• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Sliq

Smash Master
Gwah gwah gwah gwaaaaaaaah...(lame trumpet noise)

It happens. Next one's 2 weeks from Sturday.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
hey sorry i havent posted the results yet the owners missplaced the papers:( but we will start haveing biweekly tournys here at gamers ink :) so im gonna make my own post for this called AGI "another gamers ink tourny" lol

Sliq

Smash Master
Ok, this is going in two threads so everyone will read it.

I say we give Gamer's Ink another chance on the grounds that the systems are spread out, and the rules are discussed before the tournament and are posted somewhere. I can take care of the rules no problem. However, as for having it at my house, it would be possible, but the accomodations at Gamer's Ink would be better suited. At my house we'd probably end up in my back garage.

If everyone agrees with this I'll post the rules here, announce the rules before the tournament starts, and bring flyers to the tournament if Vince wants me too (or he can take care of it himself I don't care). The tournament was loads of fun, but it was poorly run.

If you guys would rather have it at my house for more prize money, then that's fine too.

Corydonn

Smash Rookie
You all just lucky my booser wasn't there... Actually I think I was having a bad gaming day that day so /shrug...

Sliq

Smash Master
If any of the Wooster people at the Gamer's Ink tournament want to get together and play Smash, jsut PM me or send me and IM. I can play anytime after 4 Monday-Friday and anytime on the weekends. We can play at my house at any of those times. Just ask my adress and you can mapquest my ***.

C

Chadftwkthx

Hey, im new to the smash world of competition and things like that, but a few buddies of mine are hosting friendly matches and eventually some competitions around NE Ohio and maybe abroad. AIM me at Chadftwkthx if you ever want to play on the weekends.

Scizor11

Smash Cadet
Scizor11 is back from a long time away. Any smashers near Mentor, OH? Or even close to the PA border (closer to Lake Erie)? Fair Warning- it really bothers me to play with smashers who swear profusely or during playing (id rather they not at all). Call me what u want, but otherwise, if ur mouth isnt bad, i might not mind smashing.

Sliq

Smash Master
Sorry, but I tend to cuss quite a bit. I'm usually pretty stoic around people I just met, but since you have a problem with it, it might be best not to chance it.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
I'm like 35-40 minutes away from Mentor. We can probably play together, either my house or your house. I can keep my mouth shut if need it be. haha

PM me with your address or something and we'll talk.

jerkface

Smash Cadet
smash is like a drug and i NEED TO PLAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any one having any events or just wana play just get in touch with me like by phone smash borad forms, car, bike, scooter or on super mans back!

Smash Ace
guess what everyone....

IM BACK

Looking at the FC thread and seeing vidjo doing soooo good gave me my 432847th wind. If vocal is coming back there is no reason for me not to.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
Some points:

- It's gonna be even hotter in there this time cause of the weather lately.
- We should do double elimination how it should be.
- The rules should be read over before we start the tournament.
- Payout is horrible.

I might be able to make it, but it depends on soccer. I'll skip a soccer game if we get a good turn-out; otherwise, I might not show.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
allright the owner said he can fix all of that except the payout cause he said that he payed out 90% of everything that came in. and hes getting more airconditioners

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
this is to the people that are comeing to the wooster tourny if you could bring some tvs and cube it would be very apprecaited

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
That was really 90%? No way. Lemme think:

22 entrants x $5.00 = $110 pot

1st place - $20
2nd place - $15
3rd place - $5

I'm almost positive that was the payout in singles. It was either $20 and $15 or $25 and $20. Sliq can back me up on this one.

I'm pretty sure teams was paid out nicely, though, so I can't complain about that.

For this tourney, assuming I'm coming, I can bring a cube, but I cannot bring a TV.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'll bring a setup. Should I bring an extension cord or anything like that?

SiGeL

Smash Cadet
I'm in dire need of a ride too. :(

I will put out like 20 for gas of someone can come about 5 mins off of Cleveland and get me.

Please? :'(

Smash Ace
do i know you sliq? you live in cincinnati but i've never heard of you

um welcome to cincinnati i guess

now to see if i'm still #1 : p

Sliq

Smash Master
Because you win all the GameJunkie Tournaments...Ok, so that doesn't make any sense, but still...

Also, Ameer, this is Justin, Kel's friend. I picked you up and took you to Kel's once.

Corydonn

Smash Rookie
Brother wanted to leave early and since he drives... /shrug I think we did good for no practice and never playing with team attack on before.. Still fun and next time I will stay for singles with my Boozer.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Someone needs to set up a tournament in the Toledo area. If someone can I know at least one other friend I could bring. I would make it but I have nowhere to hold it.

Top Bottom