• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
But I beat Biglou and I wasn't even ranked!

Either way. Reflex would probably be like 7th or 8th on our PR and contend with Anuar. And Kismet/4GOD/P-1 would have at chance of being ranked 9th/10th but I think that's it. Vato and Falln are really good, and I'm not too shabby either if I can say so myself.

And ZSS. YES PLEASE I love ZSS!!!

In other news, I am here because I play Diddy. I've been playing Diddy basically since after apex and its really brought a lot of life back into this game for me. I'm having a few technical questions though.

I don't use reverse pivot popgun at all yet. and I know you use it similar to how snake pivots nades in the air to switch up his landings.

2. how do you fight back against a MK that is in your face all the time and puts you in a situation with out being able to get a banana out. Havok is really good at this.

3. I pick up Bananas a lot with Jumping Fair/jump nair. Is it possible to grab them off the ground with jump Bair since it wont leave me vulnerable to something like Dash attack? What's the best way to do this?

4. How do you hold the banana yet still use D tilt? All I can do is Charge F smash. are those the only two options you can do while holding a banana?
4 Pick up the nana and keep holding the A button.

Hold down and c-stick down.

You can also shield :troll:

vato_break

Smash Master
You can throw mk and take bananas out but, really just get away from mk or make mk get away from you. You can try to bait mk into punishing your taking out of bananas if he's pressuring you a lot.

You can pick up bananas with RAR bair or z catching from the ground too. Nair is bad to catch bananas from the ground with, well i don't see it being super useful(still has uses though)

To dtilt with a banana you have to kinda do it at an angle as if you were crawling, kinda.

Vega4

Smash Ace
1. You mean baiting the falling fair with a glide toss? I'll try that, normally I just shield it. What kill moves do you usually use against peach besides fair and smashes?

2. I think he means feigning running away and then immediately using side-b as a surprise tactic. I don't know if :peach: attacks will pick up bananas as she lands or not either.
1. Vs Peach you use fair the way it should be used, as damage percent move. It would be great having fresh fairs to kill her, but we have to use it to attack her aerial stuff.
And I mean what you said, baiting a falling fair, and then do a glidetoss backward-nana down. This work a lot vs Peach because Peach users have a big confidence in her falling fair because if you shield it, they can inmediately do (with no lag, and low or 0 risk of being grabed) those slaps (I'm not sure if it is Peach F-tilt or jab)... So, if you space it right and read the falling fair, you can get a free smash with our glidetoss backward-nana down (you probably know all this, but I just mention it because I didn't saw you doing this in the vid).

2. What I mean is what you can see in this vid (at 6:38):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiKL4OKZAQ

You can think that it has nothing special, but you should try it and maybe you'll be surprised by how usefull this is. Other mains fall a lot in this...

vato_break

Smash Master
i lost to vicegrip game 3(adapted to me) and falln game 3(timed out, lost by 15% or so), i beat these players at the last tournament but, they got me this time. i was tempted to go mk but i wanna try to get better with diddy so i sticked to diddy. i got 3rd in doubles though, beat some random teams, boa/teba, and havok/terry(i played well in our first set vs them). i have vids this time! my set vs raz will be uploaded(i won 2-0 close games) and my doubles matches too. the tournament ran really late, singles bracket started at 9:00pm -.- but i feel like i learned a lot and hope i can improve and do better next time. I really wanted to beat vicegrip and play fow, oh well.

in my pool i played Raz, Teba, some pit main, and some other person but, i forget who. i 2-0'd everybody except the pit cause i used mario and wanted to style :p

in bracket i played creepyfingers(falco, won 2-0), then played the truth(won 2-0) then lost to to vicegrip, then lost to falln

i thought of this clever thing with marth and diddy team. diddy charges barrels, marth throws banana at diddy then counters..so if barrels hit marth it can counter into opponents maybe! we only did it once though

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
diddy is actualy pretty good at dubz.
if you think about the fact that Gnes and ADHD both placed top 4 for dubz at apex and in general they place very well in dubz.
not to mention that a lot of other good diddy's also do well in dubz.

tibs7

Smash Champion
diddy is a very good support teams partner. bananas from 1 side to the other is ****.
doesnt really attack unless its from behind. so yeah helps partner heaps and normally holds stock rather well since its harder to get gimped :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Im in the thought process that diddy has to literally do everything, in order to be decent in teams.

everything as in, rack damage, stock tank, get kills, consistently save teammate from damage/kills. Pretty much fill all roles at once. If a diddy is still playing well but isnt doing EVERYTHING, team still loses

Player-1

Smash Legend
That's what I feel I do when I play teams except get the kills. Me and p3 teamed once as diddy and fox and he lost 5 stocks but got 6 kills

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Got my first batch of videos up for the Diddy Kong video AT guide, go check it out in the thread. Guarantee you'll learn something new from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom