• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Professor Pro: Do you want to improve the smash community in the uk or what? Because Im in love with you big time.
Yes I do and No I dont. I want to improve it for smashfests and stuff but the cockyness is just too fun and if it drives people away it does. But if you want me to join neoempire I will prob be very cocky on it, worse then Smashboards.

Hurricane Rev: Do you want to improve the smash community in the uk or what? Are you proud of me also on the boards and in general?

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Yes I do and No I dont. I want to improve it for smashfests and stuff but the cockyness is just too fun and if it drives people away it does. But if you want me to join neoempire I will prob be very cocky on it, worse then Smashboards.

Hurricane Rev: Do you want to improve the smash community in the uk or what? Are you proud of me also on the boards and in general? your my number 1 Rev. I don't have to be alone anymore.
yes i do want to improve the smash community

craiigg

Smash Lord
noone hates it, just don't see much need to move from smashboards to there when everything we need is right here.

if someone likes brawl and wants tournaments they're going to look for a forum dedicated to the games rather than neoempire.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Let me just quote someone from neoempire.

I understand where your coming from.
And yeah probably the other site has TONS AND TONS of stuff on it!
However...
it is not expanding your community!
It seems kinda deadlocked!
I am a new SMASH player, and I don't even know what site your on about!
Now imagine this dilema with someone else in the UK!

--->Wants to play competitive in the UK, but can't even find the site your on about!

Neoempire is more UK orientated, and majority of the time, most **** here is taken competitive!
I not telling you to leave smashboards. you should post something in neoempire if you want more players interested in smashbros. i might make a thread on neoempire called "the super smash melee/brawl thread". The more players we get, the better our smash community will be in the uk.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Let me quote your quote:

"it is not expanding your community!
I am a new SMASH player, and I don't even know what site your on about! "

He ****s himself up abit there ya think? How can a site he doesn't know deadlock us?

How is Neo Empire going to expand us any more than SB's when these boards are very well known by any smash player just by typing Smash forum into google.

I like NeoEmpire, but I don't think it needs a smash subforum

Edds

Smash Ace
whats the point switching over to neoempire when you have to sit through this until they figure out how to get a new admin.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
when i was looking for scene that plays smashbros in the uk, i find it hard to look for one. Some players in the uk doesn't even know if there is a scene that plays smashbros in the uk. This forum is good but it doesn't focus on the uk. it focus on europe. Neoempire are only focusing on looking for uk players instead of europe. Smasher would find us quick and simple. That all i'm saying. if you still don't agree, then fair enough. atleast i tried. Changing topics now lol. Any good brawl matches?

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
....Exactly how is anyone going to just "find" Neoempire quick and simple. Its nowhere to be found from search terms like 'competitive smash bros uk'. Smashboards comes up beforehand on most relevant searches.

"Wants to play competitive in the UK, but can't even find the site your on about!" - How are they not going to be able to find smashboards, and yet find Neoempire considering how much smaller and less relevant it is >_>

Anyway, I'm happily waiting for Admin, and have signed up etc. Just its going to get annoying if you keep posting inaccurate arguments. :bee:

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Crappy Rant on TRYING to make us Move to NE.

Ok guys sorry for invading your threads over and over but Bronze is correct, what your doing with this neo-empire **** is good for people involved in other games who might wanna play smash also, but the smash boards was the MOST POPULAR site for brawl info and still is, aswell as Melee, even though this is an American run site, it is simple to use, more structive and actually had guys who know what their talking about running it (in this situation I mean Smash, I'm sure they know quite a lot about other games, but I doubt they do about smash as they never had a section before we arrived.)

This website is always going to be the first one they come to, there is NOTHING we can do about that, this website attracts people from all around the world "Smash Boards" what does that say to you? Smash info, a forum of people who love smash. What does Neo Empire say to you? An empire with a bright light, doesn't tell me shiznuggets about smash.

This whole idea, as I said, is good for finding A FEW players, but this site is rather easy to use for a begginner also...

PSEUDEOCODE LAYOUT OF STEPS A NEW USER WOULD DO:

1. Post in Meet n' Greet
- Mention Where their from and ask for people local to them
- A moderator or a experianced user will inform them of the regional Zones
2. They head to the Regional Zones
- They relaise they are not a ****** and can tell the difference between Pacific West and Europe and the other parts of the world...
3. They look for a topic title with their area (Scotland, England, London, Northwest, something similar to their location) on it and ask for some games.
- Recieve some friend codes
- Meet up
- Play Smash
4. If they enjoy, they join the scene because they enjoyed playing the people that were in their area and enjoyed playing the game at a competitive level.
5. You have a new smasher.
END DISCUSSION.

