• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218521

^ DHGR > FSJ List

I asked for it, and I think someone else did. Just stumbled onto it.
Yes, Ive been looking for that everywhere. Thanks you so much.
Lol, I put it in the Kongpendium for this very reason :laugh: I guess nobody read it

Does the DH grab even during the whistles Super Armor Frames?
I will find out the next time I play my Olimar-maining friend (tomorrow). That's actually a good question... But I think you do.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I used to play DK. I can say, that the answer is more than likely yes.

SA ignores knockback effects while taking damage but you can get grabbed out of super armour.

EDIT: I had never looked in the Kongpendium before. That should be sticked and the older version of it that is stickied should be unstickied. For sure.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Ok thanks.
@Inguilt, I really just skimmed through since a lot of it was from your common terms thread so it didnt catch it ;)

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
What determines whether you do a short or long diddy hump/kick input wise? I could probably figure this out on my own but I'm too lazy.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Whether you smash or tilt the stick while pressing B.

I don't want to make a thread because this is probably known, so I'm just going to ask if it is

The other day I was messing around and learned that you can z drop a banana from a ledgejump (pressing y on the ledge, not dropping down and jumping over the ledge) so that it you drop it while it's still offstage, so it doesn't land on the stage but just falls to the blast zone. This would be a great way to gimp people who are recovering from below. Not only that but you can drop it fairly high in the animation so that it doesn't drop directly from ledge height, but a little above (would be good for getting Falco in his recovery I think).

Known?

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Are there any characters that can ONLY be single naner locked if you use dair? and whats the list of character that have the longest and shortest tripping animations?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well I dont know about the first question; why not just use the Dair method all the time.
As for tripping animations, I know Pika and G&W have one of the longest animations.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Well I dont know about the first question; why not just use the Dair method all the time.
As for tripping animations, I know Pika and G&W have one of the longest animations.
thanks dude but i know those two already ( i think this diddy community has a serious lack of information, we need to be more well informed abut stuff like this :/ ) sometimes if you mess up with dair,it screws the whole thing up but if you mess up with bair or uair all you do is fall faster :3

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
Oh snap. you multi posters are all getting banned

thanks dude but i know those two already ( i think this diddy community has a serious lack of information, we need to be more well informed abut stuff like this :/ ) sometimes if you mess up with dair,it screws the whole thing up but if you mess up with bair or uair all you do is fall faster :3
You should take initiative and compile an awesome list... :) You can see how long they are tripped and act accordingly after the first trip in the match tho.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Does the Wario grab release -> Dair only work if Wario jump breaks or does it work either way? I was practicing it on a level 9 com and it worked even when he didn't jump break but you know humans>computers.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I've grab released to Tip DA > Uair before. I completely didn't expect the grab release so I didn't go for anything. It seemed like Fair woulda worked though.

Someone more knowledgable would knwo for sure. I didn't think Diddy could Air release unless it was on the edge so I screwed it up.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Nope. It's only a grab release, I think you can follow it up with a DA>aerial if they struggle(not get grab released in front of you but into the air).

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I just wanna know for sure cause I've definatly had a Metaknight Jump/Air Release on FD before. I remember because the Metaknight asked me(it was in friendlies) oh Diddy has Grab Release stuff too?

And I just went, "I don't... I don't know. I don't think Diddy Kong is supposed to Air Release people ever...???"

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna know for sure cause I've definatly had a Metaknight Jump/Air Release on FD before. I remember because the Metaknight asked me(it was in friendlies) oh Diddy has Grab Release stuff too?

And I just went, "I don't... I don't know. I don't think Diddy Kong is supposed to Air Release people ever...???"
yea, it only happens if the person spams jump, or if your at the edge...well at least thats what i know from wario >_>

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Spamming jump counts as struggling though. ;P

So struggling=aerial release and not doing anything=grounded release. You can chain aerial grab release MK btw.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I think he just means that its possible to CG MK with air releases though its absolutely useless in real life since the opponent pretty much controls whether they air release or not. (Diddys not tall enough to force as everyone else already said)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well Wario (and I think Ness/Lucas) can get hit by any aerial from an air release, even the Dair :)
Other than that, I dont really know of any other GR tricks.

cong

Smash Journeyman
I've been having problems when im on the edge.

how you guys mix it up?

i only Fair or side b

but it's getting real predictable and im getting punished, what other options i got?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've been having problems when im on the edge.

how you guys mix it up?

i only Fair or side b

but it's getting real predictable and im getting punished, what other options i got?
Pressing R from the ledge is a neat trick i like to save as a mix-up, also diddy's get-up attack with A. He's pretty limited in terms of being on the ledge. side b and fair are good, plank alot too with barrels XD!

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
I'll usually just wait by planking with barrels for my opponent to do something that gives me an opening to stand up or jump on or punish them. . Most of the time I end up diddy humping on stage tho as well, going for the hump... 15 damage :)

lain

Smash Master
Diddy Kong is so fun. And I understand him! I could play ADHD-esque.

But ahhh no. I could never change my main. :p

I might be playing him in the next tourney in pools though. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom