• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
That looks awesome man! The fur is really great along with her hair and hat. Her mouth looks kind of odd at that angle though, sort of looks like a duck's bill because the tip under her eyes is a point rather than curving down with depth into her eyes, if that makes sense, hard to explain I hope you know what I mean. Her knot is also a bit weird since it's looking directly at the viewer while her torso is turned.

But other than those little thing it looks really great, awesome work! That's easily the best Dixie Smash fan art I've ever seen, it should be in the OP and the main image of the Dixie campaign.
I love it! :love: I agree with Reds about the shirt knot and the mouth, but this is amazing work, especially on the fur, hand, and the ponytail! Whenever you get around to finishing, I will definitely put it into the OP. Pictures like these will definitely help out in our cause. Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Also, congrats on placing 2nd at Daytona!
YESSSS! That's what it is! Something was bothering me about the knot and I couldn't figure out what it was. Staring a piece for so long things start to look "right" and it's easy to miss stuff so SERIOUSLY I appreciate the honest feedback. =D and yeah I see it now lol duckface Dixie.
Off to do the corrections! Hopefully I can have this done by today! Thanks again. =)

Last edited:

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Back from Daytona! I actually placed 2nd at the Smash tourney and won some prize money. W00T!
But back to art now! I have been hammering away at this. I'm done with the render... hmm i don't like some of the toes tho. might go back and redo those. It's a hybrid between her current and SNES look since I really liked her knee pads and pink nail polish from her original design. Now to figure out how to color the darn thing... I spent about 4 additional hours trying to figure out how to color from grey scale with no luck. Didn't like my results at all but I did find some other useful lookin' tutorials that I'll try out tomorrow! SOoooo happy that this is almost done. And by the way I also have a splash card already made too just gotta finish the pic up to slap it on.

Now to crash...
:tired::tired::tired::tired::tired:
Awesome, I'm glad someone with your talent is working on getting Dixie Kong in smash!

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Like this being beautiful, I'm anxious to see it finished and full color :)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Back from Daytona! I actually placed 2nd at the Smash tourney and won some prize money. W00T!
But back to art now! I have been hammering away at this. I'm done with the render... hmm i don't like some of the toes tho. might go back and redo those. It's a hybrid between her current and SNES look since I really liked her knee pads and pink nail polish from her original design. Now to figure out how to color the darn thing... I spent about 4 additional hours trying to figure out how to color from grey scale with no luck. Didn't like my results at all but I did find some other useful lookin' tutorials that I'll try out tomorrow! SOoooo happy that this is almost done. And by the way I also have a splash card already made too just gotta finish the pic up to slap it on.

Now to crash...
:tired::tired::tired::tired::tired:
This is amazing and very professional looking, especially the hair and the fur. I agree w/ others about the mouth, she's got duckface going on. Still extremely impressive! Well done.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
The render isn't completely done yet I still need to finish the hand and one of the feet and I need to figure out why my liquefy tool keeps crashing photoshop before I can do the textures... but it was done enough for the splash card so I went ahead and uploaded it. When I am completely done with the render I will upload it along with a transparent png file. I attempted to fix the duck face hope I succeeded >.> and the hair became an obstacle for sure because I accidentally flattened ALL of my layers -__-". That's about as good as I can get it for now but not bad for a first time shot.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The render isn't completely done yet I still need to finish the hand and one of the feet and I need to figure out why my liquefy tool keeps crashing photoshop before I can do the textures... but it was done enough for the splash card so I went ahead and uploaded it. When I am completely done with the render I will upload it along with a transparent png file. I attempted to fix the duck face hope I succeeded >.> and the hair became an obstacle for sure because I accidentally flattened ALL of my layers -__-". That's about as good as I can get it for now but not bad for a first time shot.
That looks damn fine for a first attempt!

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Looks awesome man, her mouth and the tie look a lot better now. You really nailed it!

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
The hair looks a bit strange, but it looks impressive, it is also, I love your art

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

HOLY **** IT'S PRACTICALLY DONE!! OUTSTANDING JOB VT! I came here to propose a tagline like "DIXIE KONG: Whips Up Trouble!" to reference her hair and DKC3's title, but imagine my surprise when I saw this! Keep kicking *** VT, when you finish I'll put it on tumblr.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Great render, but that splash screen message is way too wordy. Change it to "Dixie Kong whirls into battle" or something.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

You are da man. :4diddy:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
That looks damn fine for a first attempt!
Thank you! Means alot! =D

Looks awesome man, her mouth and the tie look a lot better now. You really nailed it!
Yessss! Happy I could fix that! And once again thanks for the original feedback!

The hair looks a bit strange, but it looks impressive, it is also, I love your art
Yeah the hair was not fun at all. It is my most hated thing about the picture. Maybe one day I'll go back and try hair again. It's so hard to do.

HOLY **** IT'S PRACTICALLY DONE!! OUTSTANDING JOB VT! I came here to propose a tagline like "DIXIE KONG: Whips Up Trouble!" to reference her hair and DKC3's title, but imagine my surprise when I saw this! Keep kicking *** VT, when you finish I'll put it on tumblr.
Thank you so much ;__; your words mean more than you know! And I honestly couldn't think of a proper tagline. So I am making alt versions with user taglines and I'll use yours as one of them! I'll give credit to you as well.

Great render, but that splash screen message is way too wordy. Change it to "Dixie Kong whirls into battle" or something.
I couldn't think of a tagline but you are right it seems a bit too long. I'm going to make some alt versions and I'll use your tagline and give credit to you of course! Thanks for the input!

You are da man. :4diddy:
WOman lol

Looking amazing @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer ! Brings even more hype for Dixie's potential inclusion!
Appreciate it! just doing what I can! =)

@ SethTheMage SethTheMage That's complete enough to put that in the OP. I'll make alt taglines later and if you like one of the other ones better you can replace it.
Seriously @ everyone thank you so much for the support!

Last edited:

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Yet you it was absolutely beautiful, we hope that many more people are encouraged to vote for it, it would be nice if someone come up that image and one of its unique moveset in a youtube video explaining the strengths of Dixie and stating that it would not be clone Diddy, still to reach a wider audience and thus more votes

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Yet you it was absolutely beautiful, we hope that many more people are encouraged to vote for it, it would be nice if someone come up that image and one of its unique moveset in a youtube video explaining the strengths of Dixie and stating that it would not be clone Diddy, still to reach a wider audience and thus more votes
Already on it! I just need to collect abunch of hd video footage from different DK games. hopefully I can just find everything I need on YouTube. If not I might need to buy a capture card and catch it myself.

Capture cards are so pricey tho. I can't possibly justify buying one right now just for this project alone however I do know my husband wants one to record/stream his games. Maybe if I buy it as a birthday gift I won't feel as guilty about the price >_>"

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
It's... Beautful!!! *Sniff* ;_;

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hopefully it's not too early to show this, but I feel like I'll be waiting forever to get to page 70..

Grab Pummel

While holding her victim, Dixie spins her hair and smacks them twice with it. Each input yields 2 quick strikes that do 1-2% of damage per hit, so in the best case scenario you'll get 4% damage for one input or 2% for the worst case. This pummel has 1.7 seconds worth of ending lag however, meaning that while the strikes are quick and have fluctuating percentages, the move itself is hard to abuse and unreliable for racking up damage. But hey, it IS a pummel after all and not meant to do as much damage as her throws.

That's one idea for a pummel; hope y'all like, but if you're not too crazy about the idea I have another:

Alternate Grab Pummel

Here Dixie takes a more traditional approach, in which she knees her foe whilst they remain in her grasp. There's far less ending lag in this one--about 0.9 seconds in this case, and she usually gives 0-3% damage per each singular strike. The chances for each percentage is random.

Since she's using her knees here I drew her with kneepads, but like my signature it's kinda hard to spot in this one. The 1st pummel is my favorite of the 2 but I can't deny the 2nd was sketched better. You guys are free to pick whichever you like more though (if you like either to begin with XD); I'm all about choices ATM.

Now onto a throw!
Back Throw: Kongo Flip

After holding onto an enemy, Dixie casually tosses them behind her in a small arc. There's not much force behind it honestly and it seems weak...until she swiftly follows up with a flip kick and launches them like a beach ball! The throw turns out to be more powerful than it seemed at first, as the kick gives the extra oomph needed to be a dangerous move. Foes are launched a good distance and while it's not insanely powerful, the right percentages will grant a satisfying KO.

And here's the layout. From Point 1 to Point 2 Dixie casually tosses the foe, doing 2-5% damage. She uses her hair as a balancing agent and flips back immediately, kicking the victim as you can see at P3. Here, the main portion of the attack's power is given, inflicting percentages that are higher than P2's initial toss and launching the enemy. Dixie continues the momentum she created to swing to P4 where her part in the throw ends and she gets ready to return to her neutral position.

The idea is a 2-hit throw in which Dixie flipkicks with the grace of a gymnastic fighter in a swift arc. Slightly elaborate but fast to perform. Good knockback, and KO worthy at the right thresholds. I hope y'all like, and I'd like to give a special thanks to the Sandbag. Most people wouldn't make a guest appearance in moveset ideas just to get wailed on, so mad props to it! Unfortunately for it, we have more..."demonstrations" coming... :grin:

[Collapse=Down Throw: Springy Slam]

As she clenches her opponent tightly, Dixie uses her hair as a balancing agent then leaps into the air with her victim and crashes into the ground--all while using her foe to cushion her own landing! I've combined elements of her Up Smash and Down Special to create this throw; it's not too fancy but it feels pretty sweet to do this to someone.

And here's the layout. The Sandbag has graciously agreed to be part of the demonstration--I'm so glad it's fine with being the throw victim for any hypothetical moves! So nice of it! Anyway, as you can see Dixie rolls back, launches, crashes down with the foe then happily jumps off them. They're unwillingly taken for a ride like how Kirby and Metaknight treat their opponents, but Dixie's trajectory isn't nearly as high as theirs. Also, I wasn't sure if the victim should be bounced opposite of Dixie as she jumps off or even if she'll jump forward or backward after, so I'll leave that to the imagination.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Forward Air: Kong Kicks]

Another practical attack for Dixie, her forward air has her do two kicks: right leg then left. Like the alternate down tilt idea the input yields 2 hits per use, and you can attack repeatedly with it to rack up damage. Enemies are knocked upwards and backwards slightly with each kick--enough to push them back by just a bit but not enough to keep foes from escaping another dose; time it right and you'll get much more than 2 hits from these strikes. The move's quick on its own and not KO-worthy, but with Dixie's airspeed being the best of the Kongs and a unique ability of her own, you can practically chase foes around using this move repeatedly and slowly descend to the ground.

While the attack isn't as spectacular as her Up and Down Air (coming soon) or as strong as her Back Air, it's great for aggressive approaches. She moves faster than DK and Diddy in the air and can stay off the ground longer than they ever could.

Dixie's Forward Air is a go-to move for horizontal momentum, while her Neutral is a quick way to push others back; her Up Air is deliberately meant to rack up damage and disrupt her own falling speed while it's being used, almost to the point of floating in mid air (which she technically can't do, but "gliding's" a different story). Her Back Air is strong and can kill once certain thresholds are crossed, and her Down Air...is perfect for..displacement..[/collapse]
[Collapse=Alternate Down Tilt: Swift Spank]

Based off Tropical Freeze. She kneels and leans forward, allowing her hair to strike twice in front of her with a relatively small range. It's quick, reliable and has a stinging quality, but the attack is always 2 strikes per input, which means if the hits don't connect Dixie could be vulnerable to a counterattack. As I wrote before, the moves quick so she's not in too much danger if she misses, right?

