• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OLD Ice Climbers Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the ICF, which is basically here to serve our forum as a database to quickly determine locations and information about fellow members who use IC as their main (or one of their mains, semi-mains, etc.). Since the Ness forum has its own "Ness Finder," I figured why not have the same for our lovely friends, Popo and Nana. :suess:

After playing this game for years, I have went through a few great characters, such as Samus, Marth, and Doc. I recently used Falco as my main, and I reveled in the glory that was achievable with the pillar, the shine, the SHB, and his other great skills. I loved Falco and the others, but now the ICs have caught my eye. Mind you I'm still a scrub, so I am not overly knowledgeable about the ICs or the game in general... But I picked up the ICs, and loved them. The Wavedash is so seamless, and the combos and desynching are so intricate and effective. The ICs truly are one of the characters that really shine in SSBM. I have heard this and that about ChuDat being the best, and someone said that he is one of few (or many...) smashers who have removed the veil of tier importance and realize how great the ICs can be... Well we have all seen what ChuDat and the better ICers can do. It's time for all of us to rise, for there are other great ICs out there, or some beginners who could have potential to be great ICs and dominate tournaments.

The ICs are pretty high on the list actually, anyway. Look at other mid-low characters on the tier list, and even they have been proven efficient against higher-tiered characters... For instance Neo winning 3rd at MLG with Roy...

But anyhow, this is basically a central place for ICs to talk and find others near them, and a lounge. If enough ICs are found, maybe we can have a national/global tournament comprised of only IC players. This is probably too ambitious but you never know, in the future, maybe I myself can hold a tourney... The possibilities really are endless.

The list of IC players will be separated by State/Country/Continent. Hopefully we will get a lot of non-US IC players to give their perspective on the character. When you post, here is the info you should post (I will put myself on the list as an example):

Name (i.e. Tag, Nickname): Malice
Location (City, State, Country, Continent): Lansdowne, PA; US, North America;
Willing to travel how far to smash (tournament): 2 hours MAX, but in college I'll travel more freely
Contact (AIM/MSN/Yahoo/ICQ): ProsperousKnight (AIM)

So with all that said, let's unite, fellow IC's! :estatic:

On a side note, thanks to Dan Smith for the idea (stole this from him).

On another side note, this is what happens to Ness when he messes with the wrong Ice Climber...

:ness: = :ouch:

- ICFinder Database -

[USA (and its territories)]

HonorBound a.k.a. Honor - [Tempe, AZ;] Dallas, TX; (? Hrs)
AIM - excelexcel25

nin10do a.k.a. SOL - Cypress, CA; Can't Travel
AIM - sexybluedoughboy

AzN Lep a.k.a. Pat - Escondido, CA; 2 Hrs

I P Freely - Fremont, CA; .5 Hrs
AIM - batata PR1CK

Neal - San Luis Obispo, CA; 6 Hrs

spiritdragon - Thornton, CO; .5+ Hrs
AIM: divinechaosdemon

exarch - Gainesville, FL; 2 Hrs or more
AIM - exarch 21

HoChiMinhTrail - Chicago, IL; (? Hrs)

S.S. - Manhattan, KS; 1 Hrs (possibly?)
MSN - glunkal@hotmail.com

GoVonzell - (?), MD; (? Hrs)

Bones0 - Jarrettsville, MD; .5 Hrs

Zuli - Owings Mills, MD; (? Hrs)
AIM - Nintendoholic0

BlueWolf25 - Anoka, MN; 1-2 Hrs

JusDBerube - NJ; (? Hrs)
AIM - JusDBerube

superryan - Smithtown, NY; 45 Min.
AIM: nuttieguy393mkii

SMB Portal a.k.a. Chris - Syracuse, NY; 1 Hr

_the_sandman_ a.k.a. Craig - Gibsonia, PA; (? Hrs)

Malice - Lansdowne [near PHILLY], PA; 2 Hrs
AIM - ProsperousKnight

takun - Parksburg, PA; 2 Hrs
AIM - Johnathan Bach
Email - eiffletwr@yahoo.com

Ninja - Philadelphia, PA; (? Hrs)

