• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pixar Discussion Thread: Discussing Toy Story 3

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Just watched it. Didn't see it in 3D. Heard it was pointless.

Movie was great. I really liked how the intro paid homage to the first two movies. It was cute.

But the ending...

Oh
My
God

I've never cried that hard in my life for a movie.
That one small instance when Andy resisted giving Woody to Bonnie. That was a tug on my heartstrings

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
The post-movie credit sequences were actually pretty amusing -- especially the Romeo & Juliet scene

Mota said:
I found that kinda humorous, what with Andy being 17 and all.
It was cute to see him play with them one last time. It was more tragic seeing him give them up. I felt my childhood end onscreen. What a wonderful sight. T.T

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I didn't really find it humorous, it was pretty emotional imo. It's giving something up that you always loved, I'm sure we all know that kinda feeling no matter what age or what it is. Plus it was the whole point of the movie/trilogy really.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
His toys were his best friends when he was a child.

It's like how I feel a connection to my Pokemon if I've had them for a long time and won many battles with them. If I had to lose them, idk, I'd feel a sentimental connection. Especially if they had cool nicknames or something.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
His toys were his best friends when he was a child.

It's like how I feel a connection to my Pokemon if I've had them for a long time and won many battles with them. If I had to lose them, idk, I'd feel a sentimental connection. Especially if they had cool nicknames or something.
<3 Chok.

This is true.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I've waited 11 years....and I still haven't watched it yet T____T

i'm trying to plan for a date when all my friends can goooo its been so painful having to postpone it for so long XD

IM SO ENVIOUS OF ALL OF YOU

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
That'd just kill the movie for me. It was funny when it happened to Sid. It would just be surreal if it happened to Andy.

Speaking of Sid...
Weak...WEAK cameo

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I didn't think so o_o
What kinda cameo did you expect him to have? The kid is prlly messed up for life due to his toys talking to him LMAO. Other than that, he was the one flag for identifying where they lived/getting them home. I thought it was fine imo.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That would be kinda...creepy o_O
I'd think it'd be touching. Considering that Woody was the one who got rid of Sid and all (or atleast stopped him from being cruel)

Or maybe since he was the one who prepared his room all nice for when he got home when he went to cowboy camp

Or maybe when he and Buzz went flying and landing right on his lap.

Could solve many mysteries

EDIT:

Dammit Tery, I didn't wanna know that Sid had a cameo :mad:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I think that's what makes it great, they do all these things and he doesn't know. He doesn't really need to know, just that they're there for him when he needs them. It kinda takes the mystery out of everything if he had actually communicated face to face. Plus that's just creepy, I stand by that LOL I mean, imagine your toys talking to you? jfdkaljfdlajfdajl o_O inanimate objects just suddenly coming to life. Idk I just think it wouldn't end well LOL.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
I'm implying that he was barely noticeable. Had it not been for my keen eye for Toy Story references, I wouldn't have been able to tell it was Sid. The rocker attitude and skull on his shirt were the only clues that you got. Which is why I said WEAK CAMEO. Could've expanded on it with some joke. Like he opens the box on the curb, sees Woody and faints. That would've been hilarious.

I'm ranking this movie among the best films. Nothing has yet to depress me and lift my spirits so well as the same time. (I don't coupe well admitting that I'm old)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Watching the movie, I didn't realise Sid was it in at all.
It was only when I got home and a random TS3 page pointed it out did I know...

No, it's better Andy never knew, keeps the mystery. Could you imagine if did find out? All of a sudden wherever he went or did, he would know he was being watched by supposedly inanimate objects.
Would go insane.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Watching the movie, I didn't realise Sid was it in at all.
It was only when I got home and a random TS3 page pointed it out did I know...

No, it's better Andy never knew, keeps the mystery. Could you imagine if did find out? All of a sudden wherever he went or did, he would know he was being watched by supposedly inanimate objects.
Would go insane.
It is better.

Since I haven't seen the movie yet, I could imagine the ending of the movie being:

Buzz and the guys fix him and get home, Andy comes and forgets something. Things leads to other things and then Woody starts to talk. Then they both start crying or something and then... well I don't know what'd happen, but Woody would have to explain A LOT of things.

Also, I blame the series for giving me a morbid fear of talking toys when I was little >_>

And WHY did you have to say Sid got a cameo? Out of all the movies that I don't care getting spoiled for except before I saw the X-Files movie that came out like 2 years ago, I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW THIS!!!!!

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Dude. Relax.

Sid's cameo is infinitesimal. It doesn't affect anything. It's just one of those things you either spot in the backdrop or not. It has no bearing on the plot.

As for the toys actually speaking to Andy...What is up with all you? o.0 What made you even think that'd even happen? That'd be the last thing to run across my mind. I never thought for a second that Andy would actually speak to the toys.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Dude. Relax.

Sid's cameo is infinitesimal. It doesn't affect anything. It's just one of those things you either spot in the backdrop or not. It has no bearing on the plot.