I came up with the Handstand Slam just before I saw Dixie do that hair-banging groundpound from DKC Tropical Freeze, and I gotta admit it looked cool so I drew up something based on it. I find it practical; it's swift and she leans low unlike in the other which she is more open to danger, but it's not as strong and looks similar to her Forward Tilt. Still, both ideas are good but I prefer the Slam over the Spank. As long as I get ideas circulating in others, every drawing I show will serve its purpose. So in this case, if I have more than 1 idea to show for the same attack then the more the merrier.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Up Smash: Jolt]

Dixie starts her Up Smash with a handstand pose. Her arms and hair stay bent on the ground to support herself and cushion her head, for balancing in that position can be painful.
The blood flows down as the attack charges, but she remains clear-headed and focused. And then...

ssSSSHWEEEEEemsh!!! She launches herself straight up to collide with foes and knock them higher! Her hair goes from a curled cushion to propel herself upward; as she does so she extends her legs in the hopes of impacting enemies with blunt force. She uses her hair merely for assistance, as this attack has her rely on her feet to deal the damage, and boy is it strong. The force she uses to blast upwards coupled with the overall trajectory makes this quite a jolt for her!
A near - strictly vertical attack from Dixie. The extended length of her ponytail matches the length of her body, and thus like many of her moves she's granted some good range. As she shoots upward her feet have incredible force; it's not as powerful as her Forward Smash, but it has quite a healthy bit of killing power. Also, due to the vertical nature of this move, it's most effective on those directly above her and the knockback is vertically oriented as well.
In regard to Smash attacks, Dixie's Forward relies mostly on her hair to deal damage; her Up reverses that "role" and her Down has no reliance on her hair. A nice dynamic IMO.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Down Tilt: Handstand Slam]

To pull off her Down Tilt, Dixie does a swift handstand and lets her hair fall forward to smash into the ground. Opponents hit by it will be bounced upwards with semi decent force if their % is at or near zero; the knockback (or more accurately knock-up) is good but the move's not KO worthy unless on really high percentages, though it's a nice and quick way to bounce opponents off.

Here's the attack layout. At Position 1 tthere's no attack, but the transition to P2 is something to be aware of, as the startup swing does negligible damage but may knock you forward if grounded or swung with slightly more force if aerial. In either case, if you get hit at this transition, you should be pushed just out of the reach of this DTilt, with minor damage if you're higher than 20%. If your % is lower than 20, you're likely to endure the full attack. At P2, Dixie's hair swings downward, so anything hit from this point on the way to P3 will nudged or forced underneath the hair. At P3, the hair makes contact with the ground and BAM! The attack has unfolded. Anything it immediately touches will be bounced upwards as the attack is complete, and those that were forced through the whole move will be slammed into the ground, bounced up and receive higher damage and knockback than those making contact at P3. P4 is simply Dixie returning to her neutral position.
The move is quick on the startup side but has just a touch of ending lag; about the speed of Diddy's Forward Tilt, and as the move bounces foes upward I liken it to a 1-directional shockwave with (surprise surprise) nice reach thanks to her hair. It's quick and strong but not a killing move, however you might be able to use it to set up her Up Tilt at the right percentages. Just think...Dtilt-> UTilt-> FTilt/FSmash. This is one of Dixie's "Get back!" moves. [/Collapse]
[Collapse=Back Air: Whiplash Whirl]

Here we have a hair-assisted whiplash attack. She curves her hair around her then immediately turns 180 degresss, extending her hair in the process to smack foes, much like her forward smash but reversed. She then turns back to her start position. A powerful move, no doubt, but not quite the fastest airborne attack of hers. It takes a split second to get to the part you see above (while most BAirs are practically instantaneous) and the ending lag's roughly the same, so you might wanna use this move preemptively if you're sure it'll hit, and when it does it pays off. Not quite as fast as other BAirs or Dixie's other aerials, but still a reliable speed with good power. It is her strongest aerial move, and if you've ever had the misfortune of being hit by one of Ike's aerials, you'll have a very solid idea of its KO potential.
Also, as it is a tad slower due to startup and ending lag, it would be tougher to use this move as much as others before you land. Dixie doesn't have to worry too much though, because she's got an ability to stay airborne for quite some time. It's an ability...that I'll detail later..[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Up Air: Simian Cyclone]
Up Air

While airborne, Dixie can use her hair for more than maneuvering. She can treat enemies above her to a violent display of her hair's spinning ability, in which her ponytail twists and throttles wildly; it jerks and whips in a dangerous fashion, abandoning the more graceful movements it's known for and embraces a feral nature. The ponytail lashes and contorts relentlessly in a strange circular form that resembles a tornado, and thus she's able to gain multiple hits while enemies are caught in this cyclone.
Dixie makes a sort of free falling pose to pull off the move. Her arms are stretched outward while her head dips so that her feet are the highest point of her body; this allows her ponytail enough room to swivel uncontrollably without smacking herself, and her body is poised to help her with her movement, for the turbulent nature of her Simian Cyclone slows her good air speed. Fortunately this move slows her falling speed considerably, as she is spinning her ponytail afterall.
Great for racking up damage and trapping enemies in a hairy cyclone, not much of a killing move.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Forward Smash: Whiplash Smash]

To begin her Forward Smash attack, Dixie coils her hair around herself and turns her back to her foes. As she charges the move her hair tightens and snakes around her body; she balances on one foot in preparation for what's to come, unaffected by her own constricted grip. The extent of the coil grows with each second while Dixie grows more determined to maintain her posture. The pressure mounts...and then finally...!

WHAAAOOOOoomsshh!! She makes a fierce spin and unravels her hair, slashing the space around her! While she turns, her ponytail extends to whip the air with immense might and smack anything it collides with HARD. The force behind this move is extreme and her strongest smash attack without a doubt, and you can even hear the wind crack while the move's used. She easily surpasses her boyfriend's strength and practically rivals DK's!
This is a high-powered move with amazing knockback and high killing power, so do your best to avoid it! This move is a stationary spin attack that, thanks to her hair, gives this kong an elliptical strike range with impressive reach, damage, knockback and KO potential. The move starts quickly but has a bit of ending lag, for a revolution that fiercely performed needs a moment to keep balance. The upside to this however is that Dixie's using her hair to attack, and thus has a bit of a backswing that foes should beware. The backswing isn't as deadly (far less tbh) or powerful but it still packs a punch, so rolling around Dixie or standing behind this attack will leave you with a nasty surprise.
Dixie's UpTilt is a good setup for this move.
I finally got to show a smash attack. The idea behind it is a powerful backhand move where hair is used instead of hand, and I think it works out nicely[/collapse]
[collapse=Neutral Air: Splitting Kong]

A nice whirling kick. She spins twice to let her feet hit you; it pushes enemies back on moderate damage percentages and hits two times when used on those with low percentages. Nothing too special about the move, but its reliable and gets its job done. [/collapse]
[Collapse=Jab & Finisher]Okay everyone, here's my jab idea for The Third Hero:

Using her hair for support, she sits back and kicks her feet forward; Dixie pedals her feet back continuously to rack up damage.

Then, to finish her rapid kicks, she uses her hair and body to thrust herself forward feet first to give opponents a forceful shove. Thanks to her hair's length she's able to move a nice distance for her finisher.
Originally I thought of the 2nd drawing as a forward tilt backup idea, but after seeing the introduction of standard attack finishers in a Pic of the Day months ago, I knew what to do with this move.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Forward Tilt: Side Swing]
I thought up a forward tilt for Dixie Kong

She coils her blonde hair behind her and leans on one side of her body, then shifts her weight to the opposite side to swing her hair and make it spank the ground. Those who get hit by it just as its about to smack the ground receive a stronger strike, while those who get hit in mid-swing are punished less. The move's not TOO powerful, but it can kill, particularly the full swing...once certain percentages are reached, of course. Has good range thanks to Dixie's hair and the fact that she leans outward.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Up Tilt: Figure Ape]

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash. [/Collapse]

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'd like to join the support group. I've been getting into the DK vibe recently (just started playing Tropical Freeze and DK64, and I'm also replaying DKC3) and I would love to see another DK character join the roster.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OMG! @ BirthNote BirthNote BRINGING THE HYPE!
Thanks, but I'm not alone in building hype--your work is bringing the hype as well!
@ BirthNote BirthNote you may want to post that to the official character thread. It is that fantastic.

"figure ape" heh. that's clever too.
You think so? Nice lol. Thank you; you're actually the 1st person to comment on that wordplay I have. :D

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Alright. OP FINALLY updated with @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer 's splash card, @ BirthNote BirthNote 's moveset updates and @ Sari Sari joining the supporter list (welcome to the Dixie thread, by the way!). I've had tons of RL stuff happening lately (including Wave 4 amiibo BS x.x) so I didn't have time to do so earlier. I hope you all like it; it's really starting to look amazing with all of the work that everyone is doing!

EDIT: I've also organized BirthNote's moveset, so it's easier to follow.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Hopefully it's not too early to show this, but I feel like I'll be waiting forever to get to page 70..

Grab Pummel

While holding her victim, Dixie spins her hair and smacks them twice with it. Each input yields 2 quick strikes that do 1-2% of damage per hit, so in the best case scenario you'll get 4% damage for one input or 2% for the worst case. This pummel has 1.7 seconds worth of ending lag however, meaning that while the strikes are quick and have fluctuating percentages, the move itself is hard to abuse and unreliable for racking up damage. But hey, it IS a pummel after all and not meant to do as much damage as her throws.

That's one idea for a pummel; hope y'all like, but if you're not too crazy about the idea I have another:

Alternate Grab Pummel

Here Dixie takes a more traditional approach, in which she knees her foe whilst they remain in her grasp. There's far less ending lag in this one--about 0.9 seconds in this case, and she usually gives 0-3% damage per each singular strike. The chances for each percentage is random.

Since she's using her knees here I drew her with kneepads, but like my signature it's kinda hard to spot in this one. The 1st pummel is my favorite of the 2 but I can't deny the 2nd was sketched better. You guys are free to pick whichever you like more though (if you like either to begin with XD); I'm all about choices ATM.

Now onto a throw!

After holding onto an enemy, Dixie casually tosses them behind her in a small arc. There's not much force behind it honestly and it seems weak...until she swiftly follows up with a flip kick and launches them like a beach ball! The throw turns out to be more powerful than it seemed at first, as the kick gives the extra oomph needed to be a dangerous move. Foes are launched a good distance and while it's not insanely powerful, the right percentages will grant a satisfying KO.

And here's the layout. From Point 1 to Point 2 Dixie casually tosses the foe, doing 2-5% damage. She uses her hair as a balancing agent and flips back immediately, kicking the victim as you can see at P3. Here, the main portion of the attack's power is given, inflicting percentages that are higher than P2's initial toss and launching the enemy. Dixie continues the momentum she created to swing to P4 where her part in the throw ends and she gets ready to return to her neutral position.

The idea is a 2-hit throw in which Dixie flipkicks with the grace of a gymnastic fighter in a swift arc. Slightly elaborate but fast to perform. Good knockback, and KO worthy at the right thresholds. I hope y'all like, and I'd like to give a special thanks to the Sandbag. Most people wouldn't make a guest appearance in moveset ideas just to get wailed on, so mad props to it! Unfortunately for it, we have more..."demonstrations" coming... :grin:

As she clenches her opponent tightly, Dixie uses her hair as a balancing agent then leaps into the air with her victim and crashes into the ground--all while using her foe to cushion her own landing! I've combined elements of her Up Smash and Down Special to create this throw; it's not too fancy but it feels pretty sweet to do this to someone.

And here's the layout. The Sandbag has graciously agreed to be part of the demonstration--I'm so glad it's fine with being the throw victim for any hypothetical moves! So nice of it! Anyway, as you can see Dixie rolls back, launches, crashes down with the foe then happily jumps off them. They're unwillingly taken for a ride like how Kirby and Metaknight treat their opponents, but Dixie's trajectory isn't nearly as high as theirs. Also, I wasn't sure if the victim should be bounced opposite of Dixie as she jumps off or even if she'll jump forward or backward after, so I'll leave that to the imagination.[/Collapse]

Another practical attack for Dixie, her forward air has her do two kicks: right leg then left. Like the alternate down tilt idea the input yields 2 hits per use, and you can attack repeatedly with it to rack up damage. Enemies are knocked upwards and backwards slightly with each kick--enough to push them back by just a bit but not enough to keep foes from escaping another dose; time it right and you'll get much more than 2 hits from these strikes. The move's quick on its own and not KO-worthy, but with Dixie's airspeed being the best of the Kongs and a unique ability of her own, you can practically chase foes around using this move repeatedly and slowly descend to the ground.