Quill - Philadelphia, PA; 3 Hrs
AIM - Qull903

PopeOfChiliTown a.k.a. Armando - Isabela, PR; Can't Travel

Yurkaga - Abilene, TX; 1.5 Hrs

McDOOMHeart a.k.a. Doom - Raymondville, TX; 1 Hr
AIM - McDoomHeart
Yahoo - krazy_psykko
Email - mcdoomheart@lycos.com

TaruRDM27 a.k.a. Taru - Chester [near Richmond], VA; 4 Hrs
AIM: Shinra5000

Pichu Paizano a.k.a. Nick - Lynchburg, VA; 3 Hrs
AIM - BurgRep

Silly Fox - Seattle, WA; (? Hrs)

[Canada]
xvarner - Botwood, NL; Canada; 4-5 Hrs
MSN - jcrbutt@hotmail.com

BentoBox - Aylmer, Québec; Canada; 2-3 Hrs
MSN - guggalicious@hotmail.com

[Europe]
Doraki a.k.a. Thomaz - Leiden Zuid-Holland, Netherlands; Will Travel Abroad
MSN: thomas_wennink@hotmail.com

Happosai - Milheeze, Netherlands; 48 Hrs
AIM - HapposaiFreak
Email - opti2367@hotmail.com

svampen - Sweden; Travel depends on $$
AIM - TheYoshroom
MSN - flugsvampen89@hotmail.com

[Asia]

[Australia]
Snakebite - Melbourne; (? Hrs)
MSN - thom_markus@hotmail.com

[Africa]

[Central/South America]

[Antarctica]
Nana and Popo
:psycho:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Meh I'm not hiding anything.
exarch - Gainesville, FL; 2 Hrs or more
AIM - exarch 21
Oh and thats in the US NAmerica.
And by the way, an all icy tourney would stink. I hate that ditto, you can't do the typical icy thing. no grab combos. Though really i should look into talking to those antarctica people, do they have a SN?
check out my desynch guide!

Malice

Smash Apprentice
I edited the tournament thing... Maybe that would suck. But another idea is to have a tournament of all IC players, where everyone uses ICs at least once in the tournament... to see who is the best player/IC player overall, out of all of us. OR we could just hold a NORMAL tournament, lol... IF the topic goes anywhere, that is.

I'll add u to the list now, btw anyone in the states I will know u are in the US/North America... I already checked out your desynch guide, and 2 other IC guides, so I've learned a lot... I must say you know your stuff about the ICs, lol.

Sorry, but there's no internet in Antarctica... Maybe you'll see them at a tourney?

ChuDat

Smash Master
Malice said:
But another idea is to have a tournament of all IC players, where everyone uses ICs at least once in the tournament... to see who is the best player/IC player overall, out of all of us. OR we could just hold a NORMAL tournament, lol... IF the topic goes anywhere, that is.
In actuality, there aintz a point to a Tourney to find the best IC player becuz ChuDatz the best LMFAO /chillened

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Name markus/ Gamer names snakebite and Markarse

Ice dittos are horrible alot of the gameplay of ice is removed when another icey is involved.

Anyhows I'm from australia melbourne the west side footscray(Well its close to where smash happens)
Learning my stuff atm. Msn is thom_markus@hotmail.com

12 hours or more depending on if it fits in with daily life which is pritty slack, I can make it slacker for smash. I dont mind traverling short distances

Malice

Smash Apprentice
Snake, how far are you willin to travel for Smash? and yeah, that is a good point guys... I never thought of how the match would play out.... I guess we never will find the "best" IC (other than ChuDat...). So fellow ICs all we have to do is train and help each other, and get to tournaments, and place as highly as other elites... So any hopeful ICs please rep your brothers in any tournament you go to, for we (the IC players) are the best. Let's show these people we aren't here to play **** games. :p

I P Freely

Smash Journeyman
Fremont, CA, USA

as i'm only 15 and dont have a car i wont be able to go vert far for a tourney, maybe 30 mins.

aim - batata PR1CK

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Malice said:
I guess we never will find the "best" IC

Good. And please everyone, take that as a hint not to bother with a "who's the bst IC topic".

If this is sucessful enough, I'll sticky it.

EDIT: That's not a cue to spam it. I'll be checking...

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Name: Neal
Willing to travel how far to smash (tournament): 6 hours.

Yurkaga

Smash Apprentice
Name: Yurkaga
Willing to travel how far to smash (tournament): 1.5 hours

Blind

Honorbound
Honor
North America, United States, Tempe, AZ / Dallas, TX.
Time = unknown... probably no interstate stuff while I'm home in Texas. Besides that, whatever.
AIM: excelexcel25

Happosai

Smash Journeyman
Happosai
2 days :D depends on the location, how long, money involved, like if my parents allow me to go to sweden this january ill go earlier soi can see some stuff of the country etc
Netherlands, Europe
contact opti2367@hotmail.com

BentoBox

Smash Master
Hey hey! I just decided to ditch ness for the ICs xD (makes me think I now need to find pics of ICs for a new sig ~_~") Anywayz..

Name : BentoBox
Location (City, State, Country, Continent): Aylmer, Québec, Canada, America
Willing to travel how far to smash (tournament): I'll get my driver's liscence by next year, and hopefully get a car by then... So I don't mind really.. But as of now..2-3hours max =X. So I guess we'll never meet up ;D

Malice

Smash Apprentice
SMB PORTAL said:
Chris
Syracuse, NY ,Us, North America
Time= 0-1 hour

Where will everyone meet?
Well, ideally those who can travel far will be able to meet at a tournament if one of us starts one (for instance me, in the future)... and for those who can't travel too far will hopefully find a lot of other players in their area. After the list gets larger people can just try to set up smashfests or tournies or whatever to meet and play other ICers... As for an official tournament between ALL of us, that won't happen probably. But even then, it's still good to have the list, because once SSB goes online for Revolution, you can find players to play against from here. But it's still great for finding people to smash against in real life.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
My name is Craig, and I have been using Ice Climbers for a while now. Actually they're in my top 3. Them being Yoshi, Falco, and of course the Ice Climbers. I'm not sure about traveling, but if I do get really into it, I wouldn't mind taking a road trip. As for now, I can just talk about them and their strategies.

I'm from Gibsonia PA (outside of Pittsburgh). United States of course.

Ninja

Smash Journeyman
thats right ppl Ninja has picked up the parka ppl and has already become the best wit them
*RUN*!!!!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Name: superryan
WIlling to Travel: Maybe about 30-45 minutes. Only 14 so I am limited.
AIM: nuttieguy393mkii

BTW, the ICs are my secondary. I'm learning how to use them, so if anyone wants to give me some tips on using them, don't hesitate to AIM me, especially if you're really good in doing the Nanapult which I have trouble doing >_>.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Armando
Isabela, Puerto Rico (that's North America, or Latin America, by the way)
Can't really travel, but I'd like to be in the database anyway.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Ness is my main but I use ICs as my next best. Isn't strange how some people use Ness, Luigi, and IC and not any of the top tiers? It seems like the same people use those chars. I don't have a problem with that though. We all also destroy the so-called Top tiers. Yeah!
State: Maryland (Go Ravens wait they suck, go Orioles wait they suck too. Nevermind)
County: Harford County
Town: (not big enough to be called a city) Jarrettsville
Travel Time: 1/2 an hour cause I can't drive yet

TaruRDM27

Smash Cadet
Name: Taru
Willing to travel for smash tournies: 4 hours
AIM: Shinra5000

Im throwing my Y. Link and Peach on the backburner for the ICs cuz its so much fun to pwn ppl who are gaping at the screen going "i never knew they could do that" lol (mainly thats on desynced throws and the freeze glitch, which i just like exploiting on n00bs lol)

Surf

Smash Rookie
Name (i.e. Tag, Nickname):
Location (City, State, Country, Continent): Central East Florida, U.S., North America
Willing to travel how far to smash (tournament): Not good enough yet,......around 45 minutes depending on circumstances.
Contact (AIM): Free2Three

Just picked up the ice climbers, and all the advanced tactics. They're my co-main with Marth (still a noob).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom