• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh nicely done Fogbadge. But I agree with Falkoopa. You should make it a bit more descriptive and put it under a collapse tag so it doesn't take up too much space.

Also I made these sig's just for fun. Feel free to use them. (Even if Layton is the only one who really stands a ghost of a chance to make it playable in smash) :p Just don't claim as your own.

I'll do the next codec's maybe later today or tomorrow.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This makes me sad that Layton isn't a 1st or 2nd party character. I would LOVE to play as all these characters. But we can likely only have Layton himself. *sigh*

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
This makes me sad that Layton isn't a 1st or 2nd party character. I would LOVE to play as all these characters. But we can likely only have Layton himself. *sigh*
better than nothing. think of all the bomberman fans, or fans of whoever else doesn't have a chance. they got NOTHING.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh nicely done Fogbadge. But I agree with Falkoopa. You should make it a bit more descriptive and put it under a collapse tag so it doesn't take up too much space.
i'll keep that in mind for when i make an other, i was going to do one for luigi later on

i'll put a colapse tag on the other one

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well to be fair Layton is the only essential character in the franchise along with Luke. They could play as a team but I don't know exactly how, probably the best way is Luke to be one of Layton's specials.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well to be fair Layton is the only essential character in the franchise along with Luke. They could play as a team but I don't know exactly how, probably the best way is Luke to be one of Layton's specials.
That's true, but still. :p Well a number of pages back it was suggested that Layton and Luke would work in an ice climbers style tag team. But I'm not sure how that would work out...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What about Donkey Kong Country style tag team then? Their both on the field but you can switch between each other by pressing the down special? I honestly don't know how both Layton and Luke could work together imo... :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, here is the next few Layton codec's. This time covering Ice Climbers for Luke, Luigi for Flora and Ganondorf for Emmy. Hope you enjoy. ^_^

[collapse=Layton and Luke about the Ice Climbers]
My look at these two fighting together. They look like their the best of friends.
You mean Popo and Nana Professor? Their the Ice Climbers and yes, they do look like they make a great team. Just like us right Professor?
Certainly, Luke.

But... I'm not right there fighting alongside you, Professor.
Because it's far too dangerous my boy.

What!?! Professor, who do you think I am. Flora?
Now now Luke, there is no need to get so worked up, neither the need to insult Flora for this.
I'm... sorry Professor.
Leaving those close to me out of harm's way is the duty of every gentleman my boy. This isn't something I only restrict to Flora. Look at Popo and Nana themselves. Yes they fight alongside each other but at the same time they make sure that they also protect each other from harm. Working together like this is the key to successful teamwork and victory.

Then how does that relate to us? I mean, I'm still right here standing in the background while I see you taking all the hits.
Your support is all I need my boy. You, Flora and Emmy are all together by my side. Even if you're all standing there and watch me take all the hits. There is no attack that can hurt me more than seeing those I deeply care about getting hurt.

I've never thought about it like that. Thank's Professor. I will cheer you on. Promise. But didn't you kind of insult the Ice Climbers by saying this?
I believe that Popo and Nana have known each other for many more years than you and I do. I'm certain that they know what they are doing and what their beliefs are.[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Flora about Luigi]
Oh look, Isn't that Mario's Brother? Loogie, or was it Lario?
His name is Luigi Professor. He's a poor little guy who often lives in the shadow of Mario. Kinda like... someone else, who lives in the shadow of a certain Professor and his Apprentice...
Ah yes, Luigi. Thanks for correcting me Fauna.

W-What!?! It's Flora Professor!
Oh, did I say your name wrong? My deepest apologies my dear.

Professor, you forgot my name... Am I really slowly becoming forgotten...?
Now of course not. I would never forget my precious Golden Orange.

Right...Well back to Luigi. It's not all doom and gloom for him though. In 2013 Nintendo declared the "Year of Luigi" bringing him into the spotlight for once. That's really kind of Nintendo, don't you think?
Why yes indeed it was. Loogie must have been very happy about that. Don't you think Fanessa?

Next year. I'm demanding Level-5 to do a "year of Flora"!

[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Emmy about Ganondorf]
Watch out Professor! That's Ganondorf you're dealing with.
I don't usually see you so panicking Emmy, what gives?

Well yeah, Ganondorf isn't just any random thug in the street. He's the "King of Evil"!
That's quite the unusual name. What gives?

Well Ganondorf is a lone male born in a tribe that consists of mainly women known as the "Gerudo." Their a tribe of thieves and only one male gets born every 100 years. That lone male always gets crowned as the king.
If Ganondorf is a leader of a tribe consisting of unladylike thieves. I would suppose he's one of those evils who is after the Triforce, no?

Correct. He has always been after the Triforce but thankfully he's always been stopped by Link and Zelda on every opportunity.
That's good to hear. But seeing how even you seem to be afraid of him. I guess I'd better be extra careful then.

I-I'm not afraid of him. I can kick his butt till next Sunday if I wanted to.
Sure. You already wear the clothes of the Legendary hero. Now all you need is the Blade of Evil's bane, some Light Arrow's and a Green Hat and you can take this battle over for me.