While the attack isn't as spectacular as her Up and Down Air (coming soon) or as strong as her Back Air, it's great for aggressive approaches. She moves faster than DK and Diddy in the air and can stay off the ground longer than they ever could.

Dixie's Forward Air is a go-to move for horizontal momentum, while her Neutral is a quick way to push others back; her Up Air is deliberately meant to rack up damage and disrupt her own falling speed while it's being used, almost to the point of floating in mid air (which she technically can't do, but "gliding's" a different story). Her Back Air is strong and can kill once certain thresholds are crossed, and her Down Air...is perfect for..displacement..[/collapse]

Based off Tropical Freeze. She kneels and leans forward, allowing her hair to strike twice in front of her with a relatively small range. It's quick, reliable and has a stinging quality, but the attack is always 2 strikes per input, which means if the hits don't connect Dixie could be vulnerable to a counterattack. As I wrote before, the moves quick so she's not in too much danger if she misses, right?

I came up with the Handstand Slam just before I saw Dixie do that hair-banging groundpound from DKC Tropical Freeze, and I gotta admit it looked cool so I drew up something based on it. I find it practical; it's swift and she leans low unlike in the other which she is more open to danger, but it's not as strong and looks similar to her Forward Tilt. Still, both ideas are good but I prefer the Slam over the Spank. As long as I get ideas circulating in others, every drawing I show will serve its purpose. So in this case, if I have more than 1 idea to show for the same attack then the more the merrier.[/Collapse]

Dixie starts her Up Smash with a handstand pose. Her arms and hair stay bent on the ground to support herself and cushion her head, for balancing in that position can be painful.
The blood flows down as the attack charges, but she remains clear-headed and focused. And then...

ssSSSHWEEEEEemsh!!! She launches herself straight up to collide with foes and knock them higher! Her hair goes from a curled cushion to propel herself upward; as she does so she extends her legs in the hopes of impacting enemies with blunt force. She uses her hair merely for assistance, as this attack has her rely on her feet to deal the damage, and boy is it strong. The force she uses to blast upwards coupled with the overall trajectory makes this quite a jolt for her!
A near - strictly vertical attack from Dixie. The extended length of her ponytail matches the length of her body, and thus like many of her moves she's granted some good range. As she shoots upward her feet have incredible force; it's not as powerful as her Forward Smash, but it has quite a healthy bit of killing power. Also, due to the vertical nature of this move, it's most effective on those directly above her and the knockback is vertically oriented as well.
In regard to Smash attacks, Dixie's Forward relies mostly on her hair to deal damage; her Up reverses that "role" and her Down has no reliance on her hair. A nice dynamic IMO.[/Collapse]

To pull off her Down Tilt, Dixie does a swift handstand and lets her hair fall forward to smash into the ground. Opponents hit by it will be bounced upwards with semi decent force if their % is at or near zero; the knockback (or more accurately knock-up) is good but the move's not KO worthy unless on really high percentages, though it's a nice and quick way to bounce opponents off.

Here's the attack layout. At Position 1 tthere's no attack, but the transition to P2 is something to be aware of, as the startup swing does negligible damage but may knock you forward if grounded or swung with slightly more force if aerial. In either case, if you get hit at this transition, you should be pushed just out of the reach of this DTilt, with minor damage if you're higher than 20%. If your % is lower than 20, you're likely to endure the full attack. At P2, Dixie's hair swings downward, so anything hit from this point on the way to P3 will nudged or forced underneath the hair. At P3, the hair makes contact with the ground and BAM! The attack has unfolded. Anything it immediately touches will be bounced upwards as the attack is complete, and those that were forced through the whole move will be slammed into the ground, bounced up and receive higher damage and knockback than those making contact at P3. P4 is simply Dixie returning to her neutral position.
The move is quick on the startup side but has just a touch of ending lag; about the speed of Diddy's Forward Tilt, and as the move bounces foes upward I liken it to a 1-directional shockwave with (surprise surprise) nice reach thanks to her hair. It's quick and strong but not a killing move, however you might be able to use it to set up her Up Tilt at the right percentages. Just think...Dtilt-> UTilt-> FTilt/FSmash. This is one of Dixie's "Get back!" moves. [/Collapse]

Here we have a hair-assisted whiplash attack. She curves her hair around her then immediately turns 180 degresss, extending her hair in the process to smack foes, much like her forward smash but reversed. She then turns back to her start position. A powerful move, no doubt, but not quite the fastest airborne attack of hers. It takes a split second to get to the part you see above (while most BAirs are practically instantaneous) and the ending lag's roughly the same, so you might wanna use this move preemptively if you're sure it'll hit, and when it does it pays off. Not quite as fast as other BAirs or Dixie's other aerials, but still a reliable speed with good power. It is her strongest aerial move, and if you've ever had the misfortune of being hit by one of Ike's aerials, you'll have a very solid idea of its KO potential.
Also, as it is a tad slower due to startup and ending lag, it would be tougher to use this move as much as others before you land. Dixie doesn't have to worry too much though, because she's got an ability to stay airborne for quite some time. It's an ability...that I'll detail later..[/Collapse]
Up Air

While airborne, Dixie can use her hair for more than maneuvering. She can treat enemies above her to a violent display of her hair's spinning ability, in which her ponytail twists and throttles wildly; it jerks and whips in a dangerous fashion, abandoning the more graceful movements it's known for and embraces a feral nature. The ponytail lashes and contorts relentlessly in a strange circular form that resembles a tornado, and thus she's able to gain multiple hits while enemies are caught in this cyclone.
Dixie makes a sort of free falling pose to pull off the move. Her arms are stretched outward while her head dips so that her feet are the highest point of her body; this allows her ponytail enough room to swivel uncontrollably without smacking herself, and her body is poised to help her with her movement, for the turbulent nature of her Simian Cyclone slows her good air speed. Fortunately this move slows her falling speed considerably, as she is spinning her ponytail afterall.
Great for racking up damage and trapping enemies in a hairy cyclone, not much of a killing move.[/Collapse]

To begin her Forward Smash attack, Dixie coils her hair around herself and turns her back to her foes. As she charges the move her hair tightens and snakes around her body; she balances on one foot in preparation for what's to come, unaffected by her own constricted grip. The extent of the coil grows with each second while Dixie grows more determined to maintain her posture. The pressure mounts...and then finally...!