Smash Boards is easier to use, understand, find and is more logical for us to use for the information.

Whoever goes to Neo Empire, thats fine by me, but to be honest we've only found A FEW new smashers there, if we don't at least 10 NEW ones, not the ones we found recently, after the games release in the UK, I'd say stick with Smash Boards imo, but remember: I am not trying to force anyone to stay here, just stating why it's so bloody obviously logical to stay here.

Oh btw, NE's stupid *** Avatars expand the page and look unorganized as everyone had a different size avatar, the standard avatar is 96x96 or 75x75 or even 50x50 not bloody 150x150 jesus christ and their upload system is stupid also a direct link is good enough, I don't mind paying a visit to Imgshack once in awhile.

Sorry for the rant but I'm REALLY REALLY sick of hearing about NE and how we should move to it. I feel like it's being bloody FORCED apon us now due to them COMING HERE and TELLING US to go there. Jesus christ just let us make up our own logical choice, this is mine, unless all the community go there, I'll only check NE frequently, Not every day like I do Smash Boards.

If theres any spelling mistakes shut the hell up its 20 to 3 at night.

Oh and just to be even more of a tit:

Nice job, theory's flaud. Smash Boards is easier to find.

EDIT: I SPELLED COMPETITIVE WRONG AND I STILL GOT SWF, THATS ENOUGH.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
PDOT has spoken (through the last 3 posts)

I would like to know what I would need to search for for neoempire to be top 3 three in results page..?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
professor pro is ****ing too good

also pdot WASSUP DOOOOD <3
I know

yes i do want to improve the smash community
Nice attitude there.
yep. thats right and tell me the reason why you hate neoempire so much?
I dont, read Foulplay reply for mine.
noone hates it, just don't see much need to move from smashboards to there when everything we need is right here.
if someone likes brawl and wants tournaments they're going to look for a forum dedicated to the games rather than neoempire.
Agreed
Let me quote your quote:

"it is not expanding your community!
I am a new SMASH player, and I don't even know what site your on about! "

He ****s himself up abit there ya think? How can a site he doesn't know deadlock us?

How is Neo Empire going to expand us any more than SB's when these boards are very well known by any smash player just by typing Smash forum into google.

I like NeoEmpire, but I don't think it needs a smash subforum
Agreed
....Exactly how is anyone going to just "find" Neoempire quick and simple. Its nowhere to be found from search terms like 'competitive smash bros uk'. Smashboards comes up beforehand on most relevant searches.

"Wants to play competitive in the UK, but can't even find the site your on about!" - How are they not going to be able to find smashboards, and yet find Neoempire considering how much smaller and less relevant it is >_>

Anyway, I'm happily waiting for Admin, and have signed up etc. Just its going to get annoying if you keep posting inaccurate arguments. :bee:
Agreed

Ok guys sorry for invading your threads over and over but Bronze is correct, what your doing with this neo-empire **** is good for people involved in other games who might wanna play smash also, but the smash boards was the MOST POPULAR site for brawl info and still is, aswell as Melee, even though this is an American run site, it is simple to use, more structive and actually had guys who know what their talking about running it (in this situation I mean Smash, I'm sure they know quite a lot about other games, but I doubt they do about smash as they never had a section before we arrived.)

This website is always going to be the first one they come to, there is NOTHING we can do about that, this website attracts people from all around the world "Smash Boards" what does that say to you? Smash info, a forum of people who love smash. What does Neo Empire say to you? An empire with a bright light, doesn't tell me shiznuggets about smash.

This whole idea, as I said, is good for finding A FEW players, but this site is rather easy to use for a begginner also...

PSEUDEOCODE LAYOUT OF STEPS A NEW USER WOULD DO:

1. Post in Meet n' Greet
- Mention Where their from and ask for people local to them
- A moderator or a experianced user will inform them of the regional Zones
2. They head to the Regional Zones
- They relaise they are not a ****** and can tell the difference between Pacific West and Europe and the other parts of the world...
3. They look for a topic title with their area (Scotland, England, London, Northwest, something similar to their location) on it and ask for some games.
- Recieve some friend codes
- Meet up
- Play Smash
4. If they enjoy, they join the scene because they enjoyed playing the people that were in their area and enjoyed playing the game at a competitive level.
5. You have a new smasher.
END DISCUSSION.

Smash Boards is easier to use, understand, find and is more logical for us to use for the information.

Whoever goes to Neo Empire, thats fine by me, but to be honest we've only found A FEW new smashers there, if we don't at least 10 NEW ones, not the ones we found recently, after the games release in the UK, I'd say stick with Smash Boards imo, but remember: I am not trying to force anyone to stay here, just stating why it's so bloody obviously logical to stay here.