Huh-wha? Hey I'm not cosplaying as Link Professor!

[/collapse]

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yep, keep up the good work, Kiwi. :)

I liked the Ice Climbers one the most.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
rats i was going to do luigi, oh well here's one for r.o.b

I say, is that a robot?

Yes it is professor that's r.o.b the robotic operating buddy
well I doubt He'll be much of a "buddy" in battle​
That's true professor I've heard he can fire lasers, use a jet and throw items know as gyromites
Well perhaps my past experiences with machines will prove helpful here​
Like so of those awful devices Don Palo made
Yes, but we've also encountered some friendly machines​
Like the people of St Mystire
Exactly, my dear​

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
rats i was going to do luigi, oh well here's one for r.o.b

I say, is that a robot?

Yes it is professor that's r.o.b the robotic operating buddy
well I doubt He'll be much of a "buddy" in battle

That's true professor I've heard he can fire lasers, use a jet and throw items know as gyromites
Well perhaps my past experiences with machines will prove helpful here

Like so of those awful devices Don Palo made
Yes, but we've also encountered some friendly machines

Like the people of St Mystire
Exactly, my dear
Aw this one was very enjoyable to read. And you can still make that Luigi codec if you like. :) It's just that I had that Luigi and Flora idea for a little while now.

You want me to put your codec's in the OP Fogbadge? :) With credit to you of course.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Luigi's was the most funny one! :laugh: The other two were quite good as well.

Will you do some for possible newcomers?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Luigi's was the most funny one! :laugh: The other two were quite good as well.

Will you do some for possible newcomers?
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hopefully yes. but if people have suggestions of any possible newcomers I could cover. I'd be happy to do so. (Granted if I know these characters which I'm 90% sure I probably do, else I'd do a quick research about them I guess.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Is anyone going to pick up Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney when it comes out? Honestly, I would, but I don't own a 3DS. I blew all my money on a Wii U. :(

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Aw this one was very enjoyable to read. And you can still make that Luigi codec if you like. :) It's just that I had that Luigi and Flora idea for a little while now.

You want me to put your codec's in the OP Fogbadge? :) With credit to you of course.
go right ahead

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh, Kiwi, I think it would be better to complete the codecs for the Brawl cast before moving to newcomers, don't you think?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh, Kiwi, I think it would be better to complete the codecs for the Brawl cast before moving to newcomers, don't you think?
Yeah that's what I'm actually planning to do first. I'm going to do the Brawl cast first with Melee fallen ones too. And if by that time the smash 4 trailer gets shown with its newcomers. I'll do those as well. and then I will go over to any potential newcomers. That's why I said that I will do Anna. I'm just not exactly sure when. Oh and fogbadge. I've put your codec's up in the OP. ^_^

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh and fogbadge. I've put your codec's up in the OP. ^_^
cool thanks

oh and heres one for the pokemon trainer

watch out professor that's the pokemon trainer
ah one of those people who raise and train pokemon​
yes and he's brought three pokemon to fight under his direction he's like a three in one
three in one, that reminds me of a puzzle​
I don't this is the time for a puzzle professor
I suppose not. tell me about his pokemon​
well there's squitle who attacks with water, ivysaur who uses plants and poison and charizard who uses powerful fire type attacks​
hmm, they sound like quite the formidable team. thank you emmy​
your welcome professor, just think of me as your own personal pokedex

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
cool thanks

oh and heres one for the pokemon trainer

watch out professor that's the pokemon trainer
ah one of those people who raise and train pokemon

yes and he's brought three pokemon to fight under his direction he's like a three in one
three in one, that reminds me of a puzzle

I don't this is the time for a puzzle professor
I suppose not. tell me about his pokemon

well there's squitle who attacks with water, ivysaur who uses plants and poison and charizard who uses powerful fire type attacks​
hmm, they sound like quite the formidable team. thank you emmy

your welcome professor, just think of me as your own personal pokedex
Nicely done. I'll add it to the OP. By the way fogbadge. could you please add [/collapse] at the end of your codec? So my reply doesn't get hidden as well please?

Also, should I make a list of all the character sprites so people like you and me don't have to go through all the previous codec's just to find the ones we need?

You should do Professor Layton vs. Professor Layton codec, Snake, and N next.
I'll do Snake soon. Layton I'll do eventually and N maybe later.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well okay then, here you go. Feel free to use these if you want to do a Layton codec with these. I'll update this post as I do more.

[collapse=Layton]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Luke]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Flora]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Emmy]

[/collapse]

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay since you guys seem to enjoy them. Here's the next codec's. With Luke covering Yoshi, Flora covering Jigglypuff and Emmy covering Captain Falcon. Enjoy.

[collapse=Layton and Luke about Yoshi]
Aww, that's an adorable looking dinosaur over there.
I don't think you will find it as cute when he swallows you whole with its chameleon-like tongue, Professor.
Ah Yes. Yoshi's are known to have a stomach of steel don't they. I guess I'd better keep a close eye on it.

