• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ontario Pwn Classic HYPE VS TIN MAN GOING DOWN! RAY KALM AND HOLY ATTENDING

swordgard

Smash Hero
This.

I shall put it in words that everyone should understand.

Montreal top players: Canada is free, both wc and ec, you guys in gta should stop trashtalking considering you never went out of region for the most part, and don't have the results to back up your says.
GTA: GTA isn't trash, were better than montreal.
Montreal mid-level players: We are better than you, montreal>GTA.
GTA: Nha were tons betters than you.
Montreal top players: We believe our top players are comparable(save for ally), but that we have a bit stronger pr overall, but thats irrelevant since we are still pretty bad at the game compared to US.
GTA: He just said GTA is trash! He is so wrong, we are better than mtl.<<person that never went out of region to play against other top players, AND is completely missing the point.

GTA, you guys are completely misinterpreting the message that mtl top players was trying to make. USA are much better than us, and as long as you guys insist on making a rivalry between the two of us, then you are hindering your own chances of progress. Its as if your intentionally going to have a rivalry with another team at hockey when your both last in the rankings, when in reality the true competition is with other better teams. Of course you guys make this the case by not travelling and then trash talking the only other team that you have played, without even taking into consideration the fact that they have to travel 6 hours which is pretty draining, and then proceed to trashtalk them regardless of the results, using confirmation bias to see only what you see that fits your view of whats happening. All of this while ignoring the bigger picture, which is that we should be helping each other to get better instead of acting like this, and that involves first of all you guys making some efforts once in a while to come to our tourneys. We are not perfect, but you have much more to do with EC canada not being as good as it could be than us, and thats part of the reason both scenes are dying, and part of the reason I left. I tried to make you guys understand you were hindering yourselves but thats on you.

So please, low level players of GTA stop arguing about these things, you have no idea what is even happening metagame-wise outside your region. TO joe got worst, I can attest this for myself, he looked like he was fairly rusty. You can say whatever you want, its the case. I stopped playing ics for so long myself, so that doesn't help either. Holy stop training compared to what he used to.

The "top level" of EC canada went down a bit over the past 6 months due to these reasons. In GTA for joe's case, this is mostly due to him having little to no true competition. In mtl this is mostly due to me stopping to play to win, thus stopping to push for smashfests/tourneys to happen as much(for the record I stopped playing to win a while ago, I just wanted to go to GTA one more time before stopping completely). Either way, if anybody disagrees that's your choice, except I am pretty sure joe/holy/ally will completely agree on this.

Citrus, it doesn't matter who's training is more effective. Training is training, better than no training at all.

On a random note, I think it shouldn't be long until my sheik is better than what my ics used to be, simply because I actually like playing her and will play her in friendlies.

Either way, I might go to GTA this summer, though its not a priority, not to play or to prove anything, just to come and see a few people from GTA I liked spending time with.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
the real answer SG is that the rest of GTA and Montreal is trash. The reason why gta is trash right now is because sauga left. Sauga too good get at us.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
And Swordgard is free.

I don't think Canada is bad. there's horrible ppl in the U.S. I could have SG's prime comparing to most U.S top players. Same for Holy, but you guys needed more exp. Not just by playing us. The exp you gotta get from playing other countries and such.

Suck my **** in other words for Canada's rep, I got dis gaiz

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
And Swordgard is free.

I don't think Canada is bad. there's horrible ppl in the U.S. I could have SG's prime comparing to most U.S top players. Same for Holy, but you guys needed more exp. Not just by playing us. The exp you gotta get from playing other countries and such.

Suck my **** in other words for Canada's rep, I got dis gaiz
Yeah totally agree with this, but not everyone can afford to travel every week but I'll figure something out soon if I really want to keep playing this game seriously. Also buy me a controller noob.

the real answer SG is that the rest of GTA and Montreal is trash. The reason why gta is trash right now is because sauga left. Sauga too good get at us.
Sorry Dimmy but you completely missed the point, yes we know Sauga is good but this was a crappy reply to Swordgard's serious and truthful post.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Mannn... imagine how good Chatham (read: me) would be if I wasn't 3+ hours away from everything and played more than once per tournament and had an opponent other than the training dummy or a Wii that worked or an internet connection that didn't disconnect every 5 minutes.

GTA is free

Once again, all of my outstanding MM's from tourneys I missed are still open to anyone who wants to play them.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
What Swordgard says is true though, Canada is free compared to USA. Back in 2009 the gap between Canada and USA was very small but they eventually got better and way faster than us.
The only reason USA is better now is because they have more experience due to them having a much bigger scene, it's pretty hard to get better when you got a small scene...this is why Canada won't get any better any time soon. But this isn't the only reason.

What made Ally so great at this game? It's obvious the main factor was him travelling everywhere which gave him immense experience. Sure other factors like wifi and training against me helped him too but that was the main cause. I think travelling make someone better, had I not travelled to GTA in the past I think GTA would **** me now. Everytime I travel to a tournament I feel like I get so much better than going to a local tournament.

So GTA if you really want to get better I think you should start aiming to going to Montreal tournaments instead of going to USA where you stand absolutely no chance, you will get better by attending our tournament. When you start taking our money that's when you'll know you're ready to take on USA.
I know travelling is really expensive but a lot of our players actually have no money and they still find manage to save money to attend your tournaments.

