• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yeah, I've gotten plenty of off-stage kills with Shadow Sneak, it's such a great tool.

I also noticed it's better in the Wii U because the shadow is harder to notice among all the pretty graphics.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If you use SS in the right spot in the air they can't really do much about it lol.

Karasu

Smash Cadet
Not yet, but the chance of Greninja getting banned after Mega Salamence is gone is pretty high. So yeah, if you want to have fun with Greninja in OU, you better do it while you can.
Is there a thread in which this is discussed? I never knew that Greninja is considered to be broken.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Is there a thread in which this is discussed? I never knew that Greninja is considered to be broken.
Not a specific thread, but there was a recent discussion about Greninja in the ORAS metagame thread in Smogon. Greninja seems to have just as many people against it as it does people defending it from being banned, so I'm not sure what's going to happen.

Last edited:

Karasu

Smash Cadet
Not a specific thread, but there was a recent discussion about Greninja in the ORAS metagame thread in Smogon. Greninja seems to have just as many people against it as it does people defending it from being banned, so I'm not sure what's going to happen.
Thanks to Smash I took a break from Pokemon so I wasn't reading the thread. You dont remember the page, do you? Otherwise I will have to read through alot of pages xD

joaoTforce

Smash Cadet
NNID
joaoTforce
3DS FC
3711-7595-3873
it would be awesome if one of greninja's abilities allowed him to create a kage bunshin or shadow clone. it could have a tiny bit of hp and have a medium recharge time, and it would act like rosalina's luma. IMO it would be cooler than substitute

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Had a marathon of matches with @ FullMoon FullMoon

Had a good time. Was tons of fun! c: Might upload one of our Greninja dittos later.
Heheh, it was pretty fun, yes. I think you would've won a lot more matches against me if it weren't for some unfortunate SDs =P

it would be awesome if one of greninja's abilities allowed him to create a kage bunshin or shadow clone. it could have a tiny bit of hp and have a medium recharge time, and it would act like rosalina's luma. IMO it would be cooler than substitute
Well that's a great idea if you want to get Greninja to become worse than Brawl Meta Knight.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Heheh, it was pretty fun, yes. I think you would've won a lot more matches against me if it weren't for some unfortunate SDs =P

Well that's a great idea if you want to get Greninja to become worse than Brawl Meta Knight.
Yeah. Those unfortunate SDs. =3=

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Eh... The more I play this game the more I realize that I'm really no good at it. I got pretty wrecked in For Glory today even when playing with Greninja, getting two-stocked once really hurt as well. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I just suck at this game or maybe I'm just taking it too seriously.

Anyway, today was a pretty frustrating day as far as Smash is concerned. Though I did at least get an amusing KO that I might record later.

D

Deleted member

Eh... The more I play this game the more I realize that I'm really no good at it. I got pretty wrecked in For Glory today even when playing with Greninja, getting two-stocked once really hurt as well. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I just suck at this game or maybe I'm just taking it too seriously.

Anyway, today was a pretty frustrating day as far as Smash is concerned. Though I did at least get an amusing KO that I might record later.
It's OK to get frustrated when losing. Just have to remember that the more you play = the more you're learning. I lost pretty much every game when I started playing a month ago and I'm not winning a whole lot of games now, but I am starting to win more and making games closer than they used to be.

Ugh, the smash 4 bundle needs to be in stock again... been waiting almost two weeks for it so I can grind hard. Haha. :p

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
^^Well, FG is also bad for us Greninja players, since flat stages with high ceilings (i.e. every omega stage) is bad for us. I usually play Captain Falcon in FG, but I play mainly on Anther's smash ladder now.

Just played ElusiveTranscendent on there yesterday, actually. If I get the chance I hope to upload those videos.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
My my. Seems like everyone here is fighting me these days. .__.

Heyy. It's alright. There' going to be days when your Greninja just ain't feeling it, ya know? When that happens, play somebody else. Pick up a secondary or something- just cool off from playing the freg.

Also, is it me, or a lot of unneeded threads are popping up? :/

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I wish they'd have given Greninja something other than a counter for Down-B.Shadow Sneak is a counter if used right.

