• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I still think dixie looks enough different than diddy to be not considered a knockoff. also, isn't diddy the only kong with a tail? thats weird.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, she's in that new Donkey Kong Country game. So maybe her chances are a bit higher now, with the new found relevance and everything. But maybe I'm wrong.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
SO AWESOME! Dixie is relevant again!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, the Tropical Freeze trailer even supports our theory that Dixie would be a solid last minute clone to add. Look at her function in the game: her helicopter twirl boosts her and DK vertically, whereas Diddy's jetpack gives a horizontal lift. It's the same sort of similar, yet different properties we expect to see within the movesets of Luigified Smash characters. Based off of this, Dixie could have a chargeable horizontal hair spin for a recovery, to contrast with Diddy's vertical blast.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, the Tropical Freeze trailer even supports our theory that Dixie would be a solid last minute clone to add. Look at her function in the game: her helicopter twirl boosts her and DK vertically, whereas Diddy's jetpack gives a horizontal lift. It's the same sort of similar, yet different properties we expect to see within the movesets of Luigified Smash characters. Based off of this, Dixie could have a chargeable horizontal hair spin for a recovery, to contrast with Diddy's vertical blast.

Yeah, that does seem rather interesting. Though I wonder what other unique moves can be at her disposal.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I know everyone's saying this, but with Dixie in the new returns game her chances of inclusion have skyrocketed.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
K. Rool might not be in the game possibly, but the fact Toad has been given specific characteristics back in the new 3D Mario, I think Toad and Dixie Kong cover the Donkey Kong and Mario Series together for 10 characters total.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind Dixie and I don't see her being a clone character. The only move that she'll probably have similar to her family would be the hair twirl like Donkey's heli spin.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wouldn't Rool out King's chances yet. He is heavily requested and still has popularity. I think he still has the edge over Dixie. However, I am very happy to see her chances increase and I think it will be a close battle between the two.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Shots have been fired for K. Rool supporters too huh? Oh boy. Wouldn't mind Dixie either, but would be pretty bittersweet to have her over the king.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
hoping for a diddy and dixie mode

THIS! This so badly! If they don't do this, I'll be dissapointed. The new games looks WICKEDLY AWESOME though!

I mean, bringing back Dixie Kong is one thing (that is clearly awesome), but the visuals, the underwater levels, the new enemies, DAVID WISE! This all looks too good to be true! Even a 4th helper Kong will be playable, thinking it'll probably be a grown up Kiddy, or even Lanky. Really, I'l say that thus far, Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze has interessted me way more than Smash about getting a Wii U.

RETRO STUDIOS, I LOVE YOU DUDES!

Also, speaking of Dixie's hair spin, the new way she flies and the new way DK's Spinning Kong looks in Smash easily got me thinking Dixie will be playable in this game. Am getting my hopes up higher and higher for her!

In the end, I could probably take Dixie as a newcomer for Smash and I wouldn't even be that upset if K.Rool wouldn't make it. Right now, Dixie seems as one of the more likely newcomers to get in. Same with Toad.

Gotta love the new moddels to. So lively!

And to all the haters saying Dixie looks like Diddy with a pony tail: :joyful:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
THERE! New art for Dixie at least, after all these years. (6. 6 years...) Now can we use that instead of the Jungle Climber art? It's soooo pretty.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just really, really, really hope I can pair up Diddy and Dixie in DKCR2.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I think Dixie's chances have skyrocketed for four reasons.

1:She is playable in DKCTF
2: The Villiager was considered for Brawl, but was not put in due to Sakurai thinking his series was too peaceful.
3:Sakurai also said he'd be revisiting old ideas.
4: Bowser and Pit have been reworked. Who's to say DIddy won't be a tag team with Dixie.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd still keep Diddy and Dixie as separate characters, seeing as it appears that you can't pair those two together in Tropical Freeze.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll say it again, if Diddy and Dixie pair up in DKCR2, I wouldn't mind them like that in Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Something is wrong with the eyes. :p

And the design looks uncannily similar to SSB4's style.

I smell a conspiracy. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd like to pretend that's not the case.

Anyway, hope to see more of DKCR2 soon.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
all my favorite characters that we haven't seen in a while are getting revamps and new appearances.

First dixie, now kamek is confirmed to be the main villian in yoshi 3DS.

things are going good.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I always thought Dixie had precedence over K. Rool for a playable slot.

This just reconfirms that.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but K. Rool hasn't been used in a game since Rare left, has he? Are the Kremlings their property or something?

Honestly, I don't have any particular opinion on who "deserves" to be in Smash more, but I would prefer Dixie over K. Rool, personally.