I'm pretty sure you guys got drivers or you can try busing down, I actually found recently that you can bus Montreal to Toronto and vice-versa for only 50$ if you get your ticket 7 days in advance. So yeah the only way to improve a lot at this game is by travelling...there's no doubt about that, Ally proved it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Patches, once you get your license, consider a seat automatically filled for every MTL tourney.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yeah GTA is free LOL, I realized that last tourney when ****ing nostalgic, vis, darkshadow, remorse, and citrus were ****** kids all day. It isn't only about the losses, it's how well they did!! Citrus went last stock last ht with anyone he played and those weren't pushovers. DS vs phiddles was ridicuously close. Remorse obviously tossed me around like delfino was his playground, nostalgic vs DDM was epic as ****.

To Ctirus, yeah we HAVE improved BECAUSE lower-to-mid level players are playing better. Such as tin, iliad, phiddles, myself. Unfortunately, aside from Tin for the most part, we just aren't as strong as the beast mother****ers who left like ace, hype, doc, mikey, fool, minus, etc (list is too long). Soooo, players have improved, scene overall hasn't, it actually deteriorated. Some players will get better in no time; patches, wiimote (hrc), DDM, MPrime, cMeDu. Hopefully in time.

In terms of travel....it's just too much ****ing money and no drivers. I hate it, I'm always broke, I'm literally one of those poor guys within a poor family. I'd love to travel, be it for smash or ssfiv, but can't. I'd have to use that money for more important things. I know there must be many in my shoes. And now that I've moved out it's going to be worse. Remember that it isn't only the immediate costs, it's the loss of shifts and ****.

When Ambrose was in the scene he drove mother****ers around every weekend and that really helped our scene improve. Only Hamilton got this now...for now.

Good job to MTL for ******, it is now our turn to listen to the massive ****talk and our turn to prove to you guys we ****. Unfortunately, it won't be at this tournament because we seriously just don't have the strong players, only two of our PR is entering and that is Tin (#2) and jMo (#10). Sauga will hold it down for us lol.

Another note, techiyo and guard I'd like to MM you guys at my place $5 bo3 cause I won't be able to play you guys at any point during the tournament.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Unless I'm adopted or I'm financially independent to the point where I don't need to rely on y parents. I can't go anywhere =/.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
i actually really wanna go to a montreal tournament, didnt know buses were so cheap

just putting it out there, if anyone wants to bus to a future mtl tourney im probably down unless i have a midterm/exam coming up or something

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
i actually really wanna go to a montreal tournament, didnt know buses were so cheap

just putting it out there, if anyone wants to bus to a future mtl tourney im probably down unless i have a midterm/exam coming up or something
Greyhound 7 days in advance ticket is a very good deal(About 58 with tax). You do need a credit card though. But I've been travelling to Toronto using this method since almost a year now and it's much more abordable than paying 120$, that's what I used to play when I was a noob at travelling -.-
I'm pretty sure Kingkong would happely house you and other people coming down, you guys should try reaching our tournament in March 12th.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Mrpime and Mr.L Are busing down to mtl for Kingkong tournament in March, I am housing the both of them. I live on my own in downtown montreal, 2 minute walk away from the closest subway. I am meeting them right where their bus drops them off. It so so easy. I understand financial, its a legit john. but for 50$ there and back with free housing? F*ck i'll even feed you guys with my meal plan for uni.

Just come hang and compete in our home for once. It'd be a nice change and I hope you consider it.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Damn... Drama got loose up here!

On topic, I'm not all that great but I've certainly improved during the course of time playing you Ontarians which I do adore and after going to Ottawa. The key to improvement for me is by playing many different styles. When your too used to one style of player, you get easily tossed around by a different style player.

GTA vs MTL crew battle I would definitely like to see this though. Not as in rivalry, but more of a friendly battle. We gotta help each other get better ***** ;).

Also, KKong who is arguably the best Bowser around now, I'm always close vs him then when people told me how GTA is free, I didn't believe right away. I played Phiddles and he practically gave me almost the same troubles as KKong. However, KKong reads people like a ****ing book LoL.

By the way, how come you Ontarians always spell my name "Dark Shadow" ? there's no space lol.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Id except mariks project m MM, as long as i can get a couple rounds to see if its actually like melee ahah.

And any brawlers playing mvc3, id MM... LOL

And no need to say anything mikey; sauga whooped hamilton's *** in a crew battle....in hamilton....in a tourney run by iliad.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
We need to get better as a country.
That's some sound advice.
Ally, coach us all <3

Cyan_

Smash Lord
ok lets keep it real here.

who cares about gta vs mtl?

RUSTY SAUGA vs anyone, guarnateed loss for anyone.

RUSTY HYPE AND KINGACE - places 1 and 2 easy.

naw but im looking to see some hype matches : ) the spirit of sauga has lived on in trash talk thats all i ever wanted : )
LOL mikey2good

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll be bringing my Wii specifically as a Project M Demo set-up.

Mostly because I'd rather have some PM replays that can actually go up, rather than silliness from a leak (which I gather is what Marik will have since earlier in the thread he MM'd me with his Yoshi).

Top Bottom