WHAAAOOOOoomsshh!! She makes a fierce spin and unravels her hair, slashing the space around her! While she turns, her ponytail extends to whip the air with immense might and smack anything it collides with HARD. The force behind this move is extreme and her strongest smash attack without a doubt, and you can even hear the wind crack while the move's used. She easily surpasses her boyfriend's strength and practically rivals DK's!
This is a high-powered move with amazing knockback and high killing power, so do your best to avoid it! This move is a stationary spin attack that, thanks to her hair, gives this kong an elliptical strike range with impressive reach, damage, knockback and KO potential. The move starts quickly but has a bit of ending lag, for a revolution that fiercely performed needs a moment to keep balance. The upside to this however is that Dixie's using her hair to attack, and thus has a bit of a backswing that foes should beware. The backswing isn't as deadly (far less tbh) or powerful but it still packs a punch, so rolling around Dixie or standing behind this attack will leave you with a nasty surprise.
I finally got to show a smash attack. The idea behind it is a powerful backhand move where hair is used instead of hand, and I think it works out nicely[/collapse]

A nice whirling kick. She spins twice to let her feet hit you; it pushes enemies back on moderate damage percentages and hits two times when used on those with low percentages. Nothing too special about the move, but its reliable and gets its job done. [/collapse]

Using her hair for support, she sits back and kicks her feet forward; Dixie pedals her feet back continuously to rack up damage.

Then, to finish her rapid kicks, she uses her hair and body to thrust herself forward feet first to give opponents a forceful shove. Thanks to her hair's length she's able to move a nice distance for her finisher.
Originally I thought of the 2nd drawing as a forward tilt backup idea, but after seeing the introduction of standard attack finishers in a Pic of the Day months ago, I knew what to do with this move.[/Collapse]

She coils her blonde hair behind her and leans on one side of her body, then shifts her weight to the opposite side to swing her hair and make it spank the ground. Those who get hit by it just as its about to smack the ground receive a stronger strike, while those who get hit in mid-swing are punished less. The move's not TOO powerful, but it can kill, particularly the full swing...once certain percentages are reached, of course. Has good range thanks to Dixie's hair and the fact that she leans outward.[/Collapse]

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash. [/Collapse]
Wow, this is amazing, fantastic job BirthNote, this really is splendid.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

Grab Pummel

Alternate Grab Pummel

Now onto a throw!

Up Air

I love the humor you put into the descriptions. Poor Sandbag...

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Alright. OP FINALLY updated with @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer 's splash card, @ BirthNote BirthNote 's moveset updates and @ Sari Sari joining the supporter list (welcome to the Dixie thread, by the way!). I've had tons of RL stuff happening lately (including Wave 4 amiibo BS x.x) so I didn't have time to do so earlier. I hope you all like it; it's really starting to look amazing with all of the work that everyone is doing!

EDIT: I've also organized BirthNote's moveset, so it's easier to follow.
Yes! Thanks for organizing birthnotes moveset! It will be easier to drop them on the template once he is done with all of them!
=D

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'd prefer it if she grabbed people with her hair and spun them around to throw.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thank you @ SethTheMage SethTheMage for organizing the moveset. It flows much better now, and since the moves are in the OP I probably won't be reposting previous ideas with each update. It makes things easier IMO.
I love the humor you put into the descriptions. Poor Sandbag...
LOL yeah, I hope it can handle the beating it still has to go through.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So, I've been thinking about Smash 4's music, and while I like many of the tracks I'm not happy about the DK music selections. We got 7 variants of "Jungle Level" as if that's the only noteworthy theme to come out of the DKC series and I find that annoying. So, my question to you all is, if you could replace those 7 versions with different tracks, what would you choose? It could be a remix or a direct rip from a game. If you keep a Jungle Level track you can add another non-Jungle Level track

Kongo Jungle 64:
-Kongo Jungle--stays. It's the stage's original song in Smash 64 and Melee, plus it references the first DKC. We also get Hideout Helm (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTGvJ8GFzVM)
-Jungle Level Tribal Style--replaced with a remix of Life in The Mines (here's the DKCR version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQMmMxr605o)
-Jungle Level Ver. 2--stays as we get a remix of Jib Jig (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMjnDMpoXVw&index=6&list=PL334A457011BC5467)

Jungle Hijinxs
-Jungle Level--swapped for Mining Melancholy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ2dt5v_BzA&index=17&list=PL334A457011BC5467)
-Jungle Level Jazz Style--swapped for a remix of Aerie Fortress (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUh-LxGRic8)
-Jungle Hijinxs--swapped for Fear Factory Returns (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKaURxJ8GcI)
-Swinger Flinger--stays and we get Boulder Roller (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSHCj0x_UQA)

I'll just leave this here. I'll say more about it later. gotta dash to work.
Transparent version can be found here - http://veemon-tamer.deviantart.com/art/DIXIE-KONG-for-smash-4-Transparent-537474641
It's finished! Nicely done as always, I love the eyes. Shall I post this and the splash art on tumblr?

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Looks good although I think it's a little dull, maybe make the clothes and hair a little brighter and I think the hat could do with a little shine to it
Yeah I struggled so hard with the tones. For starters the hair. In the splash image I tried brightening the hair but then it lost it's stringy texture. I noticed the lines in the hair were more prominent in the tropical freeze model so I attempted to recolor the hair. I was able to preserve the lines this time but now it was darker so I was at a loss.

As for the clothes like the hat. I have no clue how people overlay textures on colors without going darker. I tried brightening the texture and it was faded to the point you couldn't see it anymore. Also The problem I ran into with that hat is that it looked just as shiny as the toe nails at one point and I know the surfaces are supposed to be different. It's so hard to do when you don't have a 3D program distinguishing the different surfaces for you. So yeah I still have alot of studying to do when it comes to realism and digital painting.

So, I've been thinking about Smash 4's music, and while I like many of the tracks I'm not happy about the DK music selections. We got 7 variants of "Jungle Level" as if that's the only noteworthy theme to come out of the DKC series and I find that annoying. So, my question to you all is, if you could replace those 7 versions with different tracks, what would you choose? It could be a remix or a direct rip from a game. If you keep a Jungle Level track you can add another non-Jungle Level track
And yeah I noticed that. It's almost as bad as Mute City supposedly being the ONLY song in F zero... I mean I'm not as salty about that because I got my Fire Field and Shotgun Kiss tracks now only if they would add the Mario Kart 8 versions of Mute city and Big blue I'd more that happy!

But as for Dk not so much. I thought I was the only one to notice that but I never pointed it out because I didn't want people to think i was nit picking everything to death >.>

Kongo Jungle 64:
-Kongo Jungle-- 100% agree that definitely stays!

-Jungle Level Tribal Style -- replaced with a remix of Crocodile Cacophony
(An OC remix of what I would like it to sound like!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XclT2OLpflI

-Jungle Level Ver. 2-- I also agree can stay it's like the most hype on out of all of them. So I'd like a remix of Hot-Head bop
(perhaps something similar to this style)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waO9N322Nh8

Jungle Hijinxs
-Jungle Level-- swapped for Mining Melancholy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ2dt5v_BzA&index=17&list=PL334A457011BC5467
Yes! i'll just leave that because that song WAS my childhood! 100% agree!

-Jungle Level Jazz Style--swapped for a remix of the Rocket Barrel theme -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waO9N322Nh8

-Jungle Hijinxs-- swapped for Big Top Bop from tropical freeze or Punch Bowl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301s-GDML5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxrXWokYqQ

-Swinger Flinger-- stays because is Dave wise and we get Tropical freeze's Fear Factory (or any song for that matter the OST is soooo good!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o_B_qGoZ8A

Lol I'm sure my music genre bias is showing ^^"

@ BirthNote BirthNote Yes you may put them on tumblr tho I will go back and eventually redo the splash card with the current model and tagline that alot of people requested. But yeah go for it! =D

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Excellent choices VT! I had a hard time choosing the tracks myself since they honestly are all amazing, and it's funny you kept the same Jungle Level tracks as I did, and for practically the same reasons! *High Five* Oh, and we're definitely not the only ones who picked up on the selections; if you check out the Homecoming Hijinx by that Piplupwater user, one of the top comments points it out too. It's like that on some of the other videos too lol. I kinda noticed the same thing with F-Zero as well, but I brushed it aside when I heard Red Canyon and a few others. Something about that one in particular spoke to me, IDK why lol.

Ok, so here's the caption I made for Tumblr:
WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Another impressive set by Veemon Tamer! So y’all may have noticed there’s no Smashified versions of Dixie Kong; rather than wait for one to pop up, VT has decided to put her skills to the test and make her own! This is her first 3D painting and as you can see, she hit the ground running. VT’s made the character art and splash image to go with it, along with a cool tagline as well. It doesn’t end there though, she’s made a comprehensive unique moveset (http://veemon-tamer.deviantart.com/art/Dixie-Kong-Smash-Bros-Moveset-531027007) for the blonde kong AND plans to make custom taglines for the splash art! She’s been kicking *** so far and is on her way to kick a lot more! Well done!

If you like this Smashified-inspired work, feel free to send a vote for Dixie Kong at: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Check out these sites for more Dixie Kong support:

Smashboards: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...get-on-over-to-smashbros-com-and-vote.324279/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VoteDixie

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Dixie4Smash

It's been up for 12 hours but it's only got 1 note of feedback. That's honestly not good everyone; the moveset VT's made reached 60 notes on my profile alone and reached 311 on someone else's. I've tagged smashified, Retro Studios, and Playtonic Games in that post and I'm shocked how little attention it's got so far. My Rayman drawings typically get more attention in a shorter timeframe (the latest reaching 12 in less than a week), so if I were to guess the issue I'd say it's not simply my profile being unknown it's also a lack of interest in the character. We need that to change. To everyone who has a Tumblr account, please reblog the post I made or simply make your own entry using @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer 's artwork. We need this to spread at a much faster pace than it's currently going.

Here's the link: http://geneticdestiny.tumblr.com/post/120994020392/warning-challenger-approaching-another

And as an update for my moveset, I'm working on the Specials and unique attributes in a way that's different from what I've shown. I'm taking my time and going carefully to avoid messing up, but I have a failsafe: I scanned the line art and I plan to ask VT to color the works digitally if my hand-colored attempts mess up. The Forward Throw is different from the other throws and so I'll depict that differently as well. I'll have something ready to show soon everyone.

One last piece of news: Sakurai's got a video presentation for Smash 4!
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-bros-presentation-from-masahiro-sakurai.aspx
Maybe he'll have a surprise for us..

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
It's been up for 12 hours but it's only got 1 note of feedback. That's honestly not good everyone; the moveset VT's made reached 60 notes on my profile alone and reached 311 on someone else's. I've tagged smashified, Retro Studios, and Playtonic Games in that post and I'm shocked how little attention it's got so far. My Rayman drawings typically get more attention in a shorter timeframe (the latest reaching 12 in less than a week), so if I were to guess the issue I'd say it's not simply my profile being unknown it's also a lack of interest in the character. We need that to change. To everyone who has a Tumblr account, please reblog the post I made or simply make your own entry using @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer 's artwork. We need this to spread at a much faster pace than it's currently going.