Yeah, not to mention that once it does eat you. You get turned into an egg.
Well that is quite disturbing.

Yeah not to mention that he uses his very own egg's as weapons Professor.
Okay Luke. I understand. I'll take back what I just said. Yoshi's are not adorable at all.

And did I mention that it's a male too? What kind of guy lays egg's Professor?
[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Flora about Jigglypuff]
Aww. Flora. Look at that cute little thing over there. It has a curl on the front of it's head. Just like you do.
I'm not sure wether to thank you or say "what?" to you Professor. Is that really hair on the front of Jigglypuff's head or is it a lump of flesh?
Now, Flora.Why would you have such thought's? Jigglypuff still looks adorable with it. Just like you and your curl.

Ladders or Stepladders Professor?
Look, how about I take a closer analysis and I will proof to you that it's just its hair. Alright my dear?

Go ahead Professor.
Very well then. Lets take a closer look at Jigglypuff the--

JiiiigalipuuuufJigaliiiiJigalipuuuuuf....
My, I'm feeling quite sleepy... I guess a quick nap is in order... *Yawn* ...zzzzzzzz

Hey, Professor. What are you doing? Sleeping in the middle of battle. Wake Up Professor....
...On second thought's. A quick beauty sleep would be quite.... nice.... *Yawn*
...zzzzzzz

[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Emmy about Captain Falcon]
Oh hey, look at that. It's captain Falcon Professor.
You seem to be quite excited to see this man, Emmy. Are you a fan of his?

If I'm a fan? Of course I am. Everyone loves Captain Falcon and his "Falcooooon PUNCH!"
Um.... Okay.
What? What's wrong Professor, didn't I just give you a "Falcooooon KICK" out of it?
I'm not sure if...

Watch out Professor, take a "Falcooooon DIVE"!

You should have dived Professor, you were nearly hit by "Falcooooon.... uh... Captain?"
I'll see you back in London Emmy.

Alright Professor. "Falcoooon OUT!"
[/collapse]

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well okay then, here you go. Feel free to use these if you want to do a Layton codec with these. I'll update this post as I do more.
thanks

and here's yet another from me, kirby

I say, what on earth is that?

that's kirby professor and he's not from earth, he's from dreamland on pop star
I must say he's a fascinating being​
yeah, he can float, inhale you whole and copy your powers
hmm, I don't like the idea of being inhaled. he can copy abilities you say?​
yep, and he gains headgear representing the power he copied
well it's goo to see some one else who shares my appreciation of hats​
he'd get your puzzle solving prowess and your top hat
hmm, well i'm glad you're amused​

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
thanks

and here's yet another from me, kirby

I say, what on earth is that?

that's kirby professor and he's not from earth, he's from dreamland on pop star
I must say he's a fascinating being

yeah, he can float, inhale you whole and copy your powers
hmm, I don't like the idea of being inhaled. he can copy abilities you say?

yep, and he gains headgear representing the power he copied
well it's goo to see some one else who shares my appreciation of hats

he'd get your puzzle solving prowess and your top hat
hmm, well i'm glad you're amused
Nicely done. I've added it to the OP. ^_^

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
C. Falcon one was the best. Got to have a good laugh, even if I'm in a bad mood...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
at this point i can't stop myself so here's one for king dedede

I say, who's this fellow?

that's king dedede, the self proclaimed ruler of dreamland
hmm he sounds a little selfish​
I think you should be more worried about his big hammer and his inhaling ability than his manners
he can inhale people like kirby?​
yeah, but he cant copy your powers
I suppose he and kirby must be quite the rivals​
yeah, he may not be evil bu he's practically kirby's arch nemesis, sort of like you and descole
.....​

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
at this point i can't stop myself so here's one for king dedede

I say, who's this fellow?

that's king dedede, the self proclaimed ruler of dreamland
hmm he sounds a little selfish

I think you should be more worried about his big hammer and his inhaling ability than his manners
he can inhale people like kirby?

yeah, but he cant copy your powers
I suppose he and kirby must be quite the rivals

yeah, he may not be evil bu he's practically kirby's arch nemesis, sort of like you and descole
Nice. I'll add it to the OP. Even though I think Don Paolo suits better as Layton's Dedede than Descole but then again. Emmy has never met him.

I'm going to take a short break with these codec's for maybe a few days because my last one of yesterday felt a little rushed now that I look at it again. I'm going to try and see if I can do some alternate colours for Layton.

The characters should be a bit clueless about places they don't know like Popstar in codecs. It makes feel like brains with unneccessary knowledge.
True, but then again. You could say that Layton asked Luke, Flora and Emmy to learn more about his opponents for him in order to inform him about them and all but yeah...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm going to take a short break with these codec's for maybe a few days because my last one of yesterday felt a little rushed now that I look at it again. I'm going to try and see if I can do some alternate colours for Layton.
Not going to demand anything, but I feel a Descole-esque and Miracle Gentleman-esque colors are a must.

Is anyone going to pick up Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney when it comes out? Honestly, I would, but I don't own a 3DS. I blew all my money on a Wii U. :(
I know I will.

Top Bottom