Oh btw, NE's stupid *** Avatars expand the page and look unorganized as everyone had a different size avatar, the standard avatar is 96x96 or 75x75 or even 50x50 not bloody 150x150 jesus christ and their upload system is stupid also a direct link is good enough, I don't mind paying a visit to Imgshack once in awhile.

Sorry for the rant but I'm REALLY REALLY sick of hearing about NE and how we should move to it. I feel like it's being bloody FORCED apon us now due to them COMING HERE and TELLING US to go there. Jesus christ just let us make up our own logical choice, this is mine, unless all the community go there, I'll only check NE frequently, Not every day like I do Smash Boards.

If theres any spelling mistakes shut the hell up its 20 to 3 at night.

Oh and just to be even more of a tit:

Nice job, theory's flaud. Smash Boards is easier to find.

EDIT: I SPELLED COMPETITIVE WRONG AND I STILL GOT SWF, THATS ENOUGH.
lol Agreed
PDOT has spoken (through the last 3 posts)

I would like to know what I would need to search for for neoempire to be top 3 three in results page..?
lol Agreed, except for the first part.

you gotta wait for the admin Edds
Go away.

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
You guys need to grow up. Especially since you all conveniently ignore my points every time I address you. I won't bother arguing or repeating myself again, since you guys are being incredibly stubborn and narrow minded. It saddens me to think that there are people here who are absolutely bent on alienating themselves and ruining things for others.

Anyway, I'll say it one last time: no one is asking you to move to NE. Maybe it will sink in this time.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
You guys need to grow up. Especially since you all conveniently ignore my points every time I address you.
I didn't. I piped them.
SWF has a higher chance of finding new people as you can see by my post.

And that isn't immature, thats shutting you all up.
If actually read it, I'm sick of this debating of which forum to use, its clear that this one is the superior one as it is DEDICATED to smash.

Dedicated to UK competitive scene or not, NE has a less chance for us to find new people if they are going to have common sense and use google to hunt for competitive players.

My post is how practically everyone on this thread feels. I advise you just let them go of there own free will and stop trying to force them. And yes, it feels like you are forcing them.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
You guys got a point. I am wrong and you guys are right. can we just move to a different subject now? we are just going back and fourth and it getting boring now. Changing subject now. so What do you think about brawl at evo2008?

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
I didn't. I piped them.
SWF has a higher chance of finding new people as you can see by my post.

And that isn't immature, thats shutting you all up.
If actually read it, I'm sick of this debating of which forum to use, its clear that this one is the superior one as it is DEDICATED to smash.

Dedicated to UK competitive scene or not, NE has a less chance for us to find new people if they are going to have common sense and use google to hunt for competitive players.

My post is how practically everyone on this thread feels. I advise you just let them go of there own free will and stop trying to force them. And yes, it feels like you are forcing them.
You piped my points without understanding or even addressing them? Ok :ohwell:

Ok, let's get a few things straight:

1. No one is telling you to move to NE, or forcing you to move to NE

2. What we are asking, is that you make your presence known to NE. What this means is that you simply mirror the information you post here (i.e. tourneys, fests, results etc) over there, and just make the odd participation every now and then. So that if NE announces a Brawl tourney or whatever, you post in that certain thread and show your interest.

3. THIS IS FULLY FOR YOUR BENEFIT, NOT NEOEMPIRE'S! I don't get what's so hard to understand. NE admin or staff will not bother looking for the smash scene, the smash scene has to go there!

4. If you cannot see the benefit of joining the rest of the fighting game community then you don't think very much of the Smash scene. What good is alienating yourselves?

So quit overlooking the **** subject. Who gives a crap about google searches or any of that nonsense? You are completely missing the point/s, which I've addressed above. NE is the fighting game hotspot for the UK fighting game scene, for all fighting games, so why don't you want Smash to be a part of it? NE now has links with SRK and Evolution, you guys blatantly missed a free ticket to Evo Vegas to participate in the largest upcoming Brawl tourney, does that not alert your senses?

You are given a take it or leave it situation. NE is not for profit (they are paying for your Plane ticket to America and your hotel for goodness sakes), they are for the FG community. If you don't take up the offer or if you ruin your scenes opportunity, no one will care and no one will chase after you, the only ones at a loss would be you lot

I hope you understand, as I have nothing more to say. You either take it or you leave it, we don't care about your excuses.

Edit: Wth, the word d*mn is censored on these boards?