D

Deleted member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but K. Rool hasn't been used in a game since Rare left, has he? Are the Kremlings their property or something?
Donkey Konga (unsure about 2 and 3)
DK King of Swing
DK Jungle Climber
DK Barrel Blast
Mario Super Sluggers
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (As a trophy; he couldn't appear in the game AT ALL if he was owned by Rare)

And Kremlings appeared in both Mario Strikers games as well as Mario Power Tennis.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

Honestly, I don't have any particular opinion on who "deserves" to be in Smash more, but I would prefer Dixie over K. Rool, personally.
King K. Rool had appeared in 5 games after Rare left.
Donkey Konga, King of Swing, DK Jungle Climber, Barrel Blast and was playable in Mario Super Sluggers. im sure Nintendo has every right to use K. Rool but for some reason they are choosing to leave him out. im perfectly fine with Dixie though. i would just prefer King K Rool cause he's a heavy weight and a villain and i think smash could use more of those.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My opinions on certain characters have changed, and Dixie is no exception. I see her as plenty more likely now, possibly rivaling K.Rool.

Although, if both Dixie and K.Rool were added, that would complete the Donkey Kong series...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie would make an awesome addtion. And am glad people have tossed aside their lame 'lolclone' arguments since Tropical Freeze's anouncement. I don't really agree the DK series has no potential left after both K.Rool and Dixie's inclusion though, but it does in fact got the basics covered. Much like Mario / Luigi / Peach / Bowser, or Link / Zelda / Ganondorf / Child Link.

After Dixie and K.Rool, the series got plenty of potential characters left. Especially now since it appears that Tropical Freeze will get another new helping Kong alonside Dixie. It's a big possibility it'll be either Kiddy Kong, Lanky Kong or Funky Kong even. Maybe Tiny Kong to, who knows?

So characters which could be included still:

- Lanky Kong (too awesome of a playing style not to get in if he suddenly gets relevant again)
- Kiddy Kong (original SNES DKC Kong, and possibly the last helper Kong in DKCR2)
- Cranky Kong (veteran old-skool character who's apperantly loved by Miyamoto and made a cameo in Brawl, and Melee)
- Funky Kong (surprise character in Mario Kart Wii, and very popular. Has been made playable in PAON games, and is possibly the last helper Kong in DKCR2, might appear in DKCR2 as a NPC as well due to the Kongs travelling to distant islands)
- Stanley the Bugman (not my personal favorite, but a retro character who was sort of important in the series' early days)
- DK Jr. (not likely, cause he's already playable, but still a rather easy to make clone character of DK, and a new retro face)

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't too hot on Dixie's inclusion before, now after the DCRTF I think she's surpassed K. Rool. She just looks like she fits, yeno? Plus, as someone who came into DK series quite late, I think Dixie always seemed a lot more iconic. She's much more clearly a Donkey Kong character. This kinda thing counts for quite a lot, Nintendo don't wanna just preach to the choir and please existing DK fans; they wanna make new ones, and Smash is one of the best marketing tools in their arsenal.

Plus, I'd count starring in 2 (?) games much more significant than being the main antagonist in 5(?).
Especially in a series with such a wide cast.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
A DKC in which DK, Diddy and Dixie are the main characters would be great.

:phone:
THIS, but they didn't stop there. VIKING ANIMALS as enemies?! That's actually really creative! They're like pirates...except they're not. And they brought swimming back too along with an unannounced 4th player?!? OMFG... This is amazing! I'm really hoping Cranky's the fourth guy--or Lanky, or Chunky...man, I'd even settle for Funky! Dixie's hair looks beautiful, and I'd LOVE to see someone try and say she's not relevant now.

This is gonna be one of my favorite platformers for Wii U.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Ah, I stand corrected. Shows how much I've been paying attention to the DK series >.>

It WOULD be kind of hard to pick another rep after Dixie and K. Rool though. Personally, I've always liked Funky, and he HAS been around since the first DKC. Cranky is just so...old =/

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
For whatever reason, I never considered Dixie as a viable Smash contender until recently, despite having a weird furry crush on her when I was like 4 and DKC2 came out. She was awesome, and DKC2 was by far my favorite DKC because of her.

Despite this, I never actively supported her in Smash for whatever reason. I think because I forgot just how important she is and how many games she's been in. Appeared in 17 games and several comics and cartoons, playable in 15 of those games, and a main character in two and THE main character in another two. She's easily the third most important Kong, and would serve as a great pseudo-clone of Diddy (I humbly believe she could be made at least 80% different from Diddy).

Plus she's another obligatory female that everyone wants. This may seem weird, but I actually want her more than K. Rool now, especially after seeing her completely refreshed in Tropical Freeze. Her new design is awesome. The Diddy/Dixie tag team idea sounds awesome too, kind of like IC, but they tag out into one another like PT (only without the stamina).

And let's not forget that she's one of the forbidden seven, meaning her odds were good BEFORE Brawl. With Tropical Freeze coming out, they're even better.

I'm starting to believe she may be a shoe-in. And I'm ok with that.

Top Bottom