As for the toys actually speaking to Andy...What is up with all you? o.0 What made you even think that'd even happen? That'd be the last thing to run across my mind. I never thought for a second that Andy would actually speak to the toys.
I actually thought that that would make a good ending for the series. I mean, did Andy ever stop wondering how his toys magically appeared in his car even though he looked up and down and all around the house and what not? I think Woody and Buzz (or maybe Woody alone considering that Andy loves Woody more than Buzz) could explain it to Andy, and then something happens that makes them be apart from each other (that I haven't even figured out yet)

UberMario

Smash Master
The only thing that would happen if Andy found out his toys could talk would be that he'd eventually be put in a straitjacket.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
I actually thought that that would make a good ending for the series. I mean, did Andy ever stop wondering how his toys magically appeared in his car even though he looked up and down and all around the house and what not? I think Woody and Buzz (or maybe Woody alone considering that Andy loves Woody more than Buzz) could explain it to Andy, and then something happens that makes them be apart from each other (that I haven't even figured out yet)
Do not doubt the poor sense of judgment in children. I used to look around the house for my keys and would eventually find them in the freezer or behind the microwave. For the sake of keeping things in the realm of movies, Andy's blissful enough even if his toys magically relocated themselves.

That's the mystique of Toy Story. They're only moving about when you're not around. Having Woody speak to a human being (aside from Sid, which was for comedic effect) would just ruin whatever the creators were trying to do with the story. That's why Andy's not exactly the frame of reference for the audience. He's an ancillary character. He can be as realistic as the film realm will permit him. If he really were to be so logical as to realize that his toys were able to move and talk, you'd see the audience lose interest.

In layman's terms:
It's as if the movie gave up on itself and had to explain its own synopsis.

Mota

And WHY did you have to say Sid got a cameo? Out of all the movies that I don't care getting spoiled for except before I saw the X-Files movie that came out like 2 years ago, I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW THIS!!!!!
Lol apologies, but some spoilers/hints are pretty much bound to happen if you decide to enter a thread about a movie you haven't seen yet :p

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, the ending (although predictable) was a very strong finish. :)
>______________>
Endings always seem predictable since there's only so many endings possible. Toy Story 3 probably had one of the best endings I've ever seen =.=

ANYWAYS OMG I'VE FINALLY TOTALLY JUST WATCHED IT TODAY. Prepare for a huge post....XD Seriously, if you haven't watched the movie, don't read this =.=

The jokes and stuff through out the movie was fantastic.
Chuckles is amazing (mota, your avatar da bess), I love Ken, Trixie the dinosaur is pretty amazing as well....just everything pretty much. I died when Potato head became a tortilla. I died so hard. Oh god. the way he walked. HAHAHA

Just...man. There was no time to rest.
Once you thought everything was fine, it just got more intense again. In the dump fire pit scene, I honestly thought that that was going to be the end of the movie, and i was having a hard time holding back the tears at this scene...when everyone started holding hands and stuff. Oh god. And I thought this was sad...boy was I wrong.

The ending was perfect, just like how everyone said it was.
When Andy unconsciously pulled Woody back...it was so emotional. I absolutely LOVED it. It seriously pulled on my heart strings. Just...oh god. Everything. I cried more than I ever had in a long time.

3D was pretty gorgeous, its definitely worth watching it. You really get drawn into it more...its hard to explain.

Oh yeah....
and the scene with the baby at the sandbox swings was creepy as hell o.o i loved it.

M@v

Subarashii!
He's the garbage man that mounted several toys to the grill of the truck and stops at Andy's house
really? I didn't make the connection at all.

Btw, people pretty much covered the good points, but

at the incinerator scene, i knew they wouldn't die there, its a DISNEY movie. As sad as I am to say this, I predicted some miraculous thing would happen to save them :/. I Initially thought Lotso would have a change of heart, but I forgot about the claw LOL. Oh, btw, I get the corvette.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
its confirmed that it was a sid cameo

the black shirt w/ white skull gives it away;.

Yeah I know...but everyone is hyping over a sad ending...you never know haha. Yeah the claw was hilarious. Perfect. So perfect.

Mota

Definitely have to see it again now
Omg how could I forget tortilla head, hahah the whole audience died, genius!

Not sure how I feel about the Jessie and Buzz relationship.
Although Jess seems to dig Spanish Buzz, what is is about the Spanish? :)

Ken is one of my faves, so metro, the 'well-groomed-man' hahaha. Barbie is badaas

UberMario

Smash Master
Mota,
Buzz had a crush on Jessie since Toy Story 2, and Jessie told him he was the sweetest space toy she's ever met. That wasn't something introduced with TS3. lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
If you guys are interested in a good read:

Toy Story 3: How Pixar changed animation -- http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/jun/30/toy-story-3-pixar-animation

Oh about some of the comments above :)

I'm fine with the Jessie/Buzz relationship because of how they interacted at the end of TS2. I'm actually more disheartened by the loss of Bo Beep and therefore her relationship with Woody (which was a sad little moment in the beginning of the movie). I thought about it a little bit later and realized that it kinda made sense, I think this movie needed to be more about Woody's relationship with Andy and the toys in general, so there is no attachment/love interest. But still, kinda =/

Also @ victra, you're not alone about thinking the movie was gonna end. Despite it being a rated G movie lol I kinda wasn't thinking about that in that instant. All I kept thinking was "the movie ends happy right? The movie ends happy right??" hahaha

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually more disheartened by the loss of Bo Beep and therefore her relationship with Woody (which was a sad little moment in the beginning of the movie). I thought about it a little bit later and realized that it kinda made sense, I think this movie needed to be more about Woody's relationship with Andy and the toys in general, so there is no attachment/love interest. But still, kinda =/
I have no interest in toy love intrigues. So count me out on that.

However, I was still just as disheartened seeing that only a few characters were still there. After they made such a big deal of yard sales and lost toys in the first two, the movie already started off without explicitly saying a huge cast of those toys were sold/trashed. The latter of which was the one that made me curious what happened to the more ancillary characters like RC and the army men. Not all of them could've been sold in a yard sale. )=

It's like a Toy Story post-funeral.

Top Bottom