• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Board for Dummies/Peach Chatroom and General Discussion[GO PEACHKID!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
GL Dark. Knock em dead

22nd November...hang on, isn't that Mister E guy there? Don't forget to have some matches with him if you can for the Pikachu match up
I only played him once in teams. I'll get a singles with him later. But from what I see. All that I have said is correct about the match up.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha, I am actually next to the TV that I am playing on, have not lost one gaame yet. this is like my 30th match.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
had a good idea the other day
gonna start a new band and we'll learn to play
yeahhhhhh
we'll be the best
if you're looking for our record at the mall
well here's the thing, we'll be called....
braaaainpower

brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!

did i mention i was drunk
when i thought it up
it was kinda dumb
nooooooooooooo
maybe not the best
it is not a good band name
no, i should have used that very same
braaaaainpower that i'd mentioned before

brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
brainpower!
BRAINPOWER!

double posted, sue me. ;O

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its over, I lost to chu's kirby.the first match I played so stupid. I cant in a fresh up smash on FD and died on 80%. Then I took him to BF, was beating him. Then I SD like an idiot and then he kirby sides me and I die.

Crap like this I cant stand. it was like this against G-Regs Snake. Now I trully see where I stand as a Peach main. I did terrible at this, only beat 2 people.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh well there'll be other tourneys. i'd say it's no big deal to lose to chudat but suicides just blow tremendously. still though, gj reppin' the peach though in tourney and in those many friendlies. u'll have other chances. ;D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Players have their bad tournaments. Don't get down on yourself.

Now, (in large booming voice)

IT IS TIME TO EAT.

kujibiki57

Smash Cadet
Dark.Pch, it's not such a big deal, I understand that you ran out of MP, you used it all to win all of those matches without losing.
Now, if only you had brought some pots along =\

/nerd

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
Yoz.

Hey everyone. After a couple months ago I decided to drop by to see what's going down...

How's everybody been? :D

Anything interesting happened while I was away?

Iwan

Smash Ace
So I just got back from the C3 tournament in Ashburn, VA. Was pretty intense.....used peach for singles :p

So basically, I did pretty okay. Much better than I thought I'd do at my first brawl tournament. I ended up making it through 5 matches, until I lost to NickNasy (f*** you, marth, I HATE YOU). Buuut....I started the tournament against a Game and Watch and destroyed him :]

Aside from that, I did some money matches, one among them being Dark Peach. Before the money match in friendlies I thought i HAD him...but just like that he went on a rampage and ended up beating me. In the MM I got *****, Dark took my money easy :p...hope you ended up placing well Dark :D....I saw you ****** various kids through out the night. Good stuff :)

Now for a more serious question: I've only ever played one olimar. Just one.....and I beat him pretty easily. But I MM'd an impressive olimar and got beat in just two games :/.......I know we're supposed to be able to just Dair everything Oli throws at us, right? It eats up pikmin REAL nice, and then use Fair, turnips, etc.....but if it's that easy, why was Utilt sometimes ****** me when I attempted to Dair some of his sidesteps? Olimar's Utilt is so sick :/......

Honestly, he just outplayed me and flat out beat me....i know peach is almost a HARD counter to Olimar, so it feels dumb to ask, but what exactly does peach usually do to beat a good olimar player?

I seriously have very little match up experience with olimar -.-.....overall I did a lot better than I thought I'd do, buuut....I can't help but be bugged by me losing to an olimar :/.

Help.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
going Dair happy isn't the grandest of solutions lol. especialyl since strangely Olis pikmin have low priority, but his body had good priority. i haven't played any olimars yet that don't fear the Dair **** so i can't say anymore.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
GG's airge! :) Shame the lag was a bit sucky

Ah don't worry Dark, at least you did well before :) Everyone has to lose a few sometimes. Besides, isn't that g-reg guy supposed to be really good?

And wow long time no see DeadlyTurnip :)
I lost to G-reg in winners then chu in losers.the first matches with both of them I played like a freaking beginner. The second Match with G-reg it was going even, then it was last stock, 0% Then I just move into everything and he took my last stock like nothing.

Second match with chu, I was beating him, with him at one stock and me at 2 stocks with about 20 damage on me. Then I freaking SD, and when I came back I let him kirby side me.

This is what I am upset about. I have a chance to win and I always blow it, and I get sick of it. This just says in general what kind of player I am, and all that is said about me is bias

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I lost to G-reg in winners then chu in losers.the first matches with both of them I played like a freaking beginner. The second Match with G-reg it was going even, then it was last stock, 0% Then I just move into everything and he took my last stock like nothing.

Second match with chu, I was beating him, with him at one stock and me at 2 stocks with about 20 damage on me. Then I freaking SD, and when I came back I let him kirby side me.

This is what I am upset about. I have a chance to win and I always blow it, and I get sick of it. This just says in general what kind of player I am, and all that is said about me is bias
...Hmm. You're certainly self critical of yourself...more than me perhaps :laugh:

I often find it takes me a few matches to get into the swing of things. I'll try offer you some advice though - if you're getting beaten and things aren't going well, concentrate on why. Get some space and think 'Ok, I'm losing. How come? What am I doing wrong? What is it that keeps making me take damage? How am I getting KO'ed?' Think carefully - perhaps you're over doing something and your opponent is taking advantage of that. Look at the situation and think 'If I do this, then my opponent does that...ok, what if I do this instead whilst my opponent does that?'

For example, when I'm trying to Floating Dair someone, they eventually get wise, sheild it and hit me with something. I look at that and think 'They keep punishing me for that. What can I do differently?'. So next time, I jump up to Float and then fall down to grab them when they expect a Dair. Stuff like that

I know it's rubbish to lose but don't get down about it - use this to point out your potential mistakes. Think back to what you could have done differently in your next matches and use that to learn for next time :) Don't get in a stress about it

Iwan

Smash Ace
You're being over critical of yourself Dark. G-reg and Chu are absolutely without question two of the best players in the entire world.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You're being over critical of yourself Dark. G-reg and Chu are absolutely without question two of the best players in the entire world.
I don't care what they are. if I was doing just fine against them and choke at the last min, that is not an excuse. I could have beat them and taken it to the third game. This is what I am upset about. And you and the others don't understand what I am upset about.

Iwan

Smash Ace
No...no i understand exactly why you're upset. You were in a position to win but didn't finish it off. That happens to everyone.

What do you want us to say? "**** dude you choked lulz...."....seriously, i was watching you play and you played really, really well. If you won't accept praise or comments about how good you played then I guess I'll just say don't SD next time.

You were very impressive though.
kTHATSALLbye.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i doubt there's a tipper and as far as the disjointed part is concerned wouldn't it just be that you can just pick where you place the hitbox depending on your float heights, fastfalls, timing, etc.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I dont think I will be playing this anymore. and if I do, it wont be anytime soon. I layed off tournaments in the summer for three months. I'm gonna do it again but this time, I wont play the game at all, not even wifi and I might just keep it that way for good. And if I play again it might be in the spring. After what happened at C3, this is not worth my money.

Talk to Peachkid. He plays somewhat like I do.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I dont think I will be playing this anymore. and if I do, it wont be anytime soon. I layed off tournaments in the summer for three months. I'm gonna do it again but this time, I wont play the game at all, not even wifi and I might just keep it that way for good. And if I play again it might be in the spring. After what happened at C3, this is not worth my money.

Sure thing. Good luck in the real world!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

If you plan to "quit" temporarily, you'll get even more worse when you come back. Friendlies don't hurt anyone. If it's not worth your money just go to Smashfests or play on Wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom