• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Possible Brawl Wavedash/land, Dashlanding.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
This tactic was found by me, Mr. Rogu, and my friends (ORI_bro, WiiWouldLikeTwoPlay, and Ham) helped me find it with other characters. Its similar to wavelanding but a little different. You press the buttons a second before you hit the ground instead of hitting the buttons as you touch the ground. obviously you dont slide as much as you did in melee, but you still slide some distance. This tactic seems to work the best with: Wario, Squirtle, Lucas, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, and G&W. It still works with the rest of the characters but its not as effective in gameplay. Heres the link to our video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUqAT6ZLW-0

Svkv

Smash Cadet
Erm, okay? I saw a little bit of slide but nothing useful.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
So you jumped then landed with momentum causing you to slide 2 inches.

This is incredibly useful.

Why did you title the thread this way? We have all admitted this is nowhere near the usefulness of Wavedashing. And didn't you receive warning from an important, experienced source to avoid that miscommunication? Not to go and betray your point, but I would like to tell potential readers that the video and technique were made hastily, mainly to show the source I mentioned earlier and see what they could make of it.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
This is just wavelanding late, like triangle dodging. Nothing new.

At least he didn't name it Mr.Rogu Sliding.

Scala

Smash Ace
I think admin should start banning users who make these useless NEW AT threads that end up being a whole lot of absolutely nothing so that people think twice about what they are posting.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I think admin should start banning users who make these useless NEW AT threads that end up being a whole lot of absolutely nothing so that people think twice about what they are posting.
I should just ban you instead. For being a scrub :D

Also, please keep posts constructive. I don't want to be forced to hand out infractions for one-line posts because everyone feels its necessary to express their disappointment.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
To avoid trouble I'm just gonna say, this isn't an AT.

Scala

Smash Ace
Since that hoser SamuraiPanda insists: Despite not really being a new AT persay, it does have some useful applications. For characters that have low traction, you can do this into a sort of hyphen smash that uses the air momentum rather than a dash momentum for the movement.

Here's my contribution to lighten up the thread now:
A more accurate representation of the youtube video for everyone's pleasure:

I should just ban myself instead. For being a scrub :D

Also, please keep posts less constructive. I want to be forced to hand out infractions for one-line posts because everyone feels its necessary to express their disappointment.
Well we were gonna fix that now thar this weekend but naaaaaaay someone *cough panda cough* decides to not have people over to play hmmmmmmmm?

Oh, I see you still have a Grimer left from that plague. So no one figured out how to remove them? Darn. I just figured they disappeared from where they were when they stopped... appearing.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Since that hoser SamuraiPanda insists: Despite not really being a new AT persay, it does have some useful applications. For characters that have low traction, you can do this into a sort of hyphen smash that uses the air momentum rather than a dash momentum for the movement.

Well we were gonna fix that now thar this weekend but naaaaaaay someone *cough panda cough* decides to not have people over to play hmmmmmmmm?
Oh, I see you still have a Grimer left from that plague. So no one figured out how to remove them? Darn. I just figured they disappeared from where they were when they stopped... appearing.

LMAO at both these posts!

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

You just won the thread.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
There are some cosmological theories,developed from the mathematics of quantum mechanics,that posit an infinite number of alternate universes,covering all possibilities.Every possible outcome of every event,everything we can imagine,and uncountable googleplexes of universes more strange and wonderful than we can imagine.

To think,that somewhere out there in that infinite sea of realized possibilities there exists a world where your Thread were actually a useful Thread.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
There are some cosmological theories,developed from the mathematics of quantum mechanics,that posit an infinite number of alternate universes,covering all possibilities.Every possible outcome of every event,everything we can imagine,and uncountable googleplexes of universes more strange and wonderful than we can imagine.

To think,that somewhere out there in that infinite sea of realized possibilities there exists a world where your Thread were actually a useful Thread.
do u even know wat you just said? or are you just trying to sound smart by using big words?

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
I know what that means.

In the quantum world light waves can exist in two places at once, which could mean that two things can happen differently at the same time, and in those spwans more choices,etc infinte regress.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I know what that means.

In the quantum world light waves can exist in two places at once, which could mean that two things can happen differently at the same time, and in those spwans more choices,etc infinte regress.
PWNED... I think. I'm gonna go read up on the subject and then come back either with a more firm statement of "pwned" or a retractment of my previous statement of "pwned". c u guys in a year! lol

flash7

Smash Journeyman
This is/was known as craq walking, not sure if it has a more appropriate name now. Anyways this doesnt have any use, sorry.

lol at the disco.

I know what that means.

The flaw here is that although that is possible, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be the same thing repeating an infinite amount of times. My point is, just why would something be changed simply because it could be? Why the Mr. Rogu in a separate space change anything simply because he is in a different universal reflection of the light waves?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

Don't worry. I got your joke, and LOLed @ this.

SPanda, I still have the utmost respect for you.

To the creator of this thread: please don't waste my time with this nonsense again.

To everyone else: Who wants cookies?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Don't worry. I got your joke, and LOLed @ this.

SPanda, I still have the utmost respect for you.

To the creator of this thread: please don't waste my time with this nonsense again.

To everyone else: Who wants cookies?
if u dont wnt him to waste ur time y did u bother to look @ this thread and it upmost not utmost

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
The flaw here is that although that is possible, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be the same thing repeating an infinite amount of times. My point is, just why would something be changed simply because it could be? Why the Mr. Rogu in a separate space change anything simply because he is in a different universal reflection of the light waves?
But the same question can be asked why wouldnt it change.

Also i think could change because mabe a sort of butterfly-type effect could happen to force some type of change.

wolfyjr

Smash Rookie
my guess is it wud just be easier (and make u less prone) to simply SH and air dodge right out of it instead, unless of course u can open with an attack directly out of this but it seems like it gives you no invincibility frames nor does it move you very far... and wario already has insane horizontal movement in air... so with other chars it wud be pretty much usless, and as fcukinSN so kindly pointed out,
we call this "shading"

acv

Smash Journeyman
its just jumping and using momentum from the jump.not an advanced tech.and even if it was a technique it isnt usefull.

GracieBarraJitsu

Smash Rookie
I guess we'll never know... Ciao!

The odds of his thread being "usefull" can theoretically be calculable. It is EXTREMELY (can't find a more extreme word than extremely) unlikely, but since this probability is a real number, in truely infinite quantity of scenarios, all scenarios must occur.

That's like saying i'll win the lottery 5 million times in a row. Since I can calculate these odds, in an infinite amount of attemtps to replicate this, it MUST happen.

Top Bottom