least I'll check out the frame data thread and update the numbers within the next week or so
(when I'm not on a mobile device)

Top Bottom