Spirst

At least it makes for a cool "wtf" moment when you land an upwards substitute for the star KO. Little else beats the satisfaction of that.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Does anyone else love his dash attack to fair combo when the opponent is at low percents?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Also, is it me, or a lot of unneeded threads are popping up? :/
Occasionally these kind of things occur; usually, if it's an issue and I or another mod missed it, feel free to utilize the report button.

At least it makes for a cool "wtf" moment when you land an upwards substitute for the star KO. Little else beats the satisfaction of that.
Yeah, I've startled a few people with it in the air when they try to spike me at high %s. It's pretty satisfactory.

Also, in other news, little update to the major Greninja threads! With the exception of the Official Custom Moveset Project Thread for Greninja, all stickied threads have banners!

Spirst

Also, in other news, little update to the major Greninja threads! With the exception of the Official Custom Moveset Project Thread for Greninja, all stickied threads have banners!
Hooray for prettiness!

Red5_snt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Red5_snt
3DS FC
5429-7893-3202
It's OK to get frustrated when losing. Just have to remember that the more you play = the more you're learning.
You know this isn't exactly true. You can hit the point of diminishing returns pretty easily. Over practicing can be just as harmful as just not playing. If you get tired or frustrated... just put the game down. You will probably play better later.

Spirst

You know this isn't exactly true. You can hit the point of diminishing returns pretty easily. Over practicing can be just as harmful as just not playing. If you get tired or frustrated... just put the game down. You will probably play better later.
I can definitely attest to this. There's been points where I feel I've simply played too much and my gameplay definitely suffers for it. After giving it some time to sit, I can come back with a refocused mind and do well again.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Huzzah!

I need to figure out how to Substitute properly. I'm bad with Counters on any character...
I'm also terrible with Substitute, but I still play a mean Greninja :p I honestly just think Substitute is a pretty bad move, so it's on the bottom of my list of moves to GIT GUD with.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so finishing everything took a little less time than I expected (custom headgear was still a pain, but I just got the last one!). Unfortunately, school has decided to ramp up near the end of the semester, so I can't say I'll be super active, but I'll do my best to play catch-up... again.

Spirst

Alright, so finishing everything took a little less time than I expected (custom headgear was still a pain, but I just got the last one!). Unfortunately, school has decided to ramp up near the end of the semester, so I can't say I'll be super active, but I'll do my best to play catch-up... again.
You're back earlier than I thought. You already did all the challenges/got all the trophies?

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I think I've just completely hit a wall. I've been losing left and right on Anther's ladder the past few days and I just feel like I'm totally incompetent. =/

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Guys, I think I've just completely hit a wall. I've been losing left and right on Anther's ladder the past few days and I just feel like I'm totally incompetent. =/
I guess now it's you feeling like that. Well, everybody has that period where they aren't at their best. If you want someone to help you practice, I would be up to it since I'm constantly on Anther's ladder and we have the same main.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I guess now it's you feeling like that. Well, everybody has that period where they aren't at their best. If you want someone to help you practice, I would be up to it since I'm constantly on Anther's ladder and we have the same main.
I would totally be up for playing with either of you! Playing against another Greninja main is bound to be educational (win or lose), and probably pretty rad as well.

EDIT: BUT I ONLY HAVE SMASH ON WII U, NOT 3DS

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Heh, I forgot to save the replay, but I was going against a Greninja and I was playing with Samus, when we were doing some offstage fighting, he used Hydro Pump to recover at the same time as I used Screw Attack, the water ended up making me go further and I hit him with my attack and got the KO.

Wish I had recorded it.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Noted.. It is NOT always a good idea to use hydro pump on your opponent.

That sounds like a sick KO!

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Some crazy stuff sure can happen if you apply Hydro Pump force at the same time the victim applies force to him/her self.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123

WE ARE THE KUPO TROOP, KUPO!

This Smashladder thing seems ultra cool. It will definitely be a great way for me to practice when I can't find a nearby opponent. Thanks!

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I can definitely attest to this. There's been points where I feel I've simply played too much and my gameplay definitely suffers for it. After giving it some time to sit, I can come back with a refocused mind and do well again.
git gud

Did you save any replays? I record my matches and watch them afterwards and check for my mistakes. Make sure you correctly identify technical errors and player errors (rolling the same way, spot dodging predictably, basically getting read).

Last edited:
Top Bottom