Retroking2000

Smash Master
You piped my points without understanding or even addressing them? Ok :ohwell:

Ok, let's get a few things straight:

1. No one is telling you to move to NE, or forcing you to move to NE

2. What we are asking, is that you make your presence known to NE. What this means is that you simply mirror the information you post here (i.e. tourneys, fests, results etc) over there, and just make the odd participation every now and then. So that if NE announces a Brawl tourney or whatever, you post in that certain thread and show your interest.

3. THIS IS FULLY FOR YOUR BENEFIT, NOT NEOEMPIRE'S! I don't get what's so hard to understand. NE admin or staff will not bother looking for the smash scene, the smash scene has to go there!

4. If you cannot see the benefit of joining the rest of the fighting game community then you don't think very much of the Smash scene. What good is alienating yourselves?

So quit overlooking the **** subject. Who gives a crap about google searches or any of that nonsense? You are completely missing the point/s, which I've addressed above. NE is the fighting game hotspot for the UK fighting game scene, for all fighting games, so why don't you want Smash to be a part of it? NE now has links with SRK and Evolution, you guys blatantly missed a free ticket to Evo Vegas to participate in the largest upcoming Brawl tourney, does that not alert your senses?

You are given a take it or leave it situation. NE is not for profit (they are paying for your Plane ticket to America and your hotel for goodness sakes), they are for the FG community. If you don't take up the offer or if you ruin your scenes opportunity, no one will care and no one will chase after you, the only ones at a loss would be you lot

I hope you understand, as I have nothing more to say. You either take it or you leave it, we don't care about your excuses.

Edit: Wth, the word d*mn is censored on these boards?

why dont you guys stay on NE then tell them to join smashboards fair ???

also how would you win an evo ticket exactly

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
why dont you guys stay on NE then tell them to join smashboards fair ???

also how would you win an evo ticket exactly
Tell the smashers on NE to join SWF? I/we've done that in the past. Everyone should know about this place already. But that's not the point. The point is that you make yourselves known to NE so that NE will host tournaments for you. I plan to go to more brawl tourneys and such, and I (and Charles) will relay the information and everything to make sure the NE staff know that the smash scene exists and is worth dealing with. However, that can only go so well--NE has to see your willingness and co-operation from you guys directly.

I would actually tell one of the staff to come here (r3ko has done so in the past) and check the scene out, but:

A. Do you really want some of the NE staff to read all the harsh words being flung about?

B. NE has no obligation to do so, this is for you, not them. If you want the smash scene to proliferate go to NE and they will help you, simple.

And as for the Evo ticket, just check this out: http://www.battleofdestiny.com/

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
that's what im trying to say, i'm not trying to make it the main forum, it'll just be better for smash to be known -_-. Of course it aint gonna come up on google because it was just put up there, if you search London street fighter community on google it comes up with neoempire on the first link. If you search London smash bros community it comes up with the fuzz and spkz bi-weekly thread (makes sense much? because the amount of users and how long it's been alive). We're not looking at the amount of people or how long it's been alive, we jut want some recognition with NE so smash can be invovled in major tournies and big prizes and ****! And of course getting a few new faces

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I didn't address your points, because I agree with you :) I addressed Hurricane because he was talking rubbish :urg: But he's fine now, so I'm fine ^_^ As for Brawl at EVO...don't they have some stupid rule set people complain about?

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
I am talking rubbish loool. sorry about that. i can get carried away at times. But anyway, does anyone know any top brawl players that are going to evo?

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
WAIT... I was meaning to address hurricane looool
Sorry Chez or w/e your name is was meaning to address hurricane thought you were him for a minuet, looking back on the posts I noticed I replied to the wrong guy nice going imo.

also: i advise we all just STFU and let us choose what we want to do alright?

Don't make me have to type out a frickin' SQA essay rant on this whole situation 2x longer than before.

I am talking rubbish loool. sorry about that. i can get carried away at times. But anyway, does anyone know any top brawl players that are going to evo?
I would imagine Azen is going but this is probably a topic on the Brawl Discussion right now, either that or "HEY GUYS WHERES THE JUMP BUTTON" why some noob, try the tournament discussion also? :)

LOL

i like this post
<3

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Hyper Street Fighter II (PS2)*
* CapKore version of Hyper SF2 Anniversary will be used, with only Super and Super Turbo Characters permitted. See Event Info page for more details

Tekken 5 - Dark Resurrection (PS3)

Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (PS2)

If you think you have what it takes to beat the best in Europe and take on the best in the world then you know where to be on the 26th and 27th of July!

basically get smash on that list lOL smash is harder than those stupid games look how fast you have do moves in smash those games are a ****ing joke

Top Bottom