Here's the link: http://geneticdestiny.tumblr.com/post/120994020392/warning-challenger-approaching-another

And as an update for my moveset, I'm working on the Specials and unique attributes in a way that's different from what I've shown. I'm taking my time and going carefully to avoid messing up, but I have a failsafe: I scanned the line art and I plan to ask VT to color the works digitally if my hand-colored attempts mess up. The Forward Throw is different from the other throws and so I'll depict that differently as well. I'll have something ready to show soon everyone.

One last piece of news: Sakurai's got a video presentation for Smash 4!
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-bros-presentation-from-masahiro-sakurai.aspx
Maybe he'll have a surprise for us..
Sorry to hear that things aren't going well on the Tumblr end with the new art. I hope that the moveset at least made some impact there. However, I'll be sure to keep things updated here.

As for the presentation on Sunday, I'm fairly confident that Dixie has a shot at being DLC outside of the ballot, but I also think it's too early to announce her if she's planned.

If the data that was discovered in the Mewtwo patch by multiple sources is legit, then we should have Ryu and Roy coming, with two unknown characters also planned. My belief is that Ryu will be revealed on Sunday, and Roy will be revealed next month at the Fire Emblem concert where Sakurai is presenting something. Since the other two slots don't have any data associated with them in the Mewtwo update like Ryu and Roy do, I think that they are not yet ready to be shown off. Additionally, I believe that the remaining two slots are both pre-ballot characters. The Mewtwo update went live very shortly after the ballot opened up, so I think that they were planned in advance of the ballot. I have a very strong hunch that Wolf is going to be one of these mystery characters. However, I think Dixie has a good shot at being the other one, given her recent return to relevance and the fact that Sakurai has considered her in the past.

Of course, this is all conjecture based on what multiple hackers allegedly found in the data (and some wishful thinking), so I admit that I can very well be wrong about this. I remember when many people thought that there were more characters past the roster in the ESRB leak because of "credible" sources, and I got my hopes up about Dixie then. Take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
I also think Wolf is one of those 2 slots and no idea who may be missing, but I doubt it Dixie, she always appears in all the leaks but eventually sadly always end up leaving everyone but her, hopefully either way end appearing but I will not hope until I see for myself, people always say that she has a chance and then never put it, so I just believe it when I see with my own eyes that hopefully soon, plus all think Dixie has high chances because once estubo planned in Brawl, but everyone is confused, because she never planned estubo as its own character, Sakurai just wanted to put in a team with Diddy, never had interest to make your own character Dixie :(

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer

Sorry tumblr isn't going great. I actually have a close buddy with like over 1000+ followers I might hit up for a signal boost. I totally forgot he had a tumblr. One the flip side look at Facebook =D
https://www.facebook.com/dkvine/pho...0.1433953477./836946456361205/?type=3&theater
And the smasified team actually retweeted my work without me asking O___O
https://twitter.com/smashified/status/606548508359819264

I am almost done with my write up for our campaign for Reddit.

As for the presentation on Sunday, I'm fairly confident that Dixie has a shot at being DLC outside of the ballot, but I also think it's too early to announce her if she's planned.

If the data that was discovered in the Mewtwo patch by multiple sources is legit, then we should have Ryu and Roy coming, with two unknown characters also planned. My belief is that Ryu will be revealed on Sunday, and Roy will be revealed next month at the Fire Emblem concert where Sakurai is presenting something. Since the other two slots don't have any data associated with them in the Mewtwo update like Ryu and Roy do, I think that they are not yet ready to be shown off. Additionally, I believe that the remaining two slots are both pre-ballot characters. The Mewtwo update went live very shortly after the ballot opened up, so I think that they were planned in advance of the ballot. I have a very strong hunch that Wolf is going to be one of these mystery characters. However, I think Dixie has a good shot at being the other one, given her recent return to relevance and the fact that Sakurai has considered her in the past.
Ehhh... to me that could go a different way as well.
If Sakurai really is going back and using those slots for the forbidden 7 then there is a chance that the open slot wouldn't go straight to Dixie.

So if...
Roy is coming back
Mewtwo is in
Dr. Mario is in
Plusle & Minun - Can't work due to the 3DS

That still leaves
Toon Zelda
Toon Sheik
Dixie

I know Zelda has more reps and DK needs more but how does Sakurai feel about this? If this is truly the route he is going? He has neglected DK straight down to the music choices. X_x Or that slot could go to someone left field similar to Ryu who came out of nowhere... But only time will tell.

I also think Wolf is one of those 2 slots and no idea who may be missing, but I doubt it Dixie, she always appears in all the leaks but eventually sadly always end up leaving everyone but her, hopefully either way end appearing but I will not hope until I see for myself, people always say that she has a chance and then never put it, so I just believe it when I see with my own eyes that hopefully soon, plus all think Dixie has high chances because once estubo planned in Brawl, but everyone is confused, because she never planned estubo as its own character, Sakurai just wanted to put in a team with Diddy, never had interest to make your own character Dixie :(
And yeah 100% agree Wolf is coming back! If Japan got their top pick vet Lucas then its only fair if the West get's their top pick vet Wolf (who was also Japan's 2 pick as well according to some polls before the ballot opened). I hope Wolf does come back because I have no idea why he was cut to start with =/ threw a vote in for him because he was one of my best friend's main.

My stance on it is. I won't be heart broken if she isn't a pre ballot pick but if she is then W00T! SURPRISE! Pre ballot or ballot pick I just hope she makes it in either way. After all the "leaks" and getting my hopes up only to be let down in the end I just don't hold my breath anymore lol.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm just now seeing this. This is awesome!

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Thanks! I still need to make alt splash cards. @ toadster101 toadster101 and @ BirthNote BirthNote had some great tagline suggestions!
One tag you could use is "Dixie Kong tags in!". You know, like how they would swap in the classic Kong games.

Also if Dixie ever gets in I want all of us to set up a tournament where we all play her. It would be awesome to play with all you folks.

Top Bottom