• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Melee Hacks Audio/Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
So is this thread for music/audio requests as well? If so do I need to post a download link from megaupload or mediafire?

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
So is this thread for music/audio requests as well? If so do I need to post a download link from megaupload or mediafire?
Grinin when can we play man?! friday sometime bro!!!

Anyways, i made some audio hacks, they work with several stages on sleepys hacked iso. If yal want i can upload all the ones i got. Its like 6 of them, and they are legit!!! =D it wont hurt to try!!! oh and you can obtain the original songs by downloading a new fresh iso (hssbm.rar?) for whoever asked that.

some of the songs are:

Bond explosive

Zelgadis theme song

Song of storms remix

Electronaut

Gerudo desert

Megadeath

Slam

Metroid prime menu

About to create a eurodancer one

ILM

Smash Journeyman
Can you upload the Zelgadis theme? I'd very much appreciate it.

Halo5GOD

Smash Cadet
argh, I've got a few sound files I've been looking for to replace.

-The explosion sound when someone dies horizontally or below the stage (so I can replace it with a compliment/insult sound instead).
-The power shield sound.

I would assume these are stored somewhere with a lot of other "generic" battle sounds such as shielding, rolling, etc.

Mad J

Smash Cadet
Hey so im not sure if anyone would know but i though i should try postin here too. I was following both sleepyK's audio hack guide on youtube and also 'Gsub's simple step-by-step music hackin guide'.

I downloaded the pack from Gsub's guide and used the music program to edit my songs. I changed the sample rate of my audio track to 32000 and changed the bit rate to 16. Made two different audio channels both mono.

When i put it into the cmd i made sure that the cmd was in the right folder with all my audio tracks and i used the line showen in both guides. "hps_insert Original.hps songnameL.wav songnameR.wav". Obviously changing them to there actual file names...

It makes the HPS file but its only 4,246 kb and my orginal.hps is 30,194kb

Also when i was finished with the right and left audio clips, i went to the properties and looked at the details. Under bit rate it says its only 512 kps. that doesnt seem right.

Any ideas???

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
did you actually wait for the command to complete?i think closing the cmd window before you are able to write a new command into it makes the program stop running hence a smaller output. im shooting in the dark here

Mad J

Smash Cadet
did you actually wait for the command to complete?i think closing the cmd window before you are able to write a new command into it makes the program stop running hence a smaller output. im shooting in the dark here
Ya i would wait for it to complete and sometimes i would even try it again with out closing it.... :urg: i dont know what else to do. I even tried the different stages.... Even though all of sleep K's hps's files are all the same sizee in the iso.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
its probably fine then just apply it and it should work. make a back up copy of the iso just incase

Pmac

Smash Cadet
Ok, I am completely capable of making my own hps' by extracting with Gctool and editing the hex.

But what I can't figure out is why are all of these downloads for like 30mb hps that don't fit?
Why can they just be formatted at 6,889 kb so they can be put directly into the gc-tool?

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Ok, I am completely capable of making my own hps' by extracting with Gctool and editing the hex.

But what I can't figure out is why are all of these downloads for like 30mb hps that don't fit?
Why can they just be formatted at 6,889 kb so they can be put directly into the gc-tool?
Everyone is using Sleepyk's ISO, which has 14:02 minute HPS files for the neutrals and the counterpicks. If you want any of the music in this thread I would advise using that.

nube

Smash Apprentice
sounds like a remix of some pokemon g/s/c theme. from ocremix perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom