• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yo-Kai Watch Discussion (Join the #WoYHangout Discord Party on YW2 Launch Day!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Neutral!

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yes

lower tier items say "Makes yokai like you a bit"

while higher tier items say "Makes yokai like you a ton"
IT SAYS THAT BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TRUST WITH THIS GAME AND BEFRIENDING.

The rates in this game are too damn low!

Edit: I feel like I've done something wrong... I've encountered Nagatha (C) before Chatalie (D) of the same design....

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've gotten so many strong yokai that my cicada guy isn't on my team anymore

I think I'm going to get the upgraded version to have one back

It's only B rank...But I think I have room for a B rank

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been trying to use "Dragon Lord"

But his stats are kind of balanced across

He's supposed to have good spirit, BUT he came level 30 with a power attitude. And his power sucks

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've been watching the anime and I've got to say, Manjimut is essentially this show's equivalent to Squidward from modern Spongebob, or Meg from Family Guy, a character who's sole purpose is to be unlucky and constantly abused, like seriously half the time he's arrested for no reason.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, the Bosses have been largely underwhelming.
All except one so far has been the following.
>Use AOE Soultimate to see all of the targettable locations
>Device what you need to cripple to expose their weak point
>Spam Soultimates once weak point is exposed.

I almost one-cycled the boss of the Museum.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Welp, just got the game, along with Yoshi's Wooly World!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Watch Rank: B
Medallium Completion: 41%
And... one thing I'm gonna say.
This game REALLY feels like it should have more evolutions than it does. Maybe it's the Pokemon/Digimon fan in me, but... I feel like I should be able to level a Yokai up enough to become the color pallete of it that's the next rank up FAR more than you can.

EDIT: ALSO RARE ENCOUNTER YOKAI LIKE THIS AGON SHOULD BE FAR MORE REASONABLE TO RECRUIT IF YOU CAN FIND THEM.

Double Edit: 11 Shaved Ices down... no recruit.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After messing around, reseting with the crank

I'm convinced what you get isn't random. It's predetermined.

I've gotten 2 S-ranks so far...

There is only 2 more yokai I really want from it. One of which I CAN catch in the wild but is rare.

Burruni

Smash Hero
After messing around, reseting with the crank

I'm convinced what you get isn't random. It's predetermined.

I've gotten 2 S-ranks so far...

There is only 2 more yokai I really want from it. One of which I CAN catch in the wild but is rare.
It is predetermined per cycle.
So you can test coins in advance.
Save scum this game because the rng is obnoxious

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was afraid frostail would be too fragile, because I'm using an item that greatly increases special but lowers defense

But frostail has become one of the most competant members of my team

Bruff, one the other hand...SHOULD be one of the most powerful

But he keeps missing

Both those I got from the crank

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit 3: I have got Scritchy

After hours of trying.

Found a way to find him quickly

He's supposed to have a higher special than strength...

...But, his strength is more than twice his special. I am so confused.

Well, I do want him to use his attack and possession mostly anyway so I'll keep him twisted.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Just watched gameplay of YW2, it's incredibly polished this time. Absolutely can't wait for the sequel! It needs to release next year.

I do not like the logic of saying Yo-kai Watch's gameplay is so simple. Couldn't the same be said from a PKMN newcomer's perspective as one could easily say that the four moveset is too basic and simplistic. When people look beyond that, there is stats like speed, accuracy, Pokemon types, and many others that make the PKMN games pretty complex and deep. The problem is that people are not bothering to check out the mechanics in-depth.

Yo-kai Watch has those deep mechanics too, there's speed, defense, spirit, different tribes that affect behavior of Yo-kai, attack, rotating strategies between Yo-kai, Soultimates that have different functions that affect the other player's strategy, targeting Yo-kai, purifying Yo-kai when needed, inspiriting Yo-kai that have certain status effects on Yo-kai, aggro, and much more that needs to be thought about when battling. I would argue it is as nearly complex as Xenoblade Chronicle's auto battle system and people aren't exploring those mechanics enough to really judge its competitive potential.

People may not notice it, but saying its simplistic without looking in-depth trying too hard to show that YW can't be competitive, when it does have the potential to be. People should give the YW battle system a second look. This time, they should really see how YW's mechanics work, try the local multiplayer and judge from there. It might not click at first, but people will really understand how deep Yo-kai Watch's gameplay goes.

Just a gripe I had today, because it has been really bothering me and it gave me a realization.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My next goal is to get a "Sandi" on my team

And "Azure Dragon"

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The more I learn about Yo-kai Watch's mechanics/attitudes, the more I regret not taking advantage of attitude to maximize my stats. I may have to restart with a new file at some point if I want to play competitively.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
I've encountered and failed to recruit the Agon 16 times now.
Shaved Ice is the best item of the "cheap sweets" category open to me right now, as it's part of the festival that JUST started. Second item of the category to say "make yokai like you a lot"
Let's assume that base chance + boost from the food + Shmoopie's popular skill gives a whole 10% chance to get the recruitment.
That gives a 90% chance to fail, a .9 so to speak.
You know what .9^16 is?
18.5%.
That's my approximation of how unlikely I am apparently getting here.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Here's some resources you guys can use for reference:

To learn more about attitudes, use these links for reference, extremely useful information if you want to maximize stats for your Yo-kai:

Attitude Guide:
(note that Calm is actually DEF+, not DEF, he hasn't fixed that yet)
https://www.reddit.com/r/yokaiwatch/comments/3s23mi/attitude_guide/cwtfip6

Attitude Testing through Leveling Up:
https://www.reddit.com/r/yokaiwatch/comments/3spphn/attitude_testing_and_results/

Attitude Test relating to Evolution:
https://www.reddit.com/r/yokaiwatch/comments/3sxbex/psa_attitude_and_ivs_in_relation_to/

For a list of resources on befriending Yo-kai, use these:
http://yokaiwatch.gamepedia.com/Food

For a list of QR Codes you can use to get Crankakai coins:
https://www.reddit.com/r/yokaiwatch/comments/3ryzna/updating_list_of_qr_codes/

Interestingly, depending on the item, it increases the chances of befriending Yo-kai.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Burruni

Smash Hero
Who's better

Your shmoopie or my casunova?
My Shmoopie is like level 38 and exists to heal.

I am going straight to the school once I get this FRIGGIN AGON

Because one of the Yokai I actually wanna use are there.

Soon, my shiva.

17 FRIGGIN AGON'S.
16.7% CHANCE IF IT'S ONLY 10% FOR BEFRIENDING, DOING EVERYTHING I CAN RIGHT AT THIS POINT OF TIME.

15.0% if it's 10% with my set up.

19 AND NOTHING!
13.5% @ 10% chance for recruitment. If it was somehow down to 5%... this is still only a 37.7% chance of happening.
Why the nyargleblargle is this engine stacked so hard against players?!

12.1 @ 10. 35.8 @ 5.

Last edited:

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
I've spent all day and night trying to befriend a Cynake. So far, no luck, even with the Yellowtail being fed to him and Cupistol present at the front...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

You get the hydra in Yokai watch 2?

...Except it's pink...

Eh, still cool

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
Just watched gameplay of YW2, it's incredibly polished this time. Absolutely can't wait for the sequel! It needs to release next year.

I do not like the logic of saying Yo-kai Watch's gameplay is so simple. Couldn't the same be said from a PKMN newcomer's perspective as one could easily say that the four moveset is too basic and simplistic. When people look beyond that, there is stats like speed, accuracy, Pokemon types, and many others that make the PKMN games pretty complex and deep. The problem is that people are not bothering to check out the mechanics in-depth.

Yo-kai Watch has those deep mechanics too, there's speed, defense, spirit, different tribes that affect behavior of Yo-kai, attack, rotating strategies between Yo-kai, Soultimates that have different functions that affect the other player's strategy, targeting Yo-kai, purifying Yo-kai when needed, inspiriting Yo-kai that have certain status effects on Yo-kai, aggro, and much more that needs to be thought about when battling. I would argue it is as nearly complex as Xenoblade Chronicle's auto battle system and people aren't exploring those mechanics enough to really judge its competitive potential.

People may not notice it, but saying its simplistic without looking in-depth trying too hard to show that YW can't be competitive, when it does have the potential to be. People should give the YW battle system a second look. This time, they should really see how YW's mechanics work, try the local multiplayer and judge from there. It might not click at first, but people will really understand how deep Yo-kai Watch's gameplay goes.

Just a gripe I had today, because it has been really bothering me and it gave me a realization.
Its because it really simple, and that not necesary make it bad, but with my experience with the game, i find too boring, repeatily do the same mini game to do an atack that refills too fast and on his own ( and these mini game are really so simple and very unprecicely), really i think the demo not reflec the final product and thats a problem, because for me the demo was not fun at all ( i was about to close the demo finding the 3rd yokai ) but of course i would love to give it a second chance if i can, but really for my experience with the demo im not gonna spend 40$ in this game and none of my nearby friends bought the game so there is no much i can do.

Leaving the game aside is the anime series good? and how much episodes it have? than you

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've got to say my favorite Yo-Kai has to be Bu Hu, as I love her character and personality, she's so
adorable!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm stuck on this guy btw...

How in the blazes do I beat him!?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ninty....
Come on.

This is how.
(Though that boss has actually been the hardest boss for me so far and I'm like 6 chapters past)
King Hippo is how? Gee, the answer was right in front of me the whole time! :troll: (But in all seriousness I think I'll use some stronger Yo-Kai and grind for exp. points)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I meant you bash in his head and then pummel his exposed belly.
Oh, that's how you do it! How silly of me! But the problem is that they attack automatically, so how can I do it precisely?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh, that's how you do it! How silly of me! But the problem is that they attack automatically, so how can I do it precisely?
The game gave you that tip during the Slimamander fight, the upper-right quadrant (blue) is the "Target" menu. You'll get a reticle of your Lens and then toss a pin in to signify your target.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The game gave you that tip during the Slimamander fight, the upper-right quadrant (blue) is the "Target" menu. You'll get a reticle of your Lens and then toss a pin in to signify your target.
Oh, thanks! Now I can finally beat him!

Burruni

Smash Hero
TWENTY-ONE AGONS!
10.9% chance @ 10% befriending. 34.1% @ 5%.
The odds of capturing a paralyzed legendary at 15% HP with any given ultraball? 7.73%.
Just... in comparison.
Tossing 21 Ultra Balls at a Paralyzed Groudon at the climax for Omega Ruby in the red and failing each time would be a 20.3% chance.
Why am I to the point that I'm comparing these for a B RANKED YOKAI

Last edited:
Top Bottom