• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Board for Dummies/Peach Chatroom and General Discussion[GO PEACHKID!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
btw, is there a good way to learn how to DI? i've been tryin' to get in the habit of this but i always kinda forget about it, lol. I usually just end up using regular DI + dair + fastfall but I rly can't smash DI for **** or get in the habit of reacting quick enuff. I keep forgetting to escape pika's dsmash or I'd never rly try to DI behind people when I get caught in a multi-hit move like flamethrower, various people's jabs, etc.

Shud I use smartbombs in practice and even then how would I know if I'm doing it right? =o
Regular DI and Dair wont do anything at all. What you have to do is ether junp out of the hit stun. Or jump to a UP-B or Foward B. Or Uair to a F-B or Up-B

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
thx ya'll.

oh and DP that whole dair thing i was referring to the DI and momentum cancelling to possibly save my life after get blown away. i screwed up and left out details when i posted that first part but thx.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Always use U-Air + FF for momentum cancelling. Always.

Also is it just me, or is pivot walking the dumbest thing ever...It takes a ridiculous control scheme to even use comfortablly.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Good stuff. Wish I could pull off stuff like that. The DK Battle scared me for a second, but knew you'd pull through.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion

Also is it just me, or is pivot walking the dumbest thing ever...It takes a ridiculous control scheme to even use comfortablly.
oh thx for the uair tip. shud be easy to get used to coz i used DK too. ;D

and personally I don't think the scheme is that bad. I already have my L to attack to make smashing w/ turnip in-hand easy as hell but it's not like peach's pivot walk is useful anyway so meh.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754

when i first saw the PW Tech, i loled alittle cause this is what brawl has become...Pivot Walking... THE NEW GROUNDBREAKING TECH!!!! WHERE U.....spin like a little bubbly fairy ballerina -_- whats next? a tech where u crouch and u do some semi mediocre edgeguard tech?

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
peachkid i love your new sig. and lol at the rest of your post
haha thanks, and give compliments to Bo X7, he made it and he has yet to disappoint me. i just gathered the pictures :D

i absolutely fell in love with the shadow queen pic. the artist gave her this evil sexuality that made me go gaga XD XD

heres the actual picture

like major props to the artist

and wolf and fox...

they are just so uberly awesome. end of story

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
I've played people from Mexico and it isn't that bad. I guess it just depends on whether you have your ports forwarded and aren't streaming anything >>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Using d-air (or any aerial for that matter) is not supposed to have an effect on your DI, it simply allows you to jump afterwards to regain control of your momentum... I don't see why you would want to up+b immediately after regaining control either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njcYW0rFmUg
You are a lil late in showing me a video I seen already.

And I never said you had to Up-B right away. Just saying one way to deal with it. And I already know none of her air attacks stop her momentum.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You are a lil late in showing me a video I seen already.

And I never said you had to Up-B right away. Just saying one way to deal with it. And I already know none of her air attacks stop her momentum.
Que? :[

Regular DI and Dair wont do anything at all. What you have to do is ether junp out of the hit stun. Or jump to a UP-B or Foward B. Or Uair to a F-B or Up-B

thx ya'll.

oh and DP that whole dair thing i was referring to the DI and momentum cancelling to possibly save my life after get blown away. i screwed up and left out details when i posted that first part but thx.

No, it wont save you. It has no effect on your DI what so ever.
Que???

Using an aerial allows you to jump earlier than if you just waited out the hitstun. You prolly knew this, but the advice you're giving is pretty misleading...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
is it really true that none of her aerials stop her momentum?

ok so anyway...what do you do when you get sent flying as peachy then?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Que? :[

Que???

Using an aerial allows you to jump earlier than if you just waited out the hitstun. You prolly knew this, but the advice you're giving is pretty misleading...
I mean just doing her air attacks alone and nothing else.

is it really true that none of her aerials stop her momentum?

ok so anyway...what do you do when you get sent flying as peachy then?
No, None of them stop it at all. Closest thing to that would be her F-air since it moves you foward a lil. But being launched so fast, it is just about useless.

You Up-air to a F-B

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
DID YOU KNOW that if you have a bomb in your hand and you sheild and someone hits you that the bomb will explode in their face and they'll recieve damge and you dont?

And after about 8 seconds if you dont throw the bomb it'll explode in your hand?

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
DID YOU KNOW that if you have a bomb in your hand in you sheild and someone hits you that the bomb will explode in their face and they'll recieve damge and you dont?

And after about 8 seconds if you dont throw the bomb it'll explode in your hand?
Did not know that, thanks because now I know how to fight Sonic better.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
This applies to all characters, but DID YOU KNOW that if you float under the Practice Stage OR walk under the platform in Yoshi's Island, your shadow will appear on top?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i've thought about it, i just don't use it much. its more like one of my backup mindgames. too bad Peach isn't a big grabber, imagine downwardglide toss to Melee Fthrow XD.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Tournament tomorrow?
Fixed. *flails*

I'm getting kinda nervous. But I have some tools. Olive Garden leftover pasta, a la Praxis' recommendation. iPod ready to go. Hammer sack.

All set I think. Anyone have any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom